Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Brennan got cut? Drats! While I didn't think she totally had the DCC look, I'd hoped she'd make the squad this year. Are we sure?

I do hope Christina makes it. I liked her back in S9.

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, DTrumpHasTinyHands said:

I always want comeback girls to make it the second time, even if I didn't love them the first time. Totally pulling for Cristina.

I'm totally pulling for her to 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If these girls keep quitting or getting cut, we're going to end up with Yuko at point. 

I wonder if they're regretting the Raylee, Allie, Little Heather cuts.

Calling it: yuko will get holly's spot on showgroup!

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

No clue, maybe they just removed her as a GL.

I qm thinking that Erica quit too since she hasn't be able to dance so far.

Or Kashara is taking them all out one by one to get all the honors! just kidding, i love her and she deserves all of that-especially since she made it seem like this is her last year. I'm sad about erica though.

• Love 3

I can't make this shit up.  I had a dream that Holly went to the Rhythm & Blue Dance Team.  In my dream she told Judy that style of dance suits her and allows her to have a life outside of AT & T Stadium.  I need to quit playing the drinking game after watching MTT or after reading these boards.  LOL! <hiccup>

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

I can't make this shit up.  I had a dream that Holly went to the Rhythm & Blue Dance Team.  In my dream she told Judy that style of dance suits her and allows her to have a life outside of AT & T Stadium.  I need to quit playing the drinking game after watching MTT or after reading these boards.  LOL! <hiccup>

That's really funny!

People have Madeline's (vet) face crossed out.  Is she really off the team?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, DaisyFields500 said:

That's really funny!

People have Madeline's (vet) face crossed out.  Is she really off the team?

There was a TCC Madeline who was cut. That's her in the image crossed out above. 

• Love 2
On 8/3/2017 at 9:21 PM, missmansfield said:

I was wondering that too.  They said they had 2 legacies and only showed one!

Tina Kalina and her daughter Victoria Kalina was the other legacy! I follow Victoria on IG and she didn't make it, weird to see she wasn't aired on the show for auditions! Probably tried to keep her on the low. She was heartbroken. 

5 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

IMG_2070.PNG

Just putting it out there that as a 2nd leader, KaShara is still a group "leader."  Erica and KaShara are group 4 leaders. Maybe we're taking the wording too literally as KaShara being "the" leader rather than a leader.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If Erica's "disappearance" as Group 4 leader is due to her injury, it's likely that it's either more serious than originally thought, she got reinjured or she's going to be out for enough of the season that they shifted things around.  She can still do things with, and for, the team, but not dance and part of being a group leader is likely being able to demonstrate things.

Don't the GLs also choose & lead all the sideline dances during a game? It's possible that Erica's injury (to a shoulder?) won't allow her to do that (and that Cassie's knee injury kept her from kickline/jumpsplit but not sidelines). Erica could still be on the team (doing non-dancing appearances  and assisting K&J while she heals), but just not as a game-day GL.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Moxiejan said:

Don't the GLs also choose & lead all the sideline dances during a game? It's possible that Erica's injury (to a shoulder?) won't allow her to do that (and that Cassie's knee injury kept her from kickline/jumpsplit but not sidelines). Erica could still be on the team (doing non-dancing appearances  and assisting K&J while she heals), but just not as a game-day GL.

She's been released. 

• Love 7

I wake up and the whole world is upside down. I'm thinking that just because Erica is injured that of course kashara has been leading her group practices and dancing as point of group 4, but is Erica really out? ?Who is the new 2nd of group 4?

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Is Jenna seriously out too though? I thought just holly. Now holly and Erica. Now all three? *faints*

I will be so upset if Erica is actually out! I was rooting for her to be point! 

• Love 2

What's going on this year?

i think we jinx it with all our posts about #ericaforpoint. Now she isn't even on the team? Wow.

plus, it's such a young team as it is. With all three of them gone, they only have Jinelle, Lacey and Kashara left.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is Jenna gone?

Hi Razzle

upthread you indicated that Erica was released - can you tell us if it was due to her injury? Thanks for the info 

• Love 1

I think we are all getting a bit hysterical and swept up in the axe for them all... ?

7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Is Jenna gone?

I'm pretty sure someone upthread was hoping that Erica was still around - given that Kashara was promoted to group 4 leader - and speculated that Erica had replaced Jenna as group 1 leader.

i think I need a drink

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

What's going on this year?

i think we jinx it with all our posts about #ericaforpoint. Now she isn't even on the team? Wow.

plus, it's such a young team as it is. With all three of them gone, they only have Jinelle, Lacey and Kashara left.

Isn't Kashara only a 2nd year?   Lacey is s long term vet and I guess there's Amy L and Stephanie that are 3 years, but still if Jenna, Holly and Erica are gone, that's a good chunk of our veteran leadership = gone.   Jinelle is still there too, but wow - they are going to have 2nd years as GLs or AGLs out of necessity, not just cause they are stand outs!

1 hour ago, lfedncr said:

Look her top doesn't even fit correctly she is going to fall out ?

I am shocked this girl made the team w/ that botched boob job - maybe somehow it doesn't look as bad in the uniform?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She's going into her 3rd year.  Khalyn is going into her 2nd year.

Thanks - yeah, time is flying to the point where I'm forgetting entire seasons w/ people ;).

So....if all these people are gone, who is going to be point?   Kashara?   She doesn't seem like a good enough dancer to me?   Maybe Lacey?

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Isn't Kashara only a 2nd year?   Lacey is s long term vet and I guess there's Amy L and Stephanie that are 3 years, but still if Jenna, Holly and Erica are gone, that's a good chunk of our veteran leadership = gone.   Jinelle is still there too, but wow - they are going to have 2nd years as GLs or AGLs out of necessity, not just cause they are stand outs!

I am shocked this girl made the team w/ that botched boob job - maybe somehow it doesn't look as bad in the uniform?

I'm thinking with the right push up bra, they're pushed together to give a line of cleavage. Dance wear doesn't do that so it's extra unflattering for her. 

Cautionary tale of plastic surgery for sure, I feel bad for her. 

14 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Thanks - yeah, time is flying to the point where I'm forgetting entire seasons w/ people ;).

So....if all these people are gone, who is going to be point?   Kashara?   She doesn't seem like a good enough dancer to me?   Maybe Lacey?

Kashara was point for hof so I think they chose her. Personally I love her, but I also think that they literally have no other option. Lacey would be good but she might be too tall and make the triangle out of balance.

• Love 2

Lacey is too willowy for point, if they are keeping Jenna on the team but releasing Erica it's probably going to be Jenna unless she's really being punished. I would assume then Kash would be point which I'm totally fine with. 

The interesting thing about this TCC group who are now DCC is that 4 of them were on NFL teams before. Lauren was a Dolphin cheerleader, Alexandria was on the Patriots for 4 years and a fifth teaching also was a Pro Bowl cheerleader, Savannah and Tara were on the Jets' team. While they are learning the DCC style, they have experience cheering at NFL games. That will definitely be an asset for the team:)

• Love 6

If Erica left by her own decision due to injury I 100% support her and hope she gets better. If she was cut for any other reason (that's not Jenna and Holly scandalous) I am so done and will never watch this show again. ?

Kashara is adorable, and I do feel like she got it because they're literally running out of senior vets, but I'll say it again. Girl is thick, thicker than those who were on weight warnings (and didn't look like they needed to be).  

I be they all made it because of Ericas departure now, and I swear they all better be flawless because the "give her a chance" narrative is annoying and we can just expect cuts next year. 

Yay team announcement, but I'm pouting for the rest of the season because Erica. 

• Love 5

Kashara looks great as point but unless K&J are still punishing Jenna, Jenna will probably be going back to point. Kashara will at least be point of HER group. And again, I don't remember the members of group 4, but who now becomes her 2nd leader?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Kashara looks great as point but unless K&J are still punishing Jenna, Jenna will probably be going back to point. Kashara will at least be point of HER group. And again, I don't remember the members of group 4, but who now becomes her 2nd leader?

Most are assuming khalyn because of the picture, but group 4 will be restructured since most of the cuts came from there. 

IMG_1993.JPG

• Love 2

Wait, so Erica is out too? Goodnesss! 

So basically they're down to Jenna (assuming she's still there), Jinelle, and Lacey as the only cheerleaders with more than 3 years under their belt? Damn. 

Given the departures of Erica and Holly (assuming she's gone), Jenna and Cersten are the only 2 who are still on the team who I would have considered to be in the top tier of dancers from last year. I know Lacey is good but she's never really caught my attention in DCC dance as oppppsed to solos, and I would say the same for last year's rookies, other than Cersten, although I know Madeline is a favorite of many people. 

Hopefully, there are some rockstars in this rookie class. They need it!

• Love 1

How long after the team announcement to the girls is the press release usually available?  I remember one year (but for not which) the "reveal" was Kelli reading the PR to the TCCs. Also I've often wondered....how in the world can the vets keep a straight face when Kelli does something like this or starts her "reveal" speech.  Even I can tell she's gonna reveal just by her wording in the episode.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added something
Just now, ShellyB said:

2017 GLs are:Tjx

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

This season on MTT will be interesting! 

Thx @ShellyB! Can you answer the question I asked above?

5 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

2017 GLs are:

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

This season on MTT will be interesting! 

Wow so Erica and Holly are 100% out (once you do the math). Wow. So unfortunate...I absolutely adored Erica. 

Edited by autumdusk
Maths
  • Love 4