Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Angie said:

I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that info. Why wouldn't K &  J sack Jenna like they probably did to Paige for dating a Cowboys player. 

That's why everyone's a little fuzzy over it. The insider was very adamant that it was true and confirmed by several other people. 

Hello from Alaska! 

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd fall for this show, but I have.  My husband rules the roost as far as the TV goes.  One night during the summer of 2016 the spouse fell asleep on the couch.  The TV was on CMT and I'm at my computer Facebooking or whatever.  The 2016 edition of Making the Team is playing and I'm too lazy to get up and change the channel.  So MTT is playing in the background and parts of it get me interested.  It must have been a marathon or something because it was on for a long time that night like one episode after the other.  Anyway, I left the spousal unit on the couch and went upstairs to the bedroom to watch the rest of 2016 MTT uninterrupted.  After that night, I never gave MTT another thought until a few weeks ago when once again the spousal unit fell asleep with the TV on and a commercial for the new season of MTT began.  LOL!

I've binged watched Seasons 3 though 11 and started Googling for like minds and that's how I found this place.  I binge-read this topic (that's over 6,000 comments and videos) over the past four days and I've never laughed so hard in all my life.  Words like  "cockpit", "crotch fruit", and "hose beast" had me nearly spraying my monitor with coffee or beer depending on the time of day I was reading the comments.

With that said, we need to start a drinking game.  Any time Kelli or Judy say words we've all heard before, drink up!

I'm glad to have read all of your comments.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, SimplePleasures said:

Hello from Alaska! 

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd fall for this show, but I have.  My husband rules the roost as far as the TV goes.  One night during the summer of 2016 the spouse fell asleep on the couch.  The TV was on CMT and I'm at my computer Facebooking or whatever.  The 2016 edition of Making the Team is playing and I'm too lazy to get up and change the channel.  So MTT is playing in the background and parts of it get me interested.  It must have been a marathon or something because it was on for a long time that night like one episode after the other.  Anyway, I left the spousal unit on the couch and went upstairs to the bedroom to watch the rest of 2016 MTT uninterrupted.  After that night, I never gave MTT another thought until a few weeks ago when once again the spousal unit fell asleep with the TV on and a commercial for the new season of MTT began.  LOL!

I've binged watched Seasons 3 though 11 and started Googling for like minds and that's how I found this place.  I binge-read this topic (that's over 6,000 comments and videos) over the past four days and I've never laughed so hard in all my life.  Words like  "cockpit", "crotch fruit", and "hose beast" had me nearly spraying my monitor with coffee or beer depending on the time of day I was reading the comments.

With that said, we need to start a drinking game.  Any time Kelli or Judy say words we've all heard before, drink up!

I'm glad to have read all of your comments.

Welcome! That is true commitment - a great read to catch up. I haven't been posting much lately up until the last week or so, just lurking. The ladies/peeps here usually say all that needs to be said! 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, PDH said:

This may sound harsh but no, I do not think it is too excessive.  This is a  "World Class" organization.  Erica's injury is not a performance mistake, two very different things.

I was on show group and cheered in the 90s. I remain active in alumni events and mentor candidates. 

Yes even stumbling in the kick line.

I did not witness favoritism while I was there. 

@PDH  Thank you.  You totally don't have to answer our questions - or share your experience with us - and yet you have chosen to do so.  So I for one, am grateful for that.  :)  I feel like I'm in the presence of greatness..  Thanks again.  I love the dancers and this show.... a window into a whole new world... dang it.  now I have that song in my head.... " A whole new world......"  #grateful

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Hi guys,

I was just wondering about the HOF game.  Why do you think they used Kashara at the point instead of Lacey or Jinelle who has seniority?  

I know Megan retired to co-coach the pomline at the University of Arizona according to her instagram.

I wondered that too... Not about Jinelle, but about Lacey. She is amazing and so beautiful. Kashara is just meh to me. Definitely not as elegant and poised as Lacey in my opinion. I also believe that Lacey is an amazing dancer. I am glad Kashara got rid of the mullet though, it does look a lot better

• Love 5

I think Lacey is a great dancer, just more fluid and not so much pop. She looks great in a triangle, but I don't think she'd do point well.

13 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I bet the tcc are ready for this to be over. It isn't good psychological to be under that much pressure for that long. 

LOL, they apparently have it easier than Vets this year. I bet it's the VETS who want training camp to end  bwahahaha

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

LOL, they apparently have it easier than Vets this year. I bet it's the VETS who want training camp to end  bwahahaha

Agreed. The shots of Tasha and Stephanie in the office in the preview for this season made me think about that. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think Lacey and Jinelle are lovely and excellent cheerleaders, putting that out there first. I think Kashara wins out because she's one of the women that gets used more often in promo videos, glamour girl (tho the cute and bubbly side of glamour for sure) and she's a bit more relatable. Jinelle and Lacey are both on the slimmer side, Kashara tends to be more voluptuous. 

I don't know if I ever saw Kashara at point, tho I love it, but I don't ever see Lacey or Jinelle being there. Who knows, tho?? They're all strong performers. I know Jenna is extra, but she has a ton of pop and is a great point as well when there's no dramaaaaaaazzzzz. 

I don't think it has that much to do with relatability. Jinelle for some reason is always hidden anyway, but I think Lacey is too tall for point and a bit more lyrical. I for one would love to see her as point, but I don't think she is as powerful as Kashara is.

11 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

In the past, it seemed like K & J were quite sympathetic how the pressure of not knowing who had made the team could affect the TCCs. Season 5 was an exception when they waited to announce the team until right before they took the squad photo, leaving Stephanie Heyman hanging. 

I understand this season is different, extra episodes, special events, etc. But it seems unfair to drag it out so long like this. If you have to make an in season cut down the road, so be it. They know it's always a possibility. 

I'd forgotten all about Snackwells. You ended up eating eight to feel the same way after you ate two real cookies, ha ha.,

What's more confusing to me is that they stopped cutting people quite early. And they are supposedly 4 people over their "limit", unless they decided on a 39-40 members squad this year.

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm over Jenna, but she'd be great at point. Truth is truth.

Cersten - you know I love her LOL. When was the last time a 2nd year was in the triangle? That says a whole lot. 

Wasn't JennK in the triangle from her 2nd year? Or was it the third?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Wasn't JennK in the triangle from her 2nd year? Or was it the third?

I *think* it was her third year, but those couple of years are running together. I think her second year, it may have been Holly, Emma, and Jacie in the triangle, and then she moved into Emma's spot the next season.  Jenn K's rookie class is not all that memorable to me however, so I may not be remembering correctly. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

What's more confusing to me is that they stopped cutting people quite early. And they are supposedly 4 people over their "limit", unless they decided on a 39-40 members squad this year.

I'm thinking they'll cut 2 more, but if Holly is really out they're still at 38 which they've had a couple of times before. 

The cuts don't have to stop at 36, if I remember what Kelly said. Didn't Kelly say (during one of the seasons) that the locker room was built for 36(?)  and they had 39 that year. There was a year when they was 34 so it could be down to what "faults" they find now.

As for the HoF game, erm I swear there are girls in there that is not in the current squad performing there and I thought the HoF was for current cheerleaders (eg the cheerleaders that was on the 16-17 squad) so did I see that some of the TCC who haven't made the squad performing there already? 

30 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

The cuts don't have to stop at 36, if I remember what Kelly said. Didn't Kelly say (during one of the seasons) that the locker room was built for 36(?)  and they had 39 that year. There was a year when they was 34 so it could be down to what "faults" they find now.

As for the HoF game, erm I swear there are girls in there that is not in the current squad performing there and I thought the HoF was for current cheerleaders (eg the cheerleaders that was on the 16-17 squad) so did I see that some of the TCC who haven't made the squad performing there already? 

None of the TCCs went, they had practice. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

That's why everyone's a little fuzzy over it. The insider was very adamant that it was true and confirmed by several other people. 

I hope it becomes clear about what happen and I hope they show at least a clip on why Jenna had to stay back

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Angie said:

I hope it becomes clear about what happen and I hope they show at least a clip on why Jenna had to stay back

I'm wondering IF they portray it, how they'll depict it. Most theories are that she's run out of "strikes" with dating a player and partying a lot or something, but they're not going to mention the first incident. 

• Love 1

Erm if no TCC went whose the black girl on (our) left of Robin? Pretty sure shes not on the squad last year ... I cannot tell the current TCC's apart. Just wondered thats all. Or can someone please name all the girls in that picture please? Unless I am seeing things isnt some of the girls in that picture current TCC? Because in the picture the second row of girls from (our) left of Robin, I don't recognise them nor remember them being in 16 - 17 squad. 

Maybe thats the picture of me being confused with some of the girls that I still cannot name knowing that the TCC rookies haven't "officially" been given their uniforms to "keep" untill training camp is over and the squad has been announced etc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUb5XcU0AA-jNH.jpg:large (sorry I don't know how to make the picture show up but its the picture of them all in Canton, that I took off the "@cowboyscheerleaders" twitter account)

40 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

None of the TCCs went, they had practice. 

Edited by Dcc fan
1 minute ago, Dcc fan said:

Erm if no TCC went whose the black girl on (our) left of Robin? Pretty sure shes not on the squad last year ... I cannot tell the current TCC's apart. Just wondered thats all. Or can someone please name all the girls in that picture please? Unless I am seeing things isnt some of the girls in that picture current TCC? Because in the picture the second row of girls from (our) left of Robin, I don't recognise them nor remember them being in 16 - 17 squad. 

Maybe thats the picture of me being confused with some of the girls that I still cannot name knowing that the TCC rookies haven't "officially" been given their uniforms to "keep" untill training camp is over and the squad has been announced etc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUb5XcU0AA-jNH.jpg:large

That's Khalyn!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUb5XcU0AA-jNH.jpg:large

Khalyn. 

ETA: In fairness tho, I've always thought  Khalyn is one of those people who can look totally different on different days. Often times I see her, and I'm like "who is that?" Lol.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

That's Khalyn!

Man she looks different in that picture. Maybe its just me!!!! Gees I need to go get some caffeine!!! THANK YOU for correcting me. I could have sworn half that second row were TCC's <runs away to get some caffine> Also noticed I called Maddie, Robin. Well I'm definitely going to get some caffeine actually I think I will go get some sleep instead even tho it is only 5pm!!!!

Edited by Dcc fan
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I *think* it was her third year, but those couple of years are running together. I think her second year, it may have been Holly, Emma, and Jacie in the triangle, and then she moved into Emma's spot the next season.  Jenn K's rookie class is not all that memorable to me however, so I may not be remembering correctly. 

Yeah I think I remember now that JennK became a group leader in her second year and then got in the triangle in her third. 

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'm thinking they'll cut 2 more, but if Holly is really out they're still at 38 which they've had a couple of times before. 

Now that you mentioned Holly's cut, maybe they were suspecting that (at least) one vet is a goner this year? It seems like a big coincidence that they are taking so much time to decide who to cut, stopped at 40 early on while maintaining that the goal is 36 and it happens to be the year two of the most popular (or recognizable) cheerleaders are on the bubble.

btw, seeing all the vets together it struck me how young the squad is. I'm guessing there's a chance Jinelle, Lacey, Kashara and Erica retire this year so they won't have many upper vets. Maaaaybe they will convince Jenna to stay on for her 7th year!

• Love 1
Just now, Jazzmom said:

It's not just you.  When I saw the pic my first reaction was the same; I did not recognize 1/2 of the cheerleaders.  Lol

I am glad its not just me!!! I thought it was me and seeing things, still think I see things pretty sure. XD

1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah I think I remember now that JennK became a group leader in her second year and then got in the triangle in her third. 

Now that you mentioned Holly's cut, maybe they were suspecting that (at least) one vet is a goner this year? It seems like a big coincidence that they are taking so much time to decide who to cut, stopped at 40 early on while maintaining that the goal is 36 and it happens to be the year two of the most popular (or recognizable) cheerleaders are on the bubble.

btw, seeing all the vets together it struck me how young the squad is. I'm guessing there's a chance Jinelle, Lacey, Kashara and Erica retire this year so they won't have many upper vets. Maaaaybe they will convince Jenna to stay on for her 7th year!

Don't say that last bit!!! I don't think I can stand Jenna going into her 7th year esp after this last month or so of her "problems" (as I call it). It "bothered" me that Jenna announced she was retiring then suddenly announced she wasn't because K + J had  talk with "her" about it. Was that a rumor or did K + J had a talk with all vets that was retiring to try get them to change their minds or just "Jenna only"? I can't remember what happened.

• Love 2

In my opinion, I cannot picture Judy and Kelli asking Jenna to come back or try to convince to come back because the team will not be the same without her. I can see them being a little sad she was leaving, but the team would definitely survive without her.

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep this is also how I remember it. 

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I also would add they've been concerned about Erica's injury keeping her off the field at least part of the season.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think it has that much to do with relatability. Jinelle for some reason is always hidden anyway, but I think Lacey is too tall for point and a bit more lyrical. I for one would love to see her as point, but I don't think she is as powerful as Kashara is.

I agree with you completely. Maybe it's more than Kashara has more sex appeal too? Your average joe might be more likely to pick the cute, voluptuous blonde over the sultry, slim brunette. But if I'm going by that definition, Jenna and Jenn K don't fit that bill, yet are still excellent point girls bc of their pop. 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, I cannot picture Judy and Kelli asking Jenna to come back or try to convince to come back because the team will not be the same without her. I can see them being a little sad she was leaving, but the team would definitely survive without her.

I can see them asking her to come back, though. She's been show group for most of her tenure, she's a woman of color, she's still young, and she's one of their better dancers. She's a special girl, no matter her extra. After this summer, she might not be worth the extra hassle, but I can see why she was this past spring before auditions. 

• Love 1

I thought JennK was assistant group leader her second year and group leader her third year. Jenna is okay but I think three year vet Jennifer and Amy who retired this year added more spark and style to the team than she did. Not saying Jenna did not deserve her spot on the team, but I can see Judy and Kelli asking Jennifer and Amy to come back for another year, but the I do not think Jenna coming back would make the team stand out more or making the team stronger. I personally think they are trying to find another Jackie Bob, Mia, Brooke, Nicole Hamilton, and a few other former rockstar DCCs, but the last few years none of the rookies come close to these girls. JMO.

I honestly can't see them singling Jenna out specifically. As a dancer, she isn't really that young anymore to put a hold on her plans to stay on the team. Generally speaking she is obviously young, but if she wants to further her career she needs to act now. I just think she was the only retiring vet who didn't HAVE to leave-the others either had new job opportunities, had issues with weight warnings etc-and half of them became all stars.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

The problem I would have with that in this case is he tagged her first. I guess she could have just ignored it but that might be seen as rude as well. I really don't think that's as big as her possibly being in a club she's not old enough to be in socializing with players. Until we here from the DCC powers that be though who knows.

what did she respond back?

FWIW, I don't think Jenna ever said that K&J begged her to come back, said that they thought that the team wouldn't the same without her, or said that they singled her out beyond every other retiring vet. IIRC, she was asked why she came back and said that K&J said that they thought she had more to offer. Perhaps it never happened, but nothing about that seems all that unusual to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if others got similar comments. Whether it's Jenna, Jenn K, Erica or whoever else, they're  good dancers who already have a uniform, know most of the dances, can handle the schedule, etc. I imagine that's it easier having them back than having a gazillion rookies, and the team was already losing lots of great dancers from last year's team. If she made it clear that she was on the fence, I actually would be surprised if they didn't try to nudge her to stay. Same with any other strong vet. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

what did she respond back?

Well from what I saw on twitter, Shaun video'd Holly dropping her poms and then she (Holly) was pointing at the camera for video-ing her. Shaun tweeted her directly with "Holly enjoying herself and got nervous" or so and Holly basically told him "Ha ha your funny, you shouldn't be on your phone during camp" or something like that.

I mean would that be a problem for K + J? in that kind of reply? I mean I remember seeing Shaun tweeting that to Holly and basically "cc'd" the DCC main twitter account with it too.

Edited by Dcc fan
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I honestly can't see them singling Jenna out specifically. As a dancer, she isn't really that young anymore to put a hold on her plans to stay on the team. Generally speaking she is obviously young, but if she wants to further her career she needs to act now. I just think she was the only retiring vet who didn't HAVE to leave-the others either had new job opportunities, had issues with weight warnings etc-and half of them became all stars.

I think that's the issue with Jenna, she doesn't have anything else besides DCC, no career or college to go back to. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

they are all Current

4 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGUb5XcU0AA-jNH.jpg:large (sorry I don't know how to make the picture show up but its the picture of them all in Canton, that I took off the "@cowboyscheerleaders" twitter account)

Top Row

Tess, Jessica, Selina, Milan, Kashara, Cersten, Khalyn, Madeline, Robyn, Maggie

Bottom Row

Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Tasha, Yuko, Erica, Stephanie, Jinelle, Amy L. Bess, Simone, Lacey

Edited by mcmrdh
mispelled Khalyn
  • Love 1

They HAVE to announce the team by this Friday, right? They surely won't give less than a week before the first preseason home game for marking Thunderstruck?

Edited by AmberRP
Spelling
8 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

First time poster! Just wondering what happens when they pick more than 36 (as in locker wise). I have heard Kelli state that the locker room is only built for 36 but I have never heard of someone not getting a locker. Do they have extra lockers in there or do people have to share lockers? Just something I have always wondered! 

I would love to see a cut girl try and challenge he Cowsboys legally on the fratenerization rule. Because regardless of what they sign, they have a case if it is not applied tbe same along all employees. Add that to the fact that is disporportionately impacts female employees, and the Cowsboys would have a total headache on their hands.

12 minutes ago, TNgirl1992 said:

First time poster! Just wondering what happens when they pick more than 36 (as in locker wise). I have heard Kelli state that the locker room is only built for 36 but I have never heard of someone not getting a locker. Do they have extra lockers in there or do people have to share lockers? Just something I have always wondered! 

@ShellyB can you answer this?

1 hour ago, NCDCCFan said:

The cover photo on he Facebook page was updated-Robin, Maggie, Stephanie. No Holly ?

Interesting, it looks like they changed it.  Earlier today they were using last year's photo of Robin-Kashara-Erica.  Although they are still using the Robin-Maggie-Holly one on the Dallas Cowboys web site.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, TNgirl1992 said:

I think they have extra, when they had 39 there were lockers on the other side of the wall I believe, but that may have changed since more than 36 has become common. Maybe they built more in? 

5 hours ago, mcmrdh said:

Top Row

Tess, Jessica, Selina, Milan, Kashara, Cersten, Khalyn, Madeline, Robyn, Maggie

Bottom Row

Chantel, Kelli, Kelsey, Tasha, Yuko, Erica, Stephanie, Jinelle, Amy L. Bess, Simone, Lacey

Thank you. I definately could not work out Selina and Khalyn I know that for sure. Those two looks so different to their cameo pics or since when they made the squad or so. Although I thought Selina looked like me (face wise) now with the way she had her hair done, even my bf (said to me "I didn't know you made some cheerleadering squad, her face looks a little like yours now, am I missing something? Or have you got a secret I don;'t know about?"

Some reason, in that picture I was only able to pic out Yuko, Jinelle, Maddie, Robin and Kelli, everyone else I don't remember much of. Is that bad?

• Love 1