Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Fallout

thewhiteowl

I thought this was a slower episode, but I enjoyed Snyder outmaneuvering Nolan and his ambitions, maybe he will be able to get himself and Bram out of there alive. So the pods are for humans, that does not bode well. I don't have much fate in the prison Resistance group, but we will see how they go.

At least, Maddie tried to help Bram. She isn't totally brainwashed so there is hope for her yet.

I don't think the two guys arrested were really Red Hand. And that guy was already falling to bits now he knows they have his mother is over. Hopefully, Broussard moves their location. Poor dead Resistance guy. That alien tech is dangerous.

It looked like Will broke into the hospital with a hood over his head and that pin still on his collar. Unbelievable. So they took the Asian woman away? I hope she was demoted to the surveillance room and not sent to the factory.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Boy, they're doling out rations of Broussard this season like he's on an endangered list.

Hey, Tone Deaf Writers, here's an idea. Maybe the lecture to Broussard about training his cell and getting his house in order should come from someone other than the woman who skipped out on all of them, literally driving them underground, and abandoning  them, as well as a cause she professed to be committed to just a short while back. I couldn't believe Broussard let her talk to him in that holier-than-thou manner without telling her a few home truths.

I loved the three young Resistance members last season and thought they added some life to the show and some personality to the Resistance. The writers have absolutely squandered that opportunity, giving them almost no storyline this season, having Simon turn all whiny and resentful, and now killing BB. 

• Love 6

Who did Snyder call after Nolan's visit?

I thought there were a few blunders by Will and Kate.  Basic stuff, too.  You don't pull the hood off until you're in the room; no need to show off anything but the patient, including the other two cell members.  And Will left his fingerprint on the door security at the blood bank, as well as cutting a chain that has to be replaced. 

Was the poster removal supposed to be connected to the alarm that sounded directly afterward?  The first poster covered up a white section of wall, while the second poster had brown behind it, which would imply that the wall around the first poster was painted after it went up.  Most curious.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Who did Snyder call after Nolan's visit?

The woman who is (was) the assistant to the Governor-General.  I can't recall if she was promoted, since she was presenting to the Global Authority a few weeks ago.

• Love 1

It blows my mind how Katie claims to want to protect her family and children, yet she will put all of their lives at risk to save a selfish and self-centered Broussard.   He has already shown that he puts his needs and wants above everybody else.  I would have turned his ass in for showing no genuine concern for his pupil that ended getting sick and losing his life from "radiation poisoning".

Here is a theory, perhaps the hosts are the drones and they attach themselves to a mechanical body of sorts.  Just a thought....

• Love 4
17 hours ago, SimoneS said:

At least, Maddie tried to help Bram.

And Bram behaved like a complete brat.  Wingeing on about nobody doing anything to get him freed (I wonder what he thought they could do about it?).   Dropping the food on the floor served no purpose other than to insult his aunt, who would be forgiven for leaving him to stew in his own juice as a result. Not to mention that he and his fellow inmates could no doubt have used the extra calories.  

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

And Bram behaved like a complete brat.  Wingeing on about nobody doing anything to get him freed (I wonder what he thought they could do about it?).   Dropping the food on the floor served no purpose other than to insult his aunt, who would be forgiven for leaving him to stew in his own juice as a result. Not to mention that he and his fellow inmates could no doubt have used the extra calories.  

If Bram had taken that food, he would have really been treated like an outcast.  He is already Synder's favorite, this would have served him to receive some retaliatory beatings from other prisoners.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

If Bram had taken that food, he would have really been treated like an outcast.

Surely he could have shared the food?  I'd have thought that would win him points, not cost him.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Netfoot said:

Like father, like son. I felt for Bram though. Basically, he is a scared desperate boy. I think that finding out that Charlie was finally home and realizing that he might never see his family again made him freak out. While I don't want Bram to collaborate, I also think it is the only way that Snyder will get him out and I don't see that Resistance group blowing up that shipment will achieve much.

• Love 2

It blows my mind how Katie claims to want to protect her family and children, yet she will put all of their lives at risk to save a selfish and self-centered Broussard.   He has already shown that he puts his needs and wants above everybody else.  I would have turned his ass in for showing no genuine concern for his pupil that ended getting sick and losing his life from "radiation poisoning".

I thought Katie made it clear several times that she was saving the Resistance guy in order to save herself and her family. Nothing to do with Broussard. 

As for Broussard, it seemed clear to me that the only reason he showed up at the Yonk was to check on BB after the other two told him what had happened. He's a soldier and isn't going to show you his emotions, but I didn't read his stoicism as indifference.

Was the poster removal supposed to be connected to the alarm that sounded directly afterward?  The first poster covered up a white section of wall, while the second poster had brown behind it, which would imply that the wall around the first poster was painted after it went up. 

I missed the different colors on the wall, but I noticed the timing as well and immediately thought it was rigged somehow.  I'm curious if the mom was taken only after Simon took the alien gizmo, or was he already a target before that? And why her, out of all of them? The others must have parents too, and probably closer by.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Triskan said:

Quite curious about the sirens at the end of the episode... 

I thought it was just the curfew announcement. My speculation is that the Red Hats will capture the son and move towards Broussard's cell.

• Love 2

I am pretty sure the radiation came from the pod they captured - it seems like radiation poisoning is going to be a common thing a lot of people are exposed to them watching them every day.  I think the aliens must be a nuclear powered group.  I expect the other two will die, they were probably not as close to the machine. 

• Love 1

I'm enjoying a lot about the show except Kate. She's just not that smart or likeable to me. 

Pretty much love the rest of the cast and I think they are doing a good job with some fairly uneven writing. 

On 2/17/2017 at 0:05 AM, bentley said:

Boy, they're doling out rations of Broussard this season like he's on an endangered list.

That's a big problem with this episode and the season as a whole. 

Broussard's plot is reduced to how he is absent and everybody giving him crap for not taking care of the Whiz Kidz. Brossard, with his shadowy spec ops background, has a better idea of what it will take to form an effective resistance than all of them combined and is probably doing more than them as well.

But, we haven't seen any of that. (Outside of hints that he wants to communicate with the Red Hands.) So Katie, gets to be all righteous in the face of the man who worked to keep her alive when she was a resistance member. Before she abandoned them.

Edited by xaxat
On 2/16/2017 at 8:19 PM, SimoneS said:

I don't think the two guys arrested were really Red Hand. And that guy was already falling to bits now he knows they have his mother is over. Hopefully, Broussard moves their location. Poor dead Resistance guy. That alien tech is dangerous.

It looked like Will broke into the hospital with a hood over his head and that pin still on his collar. Unbelievable. So they took the Asian woman away? I hope she was demoted to the surveillance room and not sent to the factory.

Will's sloppiness really bugged me - as did his inability to sense and understand that the game at work is entirely different than it was - that his snake oil charmer routine wasn't going to work any more. The woman was terrified, for goodness sake!

Anyone else wonder how Charlie and Gracie were doing while Will and Kate were out on their own? Little things like that bug me, such as, is the Yonk open so sporadically that no one comments at all when Katie's not there during standard opening hours?

On 2/17/2017 at 2:01 PM, Netfoot said:

I doubt he could take the food in. I think even in regular, non-sci fi prisons, that's not permitted without clearance (I have no experience with this, so I may be wrong).

• Love 3

Well the pods are obviously people sized, so I think it's not a matter of what is in them but who. 

Maybe the other resistance people don't have a family.  

Will better be more careful.  I'm still surprised he doesn't think the pin is a bug. 

• Love 2

Watched this again as I didn't watch closely before.

Why was it so complicated to figure out radiation exposure? I guess the doctor had no idea what they were doing in the lab. 

I would think they had some kind of radiation detection. 

I don't know the radiation thing seemed like a cop out, maybe it is explainable by the story.

• Love 3

I'm no doctor, but I assumed radiation poisoning from the start, the symptoms fit and he was the one nose deep into the device.

It doesn't surprise me that they didn't have radiation detection. The first being that their tech experience doesn't seem to be related to our nuclear tech (they don't seem to be from Lawrence Livermore Labs, or such), the second being that the device was worn on a body suit (iirc) so it wouldn't be a natural assumption that it was radioactive, and finally that they're not exactly working in a well stocked lab.

Speaking of well stocked labs, I was more surprised at the well stocked doctor's office (still getting power after all this time?) - seems like every time I have to get tests, I get sent to someplace else. (some clinics vary, of course).

Edited by Clanstarling
On 2/17/2017 at 8:39 PM, bentley said:

I thought Katie made it clear several times that she was saving the Resistance guy in order to save herself and her family. Nothing to do with Broussard. 

As for Broussard, it seemed clear to me that the only reason he showed up at the Yonk was to check on BB after the other two told him what had happened. He's a soldier and isn't going to show you his emotions, but I didn't read his stoicism as indifference.

It all comes back to Broussard

I missed the different colors on the wall, but I noticed the timing as well and immediately thought it was rigged somehow.  I'm curious if the mom was taken only after Simon took the alien gizmo, or was he already a target before that? And why her, out of all of them? The others must have parents too, and probably closer by.

13 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

It doesn't surprise me that they didn't have radiation detection. The first being that their tech experience doesn't seem to be related to our nuclear tech (they don't seem to be from Lawrence Livermore Labs, or such), the second being that the device was worn on a body suit (iirc) so it wouldn't be a natural assumption that it was radioactive, and finally that they're not exactly working in a well stocked lab.

I would think that ionizing radiation is ionizing radiation regardless of the source.  They knew enough to build a Faraday cage last season but never thought to grab a Geiger counter?

• Love 3

If I needed a radiation badge, I don't know where I would look around here, maybe in the pharmaceutical plant, except that was torn down when it moved to China. colleges probably would have been destroyed or walled out. 

• Love 2