Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah, her injury was shoulder related so she wouldn't be practicing anyway, though I'd thought she'd at least sit with the vets during talk time. 

Right? That is super odd for her to not be sitting with them at all

15 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

I can't believe Jessika made it back after her trainwreck of a solo that was posted. What do they see in this girl? 

OMG, yes!  That was HORRIBLE!  I notice they didn't show it during the episode.  And, I can imagine Kelsey being very tense on the day of auditions -- let's be honest, she wasn't a shoo-in to make it back and she knew that.  Glad she did though!

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

OMG, yes!  That was HORRIBLE!  I notice they didn't show it during the episode.  And, I can imagine Kelsey being very tense on the day of auditions -- let's be honest, she wasn't a shoo-in to make it back and she knew that.  Glad she did though!

Is there a link to Jessika's solo? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kary said:

Thank goodness she has the Frisbee guy.  Her teammates have never liked her....long before Mr. Frisbee came along.

regardless if they like her or not, she's a DCC and SOMEONE must like her.  Apparently the ones that don't, ...don't really matter anyway! LOL girl is smoking. #someoneissalty

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I think Christina is awesome and I hope she's a DCC for many years. If she turns out to be a 1 year girl, at least she made it and got to live out her dream.

I  agree, I like her. Good for her!

• Love 4

I thought MTT showed KaShara as G4 leader instead of Erica because pre-season was underway and its obvious Erica isn't leading a group. Since MTT won't be dealing with her departure yet (she did go to the HOF with DCC), why confuse casual viewers with Erica being named a GL, then not seeing her on the field? Only a handful of MTT viewers chat online. That said, there had to be an announcement of 2nd leaders too, so why not just edit KaShara's name in for GL? Saying "Erica" but showing KaShara was incredibly sloppy editing, and the tech should get written up.

I hope Christina isn't a one-and-done DCC, but her kicks have been rather atrocious. She worked long and hard to be a DCC, so I hope there's improvement. Such a shame if there isn't.

I think the show has been fine this year, though I also wish they'd feature more dancing, less talking. I think I feel somewhat disconnected from these Rookies because I've watched past seasons so much, those girls are like old friends, once removed. Lol. But I'll keep watching!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I am thinking Kalyssa is in show group for her captivating flirt factor.

.Kalyssa.jpg.0b3ad0929eea8e388334fbf135a8f9fa.jpg

Her and Tasha both. I do think Kalyssa had nice pop, and since they noticed the over performance early on, I'm assuming they've taken steps to correct it. That seems to be a common issue with the gals coming from a basketball team, especially when they don't have years of technical training. 

I don't mind a couple girls on show group to fill a glamour girl position...even an average DCC is still pretty solid. Kalyssa probably kills the hip hop numbers. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Her and Tasha both. I do think Kalyssa had nice pop, and since they noticed the over performance early on, I'm assuming they've taken steps to correct it. That seems to be a common issue with the gals coming from a basketball team, especially when they don't have years of technical training. 

I don't mind a couple girls on show group to fill a glamour girl position...even an average DCC is still pretty solid. Kalyssa probably kills the hip hop numbers. 

She did. There was a clip of her doing the intro improv and the DCCs sitting down went crazy over her.  Hip hop is definitely her strength. 

• Love 1

I don't get the justification of the Erica misrepresentation. It's not confusing if you just like, show what happened. Show Erica being named. Show her leaving the squad. Show KaShara being promoted. Seems pretty simple to me.

I stand by my original theory -- if we aren't seeing it, it is because it makes DCC look bad, not Erica.

It's also worth noting it's not like some random obsessed DCC super fans had to do some hardcore super sleuthing to find out Erica was a group leader.

They announced it on social media.

The weird part is that they publicly announced something and now are trying to gaslight people like they never did it. 

• Love 14

So I wonder if they pulled Erica from group leader earlier than we thought. Each leader was the point of their group on the Michelle Keys dance and Kashara was the point person. Maybe they didn't say Erica was group leader because she wasn't one long enough to even acknowledge. Was she even there that day? 

• Love 2
Just now, pizzaislife said:

So I wonder if they pulled Erica from group leader earlier than we thought. Each leader was the point of their group on the Michelle Keys dance and Kashara was the point person. Maybe they didn't say Erica was group leader because she wasn't one long enough to even acknowledge. Was she even there that day? 

She was injured, that's why she wasn't dancing. She's on the team up until HoF so they would have used Kashara regardless.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She was injured, that's why she wasn't dancing. She's on the team up until HoF so they would have used Kashara regardless.

But maybe @pizzaislife is onto something and she was pulled as GL earlier than we thought, and it was because of the injury.

I don't post here much but after last night's show I don't think I'll be watching anymore.  The new revamp is just boring and none of the girls are very interesting anymore. Combined with the Holly and Erica coverup and no spoilers and I'd rather clean out my closet. It's a shame because this used to be an entertaining show.

• Love 8
On 9/3/2017 at 7:55 PM, SimplePleasures said:

If we want answers and the show wants to pooh pooh away the ugliness, we must go to the guru that has the ability to root out the truth and I think he's right in Dallas, Texas.  He's famous for ripping apart the Bachelor / Bachelorette franchise with his spoilers.  Perhaps our good friend, RealitySteve, needs to take on a new reality show.  Anyone here have an "in" with Steve "RealitySteve" Carbone?  The "dirt" needs to be dug up.

I emailed him last week. So far, he hasn't replied. I'll try again.

• Love 3

Ok gals...here's what I sent Steve:

"I realize this is a bit OT, but it IS in your "wheelhouse" (and your hometown), so on behalf of several fans, I will pose this question...there's quite a few **viewers of the "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team" show who were hoping perhaps YOU could solve a mystery regarding the sudden disappearance of a veteran dancer on the current season. (**These would be the DCC fans who discuss the show on the Previously TV forums page.)

"Weeks ago, the DCC announced their 4 "Group Leaders" (they're like 4 "quarterbacks" of the squad, each in charge of their own group, and are generally the dancers with the most seniority). These 4 Group Leaders are such a big deal, the DCC even announces them in "real time" on social media in early summer. Each season when the show finally airs, there's always an episode that features the announcement of the four new GLs, showing each girl's excited reaction to being chosen, etc.  However, since the show has been taped weeks in advance, only the hard-core fans who follow the DCC on social media are already aware of who the 4 GLs are, as well as the 4 "alternates" (or Second-in-Command" for each group).  

"This summer, they announced veteran dancer Erica as one of the 4 GLs on social media, so hard-core fans already knew her name would be announced...but when that episode finally aired last week, viewers could clearly hear the director call out "Erica!" while the cameraman simultaneously showed Kashara (Erica's alternate GL) getting the congratulations.  It was the worst possible editing hack job for those of us who know the girls' names and faces. At first, we assumed it was some kind of mistake.

"But now we're noticing the show is purposely trying to "scrub" Erica from the footage. No explanation given for why Erica, a popular 5-year vet and former cover girl of the Cowboys Magazine, suddenly and inexplicably vanished. Rumors have been circulating, but nothing concrete as of yet. Have you heard anything about her odd disappearance?

"Since the show is clearly not going to address Eric's departure, choosing instead to pretend as though she never existed, the gals on the Previously TV forums (who acknowledge Steve Carbone as the "Undisputed God of Spoilers") were hoping you'd heard what happened. Since the Cowboys organization could have easily used the convenient "she was injured and had to leave for the season" excuse yet chose not to, it must be something big.

Thanks, Steve!"

• Love 4
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

They wouldn't pull someone out of GL because of injury, they've never done that before?

Meaning that they knew she wouldn't perform due to injury, so why keep her as GL?  Of course I know nothing, it's total speculation on my part, but this would make sense IMO.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:33 AM, DCCFAN71 said:

The blondes on either side of Madeline are Tasha and Gina. Kalyssa is front row far right.

Re. Show Group:  I thought the original list had 15 names/pictures, so since Holly's no longer on the team who did they name to replace her (and who is the 16th member)?  

Sorry the the picture didn't copy over...

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Meaning that they knew she wouldn't perform due to injury, so why keep her as GL?  Of course I know nothing, it's total speculation on my part, but this would make sense IMO.

I don't remember anyone calling Kashara a group leader before the final night when the team was announced. I do think that she had probably been the de facto group leader for a while though. I'm not sure the Erica release/cut/whatever was as shocking to the team as it was to us. It seems like she hadn't been dancing for a while, and it doesn't seem like she was ever in the formations. Now, I still think there was something else to her cut. If it was really all about the injury, no need for anyone to be so hush-hush about it. They could give her a really nice send-off on the show if it was just that, but regardless of the reason for her leaving, it seems like it may have been a bigger jolt to us than the team.

Anyone else's heart just sink when Melissa Rycroft was back last night? She's just awful and they're describing her as a 'big deal'.  Showmanship coach my ass.  Half the time I think she actually makes it worse for the girls, I rarely see any improvement in the ones she's decided to take under her wing

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

Re. Show Group:  I thought the original list had 15 names/pictures, so since Holly's no longer on the team who did they name to replace her (and who is the 16th member)?  

Sorry the the picture didn't copy over...

Amy L was added in Holly's place. 

34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But they didn't do that for Cassie and Angela when they were injured (much more seriously too) their GL years. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Anyone else's heart just sink when Melissa Rycroft was back last night? She's just awful and they're describing her as a 'big deal'.  Showmanship coach my ass.  Half the time I think she actually makes it worse for the girls, I rarely see any improvement in the ones she's decided to take under her wing

Ugh.  Yes.  I was like, "Not again."

The thing that gets me is that she was absolutely NOT a "superstar" while on the DCC. I'm sure her constant appearances irritates more than a few REAL DCC superstars.

• Love 6

I laughed so hard when Kelli said that the perfect body is old pinup - vintage pin-ups would be on weight warning immediately. they'd not even make training camp for looking 'heavy' or having 'jiggle'.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Same. Her "girls" don't tend to go on to be DCC "rockstars" either.

• Love 3

I bet dollars to donuts Melissa does not pick certain girls to mentor. I would not be surprise if CMT picks the girls for her. Saying she is a big deal and the best of the best in the DCC world is a very sad commentary. The only reason why she is there in the first place is the fact she became a D Celebrity in the Reality Television Show World. If she did not win DWTS or was dumped on The Bachelor, I am sure a lot of people would be saying Melissa Who???

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did Miss Kitty call out vet Yuko on the field, and it looks like vet Selina was called back into the office again in the previews for next week's episode.

She said something about a rookie ( looks like Tara) making her look bad.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nancy444 said:

Ugh.  Yes.  I was like, "Not again."

The thing that gets me is that she was absolutely NOT a "superstar" while on the DCC. I'm sure her constant appearances irritates more than a few REAL DCC superstars.

I don't particularly care for Melissa and her segments, but I don't mind that she wasn't a DCC superstar.  I think it makes her a great mentor of sorts for the strugglers, because Melissa definitely grew as a dancer or she wouldn't have won DWTS.  That show has its share of throwaways, but there are normally some fantastic dancers at the end.  How long does that show film?  If someone with a basic ability can improve in that short a time (especially the athletes and others that have little dance experience that end up on the show) there's no reason a TCC couldn't either, especially when there starting place is lights years better than the average DWTS contestant.  I see the parallel.

I think she's ridiculous and always looks a hot mess, but I respect her dance journey, such as it is.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Java said:

Outside of Holly and Erica, the other vets cut weren't show group worthy either. They just didn't take the right girls into TC the last 2 years.

I have to watch next week to see who auditions.  I don't think everyone in training camp auditions for show group for various reasons.  Show group is extra rehearsal time so even though there are amazing dancers on the team, they may no be able to fit an opportunity like show group into their schedule. Cersten didn't audition last year probably because she was studying for her medical exams.  She did audition this year because her exams are over and she is just waiting for when she can start med school.  

15 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

Probably my favorite theory up until now! 

Erica seems to have had the injury pretty early in TC already and that would definitely explain it.

Edited by Preity

On the dcc twitter or instagram  (I can't remember which one) they posted the show group members and someone asked about  Erica and Kelly replied that she's injured. I'll try to find the post and I will attach it. I'm thinking it was a more serious injury than just an operative knee injury. The big question is "What did Holly do to get cut?" She was one of the best performers and now she's gone so it must have been serious. I really liked Holly in her first year when she was still a humble young dancer but I think her fame went to her head and I found myself not liking her. After her wardrobe malfunction when she ran off stage some of her teammates reached out to her and she pushed them away. 

56 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I don't particularly care for Melissa and her segments, but I don't mind that she wasn't a DCC superstar.  I think it makes her a great mentor of sorts for the strugglers, because Melissa definitely grew as a dancer or she wouldn't have won DWTS.  That show has its share of throwaways, but there are normally some fantastic dancers at the end.  How long does that show film?  If someone with a basic ability can improve in that short a time (especially the athletes and others that have little dance experience that end up on the show) there's no reason a TCC couldn't either, especially when there starting place is lights years better than the average DWTS contestant.  I see the parallel.

I think she's ridiculous and always looks a hot mess, but I respect her dance journey, such as it is.

I don't mind that she wasn't a DCC superstar, because we all know she wasn't and in former seasons Kelli would acknowledge that, but in the last couple years and this year particularly there's been nothing to temper the idea that she's brilliance personified, the girls gush like she WAS a DCC superstar. that's part of my gripe, they act like she was THE dancer of her squad, going on about how amazing she is and being soooooo overwheled to meet her blah blah when lets face it, most people don't know or care who she is and she's not that great a dancer for these girls to be pretending like they're in the presence of greatness.  I know some of that will be CMT telling them to play it up to the cameras, like te girls acting like they're practically going to faint when the owner or coaches come in, but it get so fake and irritating to pretend Melissa ads anything to the TCCs chances

2 minutes ago, misty1976 said:

On the dcc twitter or instagram  (I can't remember which one) they posted the show group members and someone asked about  Erica and Kelly replied that she's injured. I'll try to find the post and I will attach it. I'm thinking it was a more serious injury than just an operative knee injury. The big question is "What did Holly do to get cut?" She was one of the best performers and now she's gone so it must have been serious. I really liked Holly in her first year when she was still a humble young dancer but I think her fame went to her head and I found myself not liking her. After her wardrobe malfunction when she ran off stage some of her teammates reached out to her and she pushed them away. 

in her defence, she's what 20, and still pretty immature emotionally? Im 32 and if that happened to me - in front of ALL of my bosses and colleagues and friends and CAMERAS for international broadcast- I'd want nobody touching me either. I'd just want to be left alone to pull myself together. I wouldnt want to talk to anyone or be near anyone, I'd be just wanting to die of mortification.  I think it's a perfectly normal response to not want people near her at the time, hardly something to judge her for.  She was clearly mortified and utterly humiliated

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, misty1976 said:

On the dcc twitter or instagram  (I can't remember which one) they posted the show group members and someone asked about  Erica and Kelly replied that she's injured. I'll try to find the post and I will attach it. I'm thinking it was a more serious injury than just an operative knee injury. The big question is "What did Holly do to get cut?" She was one of the best performers and now she's gone so it must have been serious. 

The last Erica mentioned of her injury was that it was shoulder related, and Holly quit. 

5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don't remember anyone calling Kashara a group leader before the final night when the team was announced. I do think that she had probably been the de facto group leader for a while though. I'm not sure the Erica release/cut/whatever was as shocking to the team as it was to us. It seems like she hadn't been dancing for a while, and it doesn't seem like she was ever in the formations. Now, I still think there was something else to her cut. If it was really all about the injury, no need for anyone to be so hush-hush about it. They could give her a really nice send-off on the show if it was just that, but regardless of the reason for her leaving, it seems like it may have been a bigger jolt to us than the team.

In next week's preview you can see Erica sitting on the stage with everyone for show group auditions.

This whole Erica situation is so strange.... and kind of getting on my nerves. The show is making this wayyy more complicated than it needs to be. Either edit her out completely, or show us what really went down. It feels like they are making (bad) editing decisions so last minute (like, right up until the show airs) and nothing is making sense to the fans/viewers. If this show has pounded anything at all into our heads, it is that no one misses practice. EVER. So to show her in some episodes and not at all in others is going to raise questions among viewers. They've explained in the past why people sit out of practice (Rachel and her injury- sat and watched practice) or why girls are not there at all (Yuko, Jinelle), so why not give Erica the same treatment? 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I don't get the justification of the Erica misrepresentation. It's not confusing if you just like, show what happened. Show Erica being named. Show her leaving the squad. Show KaShara being promoted. Seems pretty simple to me.

I agree somewhat, unless MTT thought it would be confusing to name Erica a GL, then fans not see her leading her group on the field.  But if they were just going to skim over her being a GL and just show KaShara, then the show flubbed even showing Erica's name called, cause they should have spliced in KaShara's instead. But they don't have to deal with Erica's departure until later in TC on the week it happened.   

Many keep posting about Erica's injury as if they actually know what it is and how bad. If someone does truly know, please speak up.  But citing others' injuries as "worse" when no one actually knows what Erica's injury is, is overreaching. Shoulder and back injuries can be extremely difficult to heal and difficult for people to see.  I recently met a woman with a shoulder injury, and I wouldn't have known if she hadn't mentioned that she was going into surgery. The surgery was after months of therapy, which resulted in her being able to lift her arm slightly above her waist.  

What started out as an injury that required a few weeks of physical therapy may have evolved into something much more serious, something that required Erica pulling out of DCC to deal with because there was no hope of her being able to dance on the squad this year.  Like Courtney leaving at the beginning of S8, the show may not fully reveal what happened because of privacy for Erica. I think MTT will deal with Erica's departure from TC, though to what degree I have no idea.  JMO, but though we're fans of  the squad and the show, we're not entitled to every detail of these girls' lives. 

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

But they didn't do that for Cassie and Angela when they were injured (much more seriously too) their GL years. 

Well, the one thing Kelli is consistent with year after year is how inconsistent she is in how she deals with matters, so IMO anything is possible.

• Love 5