Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Well said. Honestly I find the notion that anyone is a "threat" to Holly kind of ridiculous. The DCC obviously isn't made up of one person, and if this was the kind of stuff they did, Holly never would have never made the team because she would have been a threat to Holly A, Jenna, Jennifer, or any of the other top girls on the team at the time. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me.

Yeah, I don't get the threat thing. Are we talking looks? Dancing? Figure?  Because Holly is a serious contender in all departments. I don't mean she's everyone's fave, I just mean she's got the DCC thing, and show me someone she can't serve in a power and projection dance off. 

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 5

That doesn't make any sense that they would cut anyone that would "threaten" Holly. It's a team, they want everyone to look good as one unit. Like Kelli says, they want the best dancers, best lookers, best ambassadors, the total package. And each year they want to get better and better. 

Us mortals might not understand what they're doing during audition season, but each year they're the best in the NFL, no arguing that! 

• Love 2
On 5/27/2017 at 10:25 PM, TiaGrace said:

Has anyone seen Dayton's Instagram from Evan Anderson's class taught at Kitty Carter's this past Wednesday? 

Dayton looks great. Her hair, her moves, her smile all ooze sexy. She also appears leaner. She is just Wow in that Choreo. 

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason but as a MTT fan I simply can not understand how this girl in not in TC.

She was definitely sexy but for me at least, she had no power and her moves weren't clear. At least on that clip specifically. But in general, i think she lacks power and the dcc style. For me Dayton is way better than Victoria when it comes to dcc style so we shall see.

• Love 5

These Holly-Dayton-Victoria posts are giving me the feels.

1) Pish-posh on the theory of K&J not taking talented dancers for Holly's sake. Ridiculous and disagree.

2) I watched the clip of this year's final put out by DCC and Dayton's Insta when she posted it a while back. Dayton is a beautiful dancer. I agree with her needing another year to bake and hone her skills. She just needs to articulate her moves more and mature a bit. Same as Victoria, but they are TEENS! Cut these ladies (and all the others who choose this path directly out of high school or during) some slack.

I do see both as future DCC if that's the path they choose.

3) I like how not everyone who turns out to be a spectacular DCC makes the squad their first tryout. I do not think most of these cuts are for ratings or sensationalism. The DCC and their organization ARE the sensation. 

Lame rant over.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

1) Pish-posh on the theory of K&J not taking talented dancers for Holly's sake. Ridiculous and disagree.

2) I watched the clip of this year's final put out by DCC and Dayton's Insta when she posted it a while back. Dayton is a beautiful dancer. I agree with her needing another year to bake and hone her skills. She just needs to articulate her moves more and mature a bit. Same as Victoria, but they are TEENS! Cut these ladies (and all the others who choose this path directly out of high school or during) some slack.

3) I like how not everyone who turns out to be a spectacular DCC makes the squad their first tryout. I do not think most of these cuts are for ratings or sensationalism. The DCC and their organization ARE the sensation. 

Lame rant over.

I mean, honestly, no one's ripped Dayton apart a fraction of what people did about Cassie up in here. Cassie was taken to task up in this piece, and still is sometimes LOL! I personally am all about Vic, I can't wait to see her develop her style over the year and audition!! Been waiting for this for years! Which, now that I say it out loud is absolutely pathetic and possibly creepy.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Lame rant over.

Yes, they are teens, but they are also desperately trying to insert themselves into the public eye as members of the DCC.  They should not only expect critique from the public, but they should get used to it if they plan to be successful.  There's a price to fame (whatever the level) and those who seek it need to do so knowingly.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/28/2017 at 10:03 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I think that maybe Dayton decided to try out to see what it was all about.  If you have no expectations to make training camp, you see what the process is first hand (hearing from Mom or watching from the audience is not the same), you can get an idea of what, if anything, you need to work on, and next year, the butterflies and jitters will hopefully be lessened cause you know the expectations.

From what I've seen of Dayton and Victoria's dancing so far, they need more power.  You can probably get thru the process without too much of it, but once they see you on the HDTV big board, if you don't have it, that will be it.

I agree with this - the lack of first hand knowledge of the process is the reason why many very talented, very DCC-look girls don't make it to TC their first time out. That knowledge is a huge advantage - I personally think it was super smart of Dayton to go through the process prior to it being "the right time in her life" for the team. My daughter has always wanted to be on the team but knew it was a "post college" dream - however,  she had an opportunity to audition during her 2nd year of college and took it. She fully expected to be cut early, and she was, but she knows the knowledge she gained will make a huge difference when the time comes to try again. Don't get me wrong - if she had made it to TC she would have been over the moon excited but there was also a small sense of relief knowing that she wasn't going to be in  the limbo of training camp in the middle of her college program. I imagine the same was true for Dayton - she knew she wasn't 100% prepared for auditions or maybe even 100% ready for the commitment of being on the team but it's better to just go for it for the sake of experience over not trying this year then trying next year but making "inexperienced audition errors" that cost you a spot in TC and then having to wait yet another year to try again. It's like multi tasking to cut a year out of the process if that makes sense?

Edited by Dlcmom
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Yes, they are teens, but they are also desperately trying to insert themselves into the public eye as members of the DCC.  They should not only expect critique from the public, but they should get used to it if they plan to be successful.  There's a price to fame (whatever the level) and those who seek it need to do so knowingly.  

Not everyone can naturally deal with this though they need to have resources to help them make that transition.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

THIS!  So true.  Fame is a double-sided sword .. it's great but it's also bad and if you can't handle the bad, then it's time to shy away from the spotlight.  This is true in all aspects of life.  My old boss once told me that the closer you get to the sun, the more likely you are to get burned.  But hey, who doesn't have ambitions to be close to the "sun"  :)

I would guess a lot of folks are holding back unpopular or criticisms of Dayton because Shelly is on the board and she's been such a positive contributor that people would love her to stay.  This is probably how the other judges felt when they had to judge Cassie and Judy was in the room.

• Love 4

If a requirement for one's presence is to be surrounded by only agreeable sycophants, then I'm cool with the consequences of giving my honest opinion and letting the chips fall where they may. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/27/2017 at 6:10 PM, Smplsimon said:

Does anyone have know of any videos where I can see Amy (tap dancing Amy) dancing DCC style?  She must be really good, but I don't think I've ever seen a video of her dancing their choreography.

Here's her tapping!

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

Here's her tapping!

Thanks, but I've already seen that.  Note that my request was of videos of her dancing "DCC style" and folks provided that.  To those who did -- thank you!

Edited by Smplsimon
On 5/26/2017 at 3:07 PM, mmm said:

I am saw i thing about This Arizona Cardinal Pro Bowl representative Alexandra & Thought that she would make a perfect DCC. Then I was wondering about The recruitment that DCC used to do from other teams & if they still do it ? 

There is a LA Rams cheerleader who cheered for UCLA named Macall Manor.  I think she would be a perfect DCC.

13 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Does anyone know what the dance studio at the Star looks like?  The upgrade should be impressive.

I know Cassie posted one photo of her daughter posing in one of the lockers lol

(edited)
11 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Noticed it says "Rookie Candidate" over the locker;  I assume the vets will say "Veteran Candidate". The rookies used to have a label with their name in their locker. In one season (not sure which one) it showed one of Kelli's staff peeling it off  when they were cut.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

LOVE IT! I actually don't loathe Cassie's kid pics (the highest honor I'm able to give anyone's kid pics-"don't loathe") . They're funny.

As unattractive as Cassie is, she sure has some cute kids.  Let's just hope they grow up to have better personalities than their entitled mother . . . 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Noticed it says "Rookie Candidate" over the locker;  I assume the vets will say "Veteran Candidate". The rookies used to have a label with their name in their locker. In one season (not sure which one) it showed one of Kelli's staff peeling it off  when they were cut.

I would think so too, just to remind them that their spot isn't guaranteed. 

On 5/28/2017 at 7:27 PM, Tootie said:

Are you sure Sheridan made it into training camp?  I haven't found any confirmation on her...

I question this also. I don't remember seeing confirmation on her Insta. Was it confirmed elsewhere?

25 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Assuming the sandals are actually flat, but the way she's standing they look like high wedges which is so strange on such a small child lol.

That's part of what makes her look so "Judy".  Pretty sure she's just jumping or stretching, and they're flat sandals, but dang, somebody done gone and shrunk Judy.

• Love 3

She's super cute. Looks happy. I don't have a problem with Cassie. She seems like a great mom, and I wish I could have gotten my daughter's hair to be cute. I suck at hair. See profile pic or twitter/insta look.... it took me 20 minutes to braid it. ??

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

She's super cute. Looks happy. I don't have a problem with Cassie. She seems like a great mom, and I wish I could have gotten my daughter's hair to be cute. I suck at hair. See profile pic or twitter/insta look.... it took me 20 minutes to braid it. ??

I always liked Cassie and I think she is pretty. I don't know why so many people hate on her. I thought she was a good dancer and a great group leader who really had to stay strong against some of the worst criticism I have ever seen. I think her children are adorable and she is a great mom.  I bugs me to see people criticize the ones who succeed no matter what their personal opinion.   Now on the other hand mentioning a self consumed wacko who got cut and whose behavior and reaction to being cut was anything but humble, well I am all for it!  I will quote her after she was cut    " I'm a damn good performer and I'm a damn good dancer and I deserved a spot"     

• Love 11
21 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

They've always had their names on their lockers, both at Valley Ranch & the stadium. I'm thinking that was just a placeholder or put there to show the finished product. How would they know where to put their stuff?

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I always liked Cassie and I think she is pretty. I don't know why so many people hate on her. I thought she was a good dancer and a great group leader who really had to stay strong against some of the worst criticism I have ever seen. I think her children are adorable and she is a great mom.  I bugs me to see people criticize the ones who succeed no matter what their personal opinion.   Now on the other hand mentioning a self consumed wacko who got cut and whose behavior and reaction to being cut was anything but humble, well I am all for it!  I will quote her after she was cut    " I'm a damn good performer and I'm a damn good dancer and I deserved a spot"     

I always felt bad for Cassie and the criticism she got until the Taylor incident and I wasn't even a Taylor fan. I think she handled it poorly and the powers that be should have handled Taylor, not Cassie or Ally. That said she (Cassie) was a young girl (maybe 20 at that point) and I know I don't want to be judged forevermore based on some of my behavior at that age :) I do think she got a pass her 5th year but as I said on another thread, that's just how the world works (plus they gave Danielle a pass her 2nd year).

I think her daughter is cute and Cassie seems to have matured with age (like we all do) and seems to enjoy being a mom. 

I loved Vivian her first year at TC and then, yeah, she changed a lot in that year, and not for the better. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Shallan said:

I always felt bad for Cassie and the criticism she got until the Taylor incident and I wasn't even a Taylor fan. I think she handled it poorly and the powers that be should have handled Taylor, not Cassie or Ally. That said she (Cassie) was a young girl (maybe 20 at that point) and I know I don't want to be judged forevermore based on some of my behavior at that age :) I do think she got a pass her 5th year but as I said on another thread, that's just how the world works (plus they gave Danielle a pass her 2nd year).

I think her daughter is cute and Cassie seems to have matured with age (like we all do) and seems to enjoy being a mom. 

I loved Vivian her first year at TC and then, yeah, she changed a lot in that year, and not for the better. 

Agreed!  And I love that her life is not all DCC all day.  I also don't find anything offensive about her looks.  She did annoy me during the Taylor incident but so did Ally.  But that was years ago ... I do wonder if she realized that was uncool.  It's funny but when I think back to all the negative moments of my younger days (when I felt ganged up on or bullied), I doubt those people now adults even remember they did such a thing

• Love 2
(edited)

If you talk to anyone who was a DCC while Cassie was on the team, any good feelings you have toward her will evaporate immediately.  She was the quintessential mean girl, stirring up trouble and ratting out other members of the squad (sometimes for things that weren't even true).  She got every perk there was, even though she wasn't deserving (i.e., show group, primo spot in the squad photo every year (even her rookie year!), etc.).  Girls on the team learned that if you wanted to survive and be asked back the next year, you had to suck up to queen bee Cassie.  

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Shallan said:

I fully concur!!

And if being "mean" is the sole criteria for whether or not people like someone, then there are a few people around here who should just have a seat by themselves forever LOL.

I know what Cassie did, I know how she acted, and I don't care anymore. I can have an appreciation for her now, time to move on.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Shallan said:

(plus they gave Danielle a pass her 2nd year).

This isn't throwing shade at Cassie, but they didn't give Danielle a pass. The official decision was for her to get cut even though her injury was temporary and she was injured while practicing her auditions solo. Plus, this happened after Cassie's 5th year so honestly, just imagine the backlash they would receive for cutting her after letting Cassie back on.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

I fully concur!!

And if being "mean" is the sole criteria for whether or not people like someone, then there are a few people around here who should just have a seat by themselves forever LOL.

I know what Cassie did, I know how she acted, and I don't care anymore. I can have an appreciation for her now, time to move on.

OMG I have never loved you more than right now in this moment!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

I know you mean me :'(

• Love 2
On 5/15/2017 at 8:10 PM, kalibean said:

Jenna really does have it going on! She's great here, freezing her tush off or no. And Amy T. <3 

I think Yuko looks just fine. Her appearances are probably more limited than some of the other gals, but I'm sure that's the case every year for a variety of women for a variety of reasons. She's pretty and seems to get the job done well enough! Morgan was my last weaker standout and she got cut for her second season, so Yuko must be doing something right. She might have fabulous kicks? 

I forgot about kicks this year. Christina looked like she made a point to show flexibility in her solo, so maybe we will get less whining this time around. 

Looks like she's having trouble with that split...

thumbnail_Screenshot_2017-06-01-01-34-33.jpg

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Looks like she's having trouble with that split...

thumbnail_Screenshot_2017-06-01-01-34-33.jpg

is christina's IG private? i follow her so not sure...but she posted a dance clip of a little routine she did, one of those in heels where they writhe around and what not (Evan does them all the time lol)  She is fun to watch and i think has improved performance wise since she was in camp before...but it WILL be interesting to see her splits. 

• Love 1