Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Thanks, PrincessLeia!

Guess away game hanky-panky probably didn't contribute to the no fraternizing rule, but something did. Guidelines are usually applied and updated in response to unfavorable actions, or to prevent unfavorable publicity. Anyway, it was just origin source speculating! :)

Edited by KatebytheSea
5 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

No. No cheerleaders ever travel with the team to away games. The only exceptions being the London game a few years ago, the hall of fame game this year, and if the Cowboys were ever to make it to the Super Bowl. Even then, they do not  take the entire team. Show group and a few special vets went to London. It looks like most vets went to HOF. Super Bowl has a limit... I forget the number.

32 I believe 

16 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

No. No cheerleaders ever travel with the team to away games. The only exceptions being the London game a few years ago, the hall of fame game this year, and if the Cowboys were ever to make it to the Super Bowl. Even then, they do not  take the entire team. Show group and a few special vets went to London. It looks like most vets went to HOF. Super Bowl has a limit... I forget the number.

The only away games that have had limited numbers are London & Hall of Fame, London mainly because Jacksonville was the home team and their team took the field, DCC was their for promotional purposes. American Bowls & Super Bowls have included the entire squad. The cheerleaders don't travel because most other teams have their own squads. The only other game the DCC traveled to was against San Diego in 1989 before they had cheerleaders and the entire squad went. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

The only away games that have had limited numbers are London & Hall of Fame. Super Bowls have included the entire squad. The cheerleaders don't travel because most other teams have their own squads. The only other game the DCC traveled to was against San Diego in 1989 before they had cheerleaders and the entire squad went. 

Oh cool..... I read on here last fall that the NFL limited the number of cheerleaders going to the SB! That's awesome that they'd all get to go when the Cowboys go in February!!!! 

27 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

32 I believe 

wow.. wonder who/how they determine which 4 won't go to the superbowl. Do they at least get  ticket to watch/support from the stands?

Edited by sATL
1 minute ago, sATL said:

wow.. wonder who they determine which 4 won't go to the superbowl. Do they at least get  ticket to watch/support from the stands?

I think whoever posted before said they'd all GO, just that there's a limit to how many could be on the field. Not sure how they do it but I could imagine they're have to do groups differently since both teams would have their squads there. @ShellyB, is 32 still the number on field that you know of? 

26 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think whoever posted before said they'd all GO, just that there's a limit to how many could be on the field. Not sure how they do it but I could imagine they're have to do groups differently since both teams would have their squads there. @ShellyB, is 32 still the number on field that you know of? 

Well...SB XXVII -40 DCC on the team, 39 went  and all danced, SB XXVIII - 34 on the team and all went & danced. SB XXX -we had 36 on the squad and we all went & danced on the field. It wouldn't be in K & J's nature to take all to SB if they couldn't perform...injuries aside. 

Our more recent SB appearances had each perspective team staying  on their side of the field. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

If Holly was still on the team there would be picture proof and not radio silence from her. She snapchatted all kinds of stuff from training camp last year, waiting outside for the girls after their office talks. The silence on her social media speaks wonders about Holly, and I absolutely love Holly so that's not a put down of her.

Didn't Shelly confirm through the list of the team being revealed that Erica and Holly are no longer there?

7 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

as if you couldn't love Lauren more.. ugh yay! Look at that power ??

No matter how many times I watch the performances, Im always blown away about how they can keep performing like that for hours on end. Hubby went to a DC game last year and he told me that he was shocked/impressed about how the girls were constantly performing ie during any breaks the girls were out on the field dancing their behinds off (his words). 

• Love 1

Random, but I was looking at Amy's instagram and came across this video, and she really is such an underrated dancer. I get that she may not be the most glamorous but the girl can dance!!! Glad that she's a second group leader this year. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Holly didn't get a Barbie this year for her solo:

Awards were presented in the following categories: Artistic Excellence, Wow Factor, and the Make Us Smile. The very deserving winners were DCC veterans Amy, Cersten, Erica, Heather, KaShara, Lacey, Maggie and Milan. Three rookie hopefuls also took home a DCC Barbie: Gina, Erin and Brianna.

http://www.5pointsblue.com/dcc-hands-awards-excellence/?sf88525776=1

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MamaV said:

Does anyone know how viewers outside the USA can watch this show?  Can't access CMT or American cable networks...thanks!

I don't have cable or CMT.  I watch this on Terrirum TV which is an android app that runs on a computer, an android TV, or Amazon Firestick.  

4 hours ago, MimiC said:

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Hunter Blackwell?   I know she had tried out for DCC and made the Mavs Dancers. She went to Miami but hasn't posted if she made the Dolphins Dancers. I see Whitney made it. 

She made Dolphins Cheerleader and seemed very excited.  She moved to Miami and about a week before the first scrimmage she quit the team!  She said it just was not her dream.  I cannot believe she quit after earning a spot from someone else who would have loved it.  I cannot admire quitters.  She said her dream was Golden Warrior cheerleader.  She missed their tryouts this year.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

BTW not all full time NYC dance jobs are union scale with a pension/insurance. For the ones that are, you have to actually be working to contribute, and most dance jobs are seasonal or for a few day or month runs. Six performances a week for years is still pretty rare. 

Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Nevada is where the good dance jobs are.  Unfortunately, the average mean wage is not reported.

https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes272031.htm

Edited by SimplePleasures
1 minute ago, KatebytheSea said:

Well, I'm still hoping Holly will be on the squad, somehow. The team will be great without her, but I would just hate for her to have gone out in a bad way, if it's all true. 

well she was obviously required to be off social media until todays airing so maybe that is a good sign

• Love 2
Just now, HollyFan said:

well she was obviously required to be off social media until todays airing so maybe that is a good sign

I don't see how she'd be required to be off SM, more likely her own decision.

• Love 2

Holy smokes. I just read through 11 forum pages to catch up, and I'm feeling shocked, confused, scandalized, and ready to find out what the hell really is going on down there in Texas! #Exhausted. 

Now my wait for episode 3 to appear on CMT's website or iTunes. I know some cuts in this episode will make me teary. ?

• Love 5

So Tasha gained weight, bombed her interview, and wasnt strong but Heather got cut.... i think Charlotte didn't like her.

Allie.... sigh. There is always one.

And briana. There is no appeal there for me. Her look is not dcc, her dancing is bland, and her kicks are low. I thought she was going to be impressive but nope.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

So Tasha gained weight, bombed her interview, and wasnt strong but Heather got cut.... i think Charlotte didn't like her.

Allie.... sigh. There is always one.

And briana. There is no appeal there for me. Her look is not dcc, her dancing is bland, and her kicks are low. I thought she was going to be impressive but nope.

What do you mean about Allie?

• Love 1
Just now, Smplsimon said:

What do you mean about Allie?

She looked super out of shape. Worse than the rest. And she already had a odd body shape. I hate that she has to work 4 times as hard but it was crazy noticable on her. Like breelan and Caila and jenna. One girl every season.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

All rules and guidelines have their beginning somewhere. A lot of the players have wives and families, and not all wives look like DCCs, especially after a couple of kids! With the players and cheerleaders on the road a lot with away games and all, there probably was fraternizing. As the DCC brand was evolving and "America's Sweethearts" came into play, keeping the scandal of married players and unmarried cheerleaders apart became a rule. Internet and social media makes scandals even worse. And since its too difficult to separate "married" and "unmarried" players, the rule became DCCs don't mix, fraternize or contact players.

No offense but this is a huge pile of bullshit.

if you are married, do not have sex with someone who is not your wife. It is actually super simple.

• Love 5

Did katelyn make it or not? It seemed that she was taken positively in the deliberations. And some other candidates rookies and veterans - who had so many negative comments about them and still made training camp. I'm honestly quite confused! Actually really confused. They let go of some good people in place of some lackluster ones. #SMH 

Edited by MelTexGirl
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

No offense but this is a huge pile of bullshit.

if you are married, do not have sex with someone who is not your wife. It is actually super simple.

I'm sure most people wouldn't get offended at someone calling their post "crap." Anyway, its unfortunate humans rarely go with the "super simple" solution to matrimonial bliss, as US divorce rates attest. 

Anyway, back on topic...?

Edited by KatebytheSea

I posted this on the episode thread but I'll repost it here because I'm just so annoyed with this episode

Briana: has the LOWEST kicks ever. Literally 90 degrees. Has a blah Interview. No personality. And gets in

Tasha. They make a comment on her weight, she screws up the interview, her solo is eh, and SHE makes it into TC

Katelyn: LSU girl, they have nothing but good things to say about her. Killer solo. They just want to fix her hair. She doesn't make it

Heather H: no comments on interview. AMAZING solo that the judges made comments on in deliberation. The only thing was she messed up the kick line but only on the first count. Her kicks are def a little low but that's it. And yet she doesn't make it and Tasha does?????

• Love 18

Tasha must have some dirt on Kelli or something.  I have NEVER understood how she made it -- not only into training camp, but into show group!!!

And as to Briana, it seems that Kelli often becomes fixated on some total loser that she thinks she can nonetheless transform into a DCC.  The organization really needs to stop her from doing that -- it just wastes those poor girls' time and at the same time reveals just how poor Kelli's judgment is.  Kali Fullerton is another example.  

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

I posted this on the episode thread but I'll repost it here because I'm just so annoyed with this episode

Briana: has the LOWEST kicks ever. Literally 90 degrees. Has a blah Interview. No personality. And gets in

Tasha. They make a comment on her weight, she screws up the interview, her solo is eh, and SHE makes it into TC

Katelyn: LSU girl, they have nothing but good things to say about her. Killer solo. They just want to fix her hair. She doesn't make it

Heather H: no comments on interview. AMAZING solo that the judges made comments on in deliberation. The only thing was she messed up the kick line but only on the first count. Her kicks are def a little low but that's it. And yet she doesn't make it and Tasha does?????

This!!! I honestly feel the same way! I was so shocked that Katelyn didn't make it!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ShellyB said:

American Bowls & Super Bowls have included the entire squad

I'm really glad to hear that, with the Cowboys being so close to the Super Bowl last year I was so sad at the thought of any DCC not being able to go and cheer with the others - it would be crazy hard to be singled out that way.  Hopefully they'll all be together there this year though ?

• Love 1

Tasha has the "DCC look" so she's in unless she scrawls "Cowboys Suck" in pink lipstick all over the Star. 

I was eh on Yuko last year, but she seems to have pulled her ish together. 

Hate saying this because I'm the same shape as Allie, but girl, you know what 5-7 pounds looks like on us shorties. 

Please someone correct me, but didn't Holly choreograph  Jenna and someone else's routines? I'm old and can't remember the chatter a few months ago. 

Gina irks me (as someone said earlier, she reminds me of Beverly Mithchell from 7th Heaven and I have irrational hate for that show so that could be the reason). 

Glad to see Kelsey do well in her interview and made fun of herself before the panel did (again...)

Briana seems way to immature to be on the team; hopefully she'll do a Maddie and come back more mature and polished. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't see how she'd be required to be off SM, more likely her own decision.

And it is on her instagram which is not her dcc twitter.  Maybe the dcc do not get their passwords for twitter since Kelsey (retired), which means the dcc media group just needs to change the password to stop the cheerleaders from posting when something happens.  I really want to know what that something is.  I feel Holly & the judges handled the top incident with grace.  Holly came back with better kicks and was the 1st into training camp.  This is definitely going to be interesting. 

Just now, Teresa said:

Has the team even been announced yet?! Why the hell do we not know who's been cut from TC yet? Anyone???

Shelly has already posted who made it.  It was discussed extensively in the last few pages.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Tasha must have some dirt on Kelli or something.  I have NEVER understood how she made it -- not only into training camp, but into show group!!!

And as to Briana, it seems that Kelli often becomes fixated on some total loser that she thinks she can nonetheless transform into a DCC.  The organization really needs to stop her from doing that -- it just wastes those poor girls' time and at the same time reveals just how poor Kelli's judgment is.  Kali Fullerton is another example.  

Woah there! I totally saw the appeal of Kali both times. She's poised, gorgeous, great body, great showmanship, and fantastic personality and attitude. Her dance leaning curve was behind, but I can certainly see why they were pulling for her. 

2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Shelly has already posted who made it.  It was discussed extensively in the last few pages.

She did?! Where?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

As I recall shelly did not post all the names. she posted the numbers for years of service for the vets and the rookie names. if she posted the full list of names please give the page number as I would like to see that.

• Love 3
On 8/15/2017 at 9:14 AM, ShellyB said:

2017 GLs are:

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

This season on MTT will be interesting! 

We already know which vets made it and which were cut.  She posted the names of the rookies.  Given that she tells us 36 made it, that means two vets were cut/left during TC.  That would be Holly and Erica.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, ShellyB said:

2017 GLs are:

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

This season on MTT will be interesting! 

This is from page 134 and if shelly is the most official person on the team I got to think this is the most official list so far. just my opinion

2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

We already know which vets made it and which were cut.  She posted the names of the rookies.  Given that she tells us 36 made it, that means two vets were cut/left during TC.  That would be Holly and Erica.

did she make a list of vets? I couldn't find that. thanks