Jump to content

Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Would You Rather?


  • Reply
  • Start Topic

Recommended Posts

On 5/1/2017 at 9:57 AM, Taryn74 said:

Random one that popped into my head - WYR Sookie or Michel have been played by a different actor?

Michel for sure. I love MM as Sookie way too much.

Would you rather Lorelai have had a child with Max or Jason?

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Would you rather Lorelai have had a child with Max or Jason?

Max, no question about it.  Can you imagine Jason with a child?  That poor kid.

WYR that instead of Rory stealing a yacht, she had changed her major, or tried to bankrupt Logan's father (forgot his name).

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

WYR that instead of Rory stealing a yacht, she had changed her major, or tried to bankrupt Logan's father

OMG, Rory trying to bankrupt Mitchum.  I'm cringing and dying laughing at the same time at the very thought!  She would be so far in over her head, it would be sad and hilarious both.

 

 

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Can you imagine Jason with a child?  That poor kid.

Ha, I had the same thought!  Jason is not cut out for fatherhood in any form.

 

We all know Lorelai has a tendency to run her mouth and act out at the worst times.  Who gloriously calls her out on it - Natalie and her husband at Thanksgiving dinner (the Yale argument) or the lawyer who took her "deposition" when Emily was being sued by a maid?

Link to comment

Natalie and her husband. The deposition made me laugh; the Thanksgiving dinner did not.

 

Who would you rather see perform in person? The infamous "folk singer" and the "doo wop group" of Rory and Paris's off campus apartment? 

Link to comment
21 hours ago, Taryn74 said:
22 hours ago, Katy M said:

Can you imagine Jason with a child?  That poor kid.

Ha, I had the same thought!  Jason is not cut out for fatherhood in any form.

Hee, I wasn't even thinking about that! Just the impact on Loralei's love life and what a Rory 2.0 would be like. If it were Max, she probably wouldn't hooked up with Chris and if it were Jason, she wouldn't have hooked up with Luke. (Maybe later but it would have been another obstacle for them.) Now that you mention it, I don't think Jason as a father would be so bad especially if he or she stayed with Loralei most of the time and Jason on various weekends and holidays. Jason knew what it was like to have a cold father so he probably would have tried not to be like that. I think it would be entertaining to see him try. Plus that might have been something that would make him drop his lawsuit. I would also have liked to see Loralei raise a kid if she became a mother as an adult and when she was more financially established. I'd love to see a Rory 2.0 who wasn't so influenced by her grandparents. I always thought it made Rory into a brat. Sorry, too much off topic.

18 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Who would you rather see perform in person? The infamous "folk singer" and the "doo wop group" of Rory and Paris's off campus apartment? 

Folk singer. 

Would you rather live with a teen-aged Jess in Luke's over the diner apartment (before he expanded) for a year or live with Kirk for a year?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Hee, I wasn't even thinking about that! Just the impact on Loralei's love life and what a Rory 2.0 would be like. If it were Max, she probably wouldn't hooked up with Chris and if it were Jason, she wouldn't have hooked up with Luke. (Maybe later but it would have been another obstacle for them.) Now that you mention it, I don't think Jason as a father would be so bad especially if he or she stayed with Loralei most of the time and Jason on various weekends and holidays. Jason knew what it was like to have a cold father so he probably would have tried not to be like that. I think it would be entertaining to see him try. Plus that might have been something that would make him drop his lawsuit. I would also have liked to see Loralei raise a kid if she became a mother as an adult and when she was more financially established. I'd love to see a Rory 2.0 who wasn't so influenced by her grandparents. I always thought it made Rory into a brat. Sorry, too much off topic.

Folk singer. 

Would you rather live with a teen-aged Jess in Luke's over the diner apartment (before he expanded) for a year or live with Kirk for a year?

Kirk for a year because he had enough jobs and responsibilities around town that I might get a break from him from time to time.


Would you rather see Francie as part of the Life and Death Brigade or Tana has part of the Puffs?

Link to comment
On 10/08/2017 at 5:23 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Would you rather see Francie as part of the Life and Death Brigade or Tana has part of the Puffs?

Tana as part of the Puffs.

 

Would you have rathered Luke tell Lorelai about April, as soon as he found out, or Lorelai tell Luke about the tequila night with Christopher, the next morning?

Link to comment

I would definitely have preferred that Luke tell Lorelai about April right away. It reflected so poorly on Luke and was the cause of so many problems that haunted the show through the rest of its run. 

Which relationship would you have erased from canon: Luke and Nicole or Lorelai and Max?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I actually liked Max (unpopular opinion) so i would erase Nicole in a heartbeat. Didn't think she was necessary, especially since i don't think we saw enough of the relationship.

 

Would you have rathered seeing Rory and Dean work out (after his divorce) or Lane leave Stars Hollow and move to New York to follow her music dream?

Link to comment
5 hours ago, timimouse said:

I actually liked Max (unpopular opinion) so i would erase Nicole in a heartbeat. Didn't think she was necessary, especially since i don't think we saw enough of the relationship.

 

Would you have rathered seeing Rory and Dean work out (after his divorce) or Lane leave Stars Hollow and move to New York to follow her music dream?

That's a tough one, but I'm going to say have Rory and Dean work out, because at least it makes sabotaging the marriage have a reason.

Which couple that you would have never thought of putting together would you rather see: Michel and Mrs. Kim (Mr. Kim dies or something) or Kirk and Miss Patty?

Link to comment

Michel and Mrs. Kim.

Miss Patty was so maternal to Kirk that it would just feel wrong.

Who would you rather live with? The family from Application Anxiety or Cat Kirk?

Link to comment

Oh God, Cat Kirk. I'd take scratches all over my body any day than have to play one round of table trivia with those freaks. 

 

For your birthday - Birkin bag or a coffee cart that follows you around all day?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Birkin bag, I guess.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker so that would be a waste.  I'm not really into fancy purses either, but at least it would be useful.

WYR have been a guest at the Bracebridge dinner, or Emily's impromptu bachelorette party?

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Birkin bag, I guess.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker so that would be a waste.  I'm not really into fancy purses either, but at least it would be useful.

You could always sell it!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Birkin bag, I guess.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker so that would be a waste.  I'm not really into fancy purses either, but at least it would be useful.

WYR have been a guest at the Bracebridge dinner, or Emily's impromptu bachelorette party?

Emily's bachelorette party... drunk Emily was so much fun!

WYR be stranded on a deserted island with Kirk or TJ?

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, timimouse said:

WYR be stranded on a deserted island with Kirk or TJ?

This one's a no-brainer.  Kirk.  He may be weird, but TJ"s lazy. 

Who would you rather find out is your long lost child: Jess or Logan?

Link to comment

Logan.  I'm sure I could somehow blackmail the Huntzbergers as a result.

Who would you rather raise? Gigi or Rogan's spawn?

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, deaja said:

Logan.  I'm sure I could somehow blackmail the Huntzbergers as a result.

Who would you rather raise? Gigi or Rogan's spawn?

Gigi.  She was much better after Christopher actually got parental. I can't imagine parenting a child with Logan or Rory being involved, as well.  Now, if it was a closed adoption situation, I'd take baby Rogan.


Would you rather attend "the game" and tailgate with Richard and Emily or the Winter Carnival with Jess, Dean, and Cora?

Link to comment

Tailgate with Richard and Emily. They were over the top, but fun until the whole blow-up happened.

Would you rather be tutored by Paris or be an intern for Michel?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, deaja said:

Logan.  I'm sure I could somehow blackmail the Huntzbergers as a result.

Ha ha ha!

 

12 minutes ago, deaja said:

Would you rather be tutored by Paris or be an intern for Michel?

Michel. He's easier to ignore.

 

WYR be a cook in Sookie's kitchen during ADFKT meltdown time, or in Luke's diner when he was broken up with Lorelai?

Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Ha ha ha!

 

Michel. He's easier to ignore.

 

WYR be a cook in Sookie's kitchen during ADFKT meltdown time, or in Luke's diner when he was broken up with Lorelai?

I'm totally blanking on the "ADFKT" reference, but regardless to what it is, I'd take ANY Sookie over post-breakup Luke!

 

Would you rather parent Rory through her sleeping-with-married-Dean phase or her stealing-a-yacht-and-dropping-out-of-Yale phase?

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, timimouse said:

I'm totally blanking on the "ADFKT" reference

A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving where she screamed at the staff for throwing things away, worried they couldn't run her kitchen, etc.

Link to comment
Just now, deaja said:

A Deep Fried Korean Thanksgiving where she screamed at the staff for throwing things away, worried they couldn't run her kitchen, etc.

Ahhh. Thanks . My answer still stands. Luke was physically tossing people out of the diner! No thank you!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, timimouse said:

Would you rather parent Rory through her sleeping-with-married-Dean phase or her stealing-a-yacht-and-dropping-out-of-Yale phase?

Ugh, horrible choice. I'd say the Dean thing, only because she seemed to come around sooner. 

A Stars Hollow staple is moving to your town. Which one - Black, White, and Red movie theatre? Or Luke's?

Link to comment

Luke's! I would be so excited. :)

Who would you rather deal with? Caffeine-deprived Lorelai or kitchen-deprived Sookie?

Link to comment
On 8/28/2017 at 2:44 PM, deaja said:

Luke's! I would be so excited. :)

Who would you rather deal with? Caffeine-deprived Lorelai or kitchen-deprived Sookie?

This one is soooo hard because caffeine-deprived Lorelai is very rude and annoying and kitchen-deprived Sookie goes a little over the top.... but I think I'd take Sookie becasue crazy I can handle - rude gets under my skin. 

Would you rather Rory married Logan when he proposed or run away with Jess when he asked her to?

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Run away with Jess. It may not have lasted long, but WOW the dynamic that would've brought to the show! ASP could've even kept her precious Rory-drops-out-of-Yale storyline and all of the tension that caused between Rory and Lorelai, but it would have been for a much more organic reason. And Richard & Emily would have been far more inclined to agree with Lorelai about Rory falling off her path if she had run away with some loser rather than hanging out in their pool house dating a Huntzberger. It would be interesting to see how Rory would have reacted to Lorelai and the g'rents both teaming up against her from the beginning. Hmmm.

Spinoff centered around Luke, Jess, Liz, and TJ; or centered around Kirk and Lulu?

Link to comment

Ugh.... again, tough choice because I despise all of those characters, except Luke. But I'd rather spinoff with Luke et al in the hopes that Lorelai would visit from time to time. I doubt she'd visit Kirk and Lulu.

 

For those who love Christopher... would you rather Lorelai married Christopher before he got rich (instead of Sherrie), or after?

Link to comment
On 9/8/2017 at 0:25 PM, timimouse said:

For those who love Christopher... would you rather Lorelai married Christopher before he got rich (instead of Sherrie), or after?

I don't love Christopher but I thought he and Lorelai had chemistry. I'd rather she marry Christopher before he got rich instead of Sherrie because I'd enjoy Lorelai dealing with angry pregnant ex-girlfriend Sherrie rather than annoyingly nice pregnant Sherrie. Plus if she's going to end up with Luke anyway, I'd rather they just stay together than break up and have Lorelai marry Christopher in the interim.

Would you rather have all your meals cooked by Sookie or Luke? Caveat: you'd have to eat all your meals either with Sookie's entire family like L&L did in "6.05 We've got magic to do" when Sookie and Jacksons kids were being loud and Sookie and Jackson were asking them to turn down the TV OR in Luke's Diner at the counter with Kirk?

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Would you rather have all your meals cooked by Sookie or Luke? Caveat: you'd have to eat all your meals either with Sookie's entire family like L&L did in "6.05 We've got magic to do" when Sookie and Jacksons kids were being loud and Sookie and Jackson were asking them to turn down the TV OR in Luke's Diner at the counter with Kirk?

Easy one again.  Luke's at the counter with Kirk for two reasons.  One, I love Kirk.  Two, I'm not a fancy food eater. 

I'm going to turn murderous again. Would you rather Dean strangle Tristan with his Doosie's apron like he said he might, or one of the maids kill Emily

  • Love 1
Link to comment

One of the maids kill Emily. Not becasue I don't like Emily (I REALLY do) but becasue 1) the maid probably would've had a good reason and 2) I'd love to see Emily try to talk the killer into dropping the knife. 

 

Would you rather find out why it didnt work out between Jess and his dad in California or what the town loner had written on his protest sign*?

 

*I've ALWAYS wanted to know what he was protesting. Lol!

Edited by timimouse
  • Love 2
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

TOWN LONER!!!! Oh my word, that has PLAGUED me to this very day!!!!

There is this man in my town who walks around on main street with a protest sign about as tall as he is and he has written a ton of stuff on it in small print.  I have seen him for at least 10 years and I have no idea what he's protesting.  I'm sometimes tempted to tell him to pick one thing and write it bigger, but I really just don't want to get involved.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

There is this man in my town who walks around on main street with a protest sign about as tall as he is and he has written a ton of stuff on it in small print.  I have seen him for at least 10 years and I have no idea what he's protesting.  I'm sometimes tempted to tell him to pick one thing and write it bigger, but I really just don't want to get involved.

That's kind of hilarious.

Link to comment

Ugh. This is an evil question. 

I'm actually going to go with Lorelai married Jason. I guess I wanted Emily and Richard  back together more than L&L. 

 

(Plus, I have a feeling Lorelai and Jason would fizzle anyway, leaving her open for Luke. Emily is too stubborn, plus she's closer to the end of her life. No need to waste time on Simon.)

 

 

The Independence Inn is on fire. Do you save Rune or Sookie's stove? 

Edited by ghoulina
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Do you save Rune or Sookie's stove?

I legit just choked on my drink.

Rune's got legs. He can use them.

Same theme - sadly, someone perishes in the fire.  Is it Rune or Tobin?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I legit just choked on my drink.

Rune's got legs. He can use them.

Same theme - sadly, someone perishes in the fire.  Is it Rune or Tobin?

Rune.  How does this fire start?  

Paris and Rory decide to do a dangerous chemistry experiment in one of the rooms, or Miss Patty sets it on fire because she's been offered a role as an arsonist and wants to do research?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Rune.  How does this fire start?  

 

Probably also at the hand of Rune.  Therefore, his death is fitting.

Paris and Rory do a dangerous experiment.  

WWYR?  Never watch Gilmore Girls again, or after every 2 episodes you watch, you also have to watch A Vineyard Valentine?

Link to comment
4 hours ago, deaja said:

WWYR?  Never watch Gilmore Girls again, or after every 2 episodes you watch, you also have to watch A Vineyard Valentine?

Ugh, as uncomfortable as VV makes me, I'll pick that one. I can't not ever watch this show again!!! And I dooooo have a mute button. 

 

You have a young daughter. Would you rather she date Colin or Brennon-Butt-Napkin?

Link to comment
50 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

You have a young daughter. Would you rather she date Colin or Brennon-Butt-Napkin?

Oh, Brennon for sure.  He was an idiot but he seemed safe enough.  I hate Colin with every fiber of my being.

Another younger generation has a May/December thing going on.  Is it Lane with Gil (assuming both of them were single), or Rory with a Chilton teacher (after graduation, calm down Ms. Letourneau).

Link to comment

I'll take Lane with Gil! I liked Gil a lot. More than Zach, in fact :) 

 

Quote

  I hate Colin with every fiber of my being.

Quote

 

 

 

So do I, fellow GG fan. Clue's incomparable Mrs. White captures the intensity of my loathing for him:

 

 

 

mrswhite.gif

My question is would you all rather have seen Rory become an English Lit. teacher or an editor and fact checker for a publishing house? 

Edited by theotherhalliwell
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, theotherhalliwell said:

My question is would you all rather have seen Rory become an English Lit. teacher or an editor and fact checker for a publishing house? 

I'd like to see Rory as a teacher. The passion she has for things she loves could really be infectious on some young students. 

 

Would you rather plan one of Emily's party or the retirement party for the Beanie Baby guy who changed his mind 20 billion times? 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, theotherhalliwell said:

Clue's incomparable Mrs. White captures the intensity of my loathing for him:

Hee!

 

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Would you rather plan one of Emily's party or the retirement party for the Beanie Baby guy who changed his mind 20 billion times? 

Hmm, one of Emily's parties.  She's tough but as long as you do everything right, you're golden.  I can handle that a lot better.

 

Rory and Jess made it to prom!  Would you rather have seen them at the Stars Hollow prom (so we also got scenes with Lane and Dave) or at the Chilton prom (so we got to see Paris and Jamie)?

Link to comment

Excellent question! I'd rather see Rory and Jess at Stars Hollow High. It would be interesting to see Rory trying to reconnect with people from her former school. Would it make Rory wonder how the past few years would have been different if she'd stayed there? Would they feel she's changed at Chilton in ways that she wouldn't have otherwise? Would some of her former classmates resent her for going to a posh school or are they all part of the Rory Gilmore Fan Club that all Stars Hollow adults seemed required to join? Do we see that Jess has a friend or two there we didn't know about? My one request would be that they don't run into Dean/Lindsay. The one thing Season 3 didn't need was another ridiculous Jess vs Dean showdown!

You're allowed to change the AYITL stories and characterization for just one of the Gilmore girls. Would you rather change - and hopefully improve - Lorelai's or Rory's?

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Rory's.  Lorelai's was okay, just a little boring.  Rory's was not good.

What would you rather have seen Paris doing in the revival - storyline as written or a personality change into a kind, nurturing kindergarten teacher?

Link to comment

I love the idea of Paris turning out so differently than expected, but I think all things considered I'm happy she's still her terrifying but amazing, kickass self. Part of me wishes she didn't have kids because I don't see her as someone who'd have wanted them and am ambivalent about her and Doyle, but I'd keep her revival storyline.

Who would you rather have learned more about: Luke's parents or Emily's parents (Lorelai's grandparents)?

I know this game has been dead for a year, but it looks like so much fun that I'm hoping we can bring it back to life!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, coffeecoffeecoffee said:

I love the idea of Paris turning out so differently than expected, but I think all things considered I'm happy she's still her terrifying but amazing, kickass self. Part of me wishes she didn't have kids because I don't see her as someone who'd have wanted them and am ambivalent about her and Doyle, but I'd keep her revival storyline.

Who would you rather have learned more about: Luke's parents or Emily's parents (Lorelai's grandparents)?

I know this game has been dead for a year, but it looks like so much fun that I'm hoping we can bring it back to life!

I agree about Paris not having kids. She doesn't seem like she'd be interested or even like kids. I'd keep her and Doyle together they are cute together and I love her reaction when Doyle tells her he'll follow her where ever she goes. Given how crappy her parents are the look on her face that someone loves her and will move anywhere she goes. It was really nice. I do still wish we had seen Paris and Jess together though. They both had bad family situations they had in common and most people didn't like them. When Rory, Jess and Paris are talking about books I got more interested in Paris and Jess. 

I'd really like to know both. What was Emily's relationship with her mother? Did they get along? What about her father? What did he do if anything. I think one of her grandfather's founded the hospital Richard was in the Forgiveness and Stuff. I always wondered how much money Emily's family had and their dynamic given Emily's obsess with status. What did her parents think of Richard? Or that he engaged to someone else? What were Luke's parents like? His dad sounded like such a fun guy for being part of the Reenactors. What was his mother like? Like Liz or different?   

  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I agree about Paris not having kids. She doesn't seem like she'd be interested or even like kids. I'd keep her and Doyle together they are cute together and I love her reaction when Doyle tells her he'll follow her where ever she goes. Given how crappy her parents are the look on her face that someone loves her and will move anywhere she goes. It was really nice.

Completely agree with all of this.  It would have actually been rather funny to have Paris be the head of the elite surrogacy clinic like she was, but with no kids of her own because she hates babies/kids (in that 'it's only tv so don't take it too seriously' kind of way).  And I didn't understand the point of breaking her and Doyle up.  But, ASP, so whatever.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...