Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Jinelle has a good shot at vet of the year, but not sure about pro bowl. 

Do you have any guesses?  KaShara certainly seems to be loved, she wouldn't shock me.

• Love 6

I wonder how the timeline of events went for the announcement of the team, the switching of groups, Erica's departure, and Kashara and Heather moving up. Especially with Heather only being a second year im sure she was surprised!

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, California Girl said:

It is too early to know of course, and I wouldn't want to jinx it (as with Erica for point girl), but yes, with this group of senior vets I think it is very likely that Jinelle will be the DCC's Pro Bowl representative.

I want to believe this too, but I'm thinking back to season 5 when there were so many upper vets (Brooke, tobie , Trisha, tia, Megan sharp, Jordan Baum, and they chose Brittany Evans, a 3rd year, to go to pro bowl. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
My autocorrect changed tobie to rogue?
  • Love 2

There are dancers and then there are DANCERS! The fact that they let Megan( spelling) go was a shame. Holly makes that team outstanding. Why would they expect a kid straight out of high school and a small town come to Dallas and adjust without some bumps in the road. I doubt Kelli Finglass was perfect. Have a heart people. 

Not sure this is the right forum but who is at point in this photo?

DGWMWF-U0AAokRl.jpg

Looks like Holly's issues might've started at Auditions (hope the link works)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added something
  • Love 2

I'm thinking Cersten not being a group leader has more to do with her schedule vs. commitment to the squad. She might also be a killer dancer and not have the desire to teach, lead or coach in any way than by example. I'm sure the ladies have some input if they want to be considered. 

I always figure the gals who are group leaders tend to be the same that teach dance as their part time jobs, love to nurture, etc. 

For all of Jenna's faults, I've heard she's a great coach on the dance floor and we've seen her do it on the show too. Season eight or nine she's specially shown doing it, I can't remember the later seasons. She's one of their stronger dancers, and she seems to be handling the chastising pretty well too. 

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, Dinahsb said:

The fact that they let Megan( spelling) go was a shame.

Megan C?  She retired...or do you mean you think they should have talked her into staying?  Personally, I don't think any amount of talking would have convinced her, I imagine she was so over that weight crap.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So Kashara goes from wearing the wrong top the first night of TC, to being point her third year?   That's just crazy.   Was she even in show group the past 2 seasons?

Don't forget she got rookie of the year that year. Don't think she got show group last year. 

1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Not sure this is the right forum but who is at point in this photo?

DGWMWF-U0AAokRl.jpg

Looks like Holly's issues might've started at Auditions (hope the link works)

Right after finals while they were waiting for deliberations to finish --  Holly, Jenna, Charlottes's daughter and some other candidates had an Instagram live session and honestly Holly looked normal. I don't know if she got over it really quickly or was covering up or masking her emotions, but i didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that she had a disastrous solo round. She seemed her normal, confident (maybe over confident) self. 

Also --- based on the video, the girl Kitty was giving feedback to? I forgot her name.  is that the $1000 dollar blouse?

Edited by MelTexGirl
6 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

Right after finals while they were waiting for deliberations to finish --  Holly, Jenna, Charlottes's daughter and some other candidates had an Instagram live session and honestly Holly looked normal. I don't know if she got over it really quickly or was covering up or masking her emotions, but i didn't see anything that would lead me to believe that she had a disastrous solo round. She seemed her normal, confident (maybe over confident) self. 

Also --- based on the video, the girl Kitty was giving feedback to? I forgot her name.  is that the $1000 dollar blouse?

Kelly Sherwood, yes

Edited by Tootie

Anyone else notice the little smirk and head shake Kelli did in that clip.  You can almost hear her thinking "Girl, you're a train wreck." Like she wasn't surprised at something unexpected happening. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

I'm wondering if the video is referring to the wardrobe malfunction that allegedly occurred during her solo. I could see her being embarrassed but recovering quickly afterwards. 

I liked Brennan and wish she had made the team. I liked her better than Christina and thought she looked better this year than she was last year.

Jinelle reminds me of Nicole Bulcher. Neither of them were the best in their rookie classes but they were good enough to make the team, have improved since, and have the longevity to stay on the team for 5 years. To make a cohesive, functioning team you need all types. You have your standout dancers (Melissa W), your ridiculously beautiful girls (Kelsey), and your strong leadership girls (Jen K). Then you have girls who may not standout or be the best on the squad but are strong and solid (like the child in the family that parents never really have worry about because they have their crap together). Jinelle is one of those to me. Those girls bring stability to a team by being low drama and doing their job. I loved Nicole and I love Jinelle. 

I can't wait to get to know the new rookies. Thursday cannot come fast enough.

• Love 14

Doesn't the honor and responsibility of 2nd leader usually go to a cheerleader who is on at least their 3rd year. That's why I'm surprised about heather and not so  about cersten. I remember season 7 when 3rd year Nicole butcher (one of my personal faves) was a 2nd leader due to the limited number of upper vets. Otherwise I'm not sure if she would be a top choice. I consider upper vet to be all star level, so at least a 3rd year. That's why with heather O, I'm shocked they jumped 3 eligible vets. Heather O is super cute though but someone I didn't pay much attention to. That sure changed today. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

Doesn't the honor and responsibility of 2nd leader usually go to a cheerleader who is on at least their 3rd year. That's why I'm surprised about heather and not so  about cersten. I remember season 7 when Nicole butcher (one of my personal faves) was a 2nd leader due to the limited number of upper vets. Otherwise I'm not sure if she would be a top choice. I consider upper vet to be all star level, so at least a 3rd year. That's why with heather O, I'm shocked they jumped 3 eligible vets. Heather O is super cute though but someone I didn't pay much attention to. That sure changed today. 

I don't think there was ever a limit on it, but I can't remember any 2nd years having a leader spot before. I'm interested to see new groups to see if they moved Simone and there wasn't a third year in the group.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Shallan said:

I'm wondering if the video is referring to the wardrobe malfunction that allegedly occurred during her solo. I could see her being embarrassed but recovering quickly afterwards. 

I liked Brennan and wish she had made the team. I liked her better than Christina and thought she looked better this year than she was last year.

Jinelle reminds me of Nicole Bulcher. Neither of them were the best in their rookie classes but they were good enough to make the team, have improved since, and have the longevity to stay on the team for 5 years. To make a cohesive, functioning team you need all types. You have your standout dancers (Melissa W), your ridiculously beautiful girls (Kelsey), and your strong leadership girls (Jen K). Then you have girls who may not standout or be the best on the squad but are strong and solid (like the child in the family that parents never really have worry about because they have their crap together). Jinelle is one of those to me. Those girls bring stability to a team by being low drama and doing their job. I loved Nicole and I love Jinelle. 

I can't wait to get to know the new rookies. Thursday cannot come fast enough.

Agree with this. Nicole was a 2nd leader for 2 years (Whitney, Lauren) then a 1st leader and pro bowl girl. Kelli liked that she was intelligent, well spoken, and didn't make mistakes. And drop dead gorgeous. Girl crush ?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Kelli liked that she was intelligent, well spoken, and didn't make mistakes.

I remember the season Nicole made it, Kelli commented (not sure if it was to Judy or in a talking head) that Nicole isn't the best in the room, but he has one heck of a memory and never made a mistake.  So I agree, the team likes to have all types.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Jay3 said:

Tina Kalina and her daughter Victoria Kalina was the other legacy! I follow Victoria on IG and she didn't make it, weird to see she wasn't aired on the show for auditions! Probably tried to keep her on the low. She was heartbroken. 

Never mind

Edited by missmansfield
Changed mind
36 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Doesn't the honor and responsibility of 2nd leader usually go to a cheerleader who is on at least their 3rd year. That's why I'm surprised about heather and not so  about cersten. I remember season 7 when 3rd year Nicole butcher (one of my personal faves) was a 2nd leader due to the limited number of upper vets. Otherwise I'm not sure if she would be a top choice. I consider upper vet to be all star level, so at least a 3rd year. That's why with heather O, I'm shocked they jumped 3 eligible vets. Heather O is super cute though but someone I didn't pay much attention to. That sure changed today. 

Jennifer Amburn made 2nd leader her 2nd year. She passed up 8 third year vets (Ashley,Danielle, Jasmine, Jenna, Jessica, Jordan, Kelsey, Kinzie) and 3 fourth year vets (Brittany, Katy, Veronica.)   Heather must have some really good leadership qualities that were never seen on the show.  Also, the team votes on RotY, so they must look up to her.  She's in the same club with Holly H, Jacie and Jennifer A.

• Love 4

More...i need more info on everything. Holly... eh I am not a fan. I liked her at first but she ended up giving off a vibe that just put me off of her. Really curious about Erica. She seemed so down to Earth, I didnt peg her as a rule breaker. Hopefully hers is an injury or an amazing opportunity. The lack of vets this year has made room for some lack luster rookies. Not a Christina or Miranda fan. No clue who anyone else is. Go Alexandria since you are the only one I remember. 

9 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Jennifer Amburn made 2nd leader her 2nd year. She passed up 8 third year vets (Ashley,Danielle, Jasmine, Jenna, Jessica, Jordan, Kelsey, Kinzie) and 3 fourth year vets (Brittany, Katy, Veronica.)   Heather must have some really good leadership qualities that were never seen on the show.  Also, the team votes on RotY, so they must look up to her.  She's in the same club with Holly H, Jacie and Jennifer A.

Exactly. It's a special occasion when a 2nd year is a leader so I need to know more about heather O. Like now. 

This is just a speculation and please don't judge me for it. Maybe Erica's being released from Training Camp is 30% her injury. And that will be probably be reason they will show on that particular episode. But maybe 70% is her recent Instagram posts with her new BF. And maybe the new BF is distracting her enough from some of her responsibilities. I don't know--- that is just a speculation. 

1 hour ago, MelTexGirl said:

Holly was definitely not OK after her wardrobe malfunction.  I know what IG live you are referring to because I saw part of it but remember that was probably six-ish hours after solo rounds.  The girls do solos, everyone takes a break, the girls change and head out to field for routine and kickline and then the judges go into their hours of deliberation. i don't doubt she was trying to put a happy face on but she was not her usual self; i definitely heard she was more somber than usual the rest of the night.  

26 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Jennifer was very vocal from the get go that she wanted to step up and take on any leadership roles that she could. Obviously she proved herself worthy and she got the opportunity to be GL2.  And now they are keeping her around to head up the Jr DCC program which is so cool.  Maybe Heather O has also spoken up about wanting to be involved in leadership, etc.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, MelTexGirl said:

This is just a speculation and please don't judge me for it. Maybe Erica's being released from Training Camp is 30% her injury. And that will be probably be reason they will show on that particular episode. But maybe 70% is her recent Instagram posts with her new BF. And maybe the new BF is distracting her enough from some of her responsibilities. I don't know--- that is just a speculation. 

I can't see a boyfriend being an issue or her letting it be when a good portion of the girls are in serious relationships or married. 

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I can't see a boyfriend being an issue or her letting it be when a good portion of the girls are in serious relationships or married. 

I know! Gosh this show is getting in my head! I just want to know what happens. 

7 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Jenna is one entitled piece of garbage.  How she hasn't been kicked off is a mystery to me.  Talk to ANYONE who has cheered with her, and the stories they will tell.  Geesh!!!

I can't stand Jenna either.  I wished she was the one gone this year.

• Love 3

Long time lurker, first time poster.  Waiting to watch the season unfold on MTT. Thanks for all the updates and back stories. I am a huge Jenna fan and have been. She may not be perfect, but she is human. I am so glad she's back this year. She seems to thoroughly enjoy being a DCC and the friendships she's made. Not attending the HOF festivities must have been a humbling experience for her and I hope she has learned a valuable lesson. Can't wait to see what happened with Erica and was surprised to hear about Holly quitting. This year looks to be interesting.

• Love 5

I'm very curious about Erica. Assuming she's got an injury that isn't expected to recover during the season, I can see why she'd be released from camp and/or talk through things with K&J and decide to step down. 

I do think if they're injured on DCC time there's something to be said for keeping the uniform and going only for appearances. Maybe she can go directly to All Star if she's interested?

Does anyone miss a year and then come back to All Star? 

6 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

23 vets, 13 rookies

6 year - 1

5 year - 1 

4 year - 1

3 year - 7

2 year - 13

Just a perspective of how few upper vets this year. I don't think it matters as much as it did 10 years ago, but man those were the days when everyone was a fifth year. 

Sure were!

Edited by Rita J
Stupid autocorrect

total guess...Jenna is 21 Holly isn't and that coupled with Jenna's "known" performance commitment to the org etc. she stay holly goes.

I am sad for Erika....but all along we have heard from those in the know it was injured reserve....I wonder if something happened at the HOF game but I highly doubt it....

Maybe Erica found out she wouldn't be able to dance for six months or more. Maybe she'll be back next year and they'll let her audition as a vet and not as a "start over" candidate. 

Then again, she's probably 26ish so she's just hanging up her uniform and calling it a day. On to other things. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Rita J said:

This! ☝️ I always thought Christina was lying about that hamstring injury when she got cut. She just had no flexibility.  And that INCESSANT BLINKING!!!! ?

I'm so devastated about Erica I can't even talk about it.  ?

The blinking and that annoying smacking sound her mouth makes when she talks! 

1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

The blinking and that annoying smacking sound her mouth makes when she talks! 

Uuuuuuuugghhhh!!!!! YES!  Now I don't feel like such a crazy person for noticing this type of stuff. ?Of course, I also cannot sit next to anyone with any kind of food in the movie theater.  ? It's a problem lol.  

I wish I wasn't always scanning the surface of the earth.  ?

I'm really wondering what happened with Holly.  Unless she's legally obligated to keep what happened under wraps (due to the show and the team) or it's not something she really wants to get around (like it's embarrassing), then she likely would have spilled by now, especially if it was good news, like she got an offer she couldn't refuse in terms of a job or dancing.

I just peeked at Holly's Insta and, on the picture with her and Jenna all glammed up and out on the town, her cap is "@KendrickLamar a night to remember".  Hmmm . . . makes me wonder.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4

Y'all. Allie, Raylee, and Heather may have needed to step it up a little as far as audition performance or weight, but if the positive attitude and work ethic was there...Especially throughout last season? Kelli and Judy have to be wishing they didn't cut all 3 of them in light of what has happened recently. 

• Love 5

@ShellyB When I toured The Star a couple of weeks ago, the guide mentioned that the cheerleaders were not happy with their studio at The Star. The guide said it was because people working out at Cowboys Fit can see directly into their studio. Is that why the photo wall is up during filming? And if this is true is anything being done to give the girls more privacy? 

8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Interesting....the new studio is amazing, state of the art equipment. The glass between the studio and gym is frosted with the script Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders etched across. When simply walking by, it's not that easy to see inside the studio. One would have to walk up to the window and be a looky loo....therefore, on non filming nights, we have security to discourage lingering. The glass is covered so there is a solid, non reflective background for filming. 

You can see a bit of the window (before it was covered with giant DCC photos) here

Edited by sleepyjean