Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, DanceChick said:

Goodness, is that Allie in #74? Fairly obvious why she was cut...

I was wondering who that was. Not a great photo of her.

unknown_blue.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
11 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

Was it just the album with the solos or was there another album with the field portion? 

i think there is an album for field too, maybe 2 albums..i am getting confused now what is on the cowboys website and what is prodancecheer lol

15 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

One shoe, Allie! nooooo!

She has the same shape now she did last year. I guess it's an issue now that there's no story arc. 

Ok I'll bite. What's the one shoe thing? 

14 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Guys the Beyond thing has nothing to do with DCC! LOL 

You sure about that? I districtly remember they had "#BEYOND" on the big board during the squad reveal. 

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ok I'll bite. What's the one shoe thing? 

Nothing crazy. I hate one full jazz shoe and one bare foot. Looks like a few girls did that. Either do two shoes, two bare feet, or even a half sole/cheater and a bare foot.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Nothing crazy. I hate one full jazz shoe and one bare foot. Looks like a few girls did that. Either do two shoes, two bare feet, or even a half sole/cheater and a bare foot.

So wait, you mean that's a THING? Like, a conscious decision to wear only one shoe? Silly.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

So wait, you mean that's a THING? Like, a conscious decision to wear only one shoe? Silly.

a lot of dancers do it these days...just put a shoe on their main turning foot and it lets them make better turns, etc.  But I think it's so weird like what is the big deal to wear two?? 

at least i haven't seen QUITE as many flannel shirts around the waist lately...LOL

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Holly did a Instagram live chat yesterday - anyone else on it?  That was so much fun!  I only caught the first couple minutes and didn't get to ask questions but it was so fun!!

Was it late at night? She always seems to do them later when I'm trying to sleep lol

Just now, Oklahomama said:

It was! Like maybe 10?

Yeah, I was exhausted yesterday after a 23 hour day so there was no way I was up around 10 lol

Did you catch any good info?

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, I was exhausted yesterday after a 23 hour day so there was no way I was up around 10 lol

Did you catch any good info?

Nothing juicy. Just the same stuff she's answered before. You didn't miss anything! Glad you got sleep!

3 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Nothing juicy. Just the same stuff she's answered before. You didn't miss anything! Glad you got sleep!

Darn. She needs to spill some tea. Thanks, me too lol

26 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Darn. She needs to spill some tea. Thanks, me too lol

Yeah nothing too good.  A lot of people ask weird questions ... I'm like um no she will not marry you and stop asking if she has a boyfriend lol.  She looks a lot younger and prettier in video tan she does in pictures.  Very fresh faced and not the overly mature look.

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah nothing too good.  A lot of people ask weird questions ... I'm like um no she will not marry you and stop asking if she has a boyfriend lol.  She looks a lot younger and prettier in video tan she does in pictures.  Very fresh faced and not the overly mature look.

Yeah, she sounds so young when I hear her talk. I always forget how young she is lol

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

a lot of dancers do it these days...just put a shoe on their main turning foot and it lets them make better turns, etc.  But I think it's so weird like what is the big deal to wear two?? 

at least i haven't seen QUITE as many flannel shirts around the waist lately...LOL

Hahaha ok gotcha that's what I was wondering, if it's like, for fashion, or if it serves a purpose or what. Thank you! I suppose, whatever floats your boat, man! 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Hahaha ok gotcha that's what I was wondering, if it's like, for fashion, or if it serves a purpose or what. Thank you! I suppose, whatever floats your boat, man! 

this clip Erica posted like two years ago is the first time i remember seeing it and being like WHUT ... the red sock really makes it haha 

https://www.instagram.com/p/2ZuVKGIfZx/?taken-by=ericawilkins_

Ugh, I wish she'd start posting dance clips again.  she used to do a ton and hardly any these days. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I was wondering who that was. Not a great photo of her.

unknown_blue.jpg

Just so everyone knows, this pose can be your friend when you are a woman of a certain age (40's). I never look better than when I'm flat on my back letting any possible wrinkles fall behind me. ??

• Love 11
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

A friend who dances told me that sometimes those portable ballroom floors are really slippery in jazz shoes, and she'd rather be barefoot than risk slipping and sliding, especially when landing a leap. But of course, it's harder to turn in bare feet. So they compromise. One foot bare and and the other not. I agree it looks tacky. Though we're talking about a room full of women in dark suntan footless tights and pale white feet. It's all tacky.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Just so everyone knows, this pose can be your friend when you are a woman of a certain age (40's). I never look better than when I'm flat on my back letting any possible wrinkles fall behind me. ??

Well, this is my favorite post of recent history.

IMG_0241.JPG

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Though we're talking about a room full of women in dark suntan footless tights and pale white feet. It's all tacky.

It never occurred to me that the tights would be footless!!  I'm just amazed at that for some reason.

Footless tights make it convenient for dancers to make adjustments for their feet or shoes.  My two daughters danced ballet, hip-hop, jazz, contemporary.  The ballet shoes required little toe pads, toe socks, toe spacers, tape, etc.  Some tights have a split sole on the bottom of the foot, so you can fold it back to get to your toes, or even roll it up to your ankle.  Every dancer has different products that they need. The footless tights make it easy to customize your toes for your pointe shoes.  Then you can quickly take them off for a difference dance shoe.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

this clip Erica posted like two years ago is the first time i remember seeing it and being like WHUT ... the red sock really makes it haha 

https://www.instagram.com/p/2ZuVKGIfZx/?taken-by=ericawilkins_

Ugh, I wish she'd start posting dance clips again.  she used to do a ton and hardly any these days. 

Random fact I just learned following the link to her Mom's studio webpage...if you click on alumni, Whitney I (Hardy now) was a student there!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

The girl who was roommates with Jessika last year but didn't make it past TC (Kendell?)...did she audition this year?  If so, is she still around?

she didn't audition this time...she works for the Star though (with previous DCC Kat)! 

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

she didn't audition this time...she works for the Star though (with previous DCC Kat)! 

That's good ... she's so gorgeous and in a much natural way than her "twins".  It has got to be tough to keep setting yourself up for disappointment.  I'm not sure why they don't pick her ... I think she wasn't powerful enough in her dancing?  Can't recall

• Love 1
23 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

#Beyond was like their thing last year

On 5/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, AnnMichele said:

You sure about that? I districtly remember they had "#BEYOND" on the big board during the squad reveal. 

Amy L went to this Beyond dance thing the other night. Figured they attended that as well. 

(edited)
38 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Random but did Jinelle retire or is she still on?  Any chance she becomes Pro Bowl or Point girl?  Can someone give Jenna a run for money?

Jinelle made training camp. She is the only 5 year veteran candidate. Point girl seems to be quite a reach since she wasnt near the top of the triangle this past year.

In my opinion Erica, Lacey, Holly, and perhaps Amy L. can give Jenna a run for point girl. Pro Bowl?  She is a candidate is all I see right now. 

#Erica4PointGirl!!!

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 2

Jenna will never be point.  She has an abnormally short neck that makes her look lie a young boy in drag.  Plus, she has an abdominal scar.  Trust me, this has been discussed by the powers that be.  She won't be point.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jenna has been at point for certain performances before, so I'm not sure why she definitely won't be point this upcoming season. Personally I'm team Erica, but I think there's a good chance it will be Jenna.

Worth mentioning too that no one has cared about Jenna's scar up until this point, so not sure why it would matter now. They've never even photoshopped it out of calendar photos. People have scars. Life goes on.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 16
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Jenna will never be point.  She has an abnormally short neck that makes her look lie a young boy in drag.  Plus, she has an abdominal scar.  Trust me, this has been discussed by the powers that be.  She won't be point.

(Said in a voice of a whiny 5 year old) Ahhhhhhh....buuuuuuuuuutttt....SMPLSIMON, Jenna SAID that Kelli and Judy talked her out of retiring...her, Jenna, not Jenn K., not Melissa, not Jaxx, or Megan, or Amy T. Or Claire. 

When I read that, I rolled my eyes so hard that they are still stuck behind my brain. Darn you, Jenna, your THIRSTY self proclaimed "QUEEN Royalty Soul" has blinded me!!!! 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Jenna has been at point for certain performances before, so I'm not sure why she definitely won't be point this upcoming season. Personally I'm team Erica, but I think there's a good chance it will be Jenna.

Worth mentioning too that no one has cared about Jenna's scar up until this point, so not sure why it would matter now. They've never even photoshopped it out of calendar photos. People have scars. Life goes on.

Caring about it and putting it front and center are two different things.

54 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Caring about it and putting it front and center are two different things.

Pretty sure the scar and her neck don't matter about her being point at all..she performed at point in her group more than she performed inside the triangle..so there's that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If everybody loves Jinelle as much as they say, I can see her getting Vet of the Year.

So true but you know Jenna wants that award. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Pretty sure the scar and her neck don't matter about her being point at all..she performed at point in her group more than she performed inside the triangle..so there's that.

My point exactly. She's been front and center on more than one occasion. They obviously aren't ashamed of her scar.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I hope Jenna is honored this year. She earned a spot on the squad at 18. Many 18 year olds don't have the poise, maturity or experience to prove to the judges they're the whole package. She's been a great performer, leader and teammate for six years. 

There was another loooooooooooong lasting vet recently who I think even Kelli & Judy were sick and tired of.  She never saw a pro bowl, even when she stayed on the squad longer than almost anybody! (My grandmother always said fish, like company, stinks after three days. This vet definitely overstayed her welcome!)

i don't think anyone, including Kelli & Judy, are sick of Jenna.

26 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

That's exactly what I was thinking about when I posted that! We really must be related, we have to be. 

Its something we can all use eventually ?

I don't think we're allowed to be this happy on an official thread....we'll have to take this to small talk so we don't interrupt bigly huge talk.

• Love 2