Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

23 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

There is a video of Holly and Madeline on both of their IGs of them dancing to a Chris Brown song and I have watched it at least 10 times and can't stop. Holly is simply amazing. She has something so extra, so fluid, so special, and it cannot be taught. It is a gift. Although Madeline is very good, she pales in comparison to Holly. Holly is just... more than special. She is really, really gifted and has some kind of something about her that you can't take you eyes off of her. She is memorizing and innovative and creative and really feels the music in her body and is able to express it so incredibly. She has a twinkle in her eye. 

This. 

The videos of Holly dancing on her Instagram are amazing! She seriously has such raw God-given talent. If she isn't DCC anymore, she certainly has an amazing dance career ahead of her. She should audition to tour with singers as a back up dancer. I could totally see her killing it on stage with Beyonce, Gaga, Sia, any of them!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Honestly the "but Holly is an amazing dancer" excuse isn't worth a flip when it comes to doing something illegal on top of fraternizing with players. They've cut girls for less, and K+J have to keep a tight ship. The rumors probably reached higher ups and they were forced to nip this up quick. There will be dozens of "Hollys", and god willing I hope people let all of this go soon. The comments on social media are getting out of hand. 

I totally agree that being great won't get you excused from breaking the law.  It's too bad for her and for her fans. Sucks.  

But I have to say, and it's just my opinion so no offense here, ...there never has been and never will be, dozens of Hollys.  I have watched most of her videos on IG.  She blows doors.   And that DCC hip hop halftime.... she is slaying it.   Killing it. The others pale ever so slightly when she's there in the middle.  

On 8/12/2017 at 0:19 AM, Dccfanatic said:

I would be so upset if Holly weren't back. I think that she is the best they have had in years and years, maybe ever in recent memory. She is simply gifted and her absence would be sorely missed on many levels. I think that her level of effortless and perfection must have pushed others to be better.

I don't think she is replaceable or expendable,and I think she is one in a million, someone who rarely comes around. I remember once Kitty said that she could do show group all by herself. 

There is a video of Holly and Madeline on both of their IGs of them dancing to a Chris Brown song and I have watched it at least 10 times and can't stop. Holly is simply amazing. She has something so extra, so fluid, so special, and it cannot be taught. It is a gift. Although Madeline is very good, she pales in comparison to Holly. Holly is just... more than special. She is really, really gifted and has some kind of something about her that you can't take you eyes off of her. She is memorizing and innovative and creative and really feels the music in her body and is able to express it so incredibly. She has a twinkle in her eye. 

THIS x ? 

While I believe all the girls are expendable and replaceable in that environment, she is one of the baddest ass dancers they've had in years.  Period.  Her and Melissa W. 

Edited by Rita J
10 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

But lets wait until next year when Sam Finglass tries out and see how much "favoritism" goes on in there .... if Sam is trying out next year that is. Because as much as I think Sam maybe a better dancer than Cassie ... it would be dead interesting to see how much favoritism goes on when Sam tries out from prelims to training camp to show group to the rest of the squad and its events etc.

Wait... Sam might be trying out?  I've followed her for a while now on IG and I haven't seen her indicate that she would want to try out. She's too smart to subject herself to that (I think).   She seems to have other interests. I believe she cheered when she was younger but I don't think she was all about dance. Besides, she gets to have all this fun being so close to the DCC without having to subject herself to all the scrutiny. She commented on Dayton's May 15  post ....

"So incredibly proud of you Day! You had the courage to do what I, and many others, probably never will !!! I love you so much! "

Super sweet.  

On this topic though, I'll be curious to see how they treat Victoria Kalina next year when she tries out.  

2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

This. 

The videos of Holly dancing on her Instagram are amazing! She seriously has such raw God-given talent. If she isn't DCC anymore, she certainly has an amazing dance career ahead of her. She should audition to tour with singers as a back up dancer. I could totally see her killing it on stage with Beyonce, Gaga, Sia, any of them!

I'd like to see her on Dancing With the Stars as either a contestant or one of the dancers that dance with the stars.  Speaking of Dancing With the Stars, when does the next season start?  I know it's close to or around the same time the Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons end.  Didn't the Bachelorette season end recently?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Yes i saw that!!! It just really irks me. I love raylee but if they really felt that way, why was she brought back and cut as an almost third year? Cmon Kelli.. it's almost comical how they choose to keep some and let go of others. 

Can't wait to hear about Heather H & Allie though.. 

What confuses me is that apparently they didn't say anything to Raylee herself about it. It's just speculation but i doubt CMT would miss an opportunity to film an interview of a 3rd year vet being "threatened".

And as for Heather, they obviously had no issues with her and Kelli called her cute and spanky so unless her interview was a complete disaster, i don't see how a minor mistake in a number you performed so many times in the past year presumably without messing up, would be enough to kick you out of the team.

• Love 2

I vaguely remember when Dayton got cut there was a post where she was saying something about trying out next year with Sam and Victoria or something along those lines. Even if Sam don't try out next year ... can you imaging if and when she does? As for Victoria, well I'd say it maybe a 50/50 chance of favoritism or so because I mean Kelli and Judy made it clear she and Judy was going to struggle with Dayton this year and they'd have to judge her professionally and ignore that they know her so well ... I mean when it comes to legacys .. I think it does depend on Kelli and Judy etc ... remember that girl who tried out years ago whose mum was Natasha McCarley and she didnt make it to finals/TCC

1 hour ago, Rita J said:

Wait... Sam might be trying out?  I've followed her for a while now on IG and I haven't seen her indicate that she would want to try out. She's too smart to subject herself to that (I think).   She seems to have other interests. I believe she cheered when she was younger but I don't think she was all about dance. Besides, she gets to have all this fun being so close to the DCC without having to subject herself to all the scrutiny. She commented on Dayton's May 15  post ....

"So incredibly proud of you Day! You had the courage to do what I, and many others, probably never will !!! I love you so much! "

Super sweet.  

On this topic though, I'll be curious to see how they treat Victoria Kalina next year when she tries out.  

Is the next episodes about finals? 

10 hours ago, GWN 617 said:

When it comes down to it.  If Kelli wants you on the team she will put you or keep you on the team.  

And the reverse is also true. Seen evidence of that this past Thursday (Whitney). Kelli has THE final-final say-so. Now, that's power.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, sATL said:

And the reverse is also true. Seen evidence of that this past Thursday (Whitney). Kelli has THE final-final say-so. Now, that's power.

Same thing with ball room dance chick from episode 1 this season. Kelli hated her look.... it seemed like everyone thought she Luis dance, but because Kelli didn't like her look, she didn't even make it to semis!

• Love 1

Hey guys long time reader, huge DCCMTT fan and first post! I wouldn't normally sign up to post but I had a theory about Holly that I haven't seen mentioned regarding her (possibly) quitting. 

Along with many others, I found it strange when Holly was not named a group leader or group second. Although I'm not sure what she's like in the group dynamic or if she's a good teacher, she stands out as someone who is a strong dancer and an important member of the team so I thought maybe that spoke volumes about her position within the DCC team. 

Is it it possible that her quitting was an immature emotional response to her probation, coupled with some potential resentment about not being made a group leader?   I'd be curious to see her response to this. I remember a couple years back when Australian Gina didn't make showgroup and has a really "off" performance that day. In general, Id be interested to know more about the group leader selection and how the girls react to being chosen - or in Hollys case, not chosen. And how K&J decide which girls would be best. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 3

If the show addresses Holly's departure from the team, we will probably only get their version of what led up to it and how it went down. We likely won't have the opportunity to ever hear Hollys version of events, even through social media, due to her contract obligations. 

Oh how I curdle inside thinking about the personal pain Holly must be experiencing. Regardless of being an active DCC or not, its a hard thing for anyone to endure. I am not speaking about what is right or wrong on either side. I just think about how I would feel if my daughter made some immature decisions and gets caught up in the attention others give. Then be humiliated doing something she loves most and that part we know was not intentional. The temptations are everywhere and a more naive girl who is promised big things by men who will never produce them I am sure was a distraction too. That's why her enablers need to be accountable too.  

As far as Jenna. I only came across the show last month and binge watched up to current. I did not like her body type based on what I though was preferred. If all reports are correct, she did fail as a friend, leader, and obviously collapsed sense of morality on those specific events. But the punishment of being so visibly missing during a once in a lifetime event has to sting. The TV appearances, the gold dresses, performing in front of the NFL royalty. Every picture of each moment DCC is in, she will forever be absent. She had to already have her gold dress right? So she knew it was major. I am sure there are a dozen more things we can't see that happened further crushing her ego and heart. For all we know, she may be genuinely sorry and feel responsible for Holly's troubles. Who knows.

Again...simply speaking from a sense of compassion...its a bad deal all over the place. No one won here. I refuse to speculate on the decisions the DCC made or what I feel should or should not have happened. I don't have the facts. I do also understand, organizations like the DCC do not always have the luxury of basing all actions on only the facts either. They are partially hostage to impressions of the facts as well. It is bad....and sad. Hope DCC can return the polish I feel like I've seen in last seasons.  PS. I am not speaking against any opinions here. Others may be more in the know.

Mark my words, 15 years from now Holly will look back and weep at the opportunity her immaturity cost her.  Her career is effectively over.  She needed the DCC MUCH MORE than they need her.  Very sad.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Mark my words, 15 years from now Holly will look back and weep at the opportunity her immaturity cost her.  Her career is effectively over.  She needed the DCC MUCH MORE than they need her.  Very sad.

Do we know 100% for certain she was released or quit? I really haven't noticed ANY of the returning vets doing a lot on social media during camp.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
change some wording
2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Can someone recap what happened with Holly?  I just found this thread and would appreciate an update.  TIA

Supposedly underage drinking in a club where players were present (I think - and I haven't seen any visual evidence of it myself)

10 hours ago, kalibean said:

Cassie also blew out her knee on DCC time - during a show group performance, IIRC. It would be a super dick move to cut a proven veteran with an injury that should be healed before the season starts shortly thereafter.  Sometimes I also think Jay's comment was a trick of the editing monkeys and/or he was playing devil's advocate.

Danielle hurt herself at valley ranch, also with an injury that would heal during camp. I'm glad they kept both in. Brooke was a longer recovery time but probably still the right choice. 

If the players can have injured reserve, I guess the DCC have their version too. 

Danielle's injury happened a week before auditions when she jumped on a wooden chair and put her foot through it.  As a result, no chairs were allowed the following year.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rita J said:

Super sweet.  

We have to remember that just because a mother has a particular career, doesn't make all children want to go into that field.  How many of you went into the field of your mother and how many had children that did that also?  I went into education but my child tried out my particular field and didn't think it was a fit.  It would not be surprising that Sam may not try out.  If alumni's daughters were expected to tryout, then I think we would have had this conversation multiple times over the past 10+ seasons and we have probably only seen less than 5 try out.  I need to stop posting as I am too long due to drinking a Pepsi which I rarely have caffeine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

Oh how I curdle inside thinking about the personal pain Holly must be experiencing. Regardless of being an active DCC or not, its a hard thing for anyone to endure. I am not speaking about what is right or wrong on either side. I just think about how I would feel if my daughter made some immature decisions and gets caught up in the attention others give. Then be humiliated doing something she loves most and that part we know was not intentional. The temptations are everywhere and a more naive girl who is promised big things by men who will never produce them I am sure was a distraction too. That's why her enablers need to be accountable too.  

As far as Jenna. I only came across the show last month and binge watched up to current. I did not like her body type based on what I though was preferred. If all reports are correct, she did fail as a friend, leader, and obviously collapsed sense of morality on those specific events. But the punishment of being so visibly missing during a once in a lifetime event has to sting. The TV appearances, the gold dresses, performing in front of the NFL royalty. Every picture of each moment DCC is in, she will forever be absent. She had to already have her gold dress right? So she knew it was major. I am sure there are a dozen more things we can't see that happened further crushing her ego and heart. For all we know, she may be genuinely sorry and feel responsible for Holly's troubles. Who knows.

Again...simply speaking from a sense of compassion...its a bad deal all over the place. No one won here. I refuse to speculate on the decisions the DCC made or what I feel should or should not have happened. I don't have the facts. I do also understand, organizations like the DCC do not always have the luxury of basing all actions on only the facts either. They are partially hostage to impressions of the facts as well. It is bad....and sad. Hope DCC can return the polish I feel like I've seen in last seasons.  PS. I am not speaking against any opinions here. Others may be more in the know.

You are speculating that she was let go by DCC but she may have made the decision to leave herself rather than work on a solution.  She may have left in a huff, we just don't know but to assume that DCC let her go is premature at this point.  I speak as a Holly supporter who believe she is a talented dance who may have run off track due to age, lack of life experiences, and being naive.

• Love 1

At the very least, I hope that they clarify what the rules are, and what is and isn't a dealbreaker.  I know that we probably will not get that because I'm sure that the punishments vary based on what Kelli wants to do. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that there haven't been other examples of cheerleaders drinking underage. We know from Dallas residents who post here that Caila was spotted at 21 and up bars when she was underage, and while she didn't make it back, nothing (that we saw) indicated that her partying was the main driver behind the cut, and I don't recall her ever missing any events prior to that. Now, it well have been the reason for the cut, and they just hid behind the weight excuse, but thats speculation.  I'm really interested in the Jenna suspension as well....is her punishment only because she was with Holly (obviously she's old enough to be in that club, and it doesn't seem like there is a prohibition against clubbing generally), or a combo of last years issues, potential fraternization, bad judgment hereetc. If a vet is aware that an underage girl is breaking the law at a 21 and up club for instance, but isn't physically there, and doesn't report It, is that punishment-worthy, as well? I would assume not, but who knows. 

• Love 2

Cassie had knee problems before she tried out for DCC. She reinjured her knee at least twice while being on the team. Should be have been brought back for her fifth year? I think Jay made a good point about if a girl tried out and had an injury she would probably not have made it into TC. I do remember watching the breast cancer awareness practice and Cassie made a mistake that almost caused someone else to get injured because she was still recovering from her knee surgery. To me, having some recovering from an injury to the point her knee could give out on her possibly causing someone else to get injured should be considered when making the decision of should she or should she not be brought back.

Brooke was injured during a Show Group practice. Another girl went into the jump split too early or late causing her injury. In this case, Brooke worked her behind off and came back strong and proved she deserved her spot back.

I think the main reasons why Danielle was brought back was the fact she was a Kelli favorite and they knew they would be called out for cutting her after Cassie was brought back the year before with her knee injury. Kelli and Judy were called out for calling out Melissa Rycroft in Season 2 for not bringing her A+ veteran game to practice while she had mono, but Judy was making excuses for Cassie for the same thing her rookie year. They did later apologized to Melissa. Danielle was later called out and was almost cut because it seems she was gaining weight and becoming sloppy. I think she may have been a little bit of a party girl on the weekend instead of focusing on getting back in shape and being a good veteran. She was called into the office after Judy and Kelli talked with Chelsea, but it was not shown. She was also called out in Season 9 for her weight, but once again, her called into the office scene was not shown.

Imo, I do not think Kelli has the final say so in who makes or does not make the team. I would not be surprised if Charlotte, her father, and a few others have final say so in who makes the team. Judy and Kelli were not happy to bring in some girls aka Meagan F., Kathryn Dunn, but I personally think they were over ruled by certain others. In the case of Courtney Cook, Ashley Pro, Morgan and a few others, Judy was not impressed, but Kelli and Charlotte decided the girls will be part of the team. I did noticed in Season 5 Judy wanted Lauren Gibler to come to TC, but someone else was taken into TC instead.

On the DCCMTT facebook page, there was an deleted scene while Kelli and Judy were talking with Madeline. Kelli said Madeline needs to be more mature and not be giggly. I do not get the Madeline love. I do not think she is all that. To be honest about it, I am not really impressed with last year's rookies.

I believe the girls on the squad know exactly what the rules of DCC are. That contract we saw a few times is really long and detailed, and that binder is humongous!  However, many of these girls are very young, and they're going to try and skirt the rules, go behind the organizations' back, try to get away with partying ... because they're kids and think the "parents" won't find out!  Kelli and Judy aren't stupid, and Kelli's been running the DCCs for a very long time. She knows there's some partying and underage drinking going on. I'm sure they caution against it, remind the DCCs frequently that they're the face of the Cowboys Organization. But it's going to happen. I don't remotely think the few instances we've seen on MTT (Chelsea, Amy Reese, Caila, Holly, Jenna, etc.) of underage drinking are the only ones happening. But if the underage partying becomes very public, like what happened with Caila (and apparently Jenna and Holly), then the situation needs to be dealt with. 

I'm sure Kelli has favorites on the squad, and those she believes add more to the team dynamic than others. Some of that is clinical, some personal preference. All managers are like that, cause all managers/directors are human.  They can't help personal opinions intruding on their job because they're not robots! While Kelli seems genuinely to care about all the girls, she's going to make judgment calls - based on a lot of intel we're not privy to - on how to deal with each individual circumstance of admonishment, caution or sensor.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Kelli knows the value and skill Holly brings to the DCC. But underage drinking so openly (which is illegal) and fraternizing with the football players (which apparently happened according to people who post here who saw it) is completely against DCC rules. Kelli would have had no choice but to address it, with Holly and Jenna (who wasn't underage drinking, at least). We don't know what happened with Holly, if she's left the team or is still there and this is all some huge fake out. Guess we'll find out!

Just thought I'd put this out there, cause it makes me feel better! lol

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

At the very least, I hope that they clarify what the rules are, and what is and isn't a dealbreaker.  I know that we probably will not get that because I'm sure that the punishments vary based on what Kelli wants to do. However, I find it extremely hard to believe that there haven't been other examples of cheerleaders drinking underage. We know from Dallas residents who post here that Caila was spotted at 21 and up bars when she was underage, and while she didn't make it back, nothing (that we saw) indicated that her partying was the main driver behind the cut, and I don't recall her ever missing any events prior to that. Now, it well have been the reason for the cut, and they just hid behind the weight excuse, but thats speculation.  I'm really interested in the Jenna suspension as well....is her punishment only because she was with Holly (obviously she's old enough to be in that club, and it doesn't seem like there is a prohibition against clubbing generally), or a combo of last years issues, potential fraternization, bad judgment hereetc. If a vet is aware that an underage girl is breaking the law at a 21 and up club for instance, but isn't physically there, and doesn't report It, is that punishment-worthy, as well? I would assume not, but who knows. 

15 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

These girls are adults, if they can't behave like an adult, then they should move on.  End of story.

Adults are drinking. And especially college kids. Quite honestly, being able to go to war at 18 but having to wait until 21 to have a beer is stupid. The only reason why people are being so irresponsible with drinking is that making it illegal makes it even cooler. In europe we can officially drink at 18, unofficially 16, and if we are with an adult we can legally drink even if underage. That's a different discussion though, but my point is that most people at Holly's age drink. Most of the girls throughout the year would definitely break those rules, what Kelli really wants is that none of this becomes public.

And I honestly think that Jenna should be severely punished for this,even if she wasn't the one breaking the law. We saw them having a discussion about her stepping up and becoming a true leader and then she went on to not only allow one of her "mentees" to break the law, but she stood beside her all along.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Rita J said:

I totally agree that being great won't get you excused from breaking the law.  It's too bad for her and for her fans. Sucks.  

But I have to say, and it's just my opinion so no offense here, ...there never has been and never will be, dozens of Hollys.  I have watched most of her videos on IG.  She blows doors.   And that DCC hip hop halftime.... she is slaying it.   Killing it. The others pale ever so slightly when she's there in the middle.  

Holly may be a great dancer, but there are dozens if not hundreds of great dancers out there.; some show up for the DCC and others go onto dance jobs that pay better.  What I'll say next I have to preface with saying these issues I'm sure are related to being a young, small town girl thrown into the big city under a hot spotlight. Being a big fish in a small pond in Reeds, MO doesn't work well in Dallas.

Holly is an exceptional dancer, but  if you believe the rumors she's also an attention hog and in girl gone wild mode, and that's counterproductive on a team.  There are sooo many Holly screw ups out there that lead me to believe she's not well-liked by her teammates.  Her rookie year started out rough with petty texts complaining about her teammates being sent to the entire team (supposedly a mistake), then the minimal attendance or support for her by her teammates at the classes she holds (alot of DCCs attend each others classes). Between that and the nonsense about her hanging out with players, smoking weed, and hitting bars while underage.... all of which have have been made public one way or the other. Those things not only puts her teammates in an extremely difficult position and seems to have ruined friendships (Raylee, Allie), but also gets Kelli & Charlotte's attention.

I imagine that TPTB decided they'd had enough and tried to rein her in a bit.  If she's gone because of fallout from those behavioral issues and not some other reason, remains to be seen. At the end of the day though, it's the Dallas Cowboys CheerleaderS, with an S, and the organization is not going to fail or succeed based on the talents of one small town girl who's ego may have gotten the best of her. 

3 hours ago, Stee said:

Hey guys long time reader, huge DCCMTT fan and first post! I wouldn't normally sign up to post but I had a theory about Holly that I haven't seen mentioned regarding her (possibly) quitting. 

Along with many others, I found it strange when Holly was not named a group leader or group second. Although I'm not sure what she's like in the group dynamic or if she's a good teacher, she stands out as someone who is a strong dancer and an important member of the team so I thought maybe that spoke volumes about her position within the DCC team. 

Is it it possible that her quitting was an immature emotional response to her probation, coupled with some potential resentment about not being made a group leader?   I'd be curious to see her response to this. I remember a couple years back when Australian Gina didn't make showgroup and has a really "off" performance that day. In general, Id be interested to know more about the group leader selection and how the girls react to being chosen - or in Hollys case, not chosen. And how K&J decide which girls would be best. 

That Australian was Angela, and she was very disappointed about not making show group and I agree that it affected her performance the rest of that day at TC. Didn't help that that weirdo guest  choreopgrapher was up in her face and being a condescending wench to her.  The big difference there though is that Angela had paid her dues and had stayed off the radar for years; had her performance been up to par she would've made SG. Holly, with her issues and the fact she only had 2 yrs in the boots, just wasn't leading by example. From what has been said in the past, GLs are chosen based on their leadership qualities, ability to mentor their teammates, and their knowledge of the dcc processes.  I think if Holly would've channeled all of her extra-ness into the team rather than extra curricular activites she would've made an outstanding GL in a yr or two.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Holly's career is far from over IMO. A dancer of that caliber will land somewhere more fulfilling than just shaking her bits in front of drunken football fans for $150 a game. Hopefully, this experience has taught her a bit about the real world and living life in a way that doesn't get you in trouble with your boss.

• Love 12

A big part of the reason why Angela did not make Show Group for the three years she tried out for it, if I am understanding it, was the fact she was turning down appearances. Like Kelli has said, you cannot pick and choose how and when to dance, just like you cannot pick and choose which appearances to go on. Angela knew she would be asked to go on appearances, but it look like she only wanted to go on certain appearances with her friends which is part of the reason why she wanted Show Group. The guest choreographer may have been wrong to call her out for her bad practice performance, but Angela should have put her anger aside and focus on being a good leader for her group by teaching them pouting and not dancing well because you did not get something you wanted and thought you were entitled to because you are a five year vet is not the way to go. Angela was allowed to go on the swimsuit calendar shoot the year she got married even when she missed the regular swimsuit fittings because she was out of the country getting ready for her wedding. She also said she was going to quit her before her fifth season, but she decided to come back because she wanted to try out for her third time for Show Group. Not going out on appearances, saying she was going to quit but decided she wanted to come back because she wanted to go out for Show Group for the third time because she could spend time with her friends and go on some great appearances instead of doing regular DCC appearances in her prior years did not win her any brownie points with Kelli (in otherwords, no Show Group for her.)

35 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Adults are drinking. And especially college kids. Quite honestly, being able to go to war at 18 but having to wait until 21 to have a beer is stupid. The only reason why people are being so irresponsible with drinking is that making it illegal makes it even cooler. In europe we can officially drink at 18, unofficially 16, and if we are with an adult we can legally drink even if underage. That's a different discussion though, but my point is that most people at Holly's age drink. Most of the girls throughout the year would definitely break those rules, what Kelli really wants is that none of this becomes public.

And I honestly think that Jenna should be severely punished for this,even if she wasn't the one breaking the law. We saw them having a discussion about her stepping up and becoming a true leader and then she went on to not only allow one of her "mentees" to break the law, but she stood beside her all along.

EXACTLY. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I lived abroad in Europe for three years and completely agree with your point regarding alcohol consumption by those under 21, but the laws in the U.S. are different.  Until the laws change, they have to hold these girls accountable for lawbreaking behaviors.  Holly broke the law and Jenna didn't - it's pretty black and white.  It seems like Jenna's alleged suspension reflects a punishment for not being a "leader" in this situation, but they can't keep someone on the team who has broken the law and risk the inevitable public relations fallout.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Definitely agree. As for Jenna, if what we've read on here is true, it seems she got away with a pretty big infraction the previous year with a wrist slap and was then given a clean slate, made group leader 1 and point, so regardless of whether I think she's responsible for Holly, I don't think a serious punishment for Jenna is wrong or unfair given those factors.  I guess what I'm really curious about is whether her punishment is due to her leadership position /past issues or if it's just a rule in general. As an example, I think it was said on here that Paige and Danielle lived together. I find the possibility that Danielle didn't know that Paige was seriously dating a player to be zero. Is that punishment worthy if she didn't say anything. I don't think it should be, but I'm curious as to what Kelli would say.

I think it says a lot about Holly that her situation is so polarizing. Regardless of your stance, everyone knows who she is immediately. IMHO, she is one of the few vets who would create such a response. She certainly managed to stand out and make her presence felt in her time on the team.

• Love 2

I know this would hurt a few girls, but what if the age to be a DCC was raised to turning 21 during the upcoming season? Like someone above said, Kelli does not want this for none of this matter to become public. When the age was raised to 21 (I was grandfathered in at 18 when the law changed in my state), a lot of other things also raised, just to avoid issues like this.  Now granted you still could be acting a fool with the wrong people at the wrong place, but at least it takes the law out of the equation. Also, since so many of the TCC seem to come from college and/or other teams, it looks like the majority is already knocking on the door of 21.

Or you could raise  the age level by raising the requirements - like must have 3+ years with a professional or college team, teaching, full-time work experience, etc.. that would put a person closer to 21

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Kalyssa was working as a receptionist at a dental office while she was in OK...She has a post saying she has a new job and an apartment when she left for training camp, so she has a job in addition to the DCC TC. 

4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

We have to remember that just because a mother has a particular career, doesn't make all children want to go into that field.  How many of you went into the field of your mother and how many had children that did that also?  I went into education but my child tried out my particular field and didn't think it was a fit.  It would not be surprising that Sam may not try out.  If alumni's daughters were expected to tryout, then I think we would have had this conversation multiple times over the past 10+ seasons and we have probably only seen less than 5 try out.  I need to stop posting as I am too long due to drinking a Pepsi which I rarely have caffeine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are speculating that she was let go by DCC but she may have made the decision to leave herself rather than work on a solution.  She may have left in a huff, we just don't know but to assume that DCC let her go is premature at this point.  I speak as a Holly supporter who believe she is a talented dance who may have run off track due to age, lack of life experiences, and being naive.

I am very glad Holly has people like you in her corner. I also think you misread. I specifically said ..."regardless if she is active DCC or not." I am not assuming she left, on probation, taking a media break, or active and all is well.  That does not assume anything one way or the other. In fact I was very supportive of her and being clear no matter what the actually situation is, I empathize with her pain. So perhaps just a misunderstanding. I will once again say that my main thoughts are about her and that she is facing a multitude of things that deserve our compassion and nothing else. The person Holly is different in some ways then DCC Holly to a small degree. I want Holly to heal, and people let her heal. Seeing that you are passionate about her is awesome. We all need our supporters. Good vibes heal for sure. If she knew that of you, I am certain it would be appreciated.  Hopefully that clears it up, I posted originally to share my view on what she may be facing inwardly...and that is something needing respect apart from what unfolded.

20 minutes ago, Piscesmama4 said:

Can anyone post a link to the preview with Holly crying?? I can't find it!

I tried, but couldn't . If you happened to DVR the CMT Countdown to HOF, the ads during it include that clip. Oh how I ache for her. If that was me...my heart would be lodged in my throat and my stomach flopped with my lungs. It hurts to watch the pain unfold. Oh her mother must be so hurt.

8 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

I tried, but couldn't . If you happened to DVR the CMT Countdown to HOF, the ads during it include that clip. Oh how I ache for her. If that was me...my heart would be lodged in my throat and my stomach flopped with my lungs. It hurts to watch the pain unfold. Oh her mother must be so hurt.

I was wondering that too--what her parents must be thinking.  My momma reminded me many times when I was a teen I better not do anything to embarrass the family or I would live to regret it.  I know times are different now.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

I will once again say that my main thoughts are about her and that she is facing a multitude of things that deserve our compassion and nothing else. The person Holly is different in some ways then DCC Holly to a small degree. I want Holly to heal, and people let her heal. Seeing that you are passionate about her is awesome. We all need our supporters. Good vibes heal for sure. If she knew that of you, I am certain it would be appreciated.  Hopefully that clears it up, I posted originally to share my view on what she may be facing inwardly...and that is something needing respect apart from what unfolded.

Wait what? Does Holly have cancer or something? She's not sick is she?

• Love 4
Just now, parrotfeathers said:

I was wondering that too--what her parents must be thinking.  My momma reminded me many times when I was a teen I better not do anything to embarrass the family or I would live to regret it.  I know times are different now.

I just finished laughing because as soon as you said that I had a full frontal flash back of my Dad saying that only for my Mother to chime in..."Don't tell her that David, you are too hard to embarrass." Best be sure I got the message though. It happens. I bet not one of us on here and claim we've never had a regretful decision, or later realized it was a bad idea. I mean even the ones innocently done, Whitney's Halloween blunder...was hard for the organization. Correct e if I am wrong..didn't Kellie say something about people wanting her fired. Obviously she didn't release her and it ended up the right thing and allow her time to heal and learn. 

But thanks for the laugh. Its real though, you're right. It has impact on others besides her, and that's why I remain supportive. 

I realize this can only be a small consolation, but is Holly banned from other teams squads? I'm not sure how deep and wide the penalty goes from being asked to resign and/or was terminated.

2 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Wait what? Does Holly have cancer or something? She's not sick is she?

Um, wouldn't know. But if you mean referring to my wording healing...I simply mean the emotional toll this takes on a person, well family actually. Oh that would be horrible. Never heard anyone say she was ill. Terrible thought.

1 minute ago, sATL said:

I realize this can only be a small consolation, but is Holly banned from other teams squads? I'm not sure how deep and wide the penalty goes from being asked to resign and/or was terminated.

Nope. Nothing to do with any other team unless she has a reputation of being difficult to work with or whatever, but there's no union or universal rules.

Just now, CompassionPatched said:

Um, wouldn't know. But if you mean referring to my wording healing...I simply mean the emotional toll this takes on a person, well family actually. Oh that would be horrible. Never heard anyone say she was ill. Terrible thought.

She's never been my fave, but I had a scared moment there for a little with flashes of Megan Flaherty and Tessa running thru my head. Serious illness can happen to very healthy, young people. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, sATL said:

I know this would hurt a few girls, but what if the age to be a DCC was raised to turning 21 during the upcoming season? Like someone above said, Kelli does not want this for none of this matter to become public. When the age was raised to 21 (I was grandfathered in at 18 when the law changed in my state), a lot of other things also raised, just to avoid issues like this.  Now granted you still could be acting a fool with the wrong people at the wrong place, but at least it takes the law out of the equation. Also, since so many of the TCC seem to come from college and/or other teams, it looks like the majority is already knocking on the door of 21.

Or you could raise  the age level by raising the requirements - like must have 3+ years with a professional or college team, teaching, full-time work experience, etc.. that would put a person closer to 21

I highly doubt this will happen, especially when those 18-21 year-old ladies are most likely in their prime dance years.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

I just finished laughing because as soon as you said that I had a full frontal flash back of my Dad saying that only for my Mother to chime in..."Don't tell her that David, you are too hard to embarrass." Best be sure I got the message though. It happens. I bet not one of us on here and claim we've never had a regretful decision, or later realized it was a bad idea. I mean even the ones innocently done, Whitney's Halloween blunder...was hard for the organization. Correct e if I am wrong..didn't Kellie say something about people wanting her fired. Obviously she didn't release her and it ended up the right thing and allow her time to heal and learn. 

But thanks for the laugh. Its real though, you're right. It has impact on others besides her, and that's why I remain supportive. 

As I always say to parents or my students, we all have done something we are glad our parents are not aware of.  That could be doing something really embarrassing, sneaking out at night, underage drinking and never caught, having sex when our parents had no idea we even knew what it was etc etc!  Clarity comes much later in life as you reflect back!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Definitely agree. As for Jenna, if what we've read on here is true, it seems she got away with a pretty big infraction the previous year with a wrist slap and was then given a clean slate, made group leader 1 and point, so regardless of whether I think she's responsible for Holly, I don't think a serious punishment for Jenna is wrong or unfair given those factors.  I guess what I'm really curious about is whether her punishment is due to her leadership position /past issues or if it's just a rule in general. As an example, I think it was said on here that Paige and Danielle lived together. I find the possibility that Danielle didn't know that Paige was seriously dating a player to be zero. Is that punishment worthy if she didn't say anything. I don't think it should be, but I'm curious as to what Kelli would say.

I don't think they would punish a roommate (and friend) for not being a snitch. Now a team leader seeing one of her girls at a club underage/or all over a player in a public setting, I guess she would be held accountable too. Not that girls should be running to Kelli to report suspicious behavior, but they should be handling such situations themselves-and i'm sure eventually Kelli would learn all about these situations.