Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Tracey's Story

• Start Topic

You're in a new city, no job, what exactly are these things you 'have to do'? 

I stand corrected...I guess he does work lol. I think he might be one the first who've moved there temporarily and started working. Although he is still being a jerk bag about the appts. 

Edited by Awfarmington
Edited to correct
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Azubah said:

I understand what you're saying, @okerry, but really she needs antibiotics. Low-carb can't cure everything.

oh, definitely. Not alone. But high-protein, low-carb is a tremendous help, whereas mass quantities of carbs are entirely defeating the purpose and making things far worse.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

You're in a new city, no job, what exactly are these things you 'have to do'? 

Thank you Awfarmington, exactly what I was going to say. Oh, she just said he was at work. Still, he is acting like an asshole.

• Love 4

My husband pulled a shotgun on me once when he was drunk. I kicked him out and he got sober. After that we had many wonderful years and 2 children until he died of cancer when he was 42. But... not on topic. Sorry. I figured inquiring minds want to know. Lol you did ask after All!

• Love 20

She probably IS on antibiotics. If it isn't draining, the treatment for cellulitis is in pill form. At least it is in my experience, which isn't personal, just another family member who has had it quite a few times.

• Love 4

I'm giving Anthony some serious side-eye now, although I am glad that he's working. Good on Tracey for getting more mobile! I'm really happy to see how (relatively) well she's moving and how proud she is of herself. Plus, I think I'll try the dark cocoa and greek yogurt tip. That sounds yummy!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, SkinnyMinnie said:

I always wondered why Dr. Now doesn't let the patients eat fruit. I thought fruit was good for losing weight. I never see any of the patients eat any.

Fruit is basically worthless when it comes to weight loss. High sugar, high carb. It's better than eating a candy bar of course but still not great.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, SkinnyMinnie said:

I always wondered why Dr. Now doesn't let the patients eat fruit. I thought fruit was good for losing weight. I never see any of the patients eat any.

I think it's because he's doing VERY lo-carb/sugar and fruit (while a 'good' carb so to speak) is a lot of sugar (some fruits more than others). I think Atkins starts off with no fruit as well. Kinda go "cold turkey" then at some point Atkins adds some fruits back into the diet. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, SkinnyMinnie said:

Because fruit is actually full of simple sugars (simple carbs.) That's why diabetics are told to drink orange juice if they feel like their blood sugar is dropping too low. It's as good as candy for raising blood sugar.

• Love 3
Just now, Suzy123 said:

Watching this makes me determined to go back on my diet ?

Whew, I thought I was the only one having thoughts like that.  She's 3 yrs younger than I am.  Our hair is the same color and now I'm paranoid about my legs.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

I wonder if they're going to wind up doing weight-loss surgery at all.

It sounded like he said that with the removal of the tissue, she would be at near her goal weight and wouldn't need the weight loss surgery.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Awfarmington said:

But it was the mattress. 

Maybe she can tell him what kind of mattress the hotel there has and he can get one of those. Then *BOOM* he'll be a shredded Brad Pitt look alike. Cuz it's all about the fried and the mattress. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I'm giving Anthony some serious side-eye now, although I am glad that he's working. Good on Tracey for getting more mobile! I'm really happy to see how (relatively) well she's moving and how proud she is of herself. Plus, I think I'll try the dark cocoa and greek yogurt tip. That sounds yummy!

I had a variation of that for breakfast yesterday (I eat low carb). Sweetened sour cream with cocoa and coconut. Fatty and indulgent.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Christina said:

Yep, he's trying to sabotage her now.

Yeah, I thought that. But I also thought this - unlike a lot of these caretakers, he's working. I'm pretty sure he's not doing brain surgery, and whatever work he's doing may be physical. Even if it's not, anybody can have a bad job that makes them less than likable when they come home. So, he's working all day and coming home to doing a lot for Tracey, who's been home all day, and he's tired.  I dig it.

I just saw the part where Dr Now approved her for skin surgery. Anthony seemed pleased for her. I'm gonna cut him some slack right now. We'll see what he's like by the end of the show.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

I think it's because he's doing VERY lo-carb/sugar and fruit (while a 'good' carb so to speak) is a lot of sugar (some fruits more than others). I think Atkins starts off with no fruit as well. Kinda go "cold turkey" then at some point Atkins adds some fruits back into the diet. 

Agreed. I'm doing a keto way of eating now. But previous I was doing a lot of fruit smoothies, whole wheat bread, etc thinking I was eating well. The weight just wasn't budging, so I gave up and started eating crapola again. It was actually my elderly mother who told me about the Adkins/keto diet. I don't have a lot to lose (30lbs total) and already lost 15plus.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

Whew, I thought I was the only one having thoughts like that.  She's 3 yrs younger than I am.  Our hair is the same color and now I'm paranoid about my legs.

I was looking at my legs the whole time I watched this. I do the South Beach Diet and I feel great when I am on it.

• Love 3

I'm gonna cut him some slack right now.

Me too.  Maybe he's practicing some tough love after seeing what happens when the caregivers allow them to do nothing but lay around and eat. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

It's also really good in ricotta.

Really? I just happen to have a tub of ricotta for a random recipe that I didn't like that much. Awesome! Thanks Azubah!

Oh wonderful, Dr. Now just said he is doing surgeries on her lymphademas!!! Also said she is doing so well she won't need weight loss surgery. Is this a first? Interested to see how much those damn things weigh.

He said earlier on that they probably weighed 300 pounds. If they're still anything close to that she'll be pretty close to normal weight once they're removed. 

• Love 3

I bought a bag of frozen monster cookie dough from Schwanns today and I am going on a diet after I finish them I promise. I'm going to start on my elliptical (which has been collecting dust) again too! 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

This is really one of the very, VERY few patients I've actually wished I had an address to send encouraging cards to to try and give them additional moral support. Go Tracey!! You can do it!!! 

Maybe she's on FB....can't recall her last name though..

• Love 2

Loved, loved, loved that she said she was just trying to hold back the tears because of the pain of walking after surgery and then the worst thing she said was "Oh my God!" So much better than "Ow, Mah Layg!" Are you watching James K, you whiney, wussy, man-baby!?

• Love 20