Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Shamir & Sara

Vyk
  • Start Topic

Seemed like they did the best of the second-flight teams simply by having Shamir around to speak Spanish in Panama.  That certainly got them the jump on at least two of the first-flight teams.

They seem to gel really well, but we'll see going forward.

They definitely are the "Team Who" of the season after leg one. She seems extremely in to him, so I hope Phil keeps his Blind Date season sensibilities in check with them and Team Lolo.

Had the 2nd flight not been delayed, I think they could have possibly finished Top 3 or 4 given the driving difficulties everyone on the 1st flight seemed to have getting to Miraflores...

• Love 1

This team made it through by the smarts of Sara.  They got delayed after needing three tries at the Keep the Beat Detour and slowed down even more by Shamir's dire attempts at the Roadblock.  He should be thanking Sara for misdirecting Jessie & Francesca as to how to find the marked cyclist for why they're still in the game.

What a narcissist. Even after all his drama queening, on the mat he kept assuming that Sara's mood was because she thought he was mad at her. It never even occurred to him that SHE might be mad at HIM, or at least pissed off that she got teamed up with the season's biggest crybaby.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Aren't eliminated teams sequestered together somewhere until the finale?

Yeah,I think they are. But seeing as how Sara explicitely stated that we'll see it likely unfold during the season, unless they're going unconventional and showing teams after they're eliminated, it does seem to say something else about both teams' survival rate. I'm not saying both teams get to the end, but I think it's likely that they both make it far enough where we do see some romance put in during the legs somehow. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Shamar Thomas from Survivor & Shamir for Amazing Race are related? Jeez! These guys are such a pain in the a**.  They must be a barrel of laughs in real life. I'm curious to see how much Shamir & she will last. It's bad enough to do the race with strangers but to end up with him. Ugh!

• Love 1

When Phil asked Sara at the mat if she felt ok to continue on with Shamir, I wondered if production was considering pulling him and replacing him with someone else.  I'm guessing that they could consider his breaking the window as "threatening" and/or "violence"; enough to pull him if his partner felt unsafe and wanted a change.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Scatterbrained said:

When Phil asked Sara at the mat if she felt ok to continue on with Shamir, I wondered if production was considering pulling him and replacing him with someone else.  I'm guessing that they could consider his breaking the window as "threatening" and/or "violence"; enough to pull him if his partner felt unsafe and wanted a change.

I doubt that they replaced him, if she had said no I imagine both would have been eliminated.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I doubt that they replaced him, if she had said no I imagine both would have been eliminated.

I agree, hence why she declined to say anything bad. She was probably considering that not only would they be eliminated, but she would be to blame. Maybe she felt afraid that the backlash would be on her for not "toughing it out" or something. She seemed to be very upset but kept her mouth shut about her true feelings. Not that I would have blamed her. Either way you look at it, she was put in a bad position all because of a bad choice. Did Shamir choose her, or did Sara choose him? I can't remember now. 

My 100% armchair psychology says Shamir got increasingly pissed as other teams passed him, and as a way to cope with the fact that he was sucking at the task he found a way to blame the harness rather than himself. Maybe his boys were a little tender, but the way he raged out on the mat (I mean, turning you back to your partner and Phil? REALLY?) makes me think he has a real hard time showing weakness and instead chooses to lash out at whomever/whatever he can to deflect attention from his shortcomings.

In short: he's an asshat.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, hendersonrocks said:

My 100% armchair psychology says Shamir got increasingly pissed as other teams passed him, and as a way to cope with the fact that he was sucking at the task he found a way to blame the harness rather than himself. Maybe his boys were a little tender, but the way he raged out on the mat (I mean, turning you back to your partner and Phil? REALLY?) makes me think he has a real hard time showing weakness and instead chooses to lash out at whomever/whatever he can to deflect attention from his shortcomings.

In short: he's an asshat.

Just considering this now.  Good call.  I think you nailed it. Demanding an ambulance confirms this.  He needed proof that pain drove him to it, not his inability to complete the challenge.  He acted in rage and had to cover his ass.  

On 4/8/2017 at 1:12 PM, Jobiska said:

Well, she deserves something good to happen to her after having to work with Shamir, and their instagrams etc. are pretty cute.  

Yeah, just found out about this today and that was my first thought. The poor woman deserved something good to come out of this experience after having to suffer through it with that tool. Well unless they won whereby she also at least won half a million dollars for having to put up with him.

• Love 2

Shamir . . . I just can't with him.  I wanna root for a team with one of my peeps on it so badly, but he makes it impossible to root for him.  He pretty much was the main reason for them losing time at the Build It Detour, and Sara made things worse with her money problems at the Roadblock.

They were quite lucky to get a free cab ride.  Probably the big thing that kept them in the race, as I don't see them outrunning Seth & Olive if they had to race them on foot to the Pit Stop, nor do I see them beating out Becca & Floyd when they had their own troubles.

They must not have had good instructions or at least a warning about preserving money.  The vendors were too happy to "help" by overcharging the stressed Americans.

On 4/15/2017 at 9:04 PM, Chyna said:

Sara is treating him like a temperamental toddler (which is what he acts like). "Yes, I know you got a splinter..."

I laughed harder when he got stuck in the mud and she said "do you want to hold hands"' which of course, he did.

• Love 3

I don't understand why Shamir is even on the race. He doesn't seem to be enjoying any of it. If there is any future twist that allows people to swap partners, I hope Sara is able to use it.

They just fell apart on this leg and couldn't get their shit together.  Not at all.  They stumbled a lot at the Knock Detour, and Shamir browbeat and berated Sara into switching to the Lock Detour when they only had one carving left to find.  Still, the one crowning achievement he had was figuring out the secret compartments fairly fast.  But they dawdled for so long, they were left behind on the second ferry to the Roadblock, and that was the killing blow for them.  I don't know how long Shamir had been working on their ladle, but it was clear that he'd struggled at it, too, and was too far behind to bother catching up.

To get an elimination by Phil coming out onto the course to do so?  Humiliating way to go out.  Feel bad for Sara, who seemed like a good, nice person.  But won't be sorry to see the back of Shamir.  Hate saying that about one of my peeps, but even I can't abide by a racer who acted the way Shamir acted.

• Love 1
On 4/8/2017 at 0:52 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah,I think they are. But seeing as how Sara explicitely stated that we'll see it likely unfold during the season, unless they're going unconventional and showing teams after they're eliminated, it does seem to say something else about both teams' survival rate. I'm not saying both teams get to the end, but I think it's likely that they both make it far enough where we do see some romance put in during the legs somehow. 

I was making this assumption as well (that both LoLo and S&S would make it further so we'd see Sara and Logan hit it off).  But I guess not!  I have to admit, I did laugh when the only clip we got that showed Logan responding to Sara in any way was when he laughed a merry laugh that the team had missed the ferry!  I'll assume they did start to "catch feelings," as kids these days say, before elimination, and she thought it might be aired.  

3 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I was making this assumption as well (that both LoLo and S&S would make it further so we'd see Sara and Logan hit it off).  But I guess not!  I have to admit, I did laugh when the only clip we got that showed Logan responding to Sara in any way was when he laughed a merry laugh that the team had missed the ferry!  I'll assume they did start to "catch feelings," as kids these days say, before elimination, and she thought it might be aired.  

Well, there was one moment in the third episode, at the very beginning, where there was a shot of Sara and Logan hugging for an abnormally long time. However, that was pretty much it for that romance.

• Love 1

My speculation, without reading any spoilers, is that Logan and London may not be long for the game (not a huge stretch seeing as how they're always lagging in the back or middle of the pack) and so much of the Logan and Sarah relationship might have developed while they were in sequester. 

I feel bad for Sara. She could have done so much better if she'd had a different partner on this. I hope she had fun hanging out with Jessie and Francesca  in sequester, because I think Shamir is probably unbearable even in comfortable circumstances.

• Love 1

I'm curious to read Shamir spin in his exit interviews. Obviously, he knows the edit he got and how he was portrayed so I'm sure he'll be a barrel of laughs. I've been looking at a lot of the racers twitter pages. They all seem to be hanging and partying together but I don't think I've seen Shamir in any of them. Very strange since he was so much fun on the race. <sarcasm>