Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Whitney Calls in Backup

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Wait! Brooklyn is out? Detroitnista has no ring at all to it.

There, there Brooklynista. Anyone who isn't hip enough to get that Brooklyn can never be out, doesn't deserve Brooklyn in the first place. Signed, Ketzel, proudly born and brought up on Flatbush Avenue. :)

• Love 2

I fucking LOVED that movie Lords of Flatbush in the 70's (?)    Sly Stallone, yas, yas, yas,  but I lusted after Perry King.  

I saw it several times,  cuz this was the 70's and no vtapes yet. I think I'll wander on over to Amazon and see if I can get it.   

Flatbush ruled! ( And I was in Nebraska).  Loved those bad boys. 

Edited by Tosia
Autocorrect.
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Funny you should mention this because it's been occurring to me that, assuming the "dance competition" and its fall-out takes us through the season finale, we won't have seen a single authentic aspect of Whitney's life this entire season.

We went from the fake pregnancy "scare" (which I'm convinced was a, at best, a re-enactment), to the Roy "flirking" storyline, to the phony is-she-or-isn't-Whitney-a-lesbian storyline, to the Dance-Off. 

At this rate, if Whitney wants another season she's going to have to start buying stories from Kramer.

This is the only reality show I've ever watched where literally nothing came from real life.  Usually a lot of the content is over-exaggerated or invented, but something comes from the subject's relationships/work/health/whatever.  But none of the storylines would be taking place if she weren't on tv.

• Love 5

I wondered what the ratings were for this episode, so I went to ShowBuzzDaily. MBFFL ranked 37 out of 50 cable channel shows that evening, with 664,000 viewers and a 0.24 share.

Jeeves reported that the previous episode brought in 897,000 viewers with a 0.26 share, so her numbers are going down significantly, week to week.

I know cheesy cable shows are not expected to draw huge numbers, but shouldn't a show at least break a million viewers to be viable? Why would advertisers be interested in MBFFL at these numbers?

I know cheesy cable shows are not expected to draw huge numbers, but shouldn't a show at least break a million viewers to be viable? Why would advertisers be interested in MBFFL at these numbers?

Have you ever noticed how the majority of ads on each commercial break are for other TLC shows?  

I don't think it costs them a ton to produce this show.  And, as we saw earlier this week, it gives them fodder to fill up an entire Monday night's primetime programming when they have nothing else to air.

• Love 2
On 3/10/2017 at 1:41 PM, M.F. Luder said:

The point of her posting it is BECAUSE she is not sexy. She gets all of her supporters to say "hell yeah! show 'em what big girls can do!", and gets the haters saying she should cover up or be a better role model to young girls. Either way, she gets to further exploit her victim narrative about how oppressive it is to be a woman who doesn't conform to traditional beauty standards. If she were actually sexy and posted that, she would be 1 of millions of instagram girls trying to make money off her looks, and would most likely never achieve the level of fame and success that she has now. That's why she doesn't want to lose weight. At least not now. When this show is over, I won't be surprised if she gets gastric bypass and extends her fame a little longer by doing a "Where Are They Now?" type special.

It's funny how she's trying to end body shaming, but her fame and income depends on its continuation. I'm not hating on her for it, because it would continue with or without her, so she might as well make some money off of it. But I wish she would be a little more genuine about it. Go help people that body shaming actually hurts: young kids. Middle-aged women have either found a way to enjoy life despite what society thinks about their body, or they haven't and likely never will. Whitney's "activism" through her dance class is a joke that she's trying to push as being a contributing factor in the next big civil rights; movement. Puh-lease. 

It's already being done this season on WE channel with Honey Boo Boo's "Mama June" Shannon.

• Love 1
On 3/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, CouchTater said:

Actually, that caller should have left that message for Whitney. Jiya was apparently just being Jiya. Whitney sought out Jiya and brought her into their group. Whitney subjected her "girls" to Jiya's abrasive style. Is Jiya supposed to change because she's on a tv show?

I think Whit gets her share of 'hate'; it's just well edited unless useful for herself.

No one deserves it; it's just par for the course with reality TV unfortunately, & not really unexpected especially if someone's going to play the 'bad guy' - & for Whit's tried & true fans, Jiya is playing 'bad guy'.

5 hours ago, Dot said:

I wondered what the ratings were for this episode, so I went to ShowBuzzDaily. MBFFL ranked 37 out of 50 cable channel shows that evening, with 664,000 viewers and a 0.24 share.

Jeeves reported that the previous episode brought in 897,000 viewers with a 0.26 share, so her numbers are going down significantly, week to week.

Pretty sure Whit's 15 minutes are winding down.

• Love 4
On 3/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, ClareWalks said:

Not sure about that video but I know she tends to do lots of videos and selfies from a high angle which makes her look thinner, so clearly she is not as thrilled with her size as she claims she is!

Four years ago, at 216 pounds at 5'4", I decided it was time to take control. I'm older than Whitney, but my weight and sedentary lifestyle had wreaked havoc with my health. I was on blood-pressure and cholesterol meds and was pre-diabetic. I got winded climbing a flight of stairs. I was arthritic and I was a bitch because I hated being uncomfortable and borderline-sick all the time.

So I call bullshit on EVERYTHING she says about being healthy and in shape. She's not. Period. And the only reason she hasn't experienced many adverse issues related to her weight is because she's still pretty young.

Losing weight is hard, and keeping it off is harder. I feel her hatred for tuna packets. Some days, I want to say "fuck it" and eat like I used to. And I take things day by day, because addiction is addiction and I can see how a person could become that large. But it irritates me to no end that she tries so hard to justify a lifestyle that she wants to maintain simply because she's not yet ready to do the work she'd need to do to change.

• Love 18
On 3/10/2017 at 3:07 PM, AmyB said:

Ok I may be imaging things now but Twit posted this video on instragam and it does appear she has lost weight. Anyone else think so? If she has then good for her, she may acually be taking the lose weight advice seriously finally!  

I actually found myself seriously questioning if it was possible to photoshop (or videoshop, I guess) a video. Her torso doesn't seem to naturally connected to her lower half. Or maybe she's developing the butt wings from My 600 pound Life or huge saddle bags. I don't see anything in the video that makes me think she's made progress though.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, MegD said:

Or maybe she's developing the butt wings from My 600 pound Life

Oh good God almighty, I remember those! If anyone is a candidate for growing them, it's Whit. She'll probably make videos of herself jiggling them in what I'm sure she thinks is a sexy manner.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Dot said:
2 hours ago, aliya said:

What the heck kind of name is Henchi?

Probably means something in Korean. Isn't that where she got Henchi?

According to her book, the cat's name is actually Henry-Kimchi. which she called "a nod to Korean cuisine"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MegD said:

According to her book, the cat's name is actually Henry-Kimchi. which she called "a nod to Korean cuisine"

Woe is Kimchi if some day Twit runs out of snacks.

• Love 9

That is some video -- and Whit wonders why she can't get & keep a man. 

I agree with the poster who said Whit's upper arm looks like the size of a ham. I have noticed it on her as well as the 600 lb gals as well. What is it with the ginormous size?   I am a 200+ lb size woman & her upper arms look like my thighs. This seems to be the area where a lot of the 600 lb women want skin removal surgery done & I can see why.  I'm not fat shaming, I  just wonder why the fat seems to deposit there &  it seems like it is mostly on women not men. This is also why I question the size of the clothing these larger women claim to wear (incl Whit.)  There is no way they could fit in a 2X or 3X size with upper arms as large as theirs.

• Love 1

I weigh a lot less than Whitney and most of my excess weight is in my upper arms (which even when I was at my thinnest were out of proportion), my lower abdomen and thighs. The only reason that my upper torso isn't larger is because I'd had a breast reduction in my early 20s (I went from a 42FFF to a 38D). If I were to gain another 150lbs, I suspect that my body wouldn't be all that different from Whitney's (which is all the more reason for me to fight to lose weight). Everyone carries fat differently.

And yes, my arms do make wearing some things difficult. I hate cap sleeves with a passion (because all they do is highlight my upper arms) and I tend to stick with materials like a stretch knit or cotton blend with a little bit of stretch so everything fits nicely. It's not really Whitney's arms that would make finding shirts that fit so problematic - it's her belly which is much bigger than her upper torso.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 4

I'm not sure why the upper arms are such a fat magnet area for women, but it's definitely true that it can be a trouble spot. Women have different areas that gain fat quicker or lose fat last. I think Whitney's problem is she is SO fat that there's really nowhere else for it to go. Her hips have so much fat on them that a 60" tape measure doesn't even fit around her. I look at when I was 9 months pregnant and very lean going into that situation, my belly got up to 4 feet around. Whitney is WAY bigger around than that, and I was enormous, LOL. Whitney has fat arms because she really has fat EVERYTHING. There is nothing on her where you look at it and you're like "wow, that body part is fairly thin for her general size."

• Love 2

So going back and watching the first season. She has now said three times within the first 10 mins of the first episode she needs to lose weight.  So to all those fans saying that was not the premise of the show, I am recording that and posting it in response cuz she said it several times. 

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 4

Actually she's small-chested for a large woman, and there is a hint of a waist below her breasts.  She hasn't quite graduated to the numerous michelin-man rolls from the chest down. But she's headed in that direction.

7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

That is some video -- and Whit wonders why she can't get & keep a man. 

I agree with the poster who said Whit's upper arm looks like the size of a ham. I have noticed it on her as well as the 600 lb gals as well. What is it with the ginormous size?   I am a 200+ lb size woman & her upper arms look like my thighs. This seems to be the area where a lot of the 600 lb women want skin removal surgery done & I can see why.  I'm not fat shaming, I  just wonder why the fat seems to deposit there &  it seems like it is mostly on women not men. This is also why I question the size of the clothing these larger women claim to wear (incl Whit.)  There is no way they could fit in a 2X or 3X size with upper arms as large as theirs.

I've noticed that even relatively thin women can get extra fat deposits on their arms (especially as they get older). Maybe it's an area that isn't easy to tone up for most people and that's why it's the first to show extreme weight fluctuations?(like on my 600lbs life). 

6 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Actually she's small-chested for a large woman, and there is a hint of a waist below her breasts.  She hasn't quite graduated to the numerous michelin-man rolls from the chest down. But she's headed in that direction.

I mean parish the thought of her naked but I am pretty sure she has a giant panniculus that is distorting her visible body shape through the clothing that she wears.

Whitney has no waist, she has a smaller section between her fat, what you are describing of her waist is like a foot and a half from where her actual waist is covered in literally feet of fat.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, John M said:

I mean parish the thought of her naked but I am pretty sure she has a giant panniculus that is distorting her visible body shape through the clothing that she wears.

Whitney has no waist, she has a smaller section between her fat, what you are describing of her waist is like a foot and a half from where her actual waist is covered in literally feet of fat.

And that panniculous ( my doc calls it a panus) will surely become more & more obvious if she actually loses weight. At her age of 32, I don't think her skin has the elasticity to snap back, so she is looking forward to skin removal surgery. (Also on the ham-sized upper arms which will become bat wings.)

Remember the former fat guy Twit met in LA? He's a portend of what she's gonna look like in a couple of years. (Which is not to say she shouldn't lose the weight. Better to have folds of loose skin than fat.)

On 3/7/2017 at 11:07 PM, Dot said:

Exactly what I thought. I guess it's all a part of the fiction that Twit is not eating food that's fattening, therefore she couldn't possibly know about a BBQ joint.

Here's the thing though... even if she DIDN'T have one - maybe she's not a BBQ fan (I know... not bloody likely but work with me)... say she isn't a big BBQ fan but she lives in an area where BBQ is a "thing" and something that would be appealing to a tourist/visitor. She has promised said tourist/visitor a taste of the local flavour... what to do? Well, she should get off her enormous a$$ and FIND the best BBQ in town/the area and try it before said tourist/visitor arrives so as to make sure said location is all it's cracked up to be. But you know... Twit is SOOOO busy... she probably just didn't have time. Her life is just too fabulous. 

• Love 4
On 3/9/2017 at 1:53 AM, Dot said:

Anyone else notice that neither Caitie nor the skinny teen were around for the dance battle practice? I think a number of others were missing, too. Was Heather there?

Well, she got all shame-y on the one woman who expressed her desire not to participate when Twit first announced it to the class and practically begged the student to stay. Then there was another scene later in the ep where her phone rings (or she gets a text notification) and she says something like "oh no - I hope that's not another student dropping out". So I wonder how many of the class really did (or tried to/wanted to) opt not to participate. 

• Love 2
On 3/9/2017 at 4:11 PM, John M said:

Right, the Whitney is an idiot option and repeatedly referred to Jenzi as a woman when he does not identify as a woman.

The "Whitney is an idiot" option applies in almost any situation so... ... ... I'd say it's a good one regardless of how Jenzi identifies or doesn't. :) 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Well, she got all shame-y on the one woman who expressed her desire not to participate when Twit first announced it to the class and practically begged the student to stay. Then there was another scene later in the ep where her phone rings (or she gets a text notification) and she says something like "oh no - I hope that's not another student dropping out". So I wonder how many of the class really did (or tried to/wanted to) opt not to participate. 

I'm wondering if people signed up for her class 1) thinking it might be a good thing to work out with other large women and 2) looking for their 15 minutes and seeing what all this TV stuff is about. I don't think they signed up to do crappy dance routines in public...at the last minute...with no practice.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, aliya said:

I'm wondering if people signed up for her class 1) thinking it might be a good thing to work out with other large women and 2) looking for their 15 minutes and seeing what all this TV stuff is about. I don't think they signed up to do crappy dance routines in public...at the last minute...with no practice.

They had time to practice, Twit decided to wait until the last minute to get something together.  I hate to say this but I do feel somewhat stalkerish but I also pay attention to stuff. Jiya posted back around Sept 24 that her TWF was on a secret mission so there was at least 1 month to prepare for this so called battle.  Which also ironically is the same day that Twit posted a pic with todd and tal and she had that black lipstick on too.... could that have been the same day as when they joined the TWF class??? We all know this is highly staged so I really wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by AmyB
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, aliya said:

With embarrassingly crappy costumes. Those things Twit chose for the St Pat's parade & the folk festival were just awful & ripe for negative comments from the audience. I can't quite recall the Grasshoppers show costumes, but I have a vague sense of thinking at the time that they could have made more of an effort.

4 hours ago, AmyB said:

They had time to practice, Twit decided to wait until the last minute to get something together.  I hate to say this but I do feel somewhat stalkerish but I also pay attention to stuff. Jiya posted back around Sept 24 that her TWF was on a secret mission so there was at least 1 month to prepare for this so called battle.  Which also ironically is the same day that Twit posted a pic with todd and tal and she had that black lipstick on too.... could that have been the same day as when they joined the TWF class??? We all know this is highly staged so I really wouldn't be surprised. 

Stalk away, AmyB! I really appreciate the background info you & a couple of others provide.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Dot said:

Stalk away, AmyB! I really appreciate the background info you & a couple of others provide.

Ok so i got bored at lunch lol. The top selfie picture is the one Twit posted to social media on 9/24 saying rolling up to the third day of fall or something like that and others are screen shots from the episode where they go to Jiya's class. Totally the same outfits, shades and all.  

RenderedContent-68B1C48E-B560-400A-A687-FA9A4DC89F55.JPG

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AmyB said:

Ok so i got bored at lunch lol. The top selfie picture is the one Twit posted to social media on 9/24 saying rolling up to the third day of fall or something like that and others are screen shots from the episode where they go to Jiya's class. Totally the same outfits, shades and all.  

RenderedContent-68B1C48E-B560-400A-A687-FA9A4DC89F55.JPG

Just a reminder that Todd is there and lives in NYC, is a professional server according to Whit and does not appear to come from family money despite some suggestion that his family is associated with the broadcasting company so it is a safe assumption that if he is spending much time hanging out with Whit that isn't say Thanksgiving or Christmas that TLC is flying him there to work and not just a spontaneous trip to hang out with her.

Edited by John M
  • Love 1

I saw this post this morning. Whitney commented on a post on Kinfolk Kolective all cuz someone mentioned her and the show lol. She wasn't even tagged or specificly named, just called that chick. She can't resist can she. I think she scours the internet for these types of posts just so she can comment and feel validated or something.   

IMG_3704.PNG

• Love 2

So Whiney felt the need to post on a site for Black bloggers because someone posted that he/she didn't think her life was so fabulous. No mention was made of her weight or insults that she's a pig or a whale. Just a statement that the commercials irritate the poster and someone else commenting that they didn't see anything fabulous about her. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel over something to get offended about.

People don't have to like you or be impressed by your epic "struggles" to do things that pretty much everyone else does on a daily basis. I wake up every morning and go to a stressful job (except for today because of the stupid blizzard). I exercise and try to live a healthy life and socialize and have an active love life. I travel and do things that I love and hang out with friends being silly. There isn't anything that Whitney does that's so noteworthy. Am I supposed to be impressed that she barely scrapes by as an adult just because she's fat? Sorry... my bar for being impressed is a lot higher than that. I suppose that makes me a "hater".

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

So Whiney felt the need to post on a site for Black bloggers because someone posted that he/she didn't think her life was so fabulous. No mention was made of her weight or insults that she's a pig or a whale. Just a statement that the commercials irritate the poster and someone else commenting that they didn't see anything fabulous about her. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel over something to get offended about.

People don't have to like you or be impressed by your epic "struggles" to do things that pretty much everyone else does on a daily basis. I wake up every morning and go to a stressful job (except for today because of the stupid blizzard). I exercise and try to live a healthy life and socialize and have an active love life. I travel and do things that I love and hang out with friends being silly. There isn't anything that Whitney does that's so noteworthy. Am I supposed to be impressed that she barely scrapes by as an adult just because she's fat? Sorry... my bar for being impressed is a lot higher than that. I suppose that makes me a "hater".

And I'll hang out with you, because I must be a "hater" as well.  My life is waaaaaaaaaay more fabulous than anything I've ever seen regarding Twit's life.  If there were to be truth in advertising, her show would be called "My Big, Fat, Pathetic Life", because it's just that sad.  Thankfully we here all know that what we see on the tv is her Big, Fat, Fabulous Fake Life.

• Love 3

I'm guessing she's got a Google Alert, or something similar set up to ping her anytime her name or the show name is mentioned anywhere online.  

She's a pure narcissist.  

But, I guess it explains why she's so busy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Whoever told her that the black lipstick looks good on her is totally trolling her. She looks like my nephew after he's gone to town on a plate of Oreos.

Maybe it wasn't lipstick after all. Maybe she went to town on a plate of Oreos! ;)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, momofsquid said:

Oh no, poor Whitney! It must be so difficult for her to be inconvenienced by some selfish person's injury.

How DARE Todd get hurt and thereby give Twit a plausible excuse for losing the dance battle!  Heh,

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tosia said:

So is a Big Girl Dance Class -- not Todd and Tal and Heather and skinny tween class, right, that's vying with Jenzi's class?  

Deflection is Twit's forte. 

Her front line does seem to be  quite the opposite of Big Girl doesn't it?

• Love 2

Watching the "super fabulous" cut now... and... well... I had to laugh when even Jenzi is looking at Twit like "you have NO idea what you're doing". 

And is it me or is that necklace Twit has on at the BBQ place one of those twist-bead necklaces that were popular back in the 80s? Where you'd buy a bunch of strands of beads and kinda make your own necklace and you could change up the colour combinations? Nevermind. Why am I even watching this again??? 

• Love 3