Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: All Stars 2017

• Start Topic

ANW celebrates the upcoming season with its second annual "All-Stars" 2-hour special. Hosts Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbajabiamila along with co-host Kristine Leahy have each selected their dream teams, which will go head-to head on some of the show's most popular obstacles. Each of the teams is comprised of three competitors including Las Vegas finalists Jessie Graff, Grant McCartney, and Chris Wilczewski. The teams will go head-to-head for bragging rights and the championship trophy. This nail-biting special episode also features five "supersized" skills and obstacles competitions, including a breathtaking Endless Invisible Climb and a Super Salmon Ladder.

• Love 1

That was fun. I wouldn't blame any of the ninjas if they didn't show up, because the event seems like an accident waiting to happen. Nobody there has ever heard of that lady from Fame?

Nice to see Geoff Britten back, even if it's for the last time, and it was relegated to WWWA status.

I think the pressure is on Flip now. If he can get past Stage 2, maybe he can will the whole thing. Still not digging the facial hair, though.

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Nice to see Geoff Britten back, even if it's for the last time

He's not coming back? :(

Very enjoyable. Amazing how much actual action they can get into 2 hours when they don't do back-stories on everybody.  And at least for the 'while you were away' bits (I can't believe they still did that) they let you know you could see the whole thing on Youtube.

This is the only show that makes me shriek. Every flippin' time somebody falls into the water.

• Love 1

This was a good preview of things to come this summer, can't wait! They looked like they were having so much fun and we always love seeing how supportive they are of each other.

We appreciated Matt's exuberance much more after seeing him on Celebrity Apprentice :)

• Love 3

Hey, Jessie, Flip and Nicholas are MY dream team too! I couldn't believe they put my three favs together. It was great to see Nicholas, one of my most favorites, after he was "skipped over" this past season. I loved this show, fast paced, exciting and full of thrills (and spills). And yes, I shout encouragement from my couch, for everyone. Also loved seeing Joe The Weatherman, another of my favs. And a bit of Isaac in the flashbacks. I wonder what he is doing now. They kept talking about "last year," but I don't remember this being on before, at least not on network. What a fun way to spend a Monday night.

• Love 1

I enjoyed the show.  It was fun to see so many fan favorites but I did wonder why Kevin Bull wasn't there.  It was good to see Geoff Britten.  I thought he'd said he wasn't going to compete any more but maybe he meant in the regular competition which would mean serious preparation.  This show is just for fun.  

• Love 1
On 2/21/2017 at 11:38 AM, mlp said:

I enjoyed the show.  It was fun to see so many fan favorites but I did wonder why Kevin Bull wasn't there.  It was good to see Geoff Britten.  I thought he'd said he wasn't going to compete any more but maybe he meant in the regular competition which would mean serious preparation.  This show is just for fun.  

He was. I think he did the Wave Runner thing? They showed him during one of the events that was montaged.

This must have been filmed right after the finals last year; the banners shown when people started the course had the year 2016 on them, and I can't see them putting up the whole course in Vegas more than once a year. And that would explain why Geoff was there.

• Love 1

Dang, now I'm wishing it was three hours long. Put up 165 minutes of fun, and use the other fifteen to rank Akbar's greatest overreactions. I know, Matt gets excited too, but Akbar takes it to another level.

"JACK IT UP! JACK IT UP!!!" "JACK IT- . . . hang on, I'm looking at the Standards & Practices guy from NBC. Aaaaaaaand he's giving us the thumbs-up. JACK IT UP! JACK IT UP!!"

I remember that one person on the Endless Salmon Ladder was attached to a cord, but I saw at least one guy fall far into the water. That cannot be a good thing.

• Love 2

Kevin Bull did the Big Air Grab. Here's the whole thing.

Thanks for posting that, Quilt Fairy.  I really enjoyed it.  I love all those Ninjas and Matt and Akbar are hilarious.  I do wish the airline hadn't required Grant to cut his hair.  He was so cute with all those curls.

The relay race was cool.  I was happy that Team Kristine won.  Jessie and Flip are two of my favorites so good for them.  

The skills competition was fun but the women never do particularly well.  

Didn't really care about the invisable climb.  None of my favorites.   The salmon ladder was at least interesting.  I like Labreck so watching her on the ladder was great.  Making it up 19 rungs is nothing to sneeze at.  Especially for a rookie.

i liked that they had a female competitor on the warped wall skills test.  I was a little disappointed that she didn't make 18ft but then again 17 ft was awesome.  

So much fun. I missed last years so these competitions were all new to me. 

Loved: Team competition, Flex LaBreck, Stillings/Gill getting montaged ?, Drew vs Najee, salmon ladder competition, warped wall competition 

Didn't Love: some of the participant choices (I love Jon Stewart, but salmon ladder) would've loved to seen Jessie Graff on the salmon ladder

I do worry about people getting hurt at some of this events though...

On 2/27/2017 at 9:54 PM, healthnut said:

would've loved to seen Jessie Graff on the salmon ladder

She's a stuntwoman for Supergirl, so flying up the Warped Wall would have been a breeze for her!

Not enough Jessie Graf in the skills challenges, but otherwise, it was awesome.  Flex LeBreck is amazing.  So is Najee Richardson.  I miss Geoff Britten already.  :(  Is Michelle Warnky hurt?  I saw her in the audience, but she didn't get to participate this year.

I was so glad Team Kristine won.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SophiaD said:

I was so glad Team Kristine won.  

Me too.  I don't know if they really picked the teams or if the teams were picked for them, but that was an awesome combination, and she's been around enough to know who comes through.

• Love 2