Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I never really want anyone to get cut, but I just don't think Yuko can keep up with the team. She blends into the background and obviously is not a very good technical dancer.

21 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I never really want anyone to get cut, but I just don't think Yuko can keep up with the team. She blends into the background and obviously is not a very good technical dancer.

I agree. She is pretty, and seems very kind and sweet...but there is such a discrepancy between the skill levels when I watch her dance vs. the rest. 

• Love 2
On 4/24/2017 at 2:01 PM, LaurelleJ said:

I think the little heather will be safe. She's a powerful dancer and seems liked by the squad. Her surprise birthday was too cute. Maybe Selina is on the bubble because she just doesn't seem into it and the girls don't seem into her.  I know it's hard to judge from social media but it just seems like she is an outcast there. Does it still have to do with what happened with her group this year? Dunno. Then again, every year all vets go on the calendar shoot even know they may not make it back. why allow any vet to go on a calendar shoot if they know ahead of time they wouldn't want her back?

This exactly.  You all know I was happy to see Selina finally make the team.  She dances well in all of the game day clips I've seen, and I think that she brings a unique look to the squad.  I do not know what allegedly happened in Group 4, but the herd (and I hate to use this analogy when referring to young women) definitely seems to have outcast her.  When the Rookies post together on social media they rarely, if ever, seem to include Selina in their activities and posts.  I hope she has the confidence to put that aside and win everyone over to make the team again, but I am definitely worried for her.   I hope they all make it back.  For me, some that surprisingly (because they are all beautiful and strong performers) flew under the radar are Tess, Mandy, Milan, and Jessika.  I don't think that will hurt them because Jaxx and Claire were more low key presences as well, and they were team favorites.  

By the way, one of the candidates' Instagrams above led me to one young woman who should consider auditioning for the DCC in the future.  A multi-year Oklahoma State University Pom squad member who already works professionally in broadcast journalism, was named one of sixteen OSU Outstanding Seniors for her GPA and Campus Leadership, is currently Miss OSU 2017, is competing in the Miss Oklahoma pageant this month.  She appears to be the kind of put together, accomplished, and beautiful candidate the DCC looks for, so I hope she tries out in the future.  (https://www.instagram.com/juliabenbrook/?hl=en)  

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

So agree. I thought sexiness and confidence were basic requirements for any DCC. When Yuko "acts" sexy, it simply does not pass. It makes me feel ackward just looking at her. Obviously Kelli likes her but I will never understand why...

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, California Girl said:

This exactly.  You all know I was happy to see Selina finally make the team.  She dances well in all of the game day clips I've seen, and I think that she brings a unique look to the squad.  I do not know what allegedly happened in Group 4, but the herd (and I hate to use this analogy when referring to young women) definitely seems to have outcast her.  When the Rookies post together on social media they rarely, if ever, seem to include Selina in their activities and posts.  I hope she has the confidence to put that aside and win everyone over to make the team again, but I am definitely worried for her.   I hope they all make it back.  For me, some that surprisingly (because they are all beautiful and strong performers) flew under the radar are Tess, Mandy, Milan, and Jessika.  I don't think that will hurt them because Jaxx and Claire were more low key presences as well, and they were team favorites.  

By the way, one of the candidates' Instagrams above led me to one young woman who should consider auditioning for the DCC in the future.  A multi-year Oklahoma State University Pom squad member who already works professionally in broadcast journalism, was named one of sixteen OSU Outstanding Seniors for her GPA and Campus Leadership, is currently Miss OSU 2017, is competing in the Miss Oklahoma pageant this month.  She appears to be the kind of put together, accomplished, and beautiful candidate the DCC looks for, so I hope she tries out in the future.  (https://www.instagram.com/juliabenbrook/?hl=en)  

Great find! I loved her dance clips. She obviously has it all but unless she wants to have a career in dance or stay in cheerleading a bit longer, i don't see why she would choose the dcc over her broadcasting career. She might get exposure but if she is already working, she can't really give that up.

• Love 2

I will riot...or something of that nature if they keep her and she hasn't improved.

This might go better in Unpopular Opinions but I'm saying it anyway.

I like Yuko. No, she doesn't drip sexiness or have the big blonde hair/blue eyes. I think of her more as sporty than Barbie pink lipstick/fake eyelashes and there are men who do like sporty. She's not on social media all the time, either. I guess I like her because she IS different than the average DCC.

I haven't seen much of her dancing outside of what we saw in Season 11 so I can't judge if she's really as bad as so many seem to think she is.

I honestly believe if she is really bad at auditions, they'd cut her from the team. The judges tend to tell it like it is.

And if she is bad they should cut her. We'll find out soon enough.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Great find! I loved her dance clips. She obviously has it all but unless she wants to have a career in dance or stay in cheerleading a bit longer, i don't see why she would choose the dcc over her broadcasting career. She might get exposure but if she is already working, she can't really give that up.

That young woman appears to meet every DCC criteria perfectly.  Even if she never auditions, her Instagram page is a great example of how a DCC candidate should curate their social media presence if they want to audition successfully.  There are clips of her in dance classes, leading an OSU Pom prep class, performing on the court at basketball games, doing a jump split, and singing the National Anthem at a baseball game.  But just as importantly, she goes out of her way to post accomplished and professional moments like broadcast interviews, a speech before the OSU Board of Trustees, an awards ceremony for Outstanding Seniors, duties as Miss OSU, and volunteer work in the community.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

This might go better in Unpopular Opinions but I'm saying it anyway.

I like Yuko. No, she doesn't drip sexiness or have the big blonde hair/blue eyes. I think of her more as sporty than Barbie pink lipstick/fake eyelashes and there are men who do like sporty. She's not on social media all the time, either. I guess I like her because she IS different than the average DCC.

I haven't seen much of her dancing outside of what we saw in Season 11 so I can't judge if she's really as bad as so many seem to think she is.

I honestly believe if she is really bad at auditions, they'd cut her from the team. The judges tend to tell it like it is.

And if she is bad they should cut her. We'll find out soon enough.

As i'm looking for every opportunity to remind people I don't like Yuko, I just want to say that I have nothing against her. Generally, i can't "hate" on any girl who makes the team -not even my other favorite, Cassie- because whether she deserves the spot or not, it's not an offer you can turn down. She might be an amazing person, i don't know her so I can't judge that. However, even though they had nothing but good things to say about her, we barely saw her dancing in tcc, in the few clips of her we could find online she is doing a terrible (again, compared to the other dccs not in general) job, she couldn't even speak the language even though doing appearances and holding conversations with "important people" is supposedly a big part of being a dcc, AND she was allowed to miss practice. I don't think i'm forgetting anything, but not even Kelli herself will ever convince me that Yuko earned her spot. I actually think that Cassie deserved her spot way more-and i definitely think that Cassie got in thanks to her mom.

and btw, i can't really "shame" the girls who use social media. This is actually part of the job and at the same time, one of the perks of their job. They gain thousands of followers which means that they get to make money from it. There are some girls who are taking it too far and they end up looking self absorbed but honestly? Many young,extremely good looking girls go through this "phase" so i get it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

If she had something else going for her then I could understand. I guess it's to fill the Asian quota? And she's from Japan so the international quota? I hope there's a decent Asian auditionee this year! If not, they're sure to keep her.

Yuko isn't going anywhere. I doubt Selina, Mandy, Heather, and Tasha are either. I don't even recall Jessika. I did wonder about Kelsey, but I think she'll stick. Selina is the only one who really seems on the bubble, just based on last year's auditions, but I hope she makes it back.

(edited)
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

As i'm looking for every opportunity to remind people I don't like Yuko, I just want to say that I have nothing against her. Generally, i can't "hate" on any girl who makes the team -not even my other favorite, Cassie- because whether she deserves the spot or not, it's not an offer you can turn down. She might be an amazing person, i don't know her so I can't judge that. However, even though they had nothing but good things to say about her, we barely saw her dancing in tcc, in the few clips of her we could find online she is doing a terrible (again, compared to the other dccs not in general) job, she couldn't even speak the language even though doing appearances and holding conversations with "important people" is supposedly a big part of being a dcc, AND she was allowed to miss practice. I don't think i'm forgetting anything, but not even Kelli herself will ever convince me that Yuko earned her spot. I actually think that Cassie deserved her spot way more-and i definitely think that Cassie got in thanks to her mom.

and btw, i can't really "shame" the girls who use social media. This is actually part of the job and at the same time, one of the perks of their job. They gain thousands of followers which means that they get to make money from it. There are some girls who are taking it too far and they end up looking self absorbed but honestly? Many young,extremely good looking girls go through this "phase" so i get it.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And that's totally cool.

Maybe Jerry Jones did get some huge contribution for the Star Center from an Asian investor that insisted they hire a Japanese cheerleader or they'd pull their funding. I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't see Yuko as being a terrible dancer but that's just my (again unpopular) opinion. I thought she did very well at auditions. She did NOT do well in that one drum line-type dance by the guest choreo I didn't like ("I can tell by the way you move if you're going to make the team or not..."). And I would never say she's the best dancer in the room, either. But I don't see her as flat out terrible either. 

If she'd missed practice for something trivial then yes, I'd cry favoritism. But there was a snag with her visa and she had to go fix it or leave TC because she was no longer eligible to work in the US. She didn't miss practice because of some weird "I got a ticket in a construction zone but got a warning that I threw away" dream sequence like someone else we know.

You make a good point about the language issue. However, I'd like to think (and hope) she's gotten better since TC.

I don't think I was "shaming" any of the girls for using social media. If I did, that wasn't my intention. If they want to do it, fine. The ones who go flat out overboard do get on my nerves at times because it's like, geez, do you have to post every five minutes? I didn't know, however, that social media interaction was actually part of the job as a DCC. That's a new one to me.

Nobody asked me but the year I thought Cassie definitely shouldn't have made it was her last season. She couldn't dance worth a hoot because of her injury and she gained weight. She's the only DCC I've ever know that could pick and choose what games she wanted to perform in ("Cassie had decided to pull herself out of the game"). That year was the year they had 39 cheerleaders and I think they only had 37 lockers?

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Agree with most of what you're saying about Yuko @ATLGirl, but as far as Cassie goes, I think it's a stretch to suggest that she was arbitrarily pulling herself out of performances. She had an invasive knee surgery earlier in that year, which takes time to recover from. I'm fairly certain that any girl on the team who has had a gnarly injury/surgery is probably allowed to pull out of performances if their body isn't up to it. K&J aren't going to force injured girls to dance. Cassie also isn't the only girl who has made it back onto the team with an injury. Four years of service to the DCC imo is reason enough to let her have her fifth year, injury or no injury. The judges would have done the same for any other four year vet.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Agree with most of what you're saying about Yuko @ATLGirl, but as far as Cassie goes, I think it's a stretch to suggest that she was arbitrarily pulling herself out of performances. She had an invasive knee surgery earlier in that year, which takes time to recover from. I'm fairly certain that any girl on the team who has had a gnarly injury/surgery is probably allowed to pull out of performances if their body isn't up to it. K&J aren't going to force injured girls to dance. Cassie also isn't the only girl who has made it back onto the team with an injury. Four years of service to the DCC imo is reason enough to let her have her fifth year, injury or no injury. The judges would have done the same for any other four year vet.

Maybe. I don't recall another vet being injured to the extent she was being allowed back at the start of a season. Not saying there hasn't been but she's the only one I can remember (and my memory definitely isn't perfect). Maybe Brooke Sorensen?

I personally think being a vet shouldn't give you a pass to having a fifth year if you aren't physically able to do the job and I don't think the judges would have done it for just any four-year vet. Again, just my opinion.

Aside from that, I think the previous seasons she was a pretty good dancer and earned her spot on the team. Her ability to laugh at herself and not take things too seriously did impress me.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Maybe. I don't recall another vet being injured to the extent she was being allowed back at the start of a season. Not saying there hasn't been but she's the only one I can remember (and my memory definitely isn't perfect). Maybe Brooke Sorensen?

I personally think being a vet shouldn't give you a pass to having a fifth year if you aren't physically able to do the job and I don't think the judges would have done it for just any four-year vet. Again, just my opinion.

Aside from that, I think the previous seasons she was a pretty good dancer and earned her spot on the team. Her ability to laugh at herself and not take things too seriously did impress me.

What exactly were the circumstances of Brooke's injury?  I thought she got hurt IN TC and was allowed to continue anyway since it was close to the end.  (Sorry I couldn't figure out how to migrate this to former dcc w/o going off topic over there). Someone mentioned Jessika somewhere upthread...only time I really remember her was (I think) in the locker room preparing for gameday..

Edited by DCCFanInKy

Brooke was injured during TC in Season 2. She was at a Show Group practice, and a girl next to her went too early or too late in the jump split causing Brooke's knee injury. I think she came back to the team in November around Thanksgiving. The only problem I can see with Cassie is the possibility of her knee going out on her which leads to someone else being injured especially in the kick line/jump split. She did almost injured someone while they were practicing for the breast cancer awareness performance. Jay did make a good point about if this was a girl trying out for the first time would have given her the same consideration. Danielle was almost cut from the team because of her foot injury. The judges thought she looked soft and was not giving it her all. In my opinion, she was brought back because Kelli looks her so much and for the flack they would have taken if she was cut after Cassie was brought back with her knee injury. Of course, she was almost cut due to weight gain and her possible association with a certain you know who one year vet who was cut not too long afterwards. Danielle was called into the office, but it was not shown. She was also called into the office in Season 9, but the scene was not shown.

6 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Unfortunately I think they are b@lls deep in Yuko and won't cut her

Thanks for this and for reminding me I pee a little when I laugh hysterically ? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Nobody asked me but the year I thought Cassie definitely shouldn't have made it was her last season. She couldn't dance worth a hoot because of her injury and she gained weight. She's the only DCC I've ever know that could pick and choose what games she wanted to perform in ("Cassie had decided to pull herself out of the game"). That year was the year they had 39 cheerleaders and I think they only had 37 lockers?

That was also the year that while on the USO Tour she would run off the back of the stage during Thunderstruck because she couldn't do a jump split. Why was she on the tour if she couldn't perform?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

She may have improved her dance over the years but she was never a good dancer in any sense. I suppose there have been girls who were let on with memory issues (Morgan, Emily Claire). But Cassie just flat out sucked at dancing and never should have made the team in the first place. Kelli went all hostile on KD telling her she couldn't dance at all, which wasn't true but Cassie got a free pass for being Judy's daughter. 

(edited)
10 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. And that's totally cool.

Maybe Jerry Jones did get some huge contribution for the Star Center from an Asian investor that insisted they hire a Japanese cheerleader or they'd pull their funding. I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't see Yuko as being a terrible dancer but that's just my (again unpopular) opinion. I thought she did very well at auditions. She did NOT do well in that one drum line-type dance by the guest choreo I didn't like ("I can tell by the way you move if you're going to make the team or not..."). And I would never say she's the best dancer in the room, either. But I don't see her as flat out terrible either. 

If she'd missed practice for something trivial then yes, I'd cry favoritism. But there was a snag with her visa and she had to go fix it or leave TC because she was no longer eligible to work in the US. She didn't miss practice because of some weird "I got a ticket in a construction zone but got a warning that I threw away" dream sequence like someone else we know.

You make a good point about the language issue. However, I'd like to think (and hope) she's gotten better since TC.

I don't think I was "shaming" any of the girls for using social media. If I did, that wasn't my intention. If they want to do it, fine. The ones who go flat out overboard do get on my nerves at times because it's like, geez, do you have to post every five minutes? I didn't know, however, that social media interaction was actually part of the job as a DCC. That's a new one to me.

But still, they aren't allowed to miss even one practice. And Jinelle was so stressed out because she said that she had to take care of her visa before tcc starts,meaning that a multi-year vet wasn't allowed to miss even the first day of camp while a new girl was allowed to miss at least one practice. I thought that Yuko didn't have a work visa at all, not that she had to renew it which was even worse. And as for the language, again: when did they ever say "she's a terrible communicator/an ambassador risk but we will let her improve"? All the other girls are supposed to be great ambassadors and prove it and Kelli has said a million times now that there are girls who are cut because of this. So no matter how nice Yuko is and whether you are a fan of her dancing, this is preferential treatment. That's why i'm so against her making the team because as with Cassie, she was given a pass for things that would send even a veteran home. There are many dccs who for me shouldn't be on the team (most of them were girls who eventually got cut too), but I will never be so against them making the team because I get that those girls are supposed to look good (look and dance wise) to different people with probably a different taste than me. But I would be just as harsh if one of my faves got a pass as rookies-or even if Erica came back after a normally career ending injury just like Cassie and risked other girls as well. And I love Erica.

btw who was the one with the ticket? I don't remember anyone missing practice apart from Kaitlin so was that her? 

Oh and btw no2 the "no shaming for social media use" part was for me. I meant that I don't want to judge girls on that so I couldn't agree that Yuko refraining from social media was a good thing (or a bad thing tbh).

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 1

The best part of that video is when Yuko almost kicks the girl who's sitting on the floor on her phone. And then the girl decides it's in her best interest to scoot off screen. Haha. 

Also, Yuko was still underwhelming to me, but she has great hair!

• Love 2

I think it's pretty screwed up if you get  injured on DCC's time and aren't put on injured reserve while you heal, so to speak. It super sucks when it's during auditions but I appreciate the rights of management to keep those with proven history with the team on as they recover, especially if they're projected to be back to 100% within the season. 

I thought Cassie was questionable her rookie year during auditions, but she seemed to be just fine once she got some age and experience on her.  The best, probably not, but she was competitive and her tumbling had some value for show group. I liked that we saw some bitchy sides to her too - no team with that many people are sunshine and bunnies 24/7.

13 episodes? Yay!

• Love 7
13 hours ago, cashandprizes said:

That was also the year that while on the USO Tour she would run off the back of the stage during Thunderstruck because she couldn't do a jump split. Why was she on the tour if she couldn't perform?

Was she running off stage because she couldn't do the jump split, or because several of them weaved in an out of performances so they could change wardrobe, etc. USO tours have a lot of costume changes, and girls sneak in and out all the time. You really have to watch to notice it, but in the videos of that last tour with Cassie, several of them do this. 

• Love 6

DCC Mandy cut her hair. I would link but she has a private instagram. It's about the length of Amy's. I can see them pairing up Mandy, Amy, potential Christina, and potential Jenny during semi's if the two of them make it. All short hair blondes now

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

DCC Mandy cut her hair. I would link but she has a private instagram. It's about the length of Amy's. I can see them pairing up Mandy, Amy, potential Christina, and potential Jenny during semi's if the two of them make it. All short hair blondes now

This is a good decision by Mandy.

Although she is a great performer (I saw her at Oxnard) and was an early standout in making Show Group, Mandy sort of disappeared for me during the regular season; she blended into the background behind some of her teammates with either stronger personalities or more innate appeal.

The shorter hair cut should help her pop into the forefront again.

3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Was she running off stage because she couldn't do the jump split, or because several of them weaved in an out of performances so they could change wardrobe, etc. USO tours have a lot of costume changes, and girls sneak in and out all the time. You really have to watch to notice it, but in the videos of that last tour with Cassie, several of them do this. 

True, but I know the performance she's talking about. She leaves the stage when they're doing the circles into the kickline. 

5 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think it's pretty screwed up if you get  injured on DCC's time and aren't put on injured reserve while you heal, so to speak. It super sucks when it's during auditions but I appreciate the rights of management to keep those with proven history with the team on as they recover, especially if they're projected to be back to 100% within the season. 

I thought Cassie was questionable her rookie year during auditions, but she seemed to be just fine once she got some age and experience on her.  The best, probably not, but she was competitive and her tumbling had some value for show group. I liked that we saw some bitchy sides to her too - no team with that many people are sunshine and bunnies 24/7.

13 episodes? Yay!

Completely agreed. I totally get that mileage varies, but I don't understand the thinking that a veteran who gets injured (on company time) should be cut if she's not 100% at tryouts.  Maybe I'm thinking of this more from a broader work perspective, but here's how I see it. If you wanna give your workers/dancers/etc the message that you don't give a damn about them, that's the type of thing you do. It would be a slap in the face IMO. And yes, I think it would have looked terrible on K&J had Danielle actually been cut 2 weeks after she cut her foot open. Now, if there are other reasons for the cut, fine, or if it's an injury, that's going to be an all year thing, that's a different as well. I could even see giving a vet until the end of training camp to recover, but a cut at tryouts is just a bad look IMO. 

• Love 4

Dear CMT powers-that-be, please please pretty please do NOT show any girl throwing up or losing bladder control. What's next, showing a girl so nervous they poop their pants? Please keep all bodily functions off camera. Thank you!

Oh, but PLEASE feature longer and more of those DCC Barbie award winning solos! 

• Love 5

I think the chairs are too stripperish. No reason someone needs a chair to do a good dance.

I get that taking vets back who are injured due to performing or rehearsing for DCC is the right thing most times. But my issue with Cassie wasn't her last season and I couldn't care less about how she comes across on social media nowadays. She was a massive bitch on the show, a horrid dancer, and not attractive. No other reason she made it other than being Judy's daughter. She never earned it. 

• Love 2
On 5/4/2017 at 6:02 AM, dreamcatcher said:

But still, they aren't allowed to miss even one practice. And Jinelle was so stressed out because she said that she had to take care of her visa before tcc starts,meaning that a multi-year vet wasn't allowed to miss even the first day of camp while a new girl was allowed to miss at least one practice. I thought that Yuko didn't have a work visa at all, not that she had to renew it which was even worse. And as for the language, again: when did they ever say "she's a terrible communicator/an ambassador risk but we will let her improve"? All the other girls are supposed to be great ambassadors and prove it and Kelli has said a million times now that there are girls who are cut because of this. So no matter how nice Yuko is and whether you are a fan of her dancing, this is preferential treatment. That's why i'm so against her making the team because as with Cassie, she was given a pass for things that would send even a veteran home. There are many dccs who for me shouldn't be on the team (most of them were girls who eventually got cut too), but I will never be so against them making the team because I get that those girls are supposed to look good (look and dance wise) to different people with probably a different taste than me. But I would be just as harsh if one of my faves got a pass as rookies-or even if Erica came back after a normally career ending injury just like Cassie and risked other girls as well. And I love Erica.

btw who was the one with the ticket? I don't remember anyone missing practice apart from Kaitlin so was that her? 

Oh and btw no2 the "no shaming for social media use" part was for me. I meant that I don't want to judge girls on that so I couldn't agree that Yuko refraining from social media was a good thing (or a bad thing tbh).

Yes, the traffic ticket was for Kaitlin La Grand(e?). Whenever I watch that episode, I wince because it's so obvious Katilin is lying and coming down from some kind of high. I think we learned later that her then boyfriend was a bad influence. I'm hopeful she learned from it and has gone on to better things.

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on Yuko. I see what you're saying and respect it, even if I disagree with it.

If she falls on her face at auditions this year, can't speak any English still and yet gets the green light for Training Camp, it will be patently clear someone's making sure she stays around and that is all sorts of WRONG.

On 5/3/2017 at 5:58 PM, Oklahomama said:

13 episodes?! Is this real life? ?

Playing catch up on here because it's finals week in grad school. I have been waiting for this since season ! My only hope is that they don't try to convince us that they do the calendar shoot during training camp.  I love the extended season and I hope it continues! So excited! 

On 5/3/2017 at 6:13 PM, dccfan37 said:

Brennan has officially announced she is auditioning!

Awesome! Brennan was one of my favorite candidates! I hope she worked on her field presence because that's where she lost it last season. 

On 5/3/2017 at 2:48 PM, California Girl said:

I worry that Selina will get the Ann Lux treatment from Charlotte. "She is so concerned with choreography and getting it right that she isn't entertaining to watch, and that's where it counts." 

21 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Yes, the traffic ticket was for Kaitlin La Grand(e?). Whenever I watch that episode, I wince because it's so obvious Katilin is lying and coming down from some kind of high. I think we learned later that her then boyfriend was a bad influence. I'm hopeful she learned from it and has gone on to better things.

Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree on Yuko. I see what you're saying and respect it, even if I disagree with it.

If she falls on her face at auditions this year, can't speak any English still and yet gets the green light for Training Camp, it will be patently clear someone's making sure she stays around and that is all sorts of WRONG.

I think people are hypercritical of a few girls on here. Yuko, Tasha, and Kelsey all get lot of criticism.  I like them all! 

Kaitlin has a mugshot out there post DCC... lol 

• Love 3

I divide the current DCC Rookies into those who will certainly make it no matter how strong the competition is, and then everyone else.  

Those who will certainly make it include Heather O., Kelli, Maddie, and Maggie.  Perhaps Cersten as well.  Everyone else had, as they say, better bring their A game.

On 4/28/2017 at 2:29 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

Didn't she get cut from a "lesser, less known / less competitive" group though?  I put it in quotes to semi-refer to how K+J always talk about how DCC is the end all be all of standards.  What are her chances of making DCC if she got cut from whatever team she was on?

She was on the Houston Texans and I consider them a known team. I understand your point of view but she would not be the first DCC to make the team after being cut from a less popular squad...would she? I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt maybe she was having an off day the day of try-outs.  As the saying goes..."one man's trash is another man's treasure."

On 5/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Tbh I can't see them justifying any cuts this year. Maybe for weight gain but so far no vet seems to have put on weight-Mandy a little bit that she probably lost already but still, she was showgroup and they love her so she might get the megan treatment. And I could see them saying that Kelsey didn't improve because they don't seem very fond of her. And if they were completely objective, Yuko would get cut too-and yes I'm a "hater" but it's obvious that she can't keep up with the other dccs dance-wise.

This.

On 5/4/2017 at 9:48 AM, sleepyjean said:

I hate to see so much piling on of Yuko when we really know very little about her situation.

Exactly. There's literally only social media and even that is misleading.

• Love 1

This is why I do not go by social media videos or pictures to address if a girl and/or vet will make or stay on the team. I go by what happens at finals. Yes, we may get a small picture on how the girls perform at finals, but to me this is where the making the team hits the field. A person can do fine in the dance classes or prep classes, but once she hits the field, she may become a miss instead of a hit. Veterans have to bring their A++ performance to finals, or they may end up saying goodbye. Simone did look soft in her swimsuit calendar shoot pictures. Yuko may struggle do her understand English well enough to perform as a veterans is expected to. I admit there are a few girls I do not care for in relations to being a DCC. I have little say so in who makes the team. I can cheer or jeer at certain girls, but after all is said and done, I wish all the girls the best for their DCC career and personal life.

I'm basing Yuko's dance ability on what we see on the show, and what we see on the show is not of the same caliber as the other DCC. Yuko is beautiful, poised, in shape, and seems like a lovely person. The language difficulties aren't that big of a deal to me, especially with a translator, and other girls to keep some jackass from trying to make her look stupid (they do encounter such jackassery quite frequently, which is why Kelli is so adamant about them being well spoken, up on current events, etc.). Yuko is intelligent and knows what she wants to say, but just needs a little help with the language barrier.

Now all that said, she doesn't dance like the other girls. However, dance ability is so subjective, and not the single factor in making the team. No doubt there's some other connection that pushed her through, and I wish they'd just admit that. Nepotism happens. It isn't fair, but it happens everywhere, every day. Yuko probably knows she had some help, too, but overall, this is a part time dance job. It's prestigious, and we'd all like to do it, but in the end, nobody dies if they don't make it.

I doubt if Yuko will stay for the full five years, but they'll tell her if she's at risk for being cut and let her resign first. They didn't. She'll be back this fall.

• Love 4