Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Lorelai. Miss Celine is way too fancy for me. 

What town event would you most have wanted to be in Stars Hollow for? The dance marathon or the festival of living pictures.

The dance marathon the Living Picture thing looked ridiculous.  

Which would you rather try to explain to townspeople is more ridiculous: re-enacting a battle that never happened, or complaining that you no longer need a knit-a-thon because someone donated the money you trying to raise.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Lorelai. Miss Celine is way too fancy for me. 

What town event would you most have wanted to be in Stars Hollow for? The dance marathon or the festival of living pictures.

festival of living pictures. i thought that was amazing. 

if you were going to lorelai's for movie night, which version of a star is born would you want to see?

Janet Gaynor in 1937.

It doesn’t carry the superstar burden, but I prefer it mostly because it was co-written by Dorothy Parker, music by Max Steiner and an all over good production.

I would physically prevent Lorelai from watching the Lady Gaga version. Really hate that actor.

Would you rather give up the Jeep or the green truck in order to accommodate a set of Danes-Gilmore twins?

Watching the 1937 version right now. Couldn’t resist. 😆

• Love 1
7 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Janet Gaynor in 1937.

It doesn’t carry the superstar burden, but I prefer it mostly because it was co-written by Dorothy Parker, music by Max Steiner and an all over good production.

I would physically prevent Lorelai from watching the Lady Gaga version. Really hate that actor.

Would you rather give up the Jeep or the green truck in order to accommodate a set of Danes-Gilmore twins?

Watching the 1937 version right now. Couldn’t resist. 😆

i only like the streisand version because i had such a crush on kris kristofferson. but i agree, i can't stand gaga.

the jeep would have to go.

who would you rather take a road trip with, liz or paris?

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

i only like the streisand version because i had such a crush on kris kristofferson. but i agree, i can't stand gaga.

the jeep would have to go.

who would you rather take a road trip with, liz or paris?

Paris. I'm pretty type-A, like Paris. I would prefer to stick to a schedule as much as possible. Flighty Liz would have me all over the place.

Which of Rory's graduations would you have preferred to attend - Chilton or Yale?

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Which of Rory's graduations would you have preferred to attend - Chilton or Yale?

Chilton. The amusement factor was high for that one. Yale just looked stuffy and boring, from what I recall.

This one got skipped above -

On 1/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, Katy M said:

Which would you rather try to explain to townspeople is more ridiculous: re-enacting a battle that never happened, or complaining that you no longer need a knit-a-thon because someone donated the money you trying to raise.

Knit-a-thon. I understand where Luke was coming from with the Not!Battle, but it was at least a part of American history. The endless bridge repair fundraisers was far more pointless and stupid.

WYR eat most of your meals at Luke's or the Inn (either Independence or Dragonfly)?

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Chilton. The amusement factor was high for that one. Yale just looked stuffy and boring, from what I recall.

This one got skipped above -

Knit-a-thon. I understand where Luke was coming from with the Not!Battle, but it was at least a part of American history. The endless bridge repair fundraisers was far more pointless and stupid.

WYR eat most of your meals at Luke's or the Inn (either Independence or Dragonfly)?

luke's. i don't believe for one minute that sookie knows how to cook. plus i really like pie and doughnuts.

if you were staying at the independence inn when it burned down, who's house would you rather stay at, lorelai and rory's or mrs. kim's?

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

if you were staying at the independence inn when it burned down, who's house would you rather stay at, lorelai and rory's or mrs. kim's?

Lorelai and Rory's, for soooo many reasons

Which characters that never interacted, would you like to see have a scene together? Tristan and Michel, or Max and Jason?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TOWTooMuchTV said:

Which characters that never interacted, would you like to see have a scene together? Tristan and Michel, or Max and Jason?

Jason and Max, during one of those weird post-engagement encounters of Lorelai and Max.

Would love to hear Jason shred Max and his pretentiousness.

WYR have in your house  Rory’s Gilmore painting or a painting of her as Anthea?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Jason and Max, during one of those weird post-engagement encounters of Lorelai and Max.

Would love to hear Jason shred Max and his pretentiousness.

WYR have in your house  Rory’s Gilmore painting or a painting of her as Anthea?

the painting as her as anthea. at least it's based on a classic work of art. that portrait emily had done was cheap looking.

if michel finally found a partner in stars hollow, would you rather have it be tom or andrew?

On 1/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, peacheslatour said:

the painting as her as anthea. at least it's based on a classic work of art. that portrait emily had done was cheap looking.

if michel finally found a partner in stars hollow, would you rather have it be tom or andrew?

Andrew. Tom wouldn’t stand for Michel’s attitude for a moment. Andrew would have taken care of him and brought him into the SH fold.

Which crisis moment should Lorelai have just said, “I’m an adult and I’m going to do this. I’m informing you because I care about our relationship.”

a) Telling Luke she was going to Christopher’s house with a bottle of alcohol (tequila?). 

b) Telling her parents she was dating Jason.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

Which crisis moment should Lorelai have just said, “I’m an adult and I’m going to do this. I’m informing you because I care about our relationship.”

a) Telling Luke she was going to Christopher’s house with a bottle of alcohol (tequila?). 

b) Telling her parents she was dating Jason.

Afterwards, or in advance? If afterwards, A. There was absolutely no reason to think it was any big deal to let Luke know that she went over to Chris's after finding out his father died, even if they did go through a bottle of tequila together. It only became a big deal because she hid it and lied about it.

But in advance - B. Not necessarily like telling her parents she was planning to go out on a date with Jason for the first time, but after two or three dates she should have just brought it up and let them deal with it. I never did understand why it was some big thing in the first place.

Oh no! Another of Rory's roommates is dating an older man! Which bizarre May/December romance would you rather have seen play out - Janet with Andrew, or Tana with Taylor?

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Wasn't Tana underage?

Good point. We'll assume this takes place after she turned 18.

(Although, legally, I don't think a case could be made that there's any problem unless they were having sex. And I have a hard time imagining Taylor having sex with anyone. Ha! I was imagining just an amusing matchup.)

• Love 1
Just now, Taryn74 said:

Good point. We'll assume this takes place after she turned 18.

(Although, legally, I don't think a case could be made that there's any problem unless they were having sex. And I have a hard time imagining Taylor having sex with anyone. Ha! I was imagining just an amusing matchup.)

Well, if we are assuming Tana is of age, I think she would be hilarious with Taylor.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Afterwards, or in advance? If afterwards, A. There was absolutely no reason to think it was any big deal to let Luke know that she went over to Chris's after finding out his father died, even if they did go through a bottle of tequila together. It only became a big deal because she hid it and lied about it.

But in advance - B. Not necessarily like telling her parents she was planning to go out on a date with Jason for the first time, but after two or three dates she should have just brought it up and let them deal with it. I never did understand why it was some big thing in the first place

Aw, I messed up. Thanks for the catch. I did mean before, but that’s not possible for the Jason thing. Probably should have just specified early on in the relationship.

I felt the Christopher thing was interesting because she had just been to Doose’s in her cowboy hat and junk food. She was seriously just chilling. If I had a boyfriend just across the street and I was going to change my clothes and leave town for the rest of the evening, I’d walk by his place, tell him, and go. It’s a respect kind of thing. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, junienmomo said:

I felt the Christopher thing was interesting because she had just been to Doose’s in her cowboy hat and junk food. She was seriously just chilling. If I had a boyfriend just across the street and I was going to change my clothes and leave town for the rest of the evening, I’d walk by his place, tell him, and go. It’s a respect kind of thing. 

Hmmm, I may be mixing scenes up. I thought she and Rory went straight over to Christopher's after FND? Because that's where they found out Straub had died? But you may be referring to a different scene than I was thinking, LOL.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Hmmm, I may be mixing scenes up. I thought she and Rory went straight over to Christopher's after FND? Because that's where they found out Straub had died? But you may be referring to a different scene than I was thinking, LOL.

You're right Taryn. They found out about Straub's death at FND, Rory went first, and Lorelai came when Rory left.

• Love 3

Which meta comment would you rather have seen - a mention between Lorelai and Rory that the mom in Dirty Dancing looks just like Emily, or a mention between Rory and Lane that Gil looks just like the guy from Skid Row?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Which meta comment would you rather have seen - a mention between Lorelai and Rory that the mom in Dirty Dancing looks just like Emily, or a mention between Rory and Lane that Gil looks just like the guy from Skid Row?

A mention between Lorelai and Rory that the mom in Dirty Dancing looked just like Emily and one or both saying something to Emily about it. I wanted so much for their to be a reference to that. 

• Love 3