Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kitty teaches technique throughout the season. Sort of like special forces. She's not there every night. I think they've been doing technique Tuesdays through the off season. Not sure if she works one on one with anybody but at this level, she should be refining more than totally teaching new skills. 

Jenna's scar doesn't bug me in videos...but it is quite noticeable in photos - for instance that one on the windows at the Star dance studio.  I don't know what the answer is - you'd think if she could get it fixed cosmetically she would have done so already though...my guess is she can't.

Hardest cut ever?  Got to be Brianna if it's a rookie (although I can't imagine it being worse than Amy last year)...or maybe it will be Erica.

Just now, PixieDust said:

Ugh Amy's cut was so terrible, it is too hard to watch. I actually really liked Amy and wish she would have been able to make it. I think she did all she could though. 

Yeees, her cut broke my heart. She tried so hard, and I really liked her, i thought with just a little more work a little more time, she could have shown them what they wanted to see

1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Those high neck tops are horrid ?

Yeah, Im not a fan. it's rarely a flatting style of cut, and there's something off in the way they fit.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

If they only brought in the TC Candidates and the vets who would definitely make up the new squad, there would be no show because why would viewers want to watch the girls practice the routines for the upcoming seasons. Bringing in girls who probably would not make the team or vets who may be on the bubble for weight gain or other offenses which pisses off Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte brings in the viewers and ratings.

So you're saying they used this 18 year old girl to create drama?  If so, J & K should feel even worse.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

So you're saying they used this 18 year old girl to create drama?  If so, J & K should feel even worse.

Its not the first time. Every year, there are definitely girls that they take to TC for the drama of being cut after weeks of using them being 'on the bubble' for drama

• Love 1

I don't think Erin or Brianna were brought in for drama, though. If you're a strong enough dancer to earn a Barbie, it's not unreasonable in the snippet of time the judges get to expect that your overall dance skill will translate. There's usually a style miss once a year, I think this year just shows more than most. And we've seen some strugglers with style in the first couple weeks get things turned around.

I honestly like that they give some girls with potential a chance. It's a paid dance job for the time you're in camp...if you can swing it, I don't think it wastes most time. And it's a hobby that's also a job, you know?

The ones I do feel bad for are the ones who would have tried out for the Mavs or other squads if they'd been cut in time. 

• Love 2

Once again in my opinion, Kelli and Judy probably do not have the final say so in who is brought into TC. Meagan F. was brought into Season 5, but I bet dollars to donuts, Judy and Kelli were not thrilled about the whole thing, but they went along with it. I remember Judy saying she was hoping Lauren Gibler would have made TC instead. You can tell Judy does not care for some of the girls who are brought into TC or makes the team aka Courtney Cook, Stephanie H., Morgan and Kaitlyn from Season 8. I have no idea why they need to bring in x numbers of girls into TC especially ones who do not have a snowball in you know where of making it.

Edited by bigskygirl

Anthony Ramos is becoming as much nails on a chalkboard to me as Melissa Rycroft Strickland, so seeing he's back this week is kinda meh to me. i just hope he's not doing any more toe-curlingly cringey 'interviews' with the girls this time

• Love 6
11 hours ago, California Girl said:

It must be a pretty dramatic cut if Judy calls it one of the most difficult cuts ever.  Perhaps the person cries a lot?  Hmmm 

I think it is Brianna also....

( I also do not understand the " let's hit on Jenna" story line going on on other posts... I like Jenna- good Dancer ! And as far as her scar, if I remember her story line right as a rookie, she almost died from it... but came back as her love for dance as a motive.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

I think it is Brianna also....

( I also do not understand the " let's hit on Jenna" story line going on on other posts... I like Jenna- good Dancer ! And as far as her scar, if I remember her story line right as a rookie, she almost died from it... but came back as her love for dance as a motive.

her appendix ruptured when she was 6, which would eplain the size of the scar - a)it's stretched with her as she's grown, b)the surgery would have been more invasive then than now and c) if the appendix actually ruptured versus inflamed, it would have been a much larger incision.  Her scar doesn't bother me at all, but I know it does some people but for me personally, as someone with  lot of scars, far larger and 'uglier' than Jenna's, I guess I'd just have to wonder as to the mindset of people that think she should spend thousands of dollars to 'fix' something rather than just ignore it, esp as it might not be fixable and she may not care about it.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Once again in my opinion, Kelli and Judy probably do not have the final say so in who is brought into TC. Meagan F. was brought into Season 5, but I bet dollars to donuts, Judy and Kelli were not thrilled about the whole thing, but they went along with it. I remember Judy saying she was hoping Lauren Gibler would have made TC instead. You can tell Judy does not care for some of the girls who are brought into TC or makes the team aka Courtney Cook, Stephanie H., Morgan and Kaitlyn from Season 8. I have no idea why they need to bring in x numbers of girls into TC especially ones who do not have a snowball in you know where of making it.

I agree. I think CMT producers have a strong hand in who makes training camp too. Even more so with the newer seasons. It is so obvious when Kelli and Judy don't like a girl and didn't bring them into training camp on their own terms. Remember when they cut Kathyrn Dunn, like, the 2nd night of training camp her second time around? If I remember correctly, no one was really wowed by her at auditions and some judges flat out were like, hell no. But yet she made it in anyway only to get cut right away. Another example that comes to mind is when Kelsey made it into training camp--omg Kelli was so rude and snarky to her, like a flat out being a bitch to her. Yes she eventually made the squad, but it felt like she was there completely against Kelli's wishes and Kelli let her have it. The producers look for drama and it's becoming more obvious when some of these candidates get casted for the show, as opposed to making it into camp organically (if that makes sense)

• Love 5

so Erica and Holly are doing a live video - apparently Erica has 5 bulging (i guess she means herniated?) discs and tore her labrum (shoulder joint) from all the hair flips, and is in PT 3x a week.  says she'll be 'back in action soon' though Im guessing thats not withe DCC.

When asked what she's going to be doing in the future, Holly did the whole 'zipped lips's thing, and Erica said to stay tuned, can't give it all away
When asked if Erica was coming back next year, she super deflected with 'Im totally coming back to this fro-yo store next year'....

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 1

"Are you coming back next year?"

Erica: Oh definitely coming back to this fro yo place 

She did say "who knows" as to if she'd audition again, so that makes me fully believe she was cut. Her "injury" doesn't seem too serious to me honestly if she's dancing around and hitting it up in Baton Rouge.

"What should we be for Halloween? Should we dress up as DCC?" The salt, the shade...

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3

Masterfully evading any and all questions on why they quit, if they quit, if they'd try out again. Either they can't talk about it - which I'd expect because of the show - or don't want to

Holly says shes single

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

so Erica and Holly are doing a live video - apparently Erica has 5 bulging (i guess she means herniated?) discs and tore her labrum (shoulder joint) from all the hair flips, and is in PT 3x a week.  says she'll be 'back in action soon' though Im guessing thats not withe DCC.

They literally are ignoring every single question asked about DCC and why they are not on the squad. Why do a live stream if you're not going to mention it at all? #annoyed

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 2
Just now, NMDD43 said:

They literally are ignoring every single question asked about DCC and why they are not on the squad

yup. I'd guess they're not allowed to talk about it, probably non-disclosure stuff with either the show or DCC

• Love 1
Just now, CaseyRe said:

yup. I'd guess they're not allowed to talk about it, probably non-disclosure stuff with either the show or DCC

I get that, but I just think it's annoying to even do a live stream like that knowing your fans are going to be asking those questions. Just leaves the bad taste in my mouth towards them and the whole situation ??

• Love 1
1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

I get that, but I just think it's annoying to even do a live stream like that knowing your fans are going to be asking those questions. Just leaves the bad taste in my mouth towards them and the whole situation ??

It will certainly drive ratings for the show...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Because Holly loves attention. She knew she'd get alot of views, she's young and still addicted to the praise. Sad really.

• Love 8
Just now, Pinknblue said:

It will certainly drive ratings for the show...

Keeps them both in the eye of DCC fans, esp with whatever these plans are that they have for the future.  I assume in Holly's case it's more than just the website she launched, and in her stories she was flying (I assume to Dallas as that's where she is)for 'work'.

oooh the shade - got praised for not throwing shade or being petty over how badly they've been treated...so even though they won't talk about what happened (for whatever reason) they'll take praise for 'not' being petty

• Love 4

Holly just read out a comment that was along the lines of 'the willpower you and Erica have in not disclosing how you've been wronged by DCC is seriously inspiring, keep up the good work'. They both said thank you and Erica said 'that's awesome'. 

So clearly something shady went down with both of them getting screwed over. 

Side note: they answered one of my questions which was super cute! That was nice of them. 

• Love 2

Holly was wronged...suuuure.

We don't know yet about Erica but I doubt she was wronged as well. I just don't see them kicking out their most visual and popular dancer for no reason right before the season starts. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Because Holly loves attention. She knew she'd get alot of views, she's young and still addicted to the praise. Sad really.

I liked Holly a lot before watching that live video and now I can totally see what you and other posters have been saying for a while now. She really just seems so into herself and couldn't stop flirting with her reflection. She just didn't seem that genuine or warm. At moments she actually seemed a little snotty ??

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I liked Holly a lot before watching that live video and now I can totally see what you and other posters have been saying for a while now. She really just seems so into herself and couldn't stop flirting with her reflection. She just didn't seem that genuine or warm. At moments she actually seemed a little snotty ??

Agreed but I have to say I find them both rather sickening 

• Love 2

1. I have never heard Erica speak for that long and continuos - OMG they let her go on appearances with that voice and kind of childish way of talking? Or is that just Holly rubbing off on her? 

2. Also for erica, there was definitely more than the injury that kept her out. They are both definitely bitter about something. 

3. They started the live video expecting a lot of questions about their DCC absence, however they probably discussed beforehand that they won't answer any DCC related questions and pretending to be mature and not petty. But when someone commented about how they were amazing  and showed control and didn't disclose their DCC woes, Holly took the time to address that. Yup- it really shows how she's mature and not petty (insert sarcastic laugh here) 

Edited by MelTexGirl
Typo
  • Love 5

A year ago when I first discovered this show, I though it was a fun diversion.  I binge-watched seasons 3-11 to get caught up.  And since I've discovered this forum and read bits and pieces of rumor and innuendo, I've come to the conclusion that the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are nothing more than corporately sponsored prostitution without the physical act of sexual intercourse.  Professional strippers without the table dances or removal of clothes if you will.  Yeah, I'm pissed off.  These girls are forced to live a certain way and the rules don't apply evenly to all on the team.  The girls are using sex to sell a brand.    Nevermind.........this shit disgusts me.  I hope Erica and Holly say fuck you to the Cowboys Organization and they write a tell-all book.  I have a friend that works for an attorney as his paralegal and she says there are myriad ways around non-disclosure agreements.  The easiest being writing a "fictional" account of what goes on without naming names.  Also, non-disclosure agreements cannot be constructed as to prevent someone that signed one from the ability to earn a living.  I am so pissed off........I should quit now.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 7

I never was a big Holly fan, and Erica was never on my radar.  However, my heart really goes out to both of them.  They are both enduring a very public situation, which is probably very humiliating to them both.  Furthermore, they can't tell their side of the story due to non-disclosure agreements.  That would just further frustrate me.  I'm sure Holly is inundated daily with private messages and questions about the situation.

I endured a very public shaming for cheating on lab assignment at age 20 (I was afraid I'd get a B in the class), at the hands of my university provost, At the time, my world had fallen apart.  In the grand scheme of things it was a blip.  There were consequences, but it wasn't life ending.   I became severely depressed and chose to hide under a rock.  Holly and Erica have chosen the opposite.  Everyone deals with pain differently, using the best tools they have at the time.  Unfortunately, most people in their 20's don't have many tools.  The whole kit is normally just sex, substances, and anger.

I have done so much dumb shit that seemed right at the time, it's actually funny.  I've often made the wrong choice because I was unable/unwilling to see the better choice.  I also know the wrong choice (like cheating, lying, breaking the rules etc.) is often the softer, easier choice (at least initially). This knowledge has been hard fought.  I have the scars to prove it--literally, and figuratively.  I actively applaud my friends who have endured similar personal struggles, yet were able to make the tough choices in their 20's and 30's.  And now they are reaping the benefits (I don't applaud that so much).

I don't really know what happened.  The rumors we've heard on here can't be the complete story.  I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what happened to Erica

I am currently lying in bed, on my laptop, writing about a situation where I am not emotionally involved, nor have to bear any of the consequences.  FROM THIS VANTAGE POINT I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS.

With all that said, I am choosing to go heavy on the empathy, and light on the judgement.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Yup. for all their 'we hate taking girls to TC and then cutting them' nonsense, they sure took a bunch of girls this year thaat were NEVER going to make the squad. maybe in a couple years Brianna would make it, with some intensive prep classes but I can't imagine why they took her this year except for the drama of it all (and her looks) and maybe (if im being generous) giving her a peek at wha it could be, what she could have, if she worked for it for future auditions.  she's cute and all, but nt DCC ready, not yet nd taking her to TC was just building her up for a fall

I have to go back and watch the episode.  Didn't someone in judges deliberations bring that subject up about Brianna or one of the new girls in the finals episode?  They were talking about bringing her in just to build up her want and passion for being there and if they have to cut the girl then she will be motivated enough to work on those changes and come back stronger next year.  I am going to rewatch tonight and confirm.

7 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Well the actual DCC does live streams every week where they ignore the bulk of the questions -- so it's not unique

3 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

A year ago when I first discovered this show, I though it was a fun diversion.  I binge-watched seasons 3-11 to get caught up.  And since I've discovered this forum and read bits and pieces of rumor and innuendo, I've come to the conclusion that the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are nothing more than corporately sponsored prostitution without the physical act of sexual intercourse.  Professional strippers without the table dances or removal of clothes if you will.  Yeah, I'm pissed off.  These girls are forced to live a certain way and the rules don't apply evenly to all on the team.  The girls are using sex to sell a brand.    Nevermind.........this shit disgusts me.  I hope Erica and Holly say fuck you to the Cowboys Organization and they write a tell-all book.  I have a friend that works for an attorney as his paralegal and she says there are myriad ways around non-disclosure agreements.  The easiest being writing a "fictional" account of what goes on without naming names.  Also, non-disclosure agreements cannot be constructed as to prevent someone that signed one from the ability to earn a living.  I am so pissed off........I should quit now.

I get it. It cracks me up when people clutch their pearls and say stuff like "Holly is too flirty! She is so full of herself".

they hired her to be that way. No shock there. Those girls are there to be the T&A entertainment for men -- their own owner has said as much in the past. There is a type for every guy. Trust me, they want the Hollys of the world -- they just tend to dispose of them more quickly.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

They are both enduring a very public situation, which is probably very humiliating to them both.  Furthermore, they can't tell their side of the story due to non-disclosure agreements.

This is what I don't get...if they were so publicly humiliated & can't discuss what happened, why do a live chat?  My guess is that they want to show the public how "over it" and mature they are, and people are obliging them with their comments on how "wronged" they were.  "Here I am, pity me, but I'm not telling you what happened" isn't all that mature.  I'd have some respect for Holly if she would have done the "great things to come!" posts (minus the toilet emojis & ridiculous crap about karma) & then advertised her dance classes...she just happens to like the adoration a lot more.

• Love 6

I know it's a tiny thing, and petty as hell, but it drives me nuts when people chew/smack their gum with their mouth open. I just..my parents would have come done on my like a tonne of bricks if i did that, and probably still would despite my age. it's just so unnecessary and nasty and Holly does it all the time on live chats. i know, I know, petty but it drives me crazy

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

This is what I don't get...if they were so publicly humiliated & can't discuss what happened, why do a live chat?  My guess is that they want to show the public how "over it" and mature they are, and people are obliging them with their comments on how "wronged" they were.  "Here I am, pity me, but I'm not telling you what happened" isn't all that mature.  I'd have some respect for Holly if she would have done the "great things to come!" posts (minus the toilet emojis & ridiculous crap about karma) & then advertised her dance classes...she just happens to like the adoration a lot more.

It's clearly for attention. If they wanted to show they were over it, they would behave like Mandy, who truly seems like she has the DCCs in the rear view mirror and is moving the hell on. The show also pretended like she didn't exist (similar to how I assume they'll treat Erica). 

I've never been a Holly fan, but I've always liked (and still like) Erica. However, I kinda give a Holly a more of a pass than Erica. Rumors (which are not flattering) are flying about Holly, and she has to know that the show is likely going to present her in a very negative light when they air whatever happened. Now the negative light may well be 100% accurate (based on her behavior since she was cut, she seems immature and petty), but I can get why she may want to counter whatever is coming. She's also 20. Erica should be 26 or 27 by now. MANY ppl her age are working in corporate America for companies and bosses who don't give a damn about them, except for how they affect the bottom line. So, while I agree that DCCs are shady, so are a lot of employers. That's the game. Once you've been in a few years, you gotta know how to play it or leave. Not saying she can't be upset or salty, I just find it to be a worse look for her, honestly. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

They literally are ignoring every single question asked about DCC and why they are not on the squad. Why do a live stream if you're not going to mention it at all? #annoyed

For attention. They obviously know people are going to ask those type of questions..because who else follows them besides former/current DCC's and fans.

6 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

1. I have never heard Erica speak for that long and continuos - OMG they let her go on appearances with that voice and kind of childish way of talking? Or is that just Holly rubbing off on her? 

That's how she speaks. Nothing to do with Holly.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

This is what I don't get...if they were so publicly humiliated & can't discuss what happened, why do a live chat?  

See comment above (lol). It's very clearly a "look and see how okay and happy we are w/o the team..oh and we're together" moment.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Yeees, her cut broke my heart. She tried so hard, and I really liked her, i thought with just a little more work a little more time, she could have shown them what they wanted to see

Yeah, Im not a fan. it's rarely a flatting style of cut, and there's something off in the way they fit.

Although I like Christina, I wonder how they justified her making the team and Amy not . I always rooted for Amy and I hope DCC didn't ruin her spirit.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

Although I like Christina, I wonder how they justified her making the team and Amy not . I always rooted for Amy and I hope DCC didn't ruin her spirit.

I guess their justification is that she was a better dancer.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

For all they go on every year that the competition is that much tougher, that the talent is that much grethis year I think with so many vets retiring/cut/quitting, they had to lower their standards to fill the 36 spots, despite the fact we know K&J will cut below the 36 if they don't think the girls are up to it. this year, instead of doing that, they've got girls that have mediocre (at best) kicks, others that clearly mark their dances/seem to get lost part way through/seem gassed out super fast and I dont know why. if you want to claim being the best of the best, take the best nad have fewer than 36 girls, dont fill the spots just to fill them

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3

If all of this Holly and Erica mess didn't go down, who do you all think wouldn't make it because of them. I'm sure as hell that Christina knows she wouldn't be there if it wasn't for 2 vets leaving. Maybe Lauren (the rookie with the weight issues)?