Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

How long after the team announcement to the girls is the press release usually available?  I remember one year (but for not which) the "reveal" was Kelli reading the PR to the TCCs. Also I've often wondered....how in the world can the vets keep a straight face when Kelli does something like this or starts her "reveal" speech.  Even I can tell she's gonna reveal just by her wording in the episode.

I'm not sure of the exact date, but with the game this week, it should be soon. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

Thanks ShellyB!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

2017 GLs are:

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

This season on MTT will be interesting! 

Heather O has come a long way!!  I remember her being in Kelly's office a few times last year.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Howdee your photo shows 38 ladies?

Old photo before more cuts. 

In case anyone's like me and need visuals. VV

IMG_2073.JPG

IMG_2072.JPG

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Most are assuming khalyn because of the picture, but group 4 will be restructured since most of the cuts came from there. 

IMG_1993.JPG

deleted. Posted before I saw shellys post. 

Happy for heather O. As someone said she has indeed come a long way. Is she the new jenn K? She jumped a lot of other more senior vets to become a second leader her 2nd year. Very interesting. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 4

I'm sad to see Erica gone from the team. I'm excited that Alexandria and Christina made it. I was rooting for them.  

I wish MTT was on Netflix so I could just binge watch the season so I can find out all what went down this season, instead of waiting each week! 

• Love 9

Ugh about Christina making the team - she was such an excuse maker and whiner before.   I hope this changed or its going to be annoying.   Would have much rather seen Brennan or Celinda make it of the returners.

Sucks about Erica being gone - really interested to see whose decision that was.  I'm still shocked about Holly.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

deleted. Posted before I saw shellys post. 

Happy for heather O. As someone said she has indeed come a long way. Is she the new jenn K? She jumped a lot of other more senior vets to become a second leader her 2nd year. Very interesting. 

While I like Heather, I don't think she has the skills Jenn has. She was both a natural leader and an outstanding dancer. This year they had to promote more junior cheerleaders and she does seem a good fit. I would actually assume Cersten would be their first choice but since they know she's leaving next year, they probably want to "train" a girl who will stay on the team for a while.

So now Lacey is the only 4th year vet right? I think they're going to do everything in their power to convince her to stay for her 5th.

i will forever be bitter about Erica. I really hope it was her decision or doctor's order.

• Love 5

Curious, what are people's theory on why Jenna was allowed to stay? To me it is only because they are down so many top performers. I am kinda disappointed. The clip of her walk and wave as she was going to office rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed phony. Obviously the facts are not known. I would feel less confused and skeptical if she was not going to also still be point. But it seems she will still be point. Anyone know for sure?

34 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Miranda is apparently slated to appear on that show Botched.  I'm sure Kelli is thrilled with that.

I can just see Kelli now in the locker room during uniform fittings pushing over and over on Miranda's chest between her boobs like "Is this you,?? Or are you Botched???"   

Posting again to say I'm still super intrigued by heather o. Never mind the fact that she jumped over Simone and chantel to be 2nd, but over Kelli and Maggie, two returning 2nd year show group rookies. Wow. Just wow.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Ugh about Christina making the team - she was such an excuse maker and whiner before.   I hope this changed or its going to be annoying.   Would have much rather seen Brennan or Celinda make it of the returners.

Sucks about Erica being gone - really interested to see whose decision that was.  I'm still shocked about Holly.

This! ☝️ I always thought Christina was lying about that hamstring injury when she got cut. She just had no flexibility.  And that INCESSANT BLINKING!!!! ?

I'm so devastated about Erica I can't even talk about it.  ?

Assuming Erica is not in a wheelchair, it seems like there would have been more than enough for her to do in terms of luxury boxes visits and appearances. Essentially what an All Star does.  So maybe there was more to it?

Or maybe manufactured drama for the show is starting to take the place of actual management decisions.

They lost a ton of great dancers who retired, and their two best dancers during training camp. At a certain point, you have to wonder if the real issue is their ability to retain top talent.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

I'm not sure of the exact date, but with the game this week, it should be soon. 

Are you allowed to tell us who will be point this year? I hope it will be Ms K, I love her humility. It shines like her smile. Anything you can share?

Hi! I'm new here! I'm so sad about Erica. She was always one of my favorites. 

SHELLYB, thank you for letting us know who made the squad.?

HowdeeDo, thank you for posting a picture of the rookies.?

Edited by tigercubbie
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Posting again to say I'm still super intrigued by heather o. Never mind the fact that she jumped over Simone and chantel to be 2nd, but over Kelli and Maggie, two returning 2nd year show group rookies. Wow. Just wow.  

I kinda understand. I am still a newbie to show and here. But it does still seem Simone dances a bit soft. Love her though...and wasn't Heather the Rookie of the Year winner? It possible she stepped up in ways we don't yet know that answers the why. Everyone seems split on Christina. I got a different vibe from her so far. She may very well have some stability qualities that obviously is needed now.

12 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I really like Victoria's dance videos. But she is "a makeover candidate". I can't shake Tina and her critiques of Chandler because honestly Victoria isn't always totally photogenic either -- the funny part is I think it's in the mouth area just like Chandler.

This! 

I really like Victoria a lot. Such a sweet girl. And I think she's been working her buns off. But my critique for her would be I wonder what she's gonna look like in the uniform?????  bc I don't think she has quite filled out yet as a woman???.  Very straight hips and not much booty.  Bless her heart, she's a great dancer, but i could see Kelli wanting her to be more curvier

Thats the big difference IMO between her and Dayton. I think Dayton has major bombshell potential. 

24 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Heather O was rookie of the year and she was probably picked after they redid groups so others weren't a possible option. 

15 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Are they going to have to change the graphic wallpaper at The Star? With Erica front and center? (I'm being facetious).

Seriously though, Erica could be very injured or very ill and I hope she's alright.

Those graphics were temporary for the show Shelly said. I wish they stayed though. I asked if it'd be possible to redo them every few months with past DCCs (70s and 80s too) because it'd be a cool feature. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

Curious, what are people's theory on why Jenna was allowed to stay? To me it is only because they are down so many top performers. I am kinda disappointed. The clip of her walk and wave as she was going to office rubbed me the wrong way. It seemed phony. Obviously the facts are not known. I would feel less confused and skeptical if she was not going to also still be point. But it seems she will still be point. Anyone know for sure?

If the rumors are true about Holly quitting, it seems she was also allowed to stay as well, but instead, she chose to go. We'll find out soon enough about point, but if they're allowing her to stay on as group leader, I wouldn't be surprised if she's still point, which actually doesn't bother me. Group leader seems to be more about leadership, whereas point is about dance. She's certainly a good dancer. Kashara is as well of course. 

Is Simone the only 3 year girl who isn't a second group leader or group leader?

1 hour ago, CompassionPatched said:

I kinda understand. I am still a newbie to show and here. But it does still seem Simone dances a bit soft. Love her though...and wasn't Heather the Rookie of the Year winner? It possible she stepped up in ways we don't yet know that answers the why. Everyone seems split on Christina. I got a different vibe from her so far. She may very well have some stability qualities that obviously is needed now.

Deleted since I got it wrong

Edited by parrotfeathers

From what I've heard, Holly is a spoiled child whose mother has never said "No!"  Thus, when disciplined, she's entirely ill-equipped to handle it like an adult and instead reasons that she is being victimized and needs to move on.  It's sad to see immaturity kill a career.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Most are assuming khalyn because of the picture, but group 4 will be restructured since most of the cuts came from there. 

IMG_1993.JPG

@ShellyB posted that there are 36 DCC on the team announced last night.  Thank you for your update @ShellyB.

Looking at the above photo, who in addition to Erica should have an X over their person to get to the 36 DCC?  Did I miss another rookie or vet cut?

29 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

Are you allowed to tell us who will be point this year? I hope it will be Ms K, I love her humility. It shines like her smile. Anything you can share?

I don't know. When I was at rehearsal last Friday, they formations were not set, as they were still evaluating. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Heather O was rookie of the year and she was probably picked after they redid groups so others weren't a possible option. 

She and Kelli were both in the same

group so they could take either one. 

11 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Is Simone the only 3 year girl who isn't a second group leader or group leader?

Chantel

11 minutes ago, California Girl said:

@ShellyB posted that there are 36 DCC on the team announced last night.  Thank you for your update @ShellyB.

Looking at the above photo, who in addition to Erica should have an X over their person to get to the 36 DCC?  Did I miss another rookie or vet cut?

Again, this was an old photo before cuts and team announcement. Recent rookie group confirmations on a page or so back. No clue as to what new groups look like. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

CMT was there for both the Erica and Holly issues.  If MTT does not end up showing us the truth on why Holly and Erica left/were released (like how they totally glossed over Mandy quitting, even though it was filmed), it will come out here.  Promise. 

that said, I hope people can keep in mind that these girls ARE still human; we expect great things of them because they are DCC caliber but people make mistakes, especially in their 20s.  I hope that however things are addressed on the show/what is shared here eventually people will give them some grace and we can all hope they take this summer as a learning experience and mature and grow. 

Interesting!!!! So maybe Erica's release is not completely injury related. Can you share why Mandy decided not to return? If you can't, completely understandable, but I don't know think we've ever gotten the story  on that.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

CMT was there for both the Erica and Holly issues.  If MTT does not end up showing us the truth on why Holly and Erica left/were released (like how they totally glossed over Mandy quitting, even though it was filmed), it will come out here.  Promise. 

that said, I hope people can keep in mind that these girls ARE still human; we expect great things of them because they are DCC caliber but people make mistakes, especially in their 20s.  I hope that however things are addressed on the show/what is shared here eventually people will give them some grace and we can all hope they take this summer as a learning experience and mature and grow. 

Please oh please tell me Erica didn't do something stupid and it's just injury related. ?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

2017 GLs are:

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

This season on MTT will be interesting! 

I'm so happy for Keyra!! 

• Love 9
Just now, Jess14 said:

Interesting!!!! So maybe Erica's release is not completely injury related. Can you share why Mandy decided not to return? If you can't, completely understandable, but I don't know think we've ever gotten the story  on that.

I shared it a while back so no worries, it's way buried by now lol 

Mandy was called in with other vets (like they showed in last episode) and they told her essentially that they were concerned about her weight gain (girl looks fab now but she did look heavier on calendar shoot and i swear it was mostly because she was SO ripped last year).  She was not happy that they did it in front of CMT and didn't want to be typecast as the fat vet cut at finals.  So she said nevermind, I'll just not reaudition. And she didn't.  

And yes, she put on IG about being available for her dance studio but if you dig enough you'll see she never moved back home.  She's still in Dallas area (lives with Kyndall) and works in real estate locally. She never got a retirement post either, they just deleted her twitter. 

Maybe they will mention her in this week's episode.  I will give them a lot of credit if they do and tell truth - but I have a feeling they will show her IG post, say oh she was homesick...and most people will never think to see if she actually moved back. 

1 minute ago, DCCfan27 said:

I'm so happy for Keyra!! 

LOVE Keyra!! I feel like she was under the radar but she is adorable. I was so afraid they'd think she's too short in boots. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I so agree. I had mentioned earlier that the person Holly and the DCC Holly are different in ways. It is a big girl's world all the sudden for many and yes a shock to the system. So many this year come from other teams and I am betting will handle the pressure of exposure more smoothly. Even though I may not agree with who stays who goes. Even Jenna is just 23 and even though a 6 year vet....still very young. I constantly keep in mind the families being hit with all the events their daughters face. I so agree.

I'm so here for the girls quitting because they're mad at the organization. They're falling apart this year and no one can explain it.

Just now, CompassionPatched said:

I so agree. I had mentioned earlier that the person Holly and the DCC Holly are different in ways. It is a big girl's world all the sudden for many and yes a shock to the system. So many this year come from other teams and I am betting will handle the pressure of exposure more smoothly. Even though I may not agree with who stays who goes. Even Jenna is just 23 and even though a 6 year vet....still very young. I constantly keep in mind the families being hit with all the events their daughters face. I so agree.

You can tell which girls have great parents who keep them grounded (ie Lacey, KaShara, etc.)  They are still very humble, hard working, kind to fans but not ABOUT the fans...they are true team players who are about the squad and not about standing out from squad on their own.  It's a hard thing to balance, I do feel for them. 

• Love 11

Oh but hey...I missed some info...Mandy quit? How long ago? Thought her boyfriend was moving? But I must say when she said she absolutely loves her dance studio, I was sure that would make her leave. I am so behind in DCC knowledge here. Sorry for bringing up old news to you all. 

Edited by CompassionPatched