Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Personally I don't see it fair to judge an entire performance or the team based on one picture, most of which are them in movement and not every hand or foot is going to be place. I expect that kind of precision from Marines, not NFL dancers. 

I think there's a difference between "judging an entire performance or the team based on one picture' which I haven't really seen anyone do, and questioning why the official DCC instagram would be posting so many pictures in which the dancers look so out of step with each other. surely there are numerous pictures to choose from, and choosing ones with literally no girl in sync with any other, or with poor kicks, or unflattering pictures of the girls or what have you, just seems weird when we all know how exacting Kelli and Judy are in regards to the appearance of the team as the best of the best.

• Love 5

Tasha looks really beautiful in the last picture posted on instagram in which someone in the back (whose face cannot be seen) is clearly off. That's probably why that one was posted. I do think Tasha looks a bit older than the other girls, but she is very photogenic.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Tasha looks really beautiful in the last picture posted on instagram in which someone in the back (whose face cannot be seen) is clearly off. That's probably why that one was posted. I do think Tasha looks a bit older than the other girls, but she is very photogenic.

• Love 3

Maybe because they (photographer, and yes Kelli and Judy) don't see it as that important? The majority of fans just oggle over the girls. I'm just appreciative that we're getting more Social Media action in general. The girls are MOVING, not saying that there aren't girls making mistakes but it's better to judge by a video than some picture. I guess I'll take the unpopular opinion, I just think sometimes we can be more judgemental than K&J.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Putting in my two cents. The DCC Organization can market themselves by saying they are the best and a world class organization until the cows come home, but marketing and saying they are the best and actually being the best and world class are two different things.

I agree.  It's like Miss Mary Cooper says, "You can put cats in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits."   They've shown some photos this season so far that makes them look sloppy.   

39 minutes ago, kary said:

DCC just posted a pix on insta.  Who is that that is completely out of step?  Why would DCC post this??!!!!!!!

Cuz it's da best dey got ???

Can we all say "fluffy fluffy fluffy like the stay puff marshmallow man" Tasha, person to the right of Tasha and person to the back of Tasha ..... 

IMG_2006.PNG

Edited by lfedncr
Specific
  • Love 3

The twitter account posted a clip of Group 1 dancing during the first quarter change. It's not close up, but I think they look better and sharper than previously (even though the choreo is awful). 

The social media needs to do better in selecting pics, but I really appreciate all of the videos. 

Just now, CaseyRe said:

I wonder why? she was definitely there, and Simone was featured on the dcc insta stories. I wonder if injured or benched...

Idk, she was in uniform in the tunnel for halftime, though that doesn't mean she performed that either. Probably injury. She was injured for a bit last year too.

40 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Idk, she was in uniform in the tunnel for halftime, though that doesn't mean she performed that either. Probably injury. She was injured for a bit last year too.

Watching the game on tv and just saw Simone on the sidelines in uniform and cheering with her group

Holly has been sleeping with Zeke for the past year. When K&J asked her about drinking underage at Citizen she denied it. Jenna owned up to it. They basically gave her the option to either quit gracefully or she'd get released. She chose to quit. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Holly has been sleeping with Zeke for the past year. When K&J asked her about drinking underage at Citizen she denied it. Jenna owned up to it. They basically gave her the option to either quit gracefully or she'd get released. She chose to quit. 

And how did they initially find out about this? 

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

And how did they initially find out about this? 

Not sure about her sleeping with Zeke but I'm sure they found out about her poppin bottles with Zeke because I posted about it on here after I saw them

• Love 1

Ah, to be young again...making permanent life decisions over a very temporary situation. If it's been going on for all of the past year, she's just been one of many. But these kinds of lessons are what being 20 is all about. Hopefully she's at least had fun. Not sure the risk was worth the reward.

I appreciate Zeke's skills on the field, but he doesn't make the short list off of it. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Yep this is the exact same story I heard and posted about a few weeks ago . I truly believe this is the real story. 

• Love 6
On 9/9/2017 at 6:25 AM, Spooky said:

Gina is on my last working nerve; always has a smirk on her face and her interviews irk me.  I just can't get into this season or any of this year's TLC's and I don't know why.  I' usually watch the show a couple times, but now I watch it once and maybe a second time on fast forward just to catch more of the vets.   

THANK YOU! I'm not sure why, but I can't stand her. 

As for the Holly/Jenna thing... what we're saying here is that Holly was forced out because she tried to hide it, but Jenna who already got in trouble once for fraternizing and was caught doing the same thing while being a group leader AND after she had that weird "ready to step up?" conversation was fine because she admitted to it? So girls, the moral of the story is f*** the rules but go tell on yourself to K&J and you are in for the long run! 

And don't get me wrong, I believe both of them should be out of the team, just like they did with Paige. I don't agree with the rules but if you do it to one of them, do it to all of them. At least Paige got a ring out of this.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

THANK YOU! I'm not sure why, but I can't stand her. 

As for the Holly/Jenna thing... what we're saying here is that Holly was forced out because she tried to hide it, but Jenna who already got in trouble once for fraternizing and was caught doing the same thing while being a group leader AND after she had that weird "ready to step up?" conversation was fine because she admitted to it? So girls, the moral of the story is f*** the rules but go tell on yourself to K&J and you are in for the long run! 

And don't get me wrong, I believe both of them should be out of the team, just like they did with Paige. I don't agree with the rules but if you do it to one of them, do it to all of them. At least Paige got a ring out of this.

That's something that drives me crazy with K&J - they're never consistent. it's all dependant on how they feel about the girl. one girl will make a tiny mistake and she's gone, others could kill a player on the field and not get benched, it's crazy.  they play favourites so much it's ridiculous

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Jennifer has an obvious muffin top.

This DCC on the left looks pregnant and "hippy"

Tasha & Maddie look "thick"

Pictures snipped from here:  http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2017/09/10/dcc-week-1-gallery-presented-ideal-dental?sf113015869=1

Muffin Top.jpg

Pregnant & Hippy.jpg

Tasha & Maddie.jpg

Oh my - you are right...    Yeah - I've been starting to suspect that Madeline looked kind of big on the show but was not sure - that pic is pretty strong evidence.

Jennifer kind of has an excuse being that she's retired and 30, but she was pretty soft most of last year.

• Love 1

What?!?!!! 

If these incendiary rumors are true then the Cowboys organization was truly in an untenable position, especially since they likely know more about this particular player's background than is even out in the media.  

In this situation, if something happens to a DCC, and the Cowboys organization was in any way forewarned of the situation and did not implement company policy in an attempt to stop it, that there would be bad for business.  

The only thing I wonder is why they did not enforce the rule sooner if indeed this has been going on for a year.  It is almost like they had to wait for another type of fireable offense or infraction, to save themselves the headache of having to enforce an old-fashioned -- albeit necessary -- rule in its inherently throwback, sexist way (i.e., against the cheerleader but not the player).  Our girl gave them the excuse they needed with her behavior at the club.

Edited by California Girl
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Oh my - you are right...    Yeah - I've been starting to suspect that Madeline looked kind of big on the show but was not sure - that pic is pretty strong evidence.

Jennifer kind of has an excuse being that she's retired and 30, but she was pretty soft most of last year.

During the half-time show I kept thinking Madeline looked 'soft' in the abdomen region. she's obviously a slim and fit girl, Im not calling her fat or thick, but in comparison to a lot of the other girls, her stomach is definitely softer

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

Not sure about her sleeping with Zeke but I'm sure they found out about her poppin bottles with Zeke because I posted about it on here after I saw them

I guess congrats? IDK I think posting this about some random stranger on a message board where you think someone will see it and they will suffer consequences is a bigger issue in the game of life than anything Holly did, but hell I am not K&J.

Honestly, the most disturbing part of this story is Holly's horrific taste in sexual partner. But it does make sense and sounds very Cowboys to me -- this dude assaults women, so let's definitely remove any distraction/temptations and punish the woman instead of expecting him to act like a functioning human in society.

• Love 13

I wonder if the lying probably really pissed them off and frankly, it's a stupid lie. Holly has a distinctive look with red hair, and they were in a public bar. I'm sure many people saw her. Had not Jenna lied, I assume she would probably be off the squad as well at this point.  It doesn't appear to be information that would be difficult to verify if they wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Also, is Zeke the same player Holly was rumored to be sleeping with/dating last year? If so, she continued with the relationship after getting in trouble for it the first time. Not shocking, but that probably really pissed off K&J as she got the same slap on the wrist that Jenna did last year (assuming the rumors were true of both of them last year). I've said before that I think the no dating players rule is patronizing and I don't like it, but if you agree to abide by it.....

Also this entire story really drives home how pathetic Jenna is. Sleeping with a dude on the time, getting caught, still trying to be a hanger on and get caught again, and still desperate to cling to the cheerleading squad. It's like a high school movie, but with grown adults.

move on, girl.

• Love 9

I think part of it was because Jenna technically didn't do anything illegal

I also think part of it was because it was Dak vs. Zeke.  Dak manages to stay out of public trouble. Zeke is a garbage human. Every day is a new opportunity for a scandal with him, and they are public and publicized. Being with him, in Kelli and Judy's eyes, poses a bigger risk to DCC and its image.

I mean if Holly got caught underage drinking with Zeke damn good chance he provided the alcohol to a minor.

Or Jenna provided alcohol to a minor. Take your pick.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 3

The behavior at the club may have been the stated reason for asking her to retire but -- if the rumor is true -- then the actual, underlying reason for asking her to retire is what has allegedly been going down for the past year.  

The other one has not continued to engage in that underlying type of behavior since her initial warning some time back.  That is why I think they were treated differently.  And of course one was honest and forthcoming when confronted with her transgression, and the other was not.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I also think part of it was because it was Dak vs. Zeke.  Dak manages to stay out of public trouble. Zeke is a garbage human. Every day is a new opportunity for a scandal with him, and they are public and publicized. Being with him, in Kelli and Judy's eyes, poses a bigger risk to DCC and its image.

I mean if Holly got caught underage drinking with Zeke damn good chance he provided the alcohol to a minor

This I agree with to an extent although, Holly may have had a fake ID or knew the management at the club to get in in the first place (regarding the alcohol issue). However, no doubt the real and underlying reason for the "resign or be fired"thing  is the Zeke thing. Not just that she was sleeping with a player but WHO it was. They definitely didn't want that to become public. The show I'm sure will focus on the underage drinking angle.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, California Girl said:

The behavior at the club may have been the stated reason for asking her to retire but -- if the rumor is true -- then the actual, underlying reason for asking her to retire is what has allegedly been going down for the past year.  

The other one has not continued to engage in that underlying type of behavior since her initial warning some time back.  That is why I think they were treated differently.  And of course one was honest and forthcoming when confronted with her transgression, and the other was not.

But she was continuing her behavior -- this isn't her first time getting caught...

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Jenna. She's been caught with players beforeShe's been caught with players before

What is her continuing behavior- just being in the same club with Zeke and drinking? It would depend on what the nonfraternization policy actually is as to whether that's a violation. Or is there some other information to suggest that she's still dating a player?

And with that, I'll step away from the convo. I can only talk so much about grown, consenting adults sleeping together before it starts to feel off lol. 

• Love 1

I find the whole 'no dating/talking to/being around the players' rule hella sexist and patronizing. It's to protect the players images predominantly, especially those that are married/in a relationship and incapable of keeping it in their pants, particularly on the road.  Rather than teach men to be faithful and respectful, the girls are expected to ensure they're off limits, to the point where in previous years being at the same party that a player crashed meant having to leave immediately and still facing K&J if you were reported (and who even does that?!?! it's like when I was at school, we weren't allowed to be seen to eat or drink in uniform while in public even outsdie school hours and members of the public actually WOULD call the school to report that one of us had been seen with a water bottle on the bus or whatever. those people need lives asap), even if you weren't in the same damn room as the player, and you were invited and he wasn't and you didn't know he'd be there.  Its more of the whole 'the cheerleaders are meant to be viewed as super sexual and hyper-sexualised, and seemingly available but not actually be sexual' thing the DCC have going on.   HOWEVER, if it's a rule, it's a rule, no different to an office that prohibits office romance. 

I know your teens/early 20s you can have some terrible taste in guys, but wowza, if true Holly has some awful taste in guys.

• Love 4

Oh yeah, I want to be clearly in the record that that rule is dumb, sexist, and I think maybe not legally able to be enforced if someone decided to push it. It's clearly discriminatory -- you can say the DCC is different than the Cowboys, but it is the same employer.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Lacey needs to be point. End of discussion. This isn't my favorite routine but they make it look good! 

I agree, I love Lacey as point.  I love Lacey PERIOD! she is top notch to me!

• Love 7
Just now, mcmrdh said:

I agree, I love Lacey as point.  I love Lacey PERIOD! she is top notch to me!

I've really warmed to Lacey recently, she ws always a background girl for me, didn't dislike her or her dancing, but she just wasn't up front and centre in my mind, but of late I've really been enjoying watching her perform, would love to see her as point, too!

• Love 4

This is something these 2 ladies were VERY well aware of and continued with the flagrant behavior. It occurred last year, both were removed from the USO tour due to their indiscretions. Despite that they continued with the behavior on multiple occasions. K & J looked the other way until the could not.  If it would have been any other 2 ladies they would have been immediately dismissed from the squad last year.  I think most people on here are upset with the looking of the other way and not being consistent in what were printed-signed contracts imposed by K & J as well as the Cowboys organization.

• Love 7