Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I remember reading an article about why they go to Cali and it's definitely the heat thing. It's still hot, but I think it's not Texas hot.

10 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

No spoilers to give. Vacations are winding down, but rehearsals have continued sans camera crew. More can be covered without the lens. We have a few events in the pipeline before our first preseason game, which may or may not jive with any "timeline". There are still cuts to be made, but I can't speculate on when,  who or how many. IMO from being at rehearsals the last week, Seems some difficult decisions are on the horizon for K & J, as the remaining TCCs have strengths in many areas. 

Tell K&J that, as fans, we're fine with a larger squad. 

6mqJz.gif

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AnnMichele said:

Tell K&J that, as fans, we're fine with a larger squad. 

6mqJz.gif

Lol...the number 36 has more to do with how many bodies fit on the sidelines ?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

(original love of the DCC turned me into a major Cowboys fan) s

Oh MY Gosh ME TOO! I have a big blue Cowboys star on my car and must see every game!  I grew up on my family craze over Redskins so needless to say I am the odd ball at the Thanksgiving game!  There is no other NFL or any professional squad like DCC.

• Love 1
(edited)
49 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

We did go to Austin for training camp...I went for 3 seasons.

It had more to do with a very even climate to do the best training, not in  the Texas heat. A lengthy relationship with SoCal goes beyond the Jerry Jones ownership, so it continues to be cultivated. This year the stay is shortened, so the team can can do the final days at The Star. 

I will say as a person who is extremely negatively affected by humidity even if it is only in the 70s, I totally understand this.  The west is a lot drier and while yes its hot, its not as bad as the combination of heat and humidity. Miserable air quality and hot conditions are very harsh on physical activity. Some peeps are not affected by humidity at all and I am way jealous living in Virginia it has been in the upper 90s and humid for two weeks straight.☀?

Edited by DCCroutineFAN

I'm fine with a larger squad AS LONG AS it's because there are too many fantastic TCCs. These one year wonders/lets give her a chance girls make it difficult to watch the next season when they likely get cut. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Java said:

Exactly. Sean Spicer is a talking head who, given the turnover in that job, won't last through the first term.  He doesn't make policy and is just a cog in the wheel.  For a veteran DCC to flunk her interview over what his name is would be silly to me. Not when she brings far more to the table than not knowing a functionary's name. If she couldn't name the President, VP, or talk intelligently on policy and current events, that's an issue. 

Well, looks like you called this one correctly. Lasted all of 6 months.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, mittensgizmo said:

And it's super convenient for Cowboys fans in the south east to get to. It's only a 5 hour drive for me from Charleston. I honestly think the new stadium is driving up prices in ATL this year. 

Check your PM.

On 7/19/2017 at 2:16 PM, AmberRP said:

I'm dying for some spoilers here! Do we even know who has been called in the office a lot this year? That would at least give me someone to root or look out for (like Kelsey last year). 

I'm not dying like I was last year. I just don't care anymore b/c I don't even know who tf these girls are..and I'm not really "rooting" for anyone.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, atxdccfan said:

I mean if nothing else, Kelli specifically tells them they need to watch the news/read the newspaper.  There is no way anyone who is watching/reading the news daily in preparation for a job interview would not have known the name Spicer.  Now maybe to some it seems unnecessary for DCC to be expected to know this stuff.  IDK.  But I do know they've been told they need to know what's going on in the news.

This is the real mystery.  How was she on everything else?  I hope they will show more of the interview so we can see for ourselves.

This is the thing to me. The expectation is there for everyone auditioning. The expectation is higher for veterans.  I do think overall she has a great look, has had a chance to show her social skills representing the team for the past year and apparently danced her way on to Show Group. So it will be interesting!

9 hours ago, ShellyB said:

We did go to Austin for training camp...I went for 3 seasons.

Well, my cousin enjoys beautiful women as much as the next guy. But the whole family has thought for years he had a crazy obsession with football in general and the Cowboys specifically. Sounds like we have some good proof here of his fanatic obsession. Thanks for the info @ShellyB! This will be a fun fact to whip out over the big family Thanksgiving-fest LOL!

23 hours ago, Java said:

Someone on here had posted the cost to go to a game in just the mere mortal seats and it was upwards of a few hundred bucks. Tickets, parking, food... I bet Jerry makes a good amount of profit off that team, even with the crazy salaries and stadium upkeep. 

I know we could afford to go back in Texas stadium years 3-4 games a year, at least once a year in lower level. I have been to att ONCE in major nose bleed pre season. Couldn't drink or eat. I kid you not. Saddens me that something my family enjoyed is no longer an option although we do attend Allen Americans games on the reg now.

• Love 1
On 7/20/2017 at 9:19 PM, Java said:

Someone on here had posted the cost to go to a game in just the mere mortal seats and it was upwards of a few hundred bucks. Tickets, parking, food... I bet Jerry makes a good amount of profit off that team, even with the crazy salaries and stadium upkeep. 

IIRC, when they started selling season tickets to the new stadium, it started at a $15k buy in PLUS the cost of the tickets. It's one of the reasons tickets are relatively easy to snag, especially for the away team. Many lifelong fans were priced out of the new stadium. That's been several years ago now so not sure how it's changed. 

It's a beautiful stadium, but one of my least favorite places to attend a game because the crowd doesn't get rowdy enough for me :) 

Plus it's damned near impossible to take your eyes off the big screen! The touchdown decks were fun when the gals used to dance on them, but that doesn't happen anymore. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

The touchdown decks were fun when the gals used to dance on them, but that doesn't happen anymore. 

wow! I didn't know that. I didn't even notice they didn't show that part on the final episode of the past few seasons. Do you know why they stopped? 

Edited by DCCroutineFAN
11 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

wow! I didn't know that. I didn't even notice they didn't show that part on the final episode of the past few seasons. Do you know why they stopped? 

I think recall someone (not a cheerleader) fell from one or almost did?

Erica just posted on her Instagram wishing all the DCC good luck in Oxnard.   She wrote:  

"Unfortunately due to a neck and shoulder dance related injury, I am unable to join my teammates in cheering on our boys from Oxnard this year."

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Weren't the rookies replacing injured vets?

Injured vet and/or Megan was on weight probation. The rookies last year were on showgroup alternates so it's not like they were just any rookies. 

3 hours ago, mmm said:

I am glad that they didn't send Rookies like last year, I kinda find it insulting to the vets 

The rookies last year were on showgroup alternates so it's not like they were just any rookie. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

She and Madeline are kinda out of control with the boobage. I've never noticed that before. 

BOOBAGE  LOL LOL  !  thats funny! And Tasha does not look like she has a weight problem?

Hey look at that I started a new page  ☺

(edited)
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

No

It seems to me that waiting to the end to cut a bunch a girls is pretty cruel.  The kinder thing would be to space them out.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Does that mean they're done making cuts in general or just for this past week?

have they even had practice? i feel like they took their summer break, even kelli was on vacation.  i could be wrong tho. 

• Love 1