Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Who would you rather be the one to bail out of jail - Emily? Or Luke?

The one to come bail ME out of jail, or that I had to go bail out of jail?  Well, either way the answer is Luke so I guess it doesn't matter LOL.

Shallow one - WYR Lorelai had her original face in the revival but had the fried S4 hair throughout the entire series, or she had her pretty curly hair throughout the series but her plastic surgery face?

(Sorry because I know that one's kind of mean, but I can't even look at screenshots from the revival without cringing.  But I also hate her S4 hair.  Ha!)

Sorry, I meant you'd bail them out. 

And don't apologize, I agree with both the points you're making here. I hate the season 4 hair!!! (Also, I seem to remember Emily's hair being fairly frizzy a time or two that season. Were the stylists out of product??? And I'm pretty sure that's the year Rory got the little bob, which I wasn't really a fan of...on her. Bad season for hair.)

That being said, hair frizz isn't usually permanent, but that face of hers is. So I'll go with the fried S4 hair, but no plastic surgery face. 

Which would you rather watch with the Gilmore Girls - all three Godfathers? Or all versions of A Star is Born?

12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Which would you rather watch with the Gilmore Girls - all three Godfathers? Or all versions of A Star is Born?

There's  not enough junk food or Gilmore girls movie jokes to let me sit through a binge watch of all Godfathers.  There are some great versions of a star is born though, and I think the girls would have very insightful opinions. 

Imagine Lorelai gets enough gumption to stand up for herself instead of letting someone treat her badly.

Stand up for herself instead of letting someone treat her badly.

Would you rather she stands up to Emily, insisting that, as a grown woman, she can and does make decisions for herself, and she draws that line firmly and permanently.

Or would you rather she calls Luke out in a timely manner on the April situation, and doesn't play the doormat?

4 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Would you rather she stands up to Emily, insisting that, as a grown woman, she can and does make decisions for herself, and she draws that line firmly and permanently.

Or would you rather she calls Luke out in a timely manner on the April situation, and doesn't play the doormat?

Luke, because I feel there's a chance there would be some actual conversation and growth in their relationship as a result.  With Emily, not so much.

Who would you rather have gotten childhood/teenage flashbacks about - Sookie, or Luke?

Luke, definitely.  We could see him helping out his dad at the hardware store, his early relationship with Liz, and wearing Star Trek shirts.

If Lorelai had died in labor with Rory (yes I went totally dark), would you rather Rory were raised by Christopher or Richard and Emily?

That's a tough one. I do think that it would have been interesting to see her being raised by Christopher. He would have had to step up in that case and although I do think Richard/Emily would have provided more for Rory, she probably would have been a spoiled brat from the early years. The one thing that made me fall in love with Rory was that she wasn't spoiled at all.  So yeah, sticking with Christopher raising Rory. I think it would have been good to see how he was as an involved parent. 

Stars Hollow gets picked as the town to shoot some new up and coming movie that will turn out to be a smashing success. What kind of movie would you want it to be: a horror film or a musical?

(edited)

Lily? Not sure who that is, but I'd like to see Rory interact with April. Jess never struck me as a kid-person (remember how nasty he was to Clara?), so that might get a bit awkward. I think Rory and April would really get along. 

Would you rather get to see the "ugly baby" Christmas card or those photos of "big head baby" Lorelei?

Edited by ghoulina

Love your thoughts about Chris raising Rory!

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Stars Hollow gets picked as the town to shoot some new up and coming movie that will turn out to be a smashing success. What kind of movie would you want it to be: a horror film or a musical?

I've seen what SH can do with a musical.  Yeah, no.  I'll go with horror film (and I'm picturing it being one of those horribly great cheese-filled funfests with Kirk in the starring role, which is making me giggle madly).

Ahh, I sat here too long trying to think of another question, so I'm answer elang's too:

2 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Would you rather see Jess interact with Lily and Doula more or see Rory interact more with April?

Definitely Jess with Lily and Doula.  I really don't care about Rory/April's relationship.

WYR Luke have calmed down and discussed Jess getting his GED and Jess stayed in SH at the end of S3, or leave things the way they were?

LOL I was still too late!  Next person can answer both of our questions, I'm not going back to edit.  *grin*

(Lily was Sasha's daughter in California)

1 minute ago, Taryn74 said:

WYR Luke have calmed down and discussed Jess getting his GED and Jess stayed in SH at the end of S3, or leave things the way they were?

This is actually a tricky one. On the one hand, I would have loved more Jess/Luke scenes in season 4 and having him stick around Stars Hollow would have been good for me. But on the other hand, he might not have had the character growth that he did. So, I hate to say this, but I think I'd leave things as they were. I think it was ultimately something that helped Jess grow as a person and I'm not sure it would have happened if he stayed, even with Luke's self help books. Plus, Jess was always happier when he wasn't in Stars Hollow, a place where everyone but Luke and Rory hated him.

WYR Sookie had a major role in the revival, or kept Michel's storyline in? 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

WYR Sookie had a major role in the revival, or kept Michel's storyline in? 

Keep Michel. MMC wasn't doing it for me as Sookie this time around, so the less of her the better. 

Since my first question didn't get answered, let's try again:

Would you rather get to see the "ugly baby" Christmas card or those photos of "big head baby" Lorelei?

• Love 1

Big head baby Lorelai. I didn't really like them making fun of how a baby looked on a Christmas card.

Would you have rather Rory had a guy best friend (so no dating) or have had Lorelai and Luke stay best friends without dating?

Sorry shippers, but I thought L&L were best as friends. (I would have liked to see Rory be friends with a guy, though.)

A revival question: would you rather seen more of Emily new relationship or more of Stars Hollow shenanigans? 

I would have rather seen more Emily with her new relationship. As I've stated before, the town of Stars Hollow and their shenanigans really got on my nerves around season 4, to the point where I actively hated them throughout season 7. Most of the characters on their own were fine, but when they got in a cluster...nah. 

A character gets to come into the real world, into your home, and film a day of your personal life. WYR it was Kirk or Mrs. Kim?

57 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

A character gets to come into the real world, into your home, and film a day of your personal life. WYR it was Kirk or Mrs. Kim?

Mrs. Kim.  Kirk would want total authenticity and would follow you into the bathroom and the shower.  Mrs. Kim would give you your privacy at such moments, although she would probably yell at you if you sat down to watch TV.

Babies were switched in the hospital. Who would you rather was Rory's biological parent--Taylor or Miss Patty, or both?

BOTH.  A Taylor/Miss Patty affair would be awesome.

Which romance would you have liked to see develop?  Kirk and Lorelai or Brad (the frog guy) and Rory?

By "frog guy", do you mean the guy who dissected a frog in jr high and didn't wash his hands? I think his name was Brendan. Brennan? Something like that. Brad was the Chilton kid that did Broadway and Paris butted heads with. 

If so, I'd rather see Brennan and Rory. I think that would be a lot more funny than Lorelei and Kirk.

Would you rather be one of Emily's maids or work at the Yale Daily News during Paris's reign as editor?

I agree, Lady Calypso. I found most of the revival SH townie stuff a bit tired, unless it involved Rory and Lorelai together. 

I'd rather be Emily's maid. She paid them well for her ridiculously high standards. I wonder if the newspaper kids were even paid. 

Would you rather look after Kirk when he is in little kid mode or listen to April nerding out over science? 

I'd rather listen to April nerding out over science. I may not be a science person, but at least I wouldn't have the responsibility of having to look after Kirk. That would be a lot of work and if I wasn't being rewarded in some way, then I'd rather pass. 

A big name franchise opens up in Stars Hollow, right across the street from Luke's Diner (and Taylor's Ice Cream Shop). What would you rather it be: Starbucks, or Dairy Queen? 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'd rather listen to April nerding out over science. I may not be a science person, but at least I wouldn't have the responsibility of having to look after Kirk. That would be a lot of work and if I wasn't being rewarded in some way, then I'd rather pass. 

A big name franchise opens up in Stars Hollow, right across the street from Luke's Diner (and Taylor's Ice Cream Shop). What would you rather it be: Starbucks, or Dairy Queen? 

That's a good one.  I'm going to say Starbucks because I think Luke's customers are loyal enough that Starbucks will be sent scurrying with their tail between their legs.

If Rory had decided to change her major at Huntzberger told her she didn't have it would you rather she changed her major to education or pre-law?

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

If Rory had decided to change her major at Huntzberger told her she didn't have it would you rather she changed her major to education or pre-law?

Education, education all the way. I'm sorry, but Rory would not be a very good lawyer. She'd be too worried about herself and her needs that she wouldn't be able to properly represent her clients. That, and she can't do confrontation well and law is all about confrontation. No, the revival convinced me that she'd make a fine teacher/professor. 

If you had to spend a whole entire week with someone, would it be the Huntzbergers or the Haydens (sans Logan or Christopher)? 

Huntzbergers just because I'd hang out with Honor!

Would you rather spend a day at the club with Richard and Emily or spend a day at Bible camp with Mrs Kim and Lane?

The Club. I'm sure there would be some interesting people watching to do. Bible Camp just sounds like a nightmare. 

You're in Stars Hollow for one weekend, would you rather it be the week of the hay bale maze? Or when the Stars Hollow Museum was up and running? 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Bible Camp just sounds like a nightmare. 

I went to Bible Camp when I was a kid.  You also do other things.  You don't just sit there and read the Bible 24/7.  It's basically regular camp with Churchlike activities mixed in.  Some of those people at Richard's club seemed like a nightmare.  When 2 separate people call someone "the most odious woman alive" she either has problems or the people calling her that do.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

You're in Stars Hollow for one weekend, would you rather it be the week of the hay bale maze? Or when the Stars Hollow Museum was up and running? 

The museum, definitely.  I'm sneezing just thinking about being around the hay.  Ugh.

Which WYR watch on an endless loop - A Film by Kirk (1 or 2) or the 'Give them back their balls!' skit?

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I went to Bible Camp when I was a kid.  You also do other things.  You don't just sit there and read the Bible 24/7.  It's basically regular camp with Churchlike activities mixed in.  Some of those people at Richard's club seemed like a nightmare.  When 2 separate people call someone "the most odious woman alive" she either has problems or the people calling her that do.

Yea, I know you don't sit around reading the Bible the entire time. I guess I should have been more specific in that a Seventh Day Adventist Bible Camp sounds like a nightmare. Given all we've seen of Mrs Kim's idea of fun, I still think I'd have a better time people watching and snarking on the club members. 

Give them back their balls. I love that scene

WWYR:  Go on tour with Hep Alien or Miss Patty's One Woman Show?

(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, deaja said:

Give them back their balls. I love that scene

WWYR:  Go on tour with Hep Alien or Miss Patty's One Woman Show?

Hep Alien. Miss Patty gets on my last nerve.

Rory has her baby and it's a girl.  Would you rather she be named Lorelei III or Emily?

Edited by Katy M
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Hep Alien. Miss Patty gets on my last nerve.

Rory has her baby and it's a girl.  Would you rather she be named Lorelei III or Emily?

Oooh that's hard! It would mean a lot to both of them. I'd have to say Lorelai III just to keep the tradition going. :)

If Luke and Lorelai were to have a kid, would you rather it be a boy or a girl?

A girl. For some reason I just don't feel Lorelai is capable of raising a boy. 

Would you rather see Richard have an affair with timid, soft-spoken maid? Or see Emily have an affair with the Russian ballet dancer?

Summer! I actually liked Spring, mostly. Or, I'm forgetting parts I didn't enjoy. 

Speaking of the revival, would you rather go with Rory and the Life & Death Brigade reunion, or go with Lorelai on her Wild trip? 

I would go on the WILD trip, but ditch Lorelai and just enjoy the beauty of where I'm at. I'm not a drinker or late night partier, so the L&DB shennanigans never really seemed fun to me. 

Which weekend would you rather stay at the Dragonfly? When Taylor's family is in town? Or all the sweaty cyclists?

• Love 1

Taylor's family, because they none seemed to be "Taylor-ish."  The cyclists would smell.

Who would you rather have as a supervisor - Mrs. Kim or Michel?

54 minutes ago, deaja said:

Taylor's family, because they none seemed to be "Taylor-ish."  The cyclists would smell.

Who would you rather have as a supervisor - Mrs. Kim or Michel?

That's a good one.  I'm going to go with Michel, because I feel that if you could figure out how he wanted things done and did them that way, he'd be satisfied.  Mrs. Kim would find fault with everything.

Assuming both chose judicial decisions and not juries, would you rather be the judge in the case where Emily's maids sue her or in a case where Luke sues Taylor for putting a window in his wall.

11 hours ago, Katy M said:

That's a good one.  I'm going to go with Michel, because I feel that if you could figure out how he wanted things done and did them that way, he'd be satisfied.  Mrs. Kim would find fault with everything.

Assuming both chose judicial decisions and not juries, would you rather be the judge in the case where Emily's maids sue her or in a case where Luke sues Taylor for putting a window in his wall.

Emily's maids! That would be a parade of guest stars with each story more horrifying than the last. 

Would you rather Luke had read the book and asked Lorelai out much sooner, or that Lorelai would have been able to express her true feelings when necessary (any time, not just with Luke)?

This is such a fun game! 

LOL, I love how I can tell how much you dislike Lorelai just by your question, @junienmomo, even if I hadn't read your other posts! 

I will choose Luke asking Lorelai out earlier. Much earlier, preferably back in S1 around Double Date or Donna Reed, but as a LL fan, I'm probably biased! 

Would you rather have gotten to meet - or at least learn more about - Luke's mother or Luke's father? 

On 4/25/2017 at 9:43 PM, openwindow said:

LOL, I love how I can tell how much you dislike Lorelai just by your question, @junienmomo, even if I hadn't read your other posts! 

Oops, it wasn't meant that way. I have my moments hating things Lorelai does, but this was meant to draw a parallel between Luke who couldn't ask her out for a decade and Lorelai who couldn't speak her true feelings. Both things make me question the rationality of shipping these two. These issues are way too extreme for two adults to do if I'm going to purport to love them.

• Love 1
On 4/25/2017 at 2:43 PM, openwindow said:

Would you rather have gotten to meet - or at least learn more about - Luke's mother or Luke's father? 

His father. 

Who would you rather have for a weekend guest at your house? Paris? Or Kirk? 

Kirk.  He would at least try to make himself amenable.  Paris would be her usual caustic self, and I'd hate to have to kill her.

Which snobby elitists would you rather have to work for - Chris' parents or Jason's parents?

15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Jason's. For some reason his father seems less Assy than Straub, to me. 

Would you rather watch an episode where Mrs Kim babysits the feral version of Gigi? Or Paris babysits April? 

I'm not sure why April would have needed a babysitter since she was like 12 when she first showed up, so I will go with Mrs. Kim and feral Gigi.  Gigi would have been flying right by the end of the epi, I'm sure.

Would you rather Land and dean date or Rory and Zach?

4 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm not sure why April would have needed a babysitter since she was like 12 when she first showed up, so I will go with Mrs. Kim and feral Gigi.  Gigi would have been flying right by the end of the epi, I'm sure.

Would you rather Land and dean date or Rory and Zach?

Lane and Dean just because I can't see Rory and Zach together.

Would you rather see Lorelai and Jackson date or Luke and Sookie?

Luke and Sookie. I think it would have been an interesting pairing to watch.

If two characters had to switch jobs, would you rather have seen Luke and Taylor switch (Taylor as the diner owner, Luke as the ice cream shop owner), or Mrs. Kim and Sookie switch (Mrs. Kim as chef, Sookie as the antique owner)? 

Definitely Luke and Taylor! I'd love to see Luke at the Soda Shoppe! :D

Would you rather have seen April spend some time with Emily and Richard or Rory actually get to know Francine and start to form a bond?

On 4/29/2017 at 8:13 AM, Katy M said:

Lane watched her one night for Luke, so that's why I used that scenario. I'm guessing, as a "new" father, Luke didn't necessarily feel comfortable letting her watch herself? 

On 4/29/2017 at 4:47 PM, elang4 said:

Would you rather have seen April spend some time with Emily and Richard or Rory actually get to know Francine and start to form a bond?

I think April with the elder Gilmores would have been interesting. CAN'T stand Francine, and have no desire to ever see her again. 

Would you rather have your street name changed to Sores and Boils Alley or have your name printed wrong on your wedding invitations?

Name printed wrong.  It can be fixed.  Thinking anyone wants to live on - or have a business on - Sores and Boils Alley is absurd.

Random one that popped into my head - WYR Sookie or Michel have been played by a different actor?