Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: New Best Friends – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

I'm done keeping tally of all these new groups and their new people, besides the already many groups and characters we have, who may or may not show up afterwards, because when they clearly do, I don't recongnize them at all.

So anyway, more people show up. Some will get shot, some will be chow, the rest you wont remember.

I'm just hoping my stream doesn't crap on me and leave me stranded like last week.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Does anyone know what happened to Heath?

Gee, I never remember the existence of Heath until he's mentioned here. Personally I couldn't care less, yet I'm sure he'll turn up, probably with some other new group. Maybe that one will have a zebra, or maybe a lion, another tiger or a bear!  More and more this show takes on the feeling of The Wizard of Oz to me.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Does anyone know what happened to Heath? Maybe I missed something out of boredom.

He disappeared after he and Tara were separated, which was a lucky break since Tara found the all-girl group, and they might not have been so welcoming of Heath (or, alternatively, TOO welcoming of Heath); meantime his actor is the main character in the new "24" series. My guess is that whether and in what condition Heath is next seen will depend in some part upon how well "24" does in the ratings.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

He disappeared after he and Tara were separated, which was a lucky break since Tara found the all-girl group, and they might not have been so welcoming of Heath (or, alternatively, TOO welcoming of Heath); meantime his actor is the main character in the new "24" series. My guess is that whether and in what condition Heath is next seen will depend in some part upon how well "24" does in the ratings.

Thanks.  I knew he was in the new 24 show but I wondered what they did with him in TWD because I didn't remember him getting killed.  I guess as far as TWD is concerned, we're supposed to assume that he's wandering around in the woods or got chomped. 

40 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Thanks.  I knew he was in the new 24 show but I wondered what they did with him in TWD because I didn't remember him getting killed.  I guess as far as TWD is concerned, we're supposed to assume that he's wandering around in the woods or got chomped. 

If 24 doesn't do well, perhaps he'll be discovered by Carol wandering in the woods near her cottage...with Daryl and Benjamin and Morgan and Ezekiel and any number of other displaced cast members.  Maybe the whole Morales family will turn up in those woods!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, SharonH58 said:

They need to plump the cast so whenever this 'battle' happens lots of redshirts can die and we will be down to our main group.

When the show is finally done, I think the last shot of the last episode will be of the tiger looking into the camera and letting out a big belch. Off to the side, we'll see Rick's hat in tatters.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

When the show is finally done, I think the last shot of the last episode will be of the tiger looking into the camera and letting out a big belch. Off to the side, we'll see Rick's hat in tatters.

I tried, but really can't think of a better ending. Finally, revenge for the all the innocent animals that met their deaths through the bumbling of CDB.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

My guess is that whether and in what condition Heath is next seen will depend in some part upon how well "24" does in the ratings.

This past week "24" came in third in its Monday 8 PM time zone, with a 1.2 rating in Adults 18-49 and 5.14 million viewers. Not sure whether that's a permanent spot or if it'll be up against "The Voice" when the new season starts on Feb. 27th, but if so...

4 hours ago, minamurray78 said:

I'm just hoping my stream doesn't crap on me and leave me stranded like last week.

My provider (Xfinity) had some kind of hiccup last week and wouldn't allow me to sign in at the AMC site no matter what I tried -- I missed the first 7-8 minutes and there might have been some rather colorful invective on my part.

ETA: Tonight I signed in early, just in case.

Edited by Raven1707
Why not?
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

the whole Morales family

Ahhh, the Moraleses.  They're the ones who decided to wing it on their own instead of throwing in with CDB, right?  I've been waiting years for them to reappear--they're the last best hope for beefing up the "original cast" numbers.

Don't you know there are some people waiting for the phone to ring, thinking exactly the same thing?

• Love 4

I'm watching last week's ep while I wait.  Man, Rosita--she of the most recent massive screwup--is just made of attitude.  You can dial that back, missy, 'til we reacquire Eugene in one piece.

Suddenly it's the all-candall, all the time, thread.  I hear wine corks popping and toilets flushing.

(ETA:  That would have been more amusing if that remark had been allowed to have it's own post.)

Edited by candall
disgruntlement
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, candall said:

Ahhh, the Moraleses.  They're the ones who decided to wing it on their own instead of throwing in with CDB, right?  I've been waiting years for them to reappear--they're the last best hope for beefing up the "original cast" numbers.

Don't you know there are some people waiting for the phone to ring, thinking exactly the same thing?

Having an entire episode dedicated to the Morales' adventures after they parted company with CDB would be awesome.  Much better than that godforsaken Tara-centric episode or the Morgan-and-the-Cheese-Man episode (although I will admit, once I had the entire season on DVD, the Morgan episode was rather good...when it wasn't disrupting the momentum of my first viewing of the original season).  

Here's hoping the Garbage Pail kids bring some entertainment tonight!

1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

Having an entire episode dedicated to the Morales' adventures after they parted company with CDB would be awesome.  Much better than that godforsaken Tara-centric episode or the Morgan-and-the-Cheese-Man episode (although I will admit, once I had the entire season on DVD, the Morgan episode was rather good...when it wasn't disrupting the momentum of my first viewing of the original season).  

Here's hoping the Garbage Pail kids bring some entertainment tonight!

I'm always amazed at the difference in the binge-view experience.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, candall said:

I'm always amazed at the difference in the binge-view experience.

Me, too.  I think I was so utterly pissed that TPTB inserted that Morgan episode right in the middle of the Glenn-Nicholas-And-The-Magical-Dumpster episodes that there was no way I could have enjoyed that episode, even with my mad love for Twisty the Clown.  As a stand alone episode on a binge, though, it was actually pretty good.  That being said, when I get this season on DVD, I feel quite safe in saying NOTHING, not even binge viewing, could make me enjoy that Tara-centric episode.  I'll be skipping that episode every time.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3