Type keyword(s) to search

Briana DeJesus: Farm league promoted to the Majors

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Briana is ridiculous, BUT I do think that she and Luis did agree to be monogamous and have an exclusive relationship sometime after their initial hookup. (Very similarly to Corey and Leah when the twins were conceived- actually the situation is identical except Corey actually fell in love with Leah).

Had Luis not proclaimed his loyalty and fidelity (barf) the FIRST THING out of his mouth would be "I didn't cheat on you because I was never your man! We were never together! You're tripping."(or some variation there of). Again, Briana is RIDICULOUS and if she hadn't become pregnant no one would allow her to still be whining about a boyfriend of 4-5 months cheating on her. Good grief. 

Yes, they were in a committed relationship and agreeing to live together away from the coven. The main thing that shocks me isn't the cheating but the fact that they both agreed to monogamy and living together permanently after a one night stand. Like...wow. 

And yes, it's very similar to Corey and Leah at first. Its totally unrealistic to agree to a commitment after a few nights of sex at a stressful time. I'm confused as to why any of them would think it was a good idea or why their families wouldn't talk them down from it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, druzy said:

So she's bitching about Luis not providing. I wonder how many diapers you can buy with the money you spent on 500 crickets??? 

Also, what an immature bitch. Luis doesn't own the place. Now you've possibly caused an infestation for the other residents and the owner of the building to deal with! Selfish, little brat!

• Love 19
35 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Yes, they were in a committed relationship and agreeing to live together away from the coven. The main thing that shocks me isn't the cheating but the fact that they both agreed to monogamy and living together permanently after a one night stand. Like...wow. 

And yes, it's very similar to Corey and Leah at first. Its totally unrealistic to agree to a commitment after a few nights of sex at a stressful time. I'm confused as to why any of them would think it was a good idea or why their families wouldn't talk them down from it. 

With Corey and Leah I kind of understand it because they were both much younger, Leah was still broken hearted over Robbie and in their neck of the West Virginia Woods, if you are having a baby together being together as a couple is expected. 

Briana and Luis- well it gets me, as non-traditional as these TMs ACT, they all worship the heteronormative ideal of a heterosexual couple in a long term sexually monogamous relationship with their biological children is the best form a family (not knocking that at all, just stating they worship it). This worship just doesn't jive with their actions. If Briana was a woman who was looking to settle down and have more kids in a committed relationship, fucking random dudes in the club makes no sense at all. 

The only somewhat logical thing I can come up with is that the "pretending" makes up for the bad choice (in their eyes). Making it right after the fact....but no I don't understand it. 

1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

So she's bitching about Luis not providing. I wonder how many diapers you can buy with the money you spent on 500 crickets??? 

Also, what an immature bitch. Luis doesn't own the place. Now you've possibly caused an infestation for the other residents and the owner of the building to deal with! Selfish, little brat!

I shudder at the immaturity. Briana is awful. It's like she has arrested development with a side of bitchy assholeness and crocodile tears. If she invested half as much time in herself (not her physical appearance but her character), she would be in a far better place right now. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Briana and Luis- well it gets me, as non-traditional as these TMs ACT, they all worship the heteronormative ideal of a heterosexual couple in a long term sexually monogamous relationship with their biological children is the best form a family (not knocking that at all, just stating they worship it). This worship just doesn't jive with their actions. If Briana was a woman who was looking to settle down and have more kids in a committed relationship, fucking random dudes in the club makes no sense at all. 

Jenelle and Leah were asked about gender roles in one of the reunion sand both said they felt it was primarily the woman's job to do housework and childcare (which neither of them actually DO, by the way!!). Like, WHAT?! You have these hyper-traditional/archaic (depending on your personal opinion) views about gender roles once you actually have the baby...but you have sex with random people?! It doesn't work like that. 'You can't turn a ho into a housewife' goes both ways-- 'you can't turn a ho into a husband.' I'm being flippant, but seriously--you can't get mad at someone for not being the traditionalist wife/husband of your dreams after you bang at the club, a truck, or somebody's backyard. Conception doesn't flip a switch that makes people who were willing to bang at the club without a condom the previous night suddenly want unwavering monogamy and forever-love.

It reminds me of Maci and her 'make me an honest woman.' It took her three kids to hammer down a commitment. Why not just, I don't know, find someone who longs for commitment from the get-go?

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 14

I agree these girls crave a nuclear family, the problem is they have no positive role models to show them what that looks like. Even the best of the bunch, Chelsea, came from a divorced home, so even though she has great parents there was still some level of dysfunction until they split up.

Briana has it even worse. She consistently sets herself up for disappointment by picking losers and having unrealistic expectations, only for it to come crashing down when the guy lives up to his nature. Her family reinforces the "men ain't shit" mentality and the cycle repeats. It wouldn't surprise me if she's pregnant again within two years.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Briana is ridiculous, BUT I do think that she and Luis did agree to be monogamous and have an exclusive relationship sometime after their initial hookup. (Very similarly to Corey and Leah when the twins were conceived- actually the situation is identical except Corey actually fell in love with Leah).

Had Luis not proclaimed his loyalty and fidelity (barf) the FIRST THING out of his mouth would be "I didn't cheat on you because I was never your man! We were never together! You're tripping."(or some variation there of). Again, Briana is RIDICULOUS and if she hadn't become pregnant no one would allow her to still be whining about a boyfriend of 4-5 months cheating on her. Good grief. 

Yes, I remember you mentioning before on their agreement to be exclusive. 

I guess I just can't wrap my head around the idea that Briana has a right to be upset. I just think it is ridiculous to hold on to this anger over some guy she barely knew and who she found out was seeing another girl. It isn't as if their relationship was built on love and a strong foundation after months of dating. Better for her to know early on what kind of guy he was and that his so-called promise was no promise at all.

To me, the root of all this anger stems from Briana being pissed because her plan to have Luis play family man backfired.  

• Love 16

I wonder how Jenelle got so caught up in the traditional gender roles view. She really didn't seem to expose those when younger, and neither does Barb to a strong extent IMO. Leah's views seem more consistent with her upbringing to me. Chelsea has always been whining about wanting a "real" famileeeee-uh, as if she and Aubree weren't a real family without a man.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I guess I just can't wrap my head around the idea that Briana has a right to be upset. I just think it is ridiculous to hold on to this anger over some guy she barely knew and who she found out was seeing another girl. It isn't as if their relationship was built on love and a strong foundation after months of dating. Better for her to know early on what kind of guy he was and that his so-called promise was no promise at all.

To me, the root of all this anger stems from Briana being pissed because her plan to have Luis play family man backfired.  

Oh I agree that Briana needs to get over herself- 100%. But just like Corey was upset that Leah fucked around on him with Robbie the first time (although that happened later in the time line of their "relationship"- about the 1yr mark cause the twins were infants), I can see how Briana can be upset at Luis. But I think people cut Corey more slack because he WAS in love with Leah. I think he genuinely fell for her and she only tolerated him because of the pregnancy.

I don't think she (Briana) was madly in love with him or anything, and yes this was a part of her plan; but Luis did lie. Also I think if Luis had caught Briana having sex with someone else he would've called her everything but a child of God, since she was "his woman" so yeah what's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Of course I think Briana is ridiculous and immature and needs to get over herself. It's not that deep. She could've ended things with him  and then just shut up and that would've been the end of it. It's her waxing poetic and victimhood I don't like, the initial anger...well that I get, JMO. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I agree that it's silly to be THIS upset, though I assume she was also pregnant and hormonal, but I think in this case they were both unrealistic. He weirdly seemed to want a trap baby as much as her. After he cheated he was angry that she didn't want to live with him anymore, and months later when they are not together in any way he's pissed that she invited an ex to her shower (cry me a river). They both seem highly immature and possessive beyond what was reasonable after a one-night stand. If I didn't know their ages I would assume they were a couple in high school that doesn't understand that you don't commit for a lifetime after 3 weeks.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh I agree that Briana needs to get over herself- 100%. But just like Corey was upset that Leah fucked around on him with Robbie the first time (although that happened later in the time line of their "relationship"- about the 1yr mark cause the twins were infants), I can see how Briana can be upset at Luis. But I think people cut Corey more slack because he WAS in love with Leah. I think he genuinely fell for her and she only tolerated him because of the pregnancy.

I don't think she (Briana) was madly in love with him or anything, and yes this was a part of her plan; but Luis did lie. Also I think if Luis had caught Briana having sex with someone else he would've called her everything but a child of God, since she was "his woman" so yeah what's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

Of course I think Briana is ridiculous and immature and needs to get over herself. It's not that deep. She could've ended things with him  and then just shut up and that would've been the end of it. It's her waxing poetic and victimhood I don't like, the initial anger...well that I get, JMO. 

Yes, Cory found out Leah had sex with Robbie a year later. By that time, he and Leah were in a committed marriage. Leah may not have been as committed as Cory, but she went through the motions of leading Cory to believe it for an entire year. His feelings were genuine. They lived in their own residence and were living their lives as a married couple. Cory was duped and lied to. To me, that is the difference between Cory & Leah and Briana & Luis.

Briana and Luis' relationship was just barely starting. Their relationship reminds me more of Jenelle and Nathan who felt after two months of dating they loved each other and were ready to have a baby. No doubt Luis didn't love Briana. She hoped it would evolve to that status, but it wasn't going to happen. Not under those conditions. Had Luis and Briana been together solely as a couple for a good amount of time, committed in the sense that it was obvious they were going to work on being a family such as moving in together and working on the future, I could see her being upset. As far as what was said and implied, they were not living together, there was no mention of them getting a place together. It sounded purely like a "he gets to fuck me when he wants" relationship and in the meantime, I hope he will want to commit to me as a family man down the road. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Honestly, Briana is or was overdoing it. Having seen her pre-TM special, there wasn't one stitch of affection, attraction, true comradery or even a little lust. They were basically strangers who were planning to half-heartedly play house. Briana was pretty quick to end it over the infidelity, whereas most committed and bonded couples will try to work things out. I think Briana is more butthurt because she knows she looks a fool for picking another loser then she really cares about Louis. She is such an immature, stunted fool.

• Love 12
On 9/20/2017 at 4:44 AM, Lm2162 said:

I know what you mean.  I had a one night stand once and 29 years later he's still here.  I just can not get the guy to leave!! 

I have to say, I agree with those who say between Briana and Brittany, Brittany is the cute one. 

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I know what you mean.  I had a one night stand once and 29 years later he's still here.  I just can not get the guy to leave!!

I have to say, I agree with those who say between Briana and Brittany, Brittany is the cute one. 

I've always found Brittany prettier then Briana. It was puzzling to me that some people speculated that Briana got special attention for being the "pretty" one and it caused bitterness on Brit's part. I think Briana is cute in a girl next door way, but her lack of personality and brains doesn't make her bland looks stand out. Brittany is so much more striking and vibrant to me.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I've always found Brittany prettier then Briana. It was puzzling to me that some people speculated that Briana got special attention for being the "pretty" one and it caused bitterness on Brit's part. I think Briana is cute in a girl next door way, but her lack of personality and brains doesn't make her bland looks stand out. Brittany is so much more striking and vibrant to me.

I think Brittany is a lot better looking myself. When I saw that pic Javi posted with both of them, I saw some ANTM in Brittany. Brianna is just a girl in a Target catalogue. But, I do wonder if Brittany has always been a bit curvier than her sister, and surlier - maybe the thinner, bubbly one is more what guys want? Who knows?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think Brittany is a lot better looking myself. When I saw that pic Javi posted with both of them, I saw some ANTM in Brittany. Brianna is just a girl in a Target catalogue. But, I do wonder if Brittany has always been a bit curvier than her sister, and surlier - maybe the thinner, bubbly one is more what guys want? Who knows?

I'm guessing Briana's willingness to give it up on the first night might have something to do with it as well. 

• Love 14

Briana is basic-looking and has a 'date for homecoming,' random girl from high school who thinks she's really hot vibe. Brittany looks more artsy and unique. The kind of guys that Briana gets are the kind that like mediocrity, because they are also equally mediocre.

I think @BitterApple is onto something there too, though I don't know if it's just the sex (though that's totally part of it)--Briana whines and cries a lot to her friends but she's not going to ever actually demand that much from a guy. Brittany would. Maybe overly abrasively, but she would actually take the guy to court for CS or actually demand that he help with a kid, work, etc. Briana plays like she's like her sister (tough girl) but she's really more like her mom....all bark, no bite. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 15

I will feel no sympathy for javi whatsoever. He was dumb, bad at reading people, and a fame whore, and that got him Kail. If he gets with Briana, sorry, but he has not learned his lesson at all!!! This will prove that he is a million times more concerned with fame than anything else, which isn't smart. Who would put themselves in that position again after Kail?

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Briana is basic-looking and has a 'date for homecoming,' random girl from high school who thinks she's really hot vibe. Brittany looks more artsy and unique. The kind of guys that Briana gets are the kind that like mediocrity, because they are also equally mediocre.

I think @BitterApple is onto something there too, though I don't know if it's just the sex (though that's totally part of it)--Briana whines and cries a lot to her friends but she's not going to ever actually demand that much from a guy. Brittany would. Maybe overly abrasively, but she would actually take the guy to court for CS or actually demand that he help with a kid, work, etc. Briana plays like she's like her sister (tough girl) but she's really more like her mom....all bark, no bite. 

I think Briana and Brittany are both very attractive young women. But I do think Brittany would demand more from a guy- she would be a smart ass about it but she would demand an actual DATE, in a public place, for him to show up and treat her with respect. If he cheated he would be gone, and none of that childish "in going to put crickets in his apartment"(that was so ridiculous). I can see Brittany actually being a supportive partner to a guy she really loved, lots of snappy one liners but always in his corner. Although I think she's the type that's guarded with her real emotions. It's going to take a lot for her to be vulnerable.

If Briana found a decent guy who was into her I don't know what she would do.....I don't think that guy is Javi, but I think Briana falls clitoris first without thinking and then likes to cry later when the guy is an asshole. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12

Yes. He is still listed as active duty. You can search it and it will tell you.  I don't know about active duty but my husband works as a DoD civilian on an army base and he gets tons of time off.  Like someone else in here said before it accrues with each pay check  and then it's use it or lose it by the last day of the year. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I will feel no sympathy for javi whatsoever. He was dumb, bad at reading people, and a fame whore, and that got him Kail. If he gets with Briana, sorry, but he has not learned his lesson at all!!! This will prove that he is a million times more concerned with fame than anything else, which isn't smart. Who would put themselves in that position again after Kail?

100% agree. I won't feel bad for him at all anymore if he chooses to date Briana. True colors. If you're that much of a fame whore, sorry, I won't care anymore about your relationship problems. 

Personally, it might just be me, but I think Javi has a bit of a dark side. Jo seems to be "what you see is what you get." Kailyn lies a lot but her claim that Javi is different behind closed doors isn't one I necessarily totally disbelieve. It doesn't make it ok to act how she does, but I could believe that Javi, separate from her, does have some issues. I could be convinced he doesn't, but I could see it. 

& man, is it just me or do these people seem to go on a TON of vacations? 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5

Collectively, they do go on a lot of vacations with the exception of Javi and Chelsea. 

Javi was supposed to take the kids to Disneyworld when he got back home from overseas. I don't think he had the opportunity due to the drama he was facing when he got home. Now that he has time off, he likely decided this was the time to take them. That is sweet of him to take Isaac, too. Did Jo and Vee also go on the trip? If not, that is so damn awesome for Jo and Vee to let Isaac go with Javi to Florida. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Collectively, they do go on a lot of vacations with the exception of Javi and Chelsea. 

Javi was supposed to take the kids to Disneyworld when he got back home from overseas. I don't think he had the opportunity due to the drama he was facing when he got home. Now that he has time off, he likely decided this was the time to take them. That is sweet of him to take Isaac, too. Did Jo and Vee also go on the trip? If not, that is so damn awesome for Jo and Vee to let Isaac go with Javi to Florida. 

No I don't think Jo and Vee went on the trip. I think Jo knows despite Javi's faults that he does really love Issac.

Javi is a fame whore with a Capt Save a Ho complex. Briana feeds right into that; she's a pretty girl who has two kids and just needs to be shown that a guy can "treat her right" (in Javi's mind) . Unlike Kailyn I think she would be very pleasant to be around as long as you were paying attention to her. I'm sure Nova is having a good time on the trip as well.

Yes everyone besides Chelsea, Javi and Jo spend a significant amount of time on vacations. But since they have lots of income from the show and don't have jobs to report to I am not surprised. I am fortunate enough to have generous vacation time at work so I like to travel when I can- I fly 1-2 times per year and being an odd duck who's entire family lives within a 45min drive away when I travel it's for vacation. If I had their income I'd go more often. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

No I don't think Jo and Vee went on the trip. 

Yes everyone besides Chelsea, Javi and Jo spend a significant amount of time on vacations. But since they have lots of income from the show and don't have jobs to report to I am not surprised. I am fortunate enough to have generous vacation time at work so I like to travel when I can- I fly 1-2 times per year and being an odd duck who's entire family lives within a 45min drive away when I travel it's for vacation. If I had their income I'd go more often. 

I'd definitely travel a lot more than I do now if I had a six figure income. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

No I don't think Jo and Vee went on the trip. I think Jo knows despite Javi's faults that he does really love Issac.

Javi is a fame whore with a Capt Save a Ho complex. Briana feeds right into that; she's a pretty girl who has two kids and just needs to be shown that a guy can "treat her right" (in Javi's mind) . Unlike Kailyn I think she would be very pleasant to be around as long as you were paying attention to her. I'm sure Nova is having a good time on the trip as well.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Javi is a less sociopathic, actually loving version of David. He likes to save young mothers & their lambs with absent fathers. He was wrong about Jo but, I guess, believed Kail when she told him all of her (false) poor-little-woeful-me stories of Jo-the missing-daddy. If they're actually dating, Briana is the exact type he goes for-- beautiful, vulnerable, working-class woman, who has a spunky kid with a good for nothing dad. It's practically a romantic comedy, it's just that the stars are stupid and completely lacking in charisma. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 10

Javi has always struck me as a fame whore. For as much (deserved) shit as Kali gets for using Javie, I think Javie was using her too. In fact the only TM spouse that I thought was really not there at all for the camera was Cole. Even Vee I think was intinally impressed by the show. I think she loves Joe, but I'm not sure she would have given him a second look without the camera. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Javi has always struck me as a fame whore. For as much (deserved) shit as Kali gets for using Javie, I think Javie was using her too. In fact the only TM spouse that I thought was really not there at all for the camera was Cole. Even Vee I think was intinally impressed by the show. I think she loves Joe, but I'm not sure she would have given him a second look without the camera. 

Javi and his famewhore ways, compare that to Joe and Vee who are pretty low-key. They film their short scenes at their home, discuss whatever is happening regarding Isaac, which is usually what Kail is doing, and they just live their lives and keep busy with work. Jo has always been somewhat low-key, not revealing too much, not sharing a lot of what is really happening. I think the last interview I ever read that he gave was when he defended himself about the abuse claims lodged against him by Kail when she ended up putting a fake restraining order on him. Javi needs to be more like Jo and Vee and just not get all caught up with the drama by taking it outside of the show. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Javi and his famewhore ways, compare that to Joe and Vee who are pretty low-key. They film their short scenes at their home, discuss whatever is happening regarding Isaac, which is usually what Kail is doing, and they just live their lives and keep busy with work. Jo has always been somewhat low-key, not revealing too much, not sharing a lot of what is really happening. I think the last interview I ever read that he gave was when he defended himself about the abuse claims lodged against him by Kail when she ended up putting a fake restraining order on him. Javi needs to be more like Jo and Vee and just not get all caught up with the drama by taking it outside of the show. 

But then unemployed idiots wouldn't tweet to him about what a great guy he is :)

• Love 5
7 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I certainly think Javi was very attracted to Kailyn's "celebrity". TM2 wasn't the cash that it is now but people did know who she was and she had a social media following. They started dating the fourth season of the show (for some reason I thought it was earlier than that....but this show has been on a while), and married in two seconds. But I think Javi did love Kailyn and if the show disappeared he had every intention of being her husband and life partner with or without the benefits. 

I agree about Cole. TM2 or no TM2 I could see their relationship playing out the same way, although Chelsea having her own home and nest egg for Aubrey was a plus. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Agree with you there. Bri and Javi would probably make a good couple. Javi would fit in well with Bri's family. And having sex with strangers just something people in their early 20s do (her real problem wasn't the one night stand, it was having unprotected sex).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I certainly think Javi was very attracted to Kailyn's "celebrity". TM2 wasn't the cash that it is now but people did know who she was and she had a social media following. They started dating the fourth season of the show (for some reason I thought it was earlier than that....but this show has been on a while), and married in two seconds. But I think Javi did love Kailyn and if the show disappeared he had every intention of being her husband and life partner with or without the benefits. 

I agree. I think Javi can be a fameho, but I do think he was in love with Kail and his family and would've stuck around if Kail had wanted him still. If anything, I think the bigger part of him rushing into marriage had more to do with first love, (probably) his first full on sexual experience, and his white knight syndrome.

I think both Javi and Bri are somewhat vapid but pleasant enough people, so I match between them could work in the short-term if not the long-term.

. In fact the only TM spouse that I thought was really not there at all for the camera was Cole.

To be fair I definitely don't think Corey was there for the cameras. If anything, he has retreated the most of all the past and present spouses from the camera, other then Jeremy.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. Corey I think was genuinely at least in lust/intense crush-mode with Leah, but that was 16&P so if we're talking about just the people who came on since the show started, Cole seems the most genuine.

I don't know if I saw the 'love' others saw from Javi, but I definitely think he liked the idea of the happy family and didn't want to break it up, while she was very willing to do so. He never seemed particularly into Kailyn herself as an individual to me except at first in the infatuated stage. Which is something a lot of immature early 20 somethings do--rush in too quickly. He is addicted to the fame now, though, it seems. Some issues with his ego. For all of Kailyn's narcissism, he has a narcissistic/codependent side too. The 'savior' complex goes along with that.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 4

I think Javi is a famewhore and a bit of a turd (egged on in treating Jo poorly because of Kailyn, some low-key misogyny, & possesiveness...but a lot of that had to do with immaturity, I think). BUT I think Javi did generally care for Kail and I think truly loved (and still loves) Isaac. Kind of like in Jerry Maguire, when Renee Zellweger's character says to and about Jerry that "I've got this great guy who loves my kid -- and he sure does like me a lot." That was Javi...he loved Isaac and was bonded to him and cared about Kail. And he's also a major famewhore on top of that. 

(One of the few scenes of any TM franchise where I cried happy tears was when they were getting ready for Kail & Javi's aquarium wedding and Javi wrote his name on the bottom of Isaac's shoe (or vis-versa, I forget) a la Andy & Woody in Toy Story (Isaac was super into that movie then). These chicks get with so many loser guys that don't care about their kids and I knew then Javi was an exception. He clearly loves Isaac and Isaac clearly loves him.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I agree. I think Javi can be a fameho, but I do think he was in love with Kail and his family and would've stuck around if Kail had wanted him still. If anything, I think the bigger part of him rushing into marriage had more to do with first love, (probably) his first full on sexual experience, and his white knight syndrome.

I think both Javi and Bri are somewhat vapid but pleasant enough people, so I match between them could work in the short-term if not the long-term.

To be fair I definitely don't think Corey was there for the cameras. If anything, he has retreated the most of all the past and present spouses from the camera, other then Jeremy.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I talked about TM SOs being fame whores, I was speaking specifically about the people they have dated since the show and not the people they were involved with when they were first chosen for 16&P. That's obviously a different story since all of those relationships started pre-show. To break down TM2 specifically(and only about relationships on the show) from most to least ridiculous:

Janelle: Where do I start? All of them and mostly for the money to fund drug habits. I think Nathan liked the celebrity best and Kiefer probably liked Janelle best, but she was a payday for all of them.

Briana: Bless her heart. Louis 100% knew who she was during Ovulation Night at da club.

Javi: What can you say, water finds its level. Fame whores got to get together to make little baby fame whores.

Leah: Jeremy I think loved being a local celebrity and never would have been with Leah without it.

Vee: I think she loves Joe and got tired of the celebrity aspect real quick, but I don't think they would have had a first date without it.

Miranda: see Vee

Cole: I really do think he loves Chelsea in spite of the show, not because of it. I'm sure he's grateful for the extra money, but I really don't think it had anything to do with why he's there.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Vee: I think she loves Joe and got tired of the celebrity aspect real quick, but I don't think they would have had a first date without it.

Miranda: see Vee

I'm going to have to disagree slightly with Vee and very much so with Miranda. Vee never struck me as chasing after the cameras. And to be quite blunt, with her good looks, she could've found a much bigger fish if she wanted to then Jo. Possibly because of her modeling and video girl aspirations at the time, it was a slight factor, but she stuck around for something else.

Miranda, I have never gotten any impression that she Corey's 'fame' was what peaked her interest. Vee you could make a case, since she was 'modeling' at the time and she was on camera from the very beginning of the relationship, but Miranda was a cop and didn't even come on camera until after they had married. To be blunt with Miranda as well, a pretty girl like her even in that part of bum fuck Egypt, could find someone much higher on the totem pole with a whole lot less baggage then Corey. I think she's been in it for him since the beginning, much like Cole.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I'm going to have to disagree slightly with Vee and very much so with Miranda. Vee never struck me as chasing after the cameras. And to be quite blunt, with her good looks, she could've found a much bigger fish if she wanted to then Jo. Possibly because of her modeling and video girl aspirations at the time, it was a slight factor, but she stuck around for something else.

Miranda, I have never gotten any impression that she Corey's 'fame' was what peaked her interest. Vee you could make a case, since she was 'modeling' at the time and she was on camera from the very beginning of the relationship, but Miranda was a cop and didn't even come on camera until after they had married. To be blunt with Miranda as well, a pretty girl like her even in that part of bum fuck Egypt, could find someone much higher on the totem pole with a whole lot less baggage then Corey. I think she's been in it for him since the beginning, much like Cole.

Word to all of this. 

• Love 6

I don't know about you guys, but something is not right with the Luis-Brianna story. Are these people brain dead? On the one hand, Luis seems he is more to blame than Brianna for letting this thing run for so long. Why didn't he go for the escape route?? He should have paid for the abortion, or in the worst case, allowed the adoption. I mean the dude already got another chick knocked up and has a baby which he doesn't see anymore but probably is on the hook for child support. If that happened to me it would be burned into my memory - don't get another chick pregnant! 

I dunno, maybe Brianna was one of those 'I don't believe in abortions' and went the trap baby route trying to get him to stay with her. You'd think he'd already be familiar with that trap. On top of that, the dum-dum fools around with another chick at the same time - he's lucky he didn't get her pregnant either. Why is he so committed to Brianna's baby if he never was into her that much, since he fooled around? I don't get it. 

Finally, how does a loser like that without a job get so much tail?   Had I only known women had low standards as a teenager...

Do any of the women here find Luis good looking enough for a one night stand???  Is it just his height or what? 

And Javi - dating Brianna? Dude you erased everyone's goodwill now. Total fame whore that guy.

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

I don't know about you guys, but something is not right with the Luis-Brianna story. Are these people brain dead? On the one hand, Luis seems he is more to blame than Brianna for letting this thing run for so long. Why didn't he go for the escape route?? He should have paid for the abortion, or in the worst case, allowed the adoption. I mean the dude already got another chick knocked up and has a baby which he doesn't see anymore but probably is on the hook for child support. If that happened to me it would be burned into my memory - don't get another chick pregnant! 

I dunno, maybe Brianna was one of those 'I don't believe in abortions' and went the trap baby route trying to get him to stay with her. You'd think he'd already be familiar with that trap. On top of that, the dum-dum fools around with another chick at the same time - he's lucky he didn't get her pregnant either. Why is he so committed to Brianna's baby if he never was into her that much, since he fooled around? I don't get it. 

Finally, how does a loser like that without a job get so much tail?   Had I only known women had low standards as a teenager...

Do any of the women here find Luis good looking enough for a one night stand???  Is it just his height or what? 

And Javi - dating Brianna? Dude you erased everyone's goodwill now. Total fame whore that guy.

I think Luis is like a lot of these irresponsible young guys- they don't think to use protection because having a baby doesn't change their life that much (if at all). Yes they may be on the hook for child support- IF they have a regular 9-5 job where payroll will garnish their wages. Luis probably wasn't working a steady job and the mother of his first child might not be getting any sort of regular support. Guys like Luis think to their next orgasm and no further.

One does not have to be attractive for a one nightstand. Yes very attractive men have more opportunities for one night stands than average men, but almost anyone who's willing to go to the club (or a similar establishment) can find a one night stand. Luis isn't ugly, he's a lack luster person, and on a purely physical level Briana is better looking but he's not so repulsive I wonder how he gets laid. There are lots of people who just want to hook up, most of them don't conceive kids with all of their Saturday night adventures though. 

I think a lot of weak ass men in Luis' position (not putting the situation all on men, it takes two but I'm speaking of the person without the uterus here), that it LOOKS so bad to say "you were just a random, I don't want a baby with you, here's $500", they don't want to be THAT GUY, so they lie and delude themselves but never actually contribute or participate because they didn't want to in the first place. Biologically and socially women are stuck with most of the responsibility and these types know that so they wax poetic about all the things they know they won't do. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Yeah I agree about Miranda. When she and Corey first got together TM2 was on hiatus and no one knew if they were coming back. Miranda was a young pretty girl with NO KIDS and no ex-husbands. Corey is a nice guy, but he had an ex and TWO kids (granted they were twins), one with special needs caused by an inheritable condition- if Miranda wasn't 100% driven by emotions she wouldn't have given Corey a 3rd date. 

I think when Vee got with Jo she had no idea TM2 was going to be as big as it was. His celebrity and rap hobby may have been a conversation starter but I think she liked him as a person from the start. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Why bother? She'll just be pregnant again in a year.

I don't think so. I mean perhaps because it would give her a storyline but there are 5 years between Nova and Stella....now if Javi fulfills her fantasies of Prince Charming and proposes she would be pregnant in a heart beat (I don't think Javi will propose though but I'd rather be married to Briana than Kailyn). 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't think so. I mean perhaps because it would give her a storyline but there are 5 years between Nova and Stella....now if Javi fulfills her fantasies of Prince Charming and proposes she would be pregnant in a heart beat (I don't think Javi will propose though but I'd rather be married to Briana than Kailyn). 

On the other hand, there's only 1 Kail...you gotta deal with the entire Coven if you get with Briana.

• Love 8