Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

In the revival Luke couldn't decide what to call Lorelai's mom. Should he have stuck with Emily or Mrs. Gilmore?

Emily.  I feel he earned it somehow.

3 hours ago, elang4 said:

Lorelai and Alex?

Who's Alex?  I was thinking it was the kid from her business class but now I'm not sure.

Would you rather spend your day watching Rory pick out books at a book sale or listen to Lane play the drums all day when she's just starting to learn?

12 minutes ago, Katy M said:

In the revival Luke couldn't decide what to call Lorelai's mom. Should he have stuck with Emily or Mrs. Gilmore?

He could always call her Mother Gilmore.  *snicker*

13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Would you rather spend your day watching Rory pick out books at a book sale or listen to Lane play the drums all day when she's just starting to learn?

Rory pick out books.  It would at least be something interesting.

WYR work at Doose's or Andrew's book store?

1 hour ago, lulu1960 said:

Alex is the guy that was friend's with Joe the guy that Sookie worked with back in the day. They were going to open a coffee shop. Luke taught Lorelai to fish so she could go on a fishing date with Alex

Ah, thanks.  I had forgotten all about him.  apparently he didn't make much of an impression.

28 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I'm a bad fan, what were the circumstances of Luke going to Maine?

Very beginning of Season 5 - very convenient to be able to have a whole summer elapse and still be able to show us the beginnings of the L&L relationship.

Ahh, thanks!  I didn't realize it was in Maine.

So, TJ never interrupted dinner, because it was far more the pointless of the two.  I kinda like that L/L had to spend a few weeks apart just as they were deciding to date, gave them time to think about it and realize they were doing this because they really wanted to and weren't just on a "first kiss/attraction high".

WYR work for Sookie in her kitchen, or Paris at her surrogacy center?

38 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Would you rather have Mrs. Kim or Emily for a mother--as a teenager?

Mrs. Kim.  As strict as she was, I don't think there was ever a doubt in Lane's mind that her mother loved her.  Lorelai was an adult before she realized Emily did love her.

Who would you rather your daughter date - Dave Rygalski, or Zach?

Dave. I really like them both. But Zach can be kind of mopey and weird when in uncomfortable situations and I think my personality would suit Dave's better. 

Would you rather babysit the Banyan boys? Or Gigi, pre-Chris gets his shit together?

8 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Probably GiGi. At least with her there is only one kid to contend with.

We finally see Luke use the guitar or the skis that were in his apartment  (I've seen both things on episodes)

The skis!! I've read a fanfiction which had Luke, Lorelai, Jess, Rory and two of Luke and Lorelai's kids go on a skiing holiday and it was so good! Could actually visualise it happening! :)

Would you rather see Rory work in the diner with Luke or Jess work in the inn with Lorelai?

6 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

We finally see Luke use the guitar or the skis that were in his apartment  (I've seen both things on episodes)

The guitar.  It makes my soul happy to think that Luke may know how to play, and the image of him sitting down strumming a guitar is making me a little swoony.

In the Revival - a Nanny is raising Paris' kids because she can't be bothered, much like her own parents; or Doyle is a stay-at-home dad (because she loves her kids but he's the better parent).

13 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

The guitar.  It makes my soul happy to think that Luke may know how to play, and the image of him sitting down strumming a guitar is making me a little swoony.

In the Revival - a Nanny is raising Paris' kids because she can't be bothered, much like her own parents; or Doyle is a stay-at-home dad (because she loves her kids but he's the better parent).

Think we posted at the same time! I'll say Doyle as I believe Paris did love her kids. :)

I'll repeat mine, would you rather Rory work in the diner with Luke or Jess work at the inn with Lorelai?

1 hour ago, elang4 said:

The skis!! I've read a fanfiction which had Luke, Lorelai, Jess, Rory and two of Luke and Lorelai's kids go on a skiing holiday and it was so good! Could actually visualise it happening! :)

Would you rather see Rory work in the diner with Luke or Jess work in the inn with Lorelai?

I know the person that wrote that fanfiction that you are talking about. She's a dear friend of mine.

5 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

I know the person that wrote that fanfiction that you are talking about. She's a dear friend of mine.

Yeah I've read her story so many times!! It's amazing! She's a great writer. :)

58 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

Rory working with Luke. I think she'd have fun. She and Lane could work together.

Luke participates with Lorelai at another dance marathon or Luke participates in another Festival of Living Art

Dance marathon! That would be so much fun! :D

Would you rather see Luke skating with Lorelai on the ice rink he made for her or them having used the chuppah he made her for their wedding in the revival?

53 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Dance marathon! That would be so much fun! :D

Would you rather see Luke skating with Lorelai on the ice rink he made for her or them having used the chuppah he made her for their wedding in the revival?

I would have loved seeing the chuppah used. I don't even think we saw it clearly at the house either.

Lorelai finally gets rid of the Jeep, or Luke gets rid of the truck?

33 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

I would have loved seeing the chuppah used. I don't even think we saw it clearly at the house either.

Lorelai finally gets rid of the Jeep, or Luke gets rid of the truck?

Oooh that's tough. I'll have to say jeep just because I seriously can't picture Luke without his truck. I always had it in my mind that it was his dad's as well.

Lorelai without the inn or Luke without the diner?

28 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Oooh that's tough. I'll have to say jeep just because I seriously can't picture Luke without his truck. I always had it in my mind that it was his dad's as well.

Lorelai without the inn or Luke without the diner?

Lorelai without the inn. Luke and the diner are one. She'll find something rewarding to do. He'd have to open a bait shop (a nod to ATX).

Lorelai works part-time for the Durham Group or Luke franchises?

Yeah I've read her story so many times!! It's amazing! She's a great writer. :)

Cmon, people! Author name or story title, please! I just searched, read some, but am not sure which story you're talking about!

12 hours ago, junienmomo said:

Lorelai without the inn. Luke and the diner are one. She'll find something rewarding to do. He'd have to open a bait shop (a nod to ATX).

Lorelai works part-time for the Durham Group or Luke franchises?

Cmon, people! Author name or story title, please! I just searched, read some, but am not sure which story you're talking about!

The author is Mags68. She did a four part series that is many, many, many chapters. It starts with Good at Dating, Rules of EngagementMiddle Management, Packaged Goods.

The skiing part is in Middle Management. Starting in Chapter 89.  

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

Luke franchises. He can still be at the Main Luke's and hire people for the other places.

Paris is not going into medicine or law. Will it be politics or business?

Politics! I think she'd be great! :D

Lorelai without Rory or Luke without Jess?

5 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

The author is Mags68. She did a four part series that is many, many, many chapters. It starts with Good at Dating, Rules of EngagementMiddle Management, Packaged Goods.

The skiing part is in Middle Management. Starting in 89.  

It's really good! I've read it so many times already! :D

Politics! I think she'd be great! :D

Lorelai without Rory or Luke without Jess?

It's really good! I've read it so many times already! :D

Sadly I'd have to go Luke without Jess. I can't eliminate one of the girls in Gilmore Girls.

Lindsay and Dean work out or Jess and Shane.

Rory to see Jess.  And not just because I love Jess, LOL.  Dave is over.  He's done.  Stick a fork in him.

Who WYR have seen have more self-reflection in the Revival after Richard's death - Rory, or Lorelai?

39 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Rory to see Jess.  And not just because I love Jess, LOL.  Dave is over.  He's done.  Stick a fork in him.

Who WYR have seen have more self-reflection in the Revival after Richard's death - Rory, or Lorelai?

Rory. Maybe it would have made her think a bit about her actions.

Would you have rather seen Luke and Lorelai with a kid in the revival or have seen their wedding?

54 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

I really liked the impromptu one but I would have loved to see the one the next day with the townies, flash mobs, and Lorelai in a wedding dress.

We never did see. Did Sookie have another boy or girl?

Girl. I don't know why but I just think it'll have been a girl. :)

Would you rather have Jess as your brother or Rory as your sister?

6 minutes ago, elang4 said:

Would you rather have Jess as your brother or Rory as your sister?

On the one hand, with Rory as your sister, you'd always get why can't you be more like your sister.  Jess would probably be obnoxious to no end.  so, I'd go with Rory because I already have a perfect sister.  I could deal.

Would you rather have to study for and pass Rory's ridiculous Shakespeare test or spedn the night with DAve reading the entire bible in one night.

Just now, Katy M said:

On the one hand, with Rory as your sister, you'd always get why can't you be more like your sister.  Jess would probably be obnoxious to no end.  so, I'd go with Rory because I already have a perfect sister.  I could deal.

Would you rather have to study for and pass Rory's ridiculous Shakespeare test or spedn the night with DAve reading the entire bible in one night.

Spend the night with Dave reading the bible because at least I'd have company! :)

Would you rather Lorelai have actually married Max or Luke had married Rachel?

Luke + Rachel.  I think it still would have ended in a year or so, but I just have such an irrational hatred of Max.  I hate him more every time I watch the series.  Ugh.

WYR Revival Rory was not so snobby about where she would work and what kind of articles she would write, or that Logan wasn't engaged so her 'what happens in London' attitude wasn't so morally gray?

Rory not so snobby. An engaged Logan can be redeemed; a Rory who doesn't know how to manage her career after a decade less so.

WYR in the revival had more Jess or more (with a more plausible storyline) Sookie?

Thanks, lulu. I'd been looking for a standalone fic about skiing. Love Mag68's writing, even bought some books.

Edited by junienmomo
Mag comment added

I'm going to go with April was actually his niece. It would have probably made Luke's story in season 6 and season 7 better since there'd be no custody battle for season 7, and Jess was practically Luke's son anyway. The relationship would still work, whether or not Jess was his nephew or son. 

What would you rather be kept up at night for: Rory needing help to study for a test, or Taylor calling an hours long town meeting? 

1 hour ago, lulu1960 said:

I think Lucy's play. She didn't sound like she was doing obscure works.

Hep Alien gets a record deal or Jess gets a major book deal?

Hep Alien gets a record deal.

Who would you rather have had a secret love child before they got married:  Richard or Emily?

Emily, just because this is something that is more often expected of a man. It's harder for a woman to hide it, so that might make it more interesting. 

Who would you like to actually see parenting their kid(s)? Sherry with Gigi? Or Zach with the twins?

Which silly, over-the-top, 'nobody would ever do that in real life' running gag would you get rid of -- Luke keeping the diner open during remodeling (with sheetrock falling into customer's food), or Luke physically throwing people out of the diner during his angry breakup phase?

Angry Luke throwing people out. I didn't like that.

Lorelai ends the series happily married to Chris or Jess.  Pick one. ;)