Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Homecoming

Sleepy-406_SCN11_TR0017_f_hires1_595_Min

When the team realizes that the talisman which Dreyfuss seeks might be hidden in the most obvious of places, they race against the clock to find it before the evil forces are aligned. Then, with heightened emotions and bittersweet memories, Jenny and Crane revisit important parts of their past as they return to Sleepy Hollow.

Promo pictures

I was watching some episodes of Justified before watching tonight's episode.  I was really weird comparing Dickie Bennet to whats-his-face the millionaire tonight.  I kept waiting for Dickie's trade mark stutter and southern accent.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I should have been excited about the return to Sleepy Hollow, but it just reminded me that this show isn't the same anymore. I'm glad that Crane's update for Abbie included the fact that he bought a bunch of Ravenclaw shirts though.

Same here. I liked that he went to Abbie's grave, but then it just made me miss Abbie and what the show used to be. Crane and Abbie's relationship was the heart. Without it, it's just blah. I haven't warmed up to the newbies yet.

• Love 6

Wow. This board/predecessor at TWOP used to have more than 8 replies 24 hours later!

The show isn't the same. I tend to play with my iPad and see what's happening on my Twitter account during the ep. I also don't watch it the same day unless I am home.

Philosopher's Stone? Now Dreyfus is immortal or can self-heal?

I too thought it odd that some Jackal person is hunting down Jenny and no one is around. Maybe folks are thinking someone is shooting a movie or doing some film project.

The scene at the grave was nice but it could also have been done with Ichabod talking to a photo of Abbie. The bar scene at the end was also nice in that meeting Ichabod made a difference to people who were stuck in a rut.

I get that using that using the stone would kill innocent people, so yes, please stop Malcolm from doing that. Otherwise though, who cares? If you just end up exploding something. The show has been odd. "Hey I sold my soul to the devil. I'm trying ti get out of that." "ok. I'm not sure how that affects me really." They're supposed to stop him because?

I did like the end with them all drinking beers.

I give the actors credit for good performances, especially Tom Mison, but everything else about this show is painful.  The dialog is just horrible - the exchange between Jake and Alex about being able to "do" something was awful, and their proclamation to Jenny that they are "old enough" to make their own decisions... huh?  She's what?  a few years older than them?  And where did all the people of Sleepy Hollow go?  Not a single person in sight when they were fighting the archer guy (or anyone else).  And no one in the city gov't has said, gee, there's this really cool room that no one's using - let's get rid of all this stuff (or put it in a historical library) and give someone a nice new office?  Sorry Sleepy Hollow, you've all but lost me at this point.

• Love 2

I actually liked this episode.  I don't hate Molly but I didn't miss her and maybe that made a difference too.  But mostly it felt like a finale, maybe they should have held it back and made it that even if they thought they had a chance at being renewed.  If they skipped that last scene with Malcolm rising from the bomb site everything else, the team working together, the resolution of why Ichabod had to fight headless at that spot, blowing up the stone and, especially, the scene at Abbie's grave felt like a goodbye tying up all the ends of the series and stories.

• Love 4

Tim Mison is trying really hard but the newbies esp Crane's partner (who is so bland and generic I can't remember her name) are bringing nothing in terms of chemistry.  They need to recast some of these roles.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chrisvee said:

Tim Mison is trying really hard but the newbies esp Crane's partner (who is so bland and generic I can't remember her name) are bringing nothing in terms of chemistry.  They need to recast some of these roles.

The same thing for the rest of the show, they should've just made a new show altogether instead of trying to hang on to this one.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

If they skipped that last scene with Malcolm rising from the bomb site everything else

I almost hoped they would have done something drastic like actually have him die and introduce a new storyline because I don't really care if this guy is immortal.  As ganesh said above, it would be one thing if he was like, "I want to become immortal so I can kill everyone who looks at me sideways" or whatever, but he just wants to get out of his deal.  Good luck sir, I say!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ganesh said:

That's why I wanted him to be the next witness. There's not much to a Crane/Malcolm conflict. 

7 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

I almost hoped they would have done something drastic like actually have him die and introduce a new storyline because I don't really care if this guy is immortal.  As ganesh said above, it would be one thing if he was like, "I want to become immortal so I can kill everyone who looks at me sideways" or whatever, but he just wants to get out of his deal.  Good luck sir, I say!

It would've been better that way, Malcolm is just not an interesting character and we're about halfway into the season so it's not promising for the finale climax.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ganesh said:

That's why I wanted him to be the next witness. There's not much to a Crane/Malcolm conflict. 

I think I'm reading that you wanted Malcolm to be the next witness?  Now THAT would have been interesting - a witness team so opposite of Ichabbie - perhaps it would have actually created some interesting conflict ("I hate you, but we need you" or whatnot).

• Love 2

Yes, I had said it in another episode thread. We've already observed that Molly as the witness is limited in terms of what she can do beyond visions that could provide information. Malcolm's quest to be immortal to avoid giving up his soul isn't really a good v evil thing, though he is using 'evil' means to do it, but there's been no indication that he's going to seek world domination now or take revenge on his enemies. There's not any huge reason to fight him.

• Love 1

Wait, was the whole idea that Dreyfuss performing the ceremony means thousands of people would die?  Since it apparently worked, why isn't Ichabod and the rest seeing people dropping like flies at the bar?  Or are the deaths coming at a later time?  I'm so confused.  Then again, it was stupid of Ichabod to just leave Dreyfuss there, when he knew he completed the blood mixture part.  Even if you couldn't drag him out of there, at least knock him unconscious.

It was fun returning to the Sleepy Hollow the town at least.  And Ichabod's chat at Abbie's grave was touching.

Besides that, you've got Jenny babysitting Alex and Jake and Ichabod/Diana just going through the motions.

The whole "Team Witness" thing was so on the nose.  And it didn't just make me miss Abbie, but yearn for Joe or even Hawley.  Hell, Undead Andy was better as a reluctant ally.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

I think I'm reading that you wanted Malcolm to be the next witness?  Now THAT would have been interesting - a witness team so opposite of Ichabbie - perhaps it would have actually created some interesting conflict ("I hate you, but we need you" or whatnot).

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Yes, I had said it in another episode thread. We've already observed that Molly as the witness is limited in terms of what she can do beyond visions that could provide information. Malcolm's quest to be immortal to avoid giving up his soul isn't really a good v evil thing, though he is using 'evil' means to do it, but there's been no indication that he's going to seek world domination now or take revenge on his enemies. There's not any huge reason to fight him.

The writers made a big mistake limiting the Witnesses' interactions, when that was a main driving force throughout the series until now.