Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

What is your opinion on the "more generously cut" shorts?

Mine is that the random, more generously cut shorts stood out WAY too much next to the skimpier cut shorts.  And as odd is this may sound, that the skimpier cur shorts were more flattering.  The bigger shorts made these perfectly darling girls with figures I can only dream of, look like they were trying to hide a figure flaw.  There was no reason on this good green earth to put Kelsey (of all people) in bigger shorts!  It was maybe supposed to be a subtle change, but it was glaringly obvious when you have a Jenna in her little shorts with the curve of her tushy peeking out, standing next to a Kelsey whose shorts have 2" more fabric on them.  It made Kelsey, Yuko, Tasha etc, look frumpy in comparison. Matronly!  And none of these girls are frumpy nor matronly by any stretch of the imagination.  

I may be the minority, but I like the smaller shorts! I'm not talking shorts that are more bikini bottom than shorts, mind you. (Although if I had their figures I'd want my shorts to be "shorter than my attention span"!)

In this photo you can see that the vets have just a slightly smaller short than the rookies.  Especially Yuko's -her shorts seem cut higher at the waist and longer in length, and it stands out. 

What do you think?

IMG_1903.PNG

Yeah I noticed that, too. Jenna's seem super narrow from waist to cuff ?

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

HAHAH!! Is butter a carb?

I'd go full-on step brothers and make some bunk beds for Holly and Madeline, so they have more room for activities.

Well if your makeshift bunk bed collapses on Holly and ends her dance career, we're not friends anymore.

• Love 3

You guys are absolutely killing me today!! i am sitting at my desk at work trying to turn my snorts into coughs, my coworkers probably think i'm coming down with something... 

As for Jenna's shorts, i think hers often look way shorter too because she has such long legs.  Like seriously, for how short she is she is ALL leg...kind of like Mia. 

• Love 6
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

You guys are absolutely killing me today!! i am sitting at my desk at work trying to turn my snorts into coughs, my coworkers probably think i'm coming down with something... 

As for Jenna's shorts, i think hers often look way shorter too because she has such long legs.  Like seriously, for how short she is she is ALL leg...kind of like Mia. 

Good way to segue into calling in sick for work tomorrow. You're welcome.

• Love 5

After looking at DCC photos, I think that Jenna's are shorter because she has been with the organization the longest.  There was definitely a period where the shorts were ultra short-low on the hip and high on the thigh.  I think they have been trying to give the girls a little more scoop in the waist and a teensy bit more length.  It gives them more coverage, if you get my drift, when they are photographed doing the kick line.?

But!  I need the shorts to all be consistent!  The same amount of coverage, while still flattering each girl's figure and proportions.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

In my head, Allie has been doomed since that screen shot of her on the giant board was printed last fall and someone commented that "That's a big cheerleader!"

That was Allie?  I always thought the "big cheerleader" comment was about Megan (which, BTW, I disagree with...hell I disagree that Allie is "big" too).

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

In my head, Allie has been doomed since that screen shot of her on the giant board was printed last fall and someone commented that "That's a big cheerleader!".  It's probable that they were talking about the fact that she was literally several yards wide, but in my head it opened the door on a little bit of doubt regarding her "hi def suitability"  Plus, I don't think K and J were ever really sold on her; all those comments about her being "boxy".

But, like I said, this is all in my head.  There's lots of weird stuff going on in there.

PS  Welcome back, Moni!  Now it feels like all is right with the world! 

Hey you! Thank ya! Hope you're well! 

I think I'd still change maybe one or two things with the world though lol..   

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I wonder if CMT is filming right now the new girls moving down to Dallas, getting settled in apartments, etc?? Or do you think they wait till after Memorial Day? that was part of the show I've always enjoyed, seeing them with their uhauls, moving into a new place with another girl on the squad...wondering to myself just how awkward it would be if a week in one of you is cut... (seriously, how DOES that work? does cut girl just decide to stay on for rest of summer to foot her part of rent??) 

And maybe this should go into Current DCC thread, but it was interesting that so many of the vets IG'd getting their uniforms back.  I don't remember seeing that before? I admit the material of the shorts and top look a lot prettier than i thought so close up. 

I noticed that as well, but the blue suitcases popped out at me.  Haven't they always been pink?  So maybe they're all excited for the new luggage too.

On housing...I thought it got  verified at one point or another that there's a bit of a short-term/corporate housing that's available to rent during TC?  When it was in Valley Ranch, the apartments looked older and the right age.  If the apartments we're seeing pop up look all fancy and new, it's because they all just got built this year and some haven't even opened yet.  The Star is just north of Legacy West, and IIRC studio apartments are starting at $1500.  For Plano.  It's bananas.  Or maybe the gals in TC just air b&b it one month at a time.

• Love 1

There's thousands of apartments in the DFW area. Finding something short notice wouldn't be as hard as we'd probably find it in our cities. I'd imagine they (Vets or K&J) have some connections as well and can recommend girls where the best places are for commute. 

(edited)
18 hours ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

What is your opinion on the "more generously cut" shorts?

Mine is that the random, more generously cut shorts stood out WAY too much next to the skimpier cut shorts.  And as odd is this may sound, that the skimpier cur shorts were more flattering.  The bigger shorts made these perfectly darling girls with figures I can only dream of, look like they were trying to hide a figure flaw.  There was no reason on this good green earth to put Kelsey (of all people) in bigger shorts!  It was maybe supposed to be a subtle change, but it was glaringly obvious when you have a Jenna in her little shorts with the curve of her tushy peeking out, standing next to a Kelsey whose shorts have 2" more fabric on them.  It made Kelsey, Yuko, Tasha etc, look frumpy in comparison. Matronly!  And none of these girls are frumpy nor matronly by any stretch of the imagination.  

I may be the minority, but I like the smaller shorts! I'm not talking shorts that are more bikini bottom than shorts, mind you. (Although if I had their figures I'd want my shorts to be "shorter than my attention span"!)

In this photo you can see that the vets have just a slightly smaller short than the rookies.  Especially Yuko's -her shorts seem cut higher at the waist and longer in length, and it stands out. 

What do you think?

IMG_1903.PNG

I believe I remember in one of the shows they referenced that they had three different patterns for the shorts depending on the curves of the girls.

just saw the episode last night for last season's fitting. They have 7 different belts based on the girl's curves.

Edited by Rosiemac

ALLL the people asking dcc to release Holly's solo have me laughing. Poor girl, they probably have footage and would have to splice it together so they don't show what happened.

15 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

ALLL the people asking dcc to release Holly's solo have me laughing. Poor girl, they probably have footage and would have to splice it together so they don't show what happened.

huh?  what happened?  I feel like I'm so behind

• Love 1
Just now, tobeyoungagain said:

huh?  what happened?  I feel like I'm so behind

Apparently her top came off during the performance 

I am fully anticipating a dramatic episode arc with Holly's top coming loose, tears of "oh, no, I hope the don't cut me," and then "oh, she's a pro, she's a trooper who knew what to do. Accidents happen. Make her point."

• Love 3

Thanks for the photo IDs!

All the shorts look pretty much the same to me in that pic. I wish they would make them all bigger. Somewhere out there is a photo of the current uniform and the two previous uniforms on mannequins next to each other. The current uniform looks out of balance  compared to the other two because the bottoms are so disproportionately small compared to the top.

If they raised the waist just a bit it would make a huge difference. That fact that there is more fabric going east to west than there is north to south is what makes their behinds look wider than they are.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Thanks for the photo IDs!

All the shorts look pretty much the same to me in that pic. I wish they would make them all bigger. Somewhere out there is a photo of the current uniform and the two previous uniforms on mannequins next to each other. The current uniform looks out of balance  compared to the other two because the bottoms are so disproportionately small compared to the top.

If they raised the waist just a bit it would make a huge difference. That fact that there is more fabric going east to west than there is north to south is what makes their behinds look wider than they are.

I think they need an inch or two higher at the waist and lower on the leg, too. Keeps them from looking diapery and raunchy when they kick or bend.

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Well...nice we're having weather. 

I'm interested to see if they're going to have training camp outside of the star since there's an indoor field in there as well. Maybe they'll do it outside just to see how the girls do with performing in the heat.

1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

Didn't they used to do a two hour premiere episode? Or am I imagining that? I can't stand that we have to wait until August! UUUGH!!!

Girl, I know this is the wrong thread but I gotta see updated pics of your DCC bathroom. If and when you can. I didn't know you had fatheads on there. Where did you find those? Taking this to small talk...

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Well...nice we're having weather. 

My car read 99F when I went to lunch today. It's getting humid, too. I used to dance just fine in that kind of weather. Now, I don't want to breathe in it.  I don't know how these girls don't melt in it with all that makeup.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

My car read 99F when I went to lunch today. It's getting humid, too. I used to dance just fine in that kind of weather. Now, I don't want to breathe in it.  I don't know how these girls don't melt in it with all that makeup.

i live in western PA and it's hotter here today than it is in Phoenix! crazy!! 

• Love 1
On 5/15/2017 at 9:10 PM, kalibean said:

Jenna really does have it going on! She's great here, freezing her tush off or no. And Amy T. <3 

I think Yuko looks just fine. Her appearances are probably more limited than some of the other gals, but I'm sure that's the case every year for a variety of women for a variety of reasons. She's pretty and seems to get the job done well enough! Morgan was my last weaker standout and she got cut for her second season, so Yuko must be doing something right. She might have fabulous kicks? 

I forgot about kicks this year. Christina looked like she made a point to show flexibility in her solo, so maybe we will get less whining this time around. 

Where can I watch Christina's solo?

Now with Finals over, what I most want is a new intro! Don't get me wrong, some of the previous DCC are amazing, but it's time for a new one. With Sydney gone, we are now 2 seasons (I think) where everyone in the intro is no longer on the show. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, NCDCCFan said:

Now with Finals over, what I most want is a new intro! Don't get me wrong, some of the previous DCC are amazing, but it's time for a new one. With Sydney gone, we are now 2 seasons (I think) where everyone in the intro is no longer on the show. 

INTRO PICKS!

I would think they'd use Jenna and Jinelle for sure. Too bad they didn't switch it up when Mary was there.

Talk about the dancers, not other posters especially those who are no longer here. It's the double whammy of off topic and a violation of be civil. Posts will be removed and if needs be warnings meted out. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Didn't they used to do a two hour premiere episode? Or am I imagining that? I can't stand that we have to wait until August! UUUGH!!!

Season 7 was the only year they had a two hour premiere.

I would love to see a two hour finals episode along with a two hour last episode. We are getting 13 episodes, so I hope CMT is shaking things up more in relations to not showing or hearing the same thing over and over again.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

I would love to see a two hour finals episode along with a two hour last episode. We are getting 13 episodes, so I hope CMT is shaking things up more in relations to not showing or hearing the same thing over and over again.

Exactly. It's just plain eye candy.

2 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

I can't keep my makeup and hair straight on a good day. I can't imagine what I would look like in 95 degree weather covered in sweat. 

Texas is horrible. I wear moisturizer, gel liner, mascara, and lip gloss  in summer. Also, my hair is frizz city because it's 1/2 curly and 1/2 wavy with a few straight pieces for good measure. Fun times.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Texas is horrible. I wear moisturizer, gel liner, mascara, and lip gloss  in summer. Also, my hair is frizz city because it's 1/2 curly and 1/2 wavy with a few straight pieces for good measure. Fun times.

I feel ya there. I got good ol Oklahoma humidity. Messy bun from March through September 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

They better not show anything! That would be more than inappropriate. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

They better not show anything! That would be more than inappropriate. 

Personally, I don't think they should even mention it. It just caters to the creepiest kind of fan. Just move along. Show more dancing instead. That's my mantra for the whole season. "Show more dancing, show more dancing, show more dancing." 

• Love 10

This is the photo I mentioned earlier. Today's shorts look almost comically small. They're literally half the size they used to be. I wasn't a fan of the v-cut, but it looks more proportional to me.

DCC Uniform Over Time.jpg

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

This is the photo I mentioned earlier. Today's shorts look almost comically small. They're literally half the size they used to be. I wasn't a fan of the v-cut, but it looks more proportional to me.

DCC Uniform Over Time.jpg

MOO (not that Kelly or Judy will ask LOL) is that I think the middle isn't too bad.  I like the length of the vee ones but not the actual vee, as I like the belt. But the ones on the left/current really looks like a pair of panties. And I just noticed that the belt is more than half the width of the panties. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

MOO (not that Kelly or Judy will ask LOL) is that I think the middle isn't too bad.  I like the length of the vee ones but not the actual vee, as I like the belt. But the ones on the left/current really looks like a pair of panties. And I just noticed that the belt is more than half the width of the panties. 

Oh god, it's the p word. I hate that word, panties. UGH. It's for me how moist is for everyone else. 

Anyway, on topic, I like how the shorts sit low, low, low on the general vicinity of the hips but not how they cut up practically into one's vagine. I think it's tacky. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

And only 44 taken to Training camp. Much better than last year's 48 girls. There were just so many girls cut from camp last year...

If I were K&J, I would be thinking what if someone drops out first week once they see the schedule??  I can't make up my mind between #44 and #45 on the list - maybe I should take both??  What if I find someone's nudie pix on Facebook and have to cut them??  I think I would rather have a larger pool to draw from.

• Love 2
(edited)

It's not Joi, and I don't think it's Chenise! So it must be Keyra! Funny side note

Keyra (if this is pronounced like K-EAR-uh then it's similar to Kira Ford, the yellow Dino Thunder Power Ranger! ?)

IMG_3498.JPG

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 2