Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Is a Shark Good or Bad?

Ezra, Richard and Jules close in on Maddie, and enjoy their con-artist lifestyle in the process. Meanwhile, Lenny Cohen (Uma Thurman) cleans up Sally's mess, and the Doctor gives Maddie a new assignment.

Wow, that escalated quickly. I didn't expect the exes to find Maddie so fast. It's implausible that they found her easily in a place as large as Seattle, but hey, it's not like this show is realistic. 

Damn, I feel bad for poor Sally. Max, that was cold. But Lenny had a point, better to be sad than dead. 

Still loving this show. The end of every episode leaves me interested to find out what will happen next.

• Love 6

I was watching this and The Americans so I missed some parts and will have to rewatch it.  

Does the fact that she still had Ezra's anklet on and looked so wistfully at it mean that maybe she had real feelings for him???  

• Love 3

I'm loving the fast pace of this show but even I was shocked that they found her already. I'd have given it one more episode before they tracked her down.

Seriously obsessed with this show. Not great by any means but way better than it has any right to be. I was actually smiling during the mall theft montage tonight.

Not sure where this show is going. I'm guessing they'll all end up as Imposters if this show gets another season. But I'm really not sure and I like not knowing.

• Love 4

Getting obsessed too--got two of my siblings and today my hairdresser to watch so far. 

So happy Jules figured out ahead of time that all 3 of them were still super susceptible to Maddie's charms and needed to have a plan. Or code as they call it; whatever they call it we know they will fail to observe it.

Which will be half the fun. 

Patrick may not be who he seems but he has a gentleness none of the others do, so hope he doesn't end up dead. Not even a little dead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Things are moving along!  Poor Sally.  I'm still suspicious of Patrick for no other reason than he seems too good to be true!  And while this show is fun and meant to be realistic, I still have a nit pick...the Doctor wants to make Patrick the new mark now b/c he's rich and already falling for Maddie.  But realistically, would a gang of con artists with a botched scheme and a dead body in their wake really stick around the same location to target somebody who has actually met the dead guy?

I liked all the con moves the trio used to finance their way to Seattle.  Pretty smooth for 3 people who were innocent shlubs a few weeks ago.

I'm too lazy to go back to Ep 1, but did they ever explain how Richard found Ezra?  How did he track down Maddie to Ez's house?  I can't remember if it was explained. 

• Love 5

Saffron was the one who told Sally to leave after the crime.  If she had not done that, Sally would be alive today.  It was not killing the mark that got her killed- according to Lenny, she was only in trouble if she ran.   Not sure if I can trust Lenny's assurances, though.  Saffron should have come clean but guess there is no honor among thieves.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, mochamajesty said:

Saffron was the one who told Sally to leave after the crime.  If she had not done that, Sally would be alive today.  It was not killing the mark that got her killed- according to Lenny, she was only in trouble if she ran.   Not sure if I can trust Lenny's assurances, though.  Saffron should have come clean but guess there is no honor among thieves.

I think Sally was planning to run, regardless of what Maddie said. My interpretation was that Maddie showed up shortly after Heller was killed. Sally had the money and was ready to run, but she hid (ineffectively) when she heard Maddie arrive. Maddie telling her to go was just Maddie letting Sally know that she'd pretend she hadn't seen Sally, so Sally could continue with her escape plan. It was clear from this week's episode that Sally hadn't reported to her bosses that she'd found the floorboard money, so I think she was contemplating escape even before the fight with Heller.

It's not clear to me why Maddie and Sally were kept in the dark about Heller working for the doctor. I agree with whomever posted last week that it seems more likely the doctor would just have Heller killed for embezzling, rather than con him out of the money.

• Love 3

This show continued the proud pattern of others of this sort (thinking of Devious Maids) where sex always takes place without the woman removing her sexy bra. Just cracks me up.

I also enjoyed the mall scene. And Lenny's interaction with the little kid was fun. You're not quite sure if she's going to kill the kid :) But seriously, would she really want to be memorable as being at Gary's house?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

This show continued the proud pattern of others of this sort (thinking of Devious Maids) where sex always takes place without the woman removing her sexy bra. Just cracks me up.

I also enjoyed the mall scene. And Lenny's interaction with the little kid was fun. You're not quite sure if she's going to kill the kid :) But seriously, would she really want to be memorable as being at Gary's house?

The scene with the little superhero was absolute gold. 

I do agree, I found it odd she didn't find it a problem to leave the little witness behind -- although I shudder to think of what her solution to that "problem" could have been.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I'm too lazy to go back to Ep 1, but did they ever explain how Richard found Ezra?  How did he track down Maddie to Ez's house?  I can't remember if it was explained. 

I just looked. They don't explain it at all 

Anyone know when Bravo will put last nights episode on demand? DVR didnt record it and I dont see it on again until weekend, which I do not understand since they play HW over and over and over!!!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

I watched it on Bravo's website this morning (my OnDemand wanted me to pay two bucks for it -- FiOS)

Thank you!. I did not even think to look on website, duh!

I'm sad about Sally, but I guess she wasn't a team player.   Is it too much for me to hope that Lenny just gave her a a stern warning and she'll pop up again later?  The look on her face when she realized Max ratted her out was heartbreaking.  

I've never seen the actress who plays Maddie before but she is exceptional!  It is totally believably that all these people (men and women) would fall in love with her.  

• Love 2

I wasn't surprised that Max ratted out Sally although I did feel bad for her.  I was fully expecting that either Max, Sally or both were playing each other.  I kind of hate Max now since from the flashback, we see his loyalty should be to Sally rather than the Dr. considering they started out together and only joined the Dr. later.  Unless, of course Max was playing Sally way back then too.

I'm interested to see if everyone here is right about Patrick.  I hope so since he is the next mark.

• Love 2

It's implausible that they found her easily in a place as large as Seattle, but hey, it's not like this show is realistic. 

When they visited Maddie's mother, they rigged her phone and sent Maddie an email (from Mom) so when Maddie opened the email it forwarded her IP address to the trio's phone and they have just been using an app to follow the phone. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Didn't he have a newspaper wedding announcement with a picture of Ava and Ezra when he showed up at Ezra's?

That's what I had thought, but the scene where (I thought) it happened, Ezra asked Richard if he had a picture of "Alice" and he handed over his iphone with a photo on it; Ezra compared it to *his* wedding announcement photo which he had been clutching in his hand (the fact that it was crumpled made me think Richard had been carrying it around). So I thought Richard had the wedding announcement, but it was actually Ezra. So at least at that point in the episode (when they are out on the back patio) it was not explained.

3 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Didn't he have a newspaper wedding announcement with a picture of Ava and Ezra when he showed up at Ezra's?

I know,  but how did he find that? Do they live in the same town?

AH! Too many thoughts! I don't think that this is a show that stands up to too much thinking,  soooo....I'll just leave it at that!

• Love 2

This is seriously my favorite show. They are rolling out twists pretty quickly, yes, but also developing things in a really fun and interesting way. And I'm rooting for pretty much everybody in some way or another. Lenny Cohen isn't my favorite, but I guess she'll be OK in small doses. (I'm just not a fan of the self-styled "smartest person in the room.") Maddie's baby doll voice as Ava and Saffron still bugs me, but actual Maddie is complex and likable enough. And I love the exes.

I sort of hope Patrick ISN'T a con of some kind, simply because I'd like him to be a regular guy whose aunt has incredible people sense. The way she sniffed out Saffron as a bullshit artist was pretty great.

Christina, I wouldn't mind if your Leverage idea takes hold--though it may be up to the Doctor, once they're on his radar!

• Love 3
On 3/8/2017 at 2:30 AM, burner said:

Seriously obsessed with this show. Not great by any means but way better than it has any right to be. I was actually smiling during the mall theft montage tonight.

This  describes my feelings perfectly!  I am not annoyed by any character yet! I'm not sure that has ever happened!

• Love 3
On 3/8/2017 at 3:09 PM, Cupcake04 said:

Anyone know when Bravo will put last nights episode on demand? DVR didnt record it and I dont see it on again until weekend, which I do not understand since they play HW over and over and over!!!!

It's on Netflix, which is where I'm watching it.

• Love 1

I started watching this yesterday because I ran out of other things to watch.   It isn't bad.   I was very surprised to see Uma who is hitting it out of the park as Lenny Cohen.   I don't like Maddie very much.   Way too cutesy for my taste.   Her interactions with Gary Heller weren't believable in the least, especially that cringeworthy job interview.   Sorry to see Sally go before we had a chance to get to know the character.   

• Love 1