Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I just don't get the media lockout from Kelli this year. Obviously last year was a hit if they extended this season. And last year we knew everythang! Even more than we were supposed to like The Kendall/Megan/Melissa fiasco. 

Honestly, I feel there has to be a reason for this season's DCC stealth mode. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if this year they unveil the team and Samantha Finglass was on the squad. I would be surprised but not shocked...

• Love 3

I watched the PDC video of Tara (?) posted upthread. What I liked about her in the video was that she seemed kind of chill and real. Her relaxed stance while talking to the camera/interviewer made it seem like she is without artifice and is relaxed while performing. What I didn't like so much was that her relaxed stance seemed too relaxed for an on-camera interview while talking about auditioning for a team that expects a lot of polish from its ambassadors/members. She was leaning nonchalantly on the plexiglass and fidgeting a good bit. The fidgeting was distracting while the lean was part of what made her seem chill and like she was not "fronting." But I bet Kelli would have a cow if a cheerleader did an interview like that as a DCC. I hope she knows how to step up the polish and professionalism for camp, because as I said, I liked how real she seemed.

Some of the pictures of her dancing during auditions make me wonder about how clean she is as a dancer. Her legs were bent in a kind of sloppy way in a few photos during leaps or jumps that made me think, yikes. I know they're action shots, but it's important that DCC take great action shots and be precise in their movements. One of the ways they do that consistently is by having clean lines and being sharp with their moves. That was part of why Katie Marie and Kinzie always had soooo many great sideline pictures of them dancing during games (the other reason being they're gorgeous and always looked like they're so happy while performing)--same for current DCC like Erica and Lacey. 

So, as this is basically the only rookie I now know anything about (aside from Christina, who I am not that impressed with, and Brennan, who I don't think has the looks), I've decided that for now I'm hoping she makes it through camp, but I won't be surprised if she ends up "on the bubble" or gets cut for her dancing. Jessica Allison is the only former Flight Crew cheerleader in my memory who made it through DCC training camp without on-camera struggles of any kind. I wonder if their performance and technique standards are not be the same as in Dallas. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

LOL. I honestly think it would be legendary. I can dream...

Um ? 

IMG_3634.GIF

Tobie it reminds me of LeAnn Womack with her hair changes 

Edited by Jaxratchet
I removed a portion so I wouldn't get in trouble
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

Tobie is one of my all time favorites which is why I think I really like Gina already.

So can I update my list with Erin being 1st cut?????

I pretty much knew it was her too, because she posted a pic on her IG about taking her first ballet class in forever. Obviously can't be a TC and a ballet class at the same hour(s) of the day. 

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

when you guys are referring to Tobie, the blow is "blow dryer" right?  Since she does hair right??  ?

Hey. I'm going to try to put you out of your misery without getting in trouble myself. We are not allowed to talk about it on this forum. Google It!

Edited by DCCFAN71
1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

I just don't get the media lockout from Kelli this year. Obviously last year was a hit if they extended this season. And last year we knew everythang! Even more than we were supposed to like The Kendall/Megan/Melissa fiasco

Honestly, I feel there has to be a reason for this season's DCC stealth mode. I guess I wouldn't be shocked if this year they unveil the team and Samantha Finglass was on the squad. I would be surprised but not shocked...

I'm new to the forum, what happened with Kendall, Megan and Melissa?!!

2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I think the story is that Kyndall said some kind of snarky thing about being mentored by Melissa Rycroft and turned down a mentoring session (I think the snark had something to do with the fact that Melissa's mentees have historically not fared so well) & that Megan tattled on Kyndall.

• Love 2

There supposedly was an incident during camp last year, when Kendall was invited to work with Melissa Rycroft and Megan C to help her because she was on the bubble. It seems K had to work or said she couldn't do it or "no thanks," and then the day after, Megan allegedly asked her why she wasn't there, etc. Some speculated this contributed to K getting cut, but I personally think her inability to execute choreography accurately and consistently, combined with struggles on the field, were enough to get her cut. I think Kelli really liked her and was hoping she'd pull through, but she appeared to have some of the same struggles as she had in the previous training camp. I'm saying supposedly and allegedly because we know something happened around that, but as we never saw footage, we can only go by hearsay. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

A small thing blown way out of proportion that vilified Megan. 

An 'insider' who just raved about Kendall and thought she could do no wrong, said Kendall was offered special help by Melissa, Kendall turned it down, Megan overreacted and told her and some vets that Kendall was crazy for turning down help. 

Somehow this snowballed into Megan is evil and we need to call her fat 24/7. 

Not for sure why Kendall turned it down. Some said she had conflicts with work, some said she didn't want to be one of Melissa's special projects that failed. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

LOL. I honestly think it would be legendary. I can dream...

It would be legendary but I can't decide if it would be a dream or a nightmare ;)

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I will honestly be surprised if Kelsey doesn't go directly from DCC to being a Victoria's Secret Angel. It's obviously her calling.

Seriously! That girl could walk the runway in a VS show right now, she is smokin'

11 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Hey. I'm going to try to put you out of your misery without getting in trouble myself. We are not allowed to talk about it on this forum. Google It!

I tried to google it and it brought me back to the mod post on here saying not to talk about it LOL guess I need to alter the search or someone could PM me you know whatever

• Love 2

Mean girl reports usually make me suspicious, unless they're about Sarah G-I, because Sarah puts her mean or passive aggressive comments online for the world to marvel at her sense of self and insensitivity. Maybe Megan is a mean girl, but I haven't seen evidence of it myself. I remember last year on the boards someone wrote they had heard Tess was a mean girl, too, but I never saw anyone post a reason or an account of an incident on here to explain that. She appears to be much loved by her cohort, so I don't buy that one. Or the Megan charge either. Now, Megan getting away with weight gain that others couldn't, that's a different matter. But this is the 2017 thread so I'll leave that for now. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

A small thing blown way out of proportion that vilified Megan. 

Off topic, sorry, but all that trash talking about my girl-crush never made me happy!

27 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Somehow this snowballed into Megan is evil and we need to call her fat 24/7. 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Tootie said:

So... Either Molly, Rachel or Madeline???

I tried to hold out until August, but it was just too darn hard.  I still don't know which if any vets were cut so please do not tell me.  I would be surprised if TCC Madeline had been cut only because someone posted a photo of Kelli F.'s desk where a picture of Madeline was buried in a stack, and you could just make out that she had received a remarkable (for a novice) 13(yes)/15 judge's votes.  And TCC Molly's face is so darn cute, that I think she's a keeper.  So maybe Rachel(?), but only because as someone noted, she looks too much like a Bess/Tess/Simone hybrid.  I'll go back to lurking again and reading all of your comments.

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I need a defibrillator. 

Not that Kelsey doesn't wear this spectacularly, but since when did Kelli start sourcing bikini's at Dominatrix-R-Us?  

Edited by Java
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Java said:

Not that Kelsey doesn't wear this spectacularly, but since when did Kelli start sourcing bikini's at Dominatrix-R-Us?  

LOL ??

Guy, I got a question, I noticed that the groups was announced at the end of the second week of camp, just wondered what happens if a TCC is cut and a group has "less" TCC/Vets, when they announce the squad am I assuming that they will move some of the other girls into that group so that it balances the numbers out? I know the groups has people with similar reasons like dance skills, etc in them (or maybe I dreamed that I think ShellyB or someone else said that, please correct me? I think my memory has gone really "bad" must be the long day I had at work!!! XD).

I might be wrong in this but I never really followed this closely in previous years when the groups were announced, so judging by what I saw on the show in previous years, the groups were shown to be announced in week/episode 6/7 of previous years on the show (maybe my memory is wrong on this) I know the show is edited heavily so maybe it is me to assume groups were maybe announced later in training camp in previous years (or maybe it was announced early in training camp but was shown in later episodes on the show.

7 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Guy, I got a question, I noticed that the groups was announced at the end of the second week of camp, just wondered what happens if a TCC is cut and a group has "less" TCC/Vets, when they announce the squad am I assuming that they will move some of the other girls into that group so that it balances the numbers out? I know the groups has people with similar reasons like dance skills, etc in them (or maybe I dreamed that I think ShellyB or someone else said that, please correct me? I think my memory has gone really "bad" must be the long day I had at work!!! XD).

I might be wrong in this but I never really followed this closely in previous years when the groups were announced, so judging by what I saw on the show in previous years, the groups were shown to be announced in week/episode 6/7 of previous years on the show (maybe my memory is wrong on this) I know the show is edited heavily so maybe it is me to assume groups were maybe announced later in training camp in previous years (or maybe it was announced early in training camp but was shown in later episodes on the show.

I asked a similar question a while back and Shelly said they would adjust the group so they were even:)

Groups are usually done mid-June or right after makeovers. Makeovers were almost a week or 2 early this year and groups were announced a couple days later. Show Group auditions are usually toward the end of June and I believe they are later this week. Kitty usually does her big show around 4th of July or after rookie week at the start of July and does her show mid-July. Then I think Kitty sticks around a bit after that. Squad is announced anywhere from last week of July to 1st week of August. 

• Love 1

Yeah groups are assigned pretty early in camp, and usually have been before anyone has been cut. It seems right after groups are announced the first cut happens. Sometimes groups lose a lot of rookies and they are shuffled around, and the vets generally stay in the group they are assigned. 

21 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Yeah groups are assigned pretty early in camp, and usually have been before anyone has been cut. It seems right after groups are announced the first cut happens. Sometimes groups lose a lot of rookies and they are shuffled around, and the vets generally stay in the group they are assigned. 

Was the number they will cut in TC eight? Or nine? This will be a small rookie group!

10 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Who do you think will be the strongest contenders amongst the veterans to audition for Show Group? Didn't they lose some really strong dancers this year?

Obviously Jenna, Lacey, Erica, Holly will be the shoe-ins. Then Amy L, Jinelle again maybe -hoping to see Cersten since she's coming back, Robin, Kelli, Kashara. 

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

I thought Kelli already posted SG????

Not this years. I had posted a photo of last years to compare who's all left and returning vets expected to make it. Apparently SG is this week? 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1

Awesome thanks guys. I haven't kept "in contact" which the infos on here for weeks so I am so behind and I haven't "caught" up in reading the back infos yet!!! 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Was the number they will cut in TC eight? Or nine? This will be a small rookie group!

Yep should be 8. Which was the smallest rookie group? I think season five had a very very small rookie class. And they cut more to have a squad of less than 36. They still had a lot of veteran star power. Then season 6 and 7 they had pretty big rookie classes. I just finished watching season 9 and that was ten rookies.  Erica and Lacey's rookie year. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Yeah groups are assigned pretty early in camp, and usually have been before anyone has been cut.

This might seem like a stupid comment to make, but I wonder if someone who's about to be cut might have done better if she had been assigned to a different group.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ByTor said:

This might seem like a stupid comment to make, but I wonder if someone who's about to be cut might have done better if she had been assigned to a different group.

I could see it possibly helping/hurting concidering if one sub par TCC is in a group with awesome vets and TCC. They may try to even it out when diving into groups and then compare them against those not in their groups as a whole. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Then we're the same kind of stupid. They seem to get REALLY attached to their groups. I too wonder if their success could be situational to their group's chemistry. I also wonder if that's a factor for group assignments, although I can't think of any examples of negative/positive chemistry offhand.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

8 if they go for a squad of 36, which would mean 11 rookies I think 

The year that Emma, Amelia and Holly came in, I remember Kelli saying something about how she would love to have a larger group (maybe 40). Does anybody else remember that? I would love to see 40 myself!

I would LOVE to see some scenes in the show from rookie week!! We got one glimpse of Megan Fox working with rookies, which was great but also last decade. And then we had that kind of lame bowling scene with the vets in ridiculous getups while the rookies were at Valley Ranch. The one redeeming part of that scene was when the military vets came by. I remember being so much more interested in what the rookies were doing than seeing who was a bad bowler. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I would LOVE to see some scenes in the show from rookie week!! We got one glimpse of Megan Fox working with rookies, which was great but also last decade. And then we had that kind of lame bowling scene with the vets in ridiculous getups while the rookies were at Valley Ranch. The one redeeming part of that scene was when the military vets came by. I remember being so much more interested in what the rookies were doing than seeing who was a bad bowler. 

And see, I loved the bowling scene but hated the military vet part. Different strokes for different folks!

• Love 3

Hello everyone!  I have been following this site for a few weeks, and want to join in the fun.  Can someone please give us some strong hints as to who has been cut so far?  Or better yet, just straight out tell us ;)   I think Madeline is going to be one we all love, don't know why except I think she is so cute on her social media.  Maybe the next Maggie or Erica?

1 hour ago, marizetian said:

Hello everyone!  I have been following this site for a few weeks, and want to join in the fun.  Can someone please give us some strong hints as to who has been cut so far?  Or better yet, just straight out tell us ;)   I think Madeline is going to be one we all love, don't know why except I think she is so cute on her social media.  Maybe the next Maggie or Erica?

Erin has been cut and I think rookie Madeline was also cut but not 100% sure. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I totally miss the extreme challenges with Jay. nothing but net, leap of faith, the sky diving and even pom pom punishment.  

I miss when they did power squad with the WHOLE squad. The last couple of seasons was only rookies and a couple of veterans. 

• Love 7