Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

? There are 38 in the main area of the locker room at the stadium, with another 4 in the All Star area. There are 40 lockers at the Star. 

Awesome great to know thanks Shelly.

Is that Allstar area the area that we saw a snippet of, in one of the previous season where one of the rookie girls (was it Jordon? Can't  remember who exactly) missed the coach into At+t stadium and Jackie Bob had to "solve the problem" by texting and calling security to allow her in and we saw Kelly getting ready in an area separate to the rest of the girls etc? Altho isnt there usually 5 Allstars? So why 4 Allstar lockers and not 5 for the 5 Allstars?

Edited by Dcc fan
5 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Top Row

Tess, Jessica, Selina, Milan, Kashara, Cersten, Khalyn, Madeline, Robyn, Maggie

Bottom Row

Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Tasha, Yuko, Erica, Stephanie, Jinelle, Amy L. Bess, Simone, Lacey

Heather O went to Canton as well

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Awesome great to know thanks Shelly.

Is that Allstar area the area that we saw a snippet of, in one of the previous season where one of the rookie girls (was it Jordon? Can't  remember who exactly) missed the coach into At+t stadium and Jackie Bob had to "solve the problem" by texting and calling security to allow her in and we saw Kelly getting ready in an area separate to the rest of the girls etc? Altho isnt there usually 5 Allstars? So why 4 Allstar lockers and not 5 for the 5 Allstars?

Not sure if they ever showed that area...it's possible. It's behind a wall and not super conducive to film anything. Could have been that Jackie called from the front entrance of the locker room or our costume closet at the stadium. It's just what we call the area where the AS's get ready.  The lockers are not dedicated to anyone specific during the games, as #s of AS's changes from year to year. K & J have a separate area within the locker room. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Not sure if they ever showed that area...it's possible. It's behind a wall and not super conducive to film anything. Could have been that Jackie called from the front entrance of the locker room or our costume closet at the stadium. It's just what we call the area where the AS's get ready.  The lockers are not dedicated to anyone specific during the games, as #s of AS's changes from year to year. K & J have a separate area within the locker room. 

Good to know. I remember Kelly standing in an area with Jackie and that rookie in a place what looks like a single room with just those lockers there with the conversation with Kelli pulling that rookie out. Well good to know. Thanks Shelly. Love having you on here to correct the facts. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Good to know. I remember Kelly standing in an area with Jackie and that rookie in a place what looks like a single room with just those lockers there with the conversation with Kelli pulling that rookie out. Well good to know. Thanks Shelly. Love having you on here to correct the facts. 

You probably remember details from the show more than I do. I watch it once and move on. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

In watching the video it appears that they knew each other by the way they spoke etc.  Doesn't look good and I am a Holly supporter but am realistic

The video on Twitter? I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. Holly wasn't particularly friendly, she was just american-sweetheart-polite-and-cute. I can't see how this video would ever count against her, even if it was supposedly her last 'strike'.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

The video on Twitter? I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. Holly wasn't particularly friendly, she was just american-sweetheart-polite-and-cute. I can't see how this video would ever count against her, even if it was supposedly her last 'strike'.

Also, they have DCC, especially show group, do appearances with these guys! They sit next to them for hours half dressed signing autographs. They do tours with them and hospital visits and lord knows what else.

It's super weird for them to just want someone to not respond to a person they force them into situations with in the first place.

Of course, I also do not buy that they don't want DCC out and about around town either -- I think that is 100% part of the persona.  They just have this movable line of when it is too much depending on who the person is.

And again, regardless of who signs what, they could face a headache for this idea that the rule does not apply to all employees. That would not hold up in most jobs, and I think they bank on the fact that these girls signed a contract that they don't persue things.

• Love 2

I don't think Holly got cut, I think she's pissed off that she didn't get to go to the biggest event of a DCC's career. Why let her go to Training Camp, but not let her go to HOF game. Whatever, she can do better anyways.

I honestly don't see how she can do better?  I don't see her on Broadway, and any other NFL team will be less prestigious as the DCC.  I think her immaturity has caused her to make a decision that will kill her career.  If she'd stayed on, I think she would have been THE face of the DCC for a few years, which might have opened up other opportunities.  But now?  She'll be teaching dance in a few years somewhere in Texas and that'll be it.

• Love 1

Wait, if we think that she didn't get cut, why would she leave exactly? Even if she got pissed for missing a big event as a punishment, I don't think she would leave. And I'm not her no.1 fan, but I don't think we have proof that she is sooo immature that she would quit because #reasons. And Holly is obviously a very passionate dancer, she wouldn't give up an opportunity to perform without having a back up plan first.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I honestly don't see how she can do better?  I don't see her on Broadway, and any other NFL team will be less prestigious as the DCC.  I think her immaturity has caused her to make a decision that will kill her career.  If she'd stayed on, I think she would have been THE face of the DCC for a few years, which might have opened up other opportunities.  But now?  She'll be teaching dance in a few years somewhere in Texas and that'll be it.

There are so many other options for dancers besides Broadway, I'm not sure why everyone is focused on it. Besides she is in college and while she clearly loves to dance she may have other aspirations in life.  She may have killed her DCC career but other than that unless she was involved in something major illegal I'm sure she'll come out of this just fine. 

• Love 6
On 8/7/2017 at 9:43 PM, hypeman said:

i like Jenna at point as well. What surprised me is Cersten, whom I adore, took Kashara's spot in the triangle.  They must really like her.

Cersten is an awesome dancer and performer. They used her in Finals as the last to perform. Normally, they use 2 of their strongest dancers to go first and last at Finals. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't think Holly got cut, I think she's pissed off that she didn't get to go to the biggest event of a DCC's career. Why let her go to Training Camp, but not let her go to HOF game. Whatever, she can do better anyways.

I agree with this..also when I mentioned the twitter exchange it was in reference to the DCC alumni saying that they can be pulled for mistakes, and in the video she did drop a pom.  Time will tell I hope.  I did notice that the shut down on this page was exactly the same time/day that this quit/cut would have gone down.  The page was locked and posts were deleted.  I have no idea what occurred but if it was just a coincidence then definitely a bad week all around for DCC & DCC category forums!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't think she's Gods Gift to Dance, but I think she can definitely have a career in dance. This isn't the end of the dance road for her. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

I remember this scene and I really do believe they were standing in front of Kelly's locker talking to Jordan. I remember thinking, " I didn't know that Kelly had a locker too"

12 hours ago, ShellyB said:

? There are 38 in the main area of the locker room at the stadium, with another 4 in the All Star area. There are 40 lockers at the Star. 

Do the 40 lockers include the ones for the All Stars or do they still have a separate area?

Edited by DCCFAN71
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Wasn't that guy retired, too? Is that still fraternizing? Not buying that got her cut. I think she stormed off, too, and nobody chased her. 

This. Hasn't all the scuttlebutt always been that she quit? Whatever she was called on the carpet for might not even have been that major. As much as I like Holly, she is still very young and more prone to emotional choices than a crusty old broad like myself.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

This. Hasn't all the scuttlebutt always been that she quit? Whatever she was called on the carpet for might not even have been that major. As much as I like Holly, she is still very young and more prone to emotional choices than a crusty old broad like myself.

I think it's always been between "she got cut" or "she quit" with emphasis on she quit. Seems more likely than getting cut, if she was going to get cut for inappropriate behavior they would have done it at finals when her top flew off and used that as an excuse lol

7 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I remember this scene and I really do believe they were standing in front of Kelly's locker talking to Jordan. I remember thinking, " I didn't know that Kelly had a locker too"

Do the 40 lockers include the ones for the All Stars or do they still have a separate area?

The 40 is in the Star I don't think the The Star. Don't think that include All Stars, don't think the All Stars visit/go to the star, as that is more a training facility. So the 40 is prob for the current team and TCC's. Unless I am wrong (@ Shelly please correct if I am) I think it 41 lockers in total at AT+T stadium (37 for main squad and 4 for the All Stars, unless you include the 2 for K + J then I'd say theres 43 in total in the locker room in AT+T stadium)

8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think it's always been between "she got cut" or "she quit" with emphasis on she quit. Seems more likely than getting cut, if she was going to get cut for inappropriate behavior they would have done it at finals when her top flew off and used that as an excuse lol

I'm evil. I read that and thought, "well, that's ONE possible future...."

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Holly is obviously a very passionate dancer, she wouldn't give up an opportunity to perform without having a back up plan first.

People do make emotional decisions that they end up regretting.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Exactly!

I know not everyone is the same, but I remember myself at that age, and I had yet to learn that emotions and common sense don't always play nice together. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already regretting it (if it DID go down that way). Tough way to learn a lesson.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Angie said:

Heather O went to Canton as well

LOL I must have had a brain fart haha! I definitely saw her , just didn't write her name . I  NEED COFFEE!  Thanks for having my back.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Wait, if we think that she didn't get cut, why would she leave exactly? Even if she got pissed for missing a big event as a punishment, I don't think she would leave. And I'm not her no.1 fan, but I don't think we have proof that she is sooo immature that she would quit because #reasons. And Holly is obviously a very passionate dancer, she wouldn't give up an opportunity to perform without having a back up plan first.

Right. It's a very impulsive decision and immature. 

55 minutes ago, ByTor said:

They do..and she's still very young, but I don't think that she would be that extreme.

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Holly may have been debating Leaving for a while, too. She's almost 21. That's like 35-40 in pro dance years. 

I remember on one of their Instagram stories (I think it was Maddie's) right before auditions Holly said that she was coming back and that Maddie wouldn't let her leave. They used to post videos and stories together all the time so me being nosy wonders if something happened with their friendship. 

9 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

I remember on one of their Instagram stories (I think it was Maddie's) right before auditions Holly said that she was coming back and that Maddie wouldn't let her leave. They used to post videos and stories together all the time so me being nosy wonders if something happened with their friendship. 

If Holly is doing any underage partying and fornicating, Mads is probably running like the wind.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

They do..and she's still very young, but I don't think that she would be that extreme.

Since I (and I assume most of us here) don't know her personally, I'll hold off on saying how extreme she may or may not be.

20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If Holly is doing any underage partying and fornicating, Mads is probably running like the wind.

Unless Madeline is the bad influence...hmmmm ;-)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Since I (and I assume most of us here) don't know her personally, I'll hold off on saying how extreme she may or may not be.

Unless Madeline is the bad influence...hmmmm ;-)

Plot twist! Kashara, cersten and Madeline conspired to knock Erica in the knee cap, get Holly drunk and destroy her top, and send Jenna love letters on Cowboy letterhead to knock them out of the way. Lacey better watch out and their triangle will be complete. 

I wish we'd just get the Holly truth and move on.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Plot twist! Kashara, cersten and Madeline conspired to knock Erica in the knee cap, get Holly drunk and destroy her top, and send Jenna love letters on Cowboy letterhead to knock them out of the way. Lacey better watch out and their triangle will be complete. 

DCC MTT meets Pretty Little Liars.  I love it.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Holly may have been debating Leaving for a while, too. She's almost 21. That's like 35-40 in pro dance years. 

OK, so since we have no solid info, let's pursue my Holly Conspiracy Theory: Since being a DCC isn't really a path to anything other than Dallas celebrity (with the exception of Melissa R., whose ex-DCC status was only tangentially connected to her national "fame"), Holly might already have figured out that another season or two (even at point) wasn't going to get her much more than she had from her first two years.

So .... she signs on for her third year, so she can get a nice trip & have some very sexy professional bikini photos taken. Stays "committed" to the process long enough for said photos to get picked for the calendar & get some internet buzz. Shows up for tryouts, during which her top "accidentally" flies off (guaranteeing extra TV time). Since she already knows she has no intention of sticking around for a third season (and that "yes, ma'am" haircut), she starts breaking rules here & there, thus guaranteeing K&J office visits and more MTT TV time. 

She engineers some sort of drama (also on TV) that leads to her quitting or getting fired. Next stop: The next season of the "Bachelor" and/or a Playboy layout.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

9 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

OK, so since we have no solid info, let's pursue my Holly Conspiracy Theory: Since being a DCC isn't really a path to anything other than Dallas celebrity (with the exception of Melissa R., whose ex-DCC status was only tangentially connected to her national "fame"), Holly might already have figured out that another season or two (even at point) wasn't going to get her much more than she had from her first two years.

So .... she signs on for her third year, so she can get a nice trip & have some very sexy professional bikini photos taken. Stays "committed" to the process long enough for said photos to get picked for the calendar & get some internet buzz. Shows up for tryouts, during which her top "accidentally" flies off (guaranteeing extra TV time). Since she already knows she has no intention of sticking around for a third season (and that "yes, ma'am" haircut), she starts breaking rules here & there, thus guaranteeing K&J office visits and more MTT TV time. 

She engineers some sort of drama (also on TV) that leads to her quitting or getting fired. Next stop: The next season of the "Bachelor" and/or a Playboy layout.

See DCC see what you have brought us to witholding information??? LOL man the rumor mill is rampant and the speculation is amazing. It would be fun if it weren't so annoying be kept in the dark, ok I admit it's fun anyway but man do I wish they'd let out more spoilers this year. And I wish Holly would post something on social media even if it's just an "I love Jamba Juice" pic 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Sounds totally plausible to me! ;-)

17 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

being a DCC isn't really a path to anything other than Dallas celebrity

To be fair, it did get Olivia and Jacie gigs with The Rockettes (I believe Olivia was in the ensemble in the Christmas show & Jacie recently became Rockette) and Nicole Hamilton a Vegas show, but for the most part, yeah I do agree with this.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Sounds totally plausible to me! ;-)

To be fair, it did get Olivia and Jacie gigs with The Rockettes (I believe Olivia was in the ensemble in the Christmas show & Jacie recently became Rockette) and Nicole Hamilton a Vegas show, but for the most part, yeah I do agree with this.

Perhaps Nicole's Vegas show was helped by her DCC rep. But Olivia & Jacie could have auditioned for Rockettes right out of dance school; perfect kicks speak louder than any DCC resume.

• Love 1
Just now, Moxiejan said:

Perhaps Nicole's Vegas show was helped by her DCC rep. But Olivia & Jacie could have auditioned for Rockettes right out of dance school; perfect kicks speak louder than any DCC resume.

True, being a DCC in & of itself probably wouldn't have gotten them with The Rockettes, but I'd think the experience of dancing with the DCC was a plus for their quality of dancing at auditions.

• Love 2

I do agree that the experience with DCC helped them prepare for the Rockettes, but having that on their resume is nothing lol

Did anybody else notice in the video with Holly, that she wasn't even standing in the same stance as the two other DCC shown in the video?  I believe the other 2 DCC shown was Lacey and another dark haired girl (maybe Tess or Elizabeth)?  The other two girls were standing there with their legs and feet together with their poms on their hips.  But Holly was not doing so (even before dropping the pom).  Maybe she was goofing off and talking to Shaun Smith which then made him record the video altogether.  There could be more to the situation that we do not see from the video.  

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I do agree that the experience with DCC helped them prepare for the Rockettes, but having that on their resume is nothing lol

Plus, I've heard it mentioned several times over the years in MTT (by Kandi Harris and others) that experienced dancers have to alter their kick style for DCC because it does not match what is taught elsewhere. So those with DCC experience might have to "retrain" their kicks before a Rockette audition.

37 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Did anybody else notice in the video with Holly, that she wasn't even standing in the same stance as the two other DCC shown in the video?  I believe the other 2 DCC shown was Lacey and another dark haired girl (maybe Tess or Elizabeth)?  The other two girls were standing there with their legs and feet together with their poms on their hips.  But Holly was not doing so (even before dropping the pom).  Maybe she was goofing off and talking to Shaun Smith which then made him record the video altogether.  There could be more to the situation that we do not see from the video.  

I don't really think that means anything though. They're not going to crucify a girl for being out of stance for a moment waiting during a kids camp. During a game, definitely but this seemed more casual appearance anyway. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

where is the video?

4 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

The 40 is in the Star I don't think the The Star. Don't think that include All Stars, don't think the All Stars visit/go to the star, as that is more a training facility. So the 40 is prob for the current team and TCC's. Unless I am wrong (@ Shelly please correct if I am) I think it 41 lockers in total at AT+T stadium (37 for main squad and 4 for the All Stars, unless you include the 2 for K + J then I'd say theres 43 in total in the locker room in AT+T stadium)

Again....there are 38 at the stadium in the main locker room, 4 in the All Star area. There are an additional 5 in K & J's area. 

40 at The Star in DCC locker room. The All Star will occasionally use the DCC locker room if they have appearance at The Star & it is the closest prep area to appearance location. They do not have dedicated lockers like the current team. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I don't really think that means anything though. They're not going to crucify a girl for being out of stance for a moment waiting during a kids camp. During a game, definitely but this seemed more casual appearance anyway. 

That is exactly what I was thinking!!

8 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

where is the video?

If you go to Holly's Twitter page and click on Tweets & Replies, then click on the tweet with Shaun Smith you can see the video.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DCCFAN71 said:

If they were in front of K's locker, then that would have been in the private area for K & J. Like I said, I watch the show and move on, even though I'm at every game. I'd have to see the scene to tell you where they taped. 

All Stars do not have lockers at The Star. 

6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Someone on the Making the Team FB page said this is what happened.   They told her she could not go and she quit.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Someone on the Making the Team FB page said this is what happened.   They told her she could not go and she quit.

Really? O.o. do you know if that comment is till on the making the team fb? I can't seem to see it. Unless they deleted it. Altho people on the making the team fb has been saying since yesterday that Holly quit, when thats been said on here for a while I know. 

49 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Really? O.o. do you know if that comment is till on the making the team fb? I can't seem to see it. Unless they deleted it. Altho people on the making the team fb has been saying since yesterday that Holly quit, when thats been said on here for a while I know. 

It's in the "replies" underneath a main post (if that makes sense) on the Making the Team page.   I think under one of the photos where Holly was substituted.