Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Model Behavior

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Thereabouts, yes. If you can't open in a year, you're already looking at closing within 6 months. Unless they have some crazy idea about waiting until the final reunion show. But knowing how greedy the OLG is, it's probably what I said earlier about people who have no restaurant experience have no business trying to open one.

I kind of figured when Todd said things were close to ready the end of November they would not open until after the holidays.  Kandi has the Old Lady Gang appearing on the Hallmark Channel, I would think something would break pretty quick. 

On 12/20/2016 at 10:04 PM, sunsheyen said:

Kandi was the only one who stood by Phaedra's man/relationship, even from the beginning with not shading or even questioning her due date bullshit and being couples friends with them.

Kandi did not stand by Phaedra at all.  As a matter of fact, she brandished Phaedra for not standing by Apollo and actually tried to use an intervention to force Phaedra to take her kids to see Apollo.  She totally ignored the very telling signs that Apollo was being abusive and that Phaedra was a little afraid of him.  She took at surface fact that Phaedra was doing fine when even we the watchers could see the pain.  Nene saw it.  So did Porsha.  But her good ''friend'' didn't catch it at all.   That was evident when she brandished Phaedra at the restaurant stating that Phaedra couldn't wait for the marriage to end.  The only time she actually stood by Phaedra was when she was being grilled by Kenya and Cynthia at her "awards ceremony" hosted by Peter and that was BEFORE she found out Nene was comforting Phaedra.  She went in at Phaedra the moment she found out about Nene and then it was Kandi accusing Phaedra of badmouthing her to Nene.  All this because Nene called Kandi out for not supporting Phaedra when it was obvious she needed a real friend at that time.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

I can see a spinoff being her angle..."will they be able to open on time for the (new/year later) opening night? Other than Vanderpump Rules, she's the only HW with ongoing spinoffs. Cant knock the hustle.

On another note, part of me wonders when NeNe will come crawling back on her high horse. Those tax bills wont pay themselves, and I doubt the "comedy" tour is paying quite as much as Ryan Murphy and 6 week appearances on Broadway.

Nene may never come back.  She is opening up clothing stores, she has the comedy tour  which is a very bid success and she is about to take it overseas next year, and now the cocktails and convo tours as well as her stint on Fashion Police.  She is doing quite well.  As for Kandi's restaurant.  They have finished filming and according to locals, the building itself isn't yet ready; let alone getting it up and running.

2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Kandi did not stand by Phaedra at all.  As a matter of fact, she brandished Phaedra for not standing by Apollo and actually tried to use an intervention to force Phaedra to take her kids to see Apollo.  She totally ignored the very telling signs that Apollo was being abusive and that Phaedra was a little afraid of him.  She took at surface fact that Phaedra was doing fine when even we the watchers could see the pain.  Nene saw it.  So did Porsha.  But her good ''friend'' didn't catch it at all.   That was evident when she brandished Phaedra at the restaurant stating that Phaedra couldn't wait for the marriage to end.  The only time she actually stood by Phaedra was when she was being grilled by Kenya and Cynthia at her "awards ceremony" hosted by Peter and that was BEFORE she found out Nene was comforting Phaedra.  She went in at Phaedra the moment she found out about Nene and then it was Kandi accusing Phaedra of badmouthing her to Nene.  All this because Nene called Kandi out for not supporting Phaedra when it was obvious she needed a real friend at that time.

I guess you missed the next sentence of mine that you quoted which was referencing Phaedra's introductory lies and Kandi being the only one to accept her at face value and not question/snark on it. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Or Kandi is trying to parlay the opening into another mini spinoff, like her wedding and that family trip to Colorado.

That's the thing with Porsha though, she picks up on these things and has some spot on insights/jokes. She needs to do more of these. LOL

Yes ! I like Porsha because what you see is what you get , there is no pretense there. She may not be the brightest bulb, but I like her quick whit , and this is why she's so good  on 'DISH",  it's the perfect platform for her . It's refreshing for me to see her not take herself so seriously , she can laugh at herself and keep it moving  

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

I guess you missed the next sentence of mine that you quoted which was referencing Phaedra's introductory lies and Kandi being the only one to accept her at face value and not question/snark on it. 

Except when the friendship went south, Kandi's true feelings came out and she never really accepted Phaedra as an actual friend.  As for the due date bullcrap, a real Southern Belle would never admit to conception out of wedlock and it is just their nature to fudge the date of in most cases that I witnessed if they don't marry in time the baby suddenly becomes their mother's child after they went on "vacation"  That "lie" is the norm for someone who must not allow herself to look in  any way like a tramp which is in my day was what you would be if you conceived out of wedlock, hence the fudging of the due date.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Except when the friendship went south, Kandi's true feelings came out and she never really accepted Phaedra as an actual friend.  As for the due date bullcrap, a real Southern Belle would never admit to conception out of wedlock and it is just their nature to fudge the date of in most cases that I witnessed if they don't marry in time the baby suddenly becomes their mother's child after they went on "vacation"  That "lie" is the norm for someone who must not allow herself to look in  any way like a tramp which is in my day was what you would be if you conceived out of wedlock, hence the fudging of the due date.

yeah, that might make sense in 1952 or if we were talking about a woman (fond of wearing thongs and mesh coverups on tv) who wasn't an on camera customer of a stripper who sucks his own dick. 

a lie is a lie no matter how many ways we try to soften it up. The fact that she did this to a group of women who had all had children and in front of a largely female audience just made her look like a lying idiot with a convict husband, not a genteel southern belle. But he was clean though, lol.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, byrd said:

Yes ! I like Porsha because what you see is what you get , there is no pretense there. She may not be the brightest bulb, but I like her quick whit , and this is why she's so good  on 'DISH",  it's the perfect platform for her . It's refreshing for me to see her not take herself so seriously , she can laugh at herself and keep it moving  

I like Porsha as well. IMO, if the others, like Kenya, weren't set on humiliating her at every turn, she would relax and have more fun but she knows she has to be on alert with the HW group.

32 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

yeah, that might make sense in 1952 or if we were talking about a woman (fond of wearing thongs and mesh coverups on tv) who wasn't an on camera customer of a stripper who sucks his own dick. 

a lie is a lie no matter how many ways we try to soften it up. The fact that she did this to a group of women who had all had children and in front of a largely female audience just made her look like a lying idiot with a convict husband, not a genteel southern belle. But he was clean though, lol.

Without a doubt, Phaedra's story about her due date was ridiculous but I think most viewers understood why she did it (Minister parents) and got a chuckle out of it. Yes, it was a lie but it wasn't some earth shattering lie that had a negative impact on anyone else and it is a lie that is still used today. Her wardrobe goes both ways, at work/home/out on the town, she dresses conservatively but on vacation at the beach, she wears racy swimsuits/cover ups and she is not alone in doing that (see Ramona NY).

As for Ridiculous, Phaedra is his attorney and she hired him for Kandi's party, don't forget that Kandi can be and often is a "freak" herself (sex toy line/internet sex chat show). Most of her clients are in the adult entertainment industry.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

As for Ridiculous, Phaedra is his attorney and she hired him for Kandi's party, don't forget that Kandi can be and often is a "freak" herself (sex toy line/internet sex chat show). Most of her clients are in the adult entertainment industry.

What does Kandi's "freak" propensity have to do with it?

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

One of whom had been a labor & delivery nurse.  Lmaoooooo!!   Gul, bye. 

None of Phaedra's whole shady personality would merit their attention if she didn't legitimately try hard to be so superior.  But if you're gonna carry out the full southern belle thing, come up with a story that doesn't include why a 7 month old fetus would need to be induced, then make sure you don't say that in front of a nurse or your obstetrician who doesn't know he's supposed to be covering for you.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I like Porsha as well. IMO, if the others, like Kenya, weren't set on humiliating her at every turn, she would relax and have more fun but she knows she has to be on alert with the HW group.

Without a doubt, Phaedra's story about her due date was ridiculous but I think most viewers understood why she did it (Minister parents) and got a chuckle out of it. Yes, it was a lie but it wasn't some earth shattering lie that had a negative impact on anyone else and it is a lie that is still used today. Her wardrobe goes both ways, at work/home/out on the town, she dresses conservatively but on vacation at the beach, she wears racy swimsuits/cover ups and she is not alone in doing that (see Ramona NY).

Yes , you are right ,  it was all about not disappointing her parents. It's funny how we want to uphold a certain image in our parents eyes not matter how old we are.  Phaedra knows how much her family loves her, they maybe could have cared less about her being pregnant before marriage. Phaedra is an adult and should have acted like one., the lie was unnecessary.  

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

Phaedra hired Ridiculous for Kandi, he was/is they guy you mentioned, that is why Kandi's freak level plays into it.

47 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

None of Phaedra's whole shady personality would merit their attention if she didn't legitimately try hard to be so superior.  But if you're gonna carry out the full southern belle thing, come up with a story that doesn't include why a 7 month old fetus would need to be induced, then make sure you don't say that in front of a nurse or your obstetrician who doesn't know he's supposed to be covering for you.  

Are you talking about KimZ/B? The "labor/delivery nurse" that didn't know what a circumcision was when she had her first son? LOL

I agree, Phaedra didn't need to lie about her real due date. LOL

• Love 1

Phaedra hired Ridiculous for Kandi, he was/is they guy you mentioned, that is why Kandi's freak level plays into it.

Are you talking about KimZ/B? The "labor/delivery nurse" that didn't know what a circumcision was when she had her first son? LOL

I agree, Phaedra didn't need to lie about her real due date. LOL

Yes ma'am, one and the same.

As to not knowing what a circumcision was I don't remember her saying so, that would be weird for a nurse, but her verbatim quote in this article appears to counter it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-4/blogs/kim-zolciak/snip-snip-snip

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

About as much as Phaedra's.  In other words, No pearls can be clutched by either.  Redickulous was a client both Kandi and Phaedra agreed to have at that party which was to promote Kandi's sex toy launch

• Love 5
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Yes , you are right ,  it was all about not disappointing her parents. It's funny how we want to uphold a certain image in our parents eyes not matter how old we are.  Phaedra knows how much her family loves her, they maybe could have cared less about her being pregnant before marriage. Phaedra is an adult and should have acted like one., the lie was unnecessary.  

to us the lie was unnecessary.  in my travels even now an out of wedlock pregnancy is severely frowned upon especially if you have minister parents.  They may forgive but their congregation probably will not.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

You have to understand what it is to be a Southern Belle.  It is ALL about appearances.  Most SBs are not that innocent but that is not the way a lady conducts herself to the public.  You keep your kinkyness under wraps and support your hubby and act like that Stepford wife for the public.  You perform all the genteel rituals and never never let anyone peek into your real private life.

47 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yes ma'am, one and the same.

As to not knowing what a circumcision was I don't remember her saying so, that would be weird for a nurse, but her verbatim quote in this article appears to counter it.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-4/blogs/kim-zolciak/snip-snip-snip

On the show itself, when the Dr. talked to them about circumcising their son Kim actually asked "what" that was! She claimed she had never heard/knew about it, I almost passed out laughing. What nurse, no matter where they end up working, doesn't know what it is, that is, what nurse other than Kim. Oh, both Kroy and the Dr. had to explain it to her.

I wonder if she really was a nurse or was she just a nurses aide? She is pretty clueless, medically speaking, on her show.

40 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

On the show itself, when the Dr. talked to them about circumcising their son Kim actually asked "what" that was! She claimed she had never heard/knew about it, I almost passed out laughing. What nurse, no matter where they end up working, doesn't know what it is, that is, what nurse other than Kim. Oh, both Kroy and the Dr. had to explain it to her.

I wonder if she really was a nurse or was she just a nurses aide? She is pretty clueless, medically speaking, on her show.

She was not an RN...I remember hearing her credentials once. Some kind of lower level nurse or nurse's aid.

4 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

She was not an RN...I remember hearing her credentials once. Some kind of lower level nurse or nurse's aid.

I always thought she was exaggerating her "nursing" career. I would guess she was a nurses aide at most because LPN's know far more than she ever did, including what a circumcision is.

• Love 3

I'm surprised so many are warming up to Bob Whitfield. The deadbeat who refused to pay child support for his kids and saw his exwife, whom he cheated on repeatedly, out in the street during their divorce? You (gy) think she should get back together with him??

Phaedra has not filed for divorce yet bc Apollo would get half of everything she has earned since they married AND bc as long as they are married, neither will have to testify against the other if additional charges are brought. She's probably waiting for him to die or agree to her terms before she files anything.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

I'm surprised so many are warming up to Bob Whitfield. The deadbeat who refused to pay child support for his kids and saw his exwife, whom he cheated on repeatedly, out in the street during their divorce? You (gy) think she should get back together with him??

Phaedra has not filed for divorce yet bc Apollo would get half of everything she has earned since they married AND bc as long as they are married, neither will have to testify against the other if additional charges are brought. She's probably waiting for him to die or agree to her terms before she files anything.

Phaedra filed for divorce. She just did so fraudulently. It doesn't matter now because Apollo filed.

We don't know if Phaedra and Apollo had a prenup, but it's too late to do anything about it now. Apollo went to prison in America not Siberia. Even for all of the dangers of prison, it's still pretty safe. If she's thinking he'll die in there, she's an idiot. No one is waiting for the other one to die.

Of Apollo had anything to spill on Phaedra, he would have. It's clear from his interviews and new fiancé, that he hates Phaedra. He'd take every opportunity to ruin her if he could. He hasn't. He's got nothing on her.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Phaedra filed for divorce. She just did so fraudulently. It doesn't matter now because Apollo filed.

We don't know if Phaedra and Apollo had a prenup, but it's too late to do anything about it now. Apollo went to prison in America not Siberia. Even for all of the dangers of prison, it's still pretty safe. If she's thinking he'll die in there, she's an idiot. No one is waiting for the other one to die.

Of Apollo had anything to spill on Phaedra, he would have. It's clear from his interviews and new fiancé, that he hates Phaedra. He'd take every opportunity to ruin her if he could. He hasn't. He's got nothing on her.

You say this with such authority. buwhahahaha

• Love 1

Oh, Sheree, don't ever change. "My son doesn't have any experience at all, but he should walk at NYFW!" (Paraphrased) I work with new (and not-so-new) writers who seem to think the same way: "I've written this book. It's my first. It should be on the NYTimes Bestsellers list right the heck NOW."  I've given these pie-in-the-sky writers much the same look Cynthia gave Sheree.

Mama Joyce is ugly from the soul out. Ugly.

Kenya and Matt should cut their losses and move on. She'd drive a man without anger issues to drink. He's got anger issues. Together, they're just too volatile.

Kandi: She just told her feelings the way she felt them. But she doesn't seem to give Phaedra the courtesy of the same.

Phaedra: She just told her feelings the way she felt them But she doesn't seem to give Kandi the courtesy of the same.

I see a pattern between those two women: My feelings and my truth are real and matter. Yours aren't and don't.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

to us the lie was unnecessary.  in my travels even now an out of wedlock pregnancy is severely frowned upon especially if you have minister parents.  They may forgive but their congregation probably will not.

I am a preacher's kid, I completely understand, but the lie is worse than the reality .  Then everyone wants to gossip about how she tried to hide it, when she knew she was pregnant, you damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  The lie just make you  look foolish even if you feel it was necessary .  It also puts your parents in a position to have to try and defend the lie.  Been there and done this, I know the drill. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Oh, Sheree, don't ever change. "My son doesn't have any experience at all, but he should walk at NYFW!" (Paraphrased) I work with new (and not-so-new) writers who seem to think the same way: "I've written this book. It's my first. It should be on the NYTimes Bestsellers list right the heck NOW."  I've given these pie-in-the-sky writers much the same look Cynthia gave Sheree.

Mama Joyce is ugly from the soul out. Ugly.

Kenya and Matt should cut their losses and move on. She'd drive a man without anger issues to drink. He's got anger issues. Together, they're just too volatile.

Kandi: She just told her feelings the way she felt them. But she doesn't seem to give Phaedra the courtesy of the same.

Phaedra: She just told her feelings the way she felt them But she doesn't seem to give Kandi the courtesy of the same.

I see a pattern between those two women: My feelings and my truth are real and matter. Yours aren't and don't.

Sheree  should never ask for advice from an expert on modeling if she's not willing to take it. I get that she did not want him to be discouraged , but listen to Cynthia so that you will be educated before you make a complete fool of yourself and your son ends up getting his feelings hurt by some high end fashion mogul who could care less about him. Educate yourself because he's not ready to walk in New York fashion week. He has to work really hard  first like everyone else .  If he is serious that door may eventually open for him. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, byrd said:

Sheree  should never ask for advice from an expert on modeling if she's not willing to take it. I get that she did not want him to be discouraged , but listen to Cynthia so that you will be educated before you make a complete fool of yourself and your son ends up getting his feelings hurt by some high end fashion mogul who could care less about him. Educate yourself because he's not ready to walk in New York fashion week. He has to work really hard  first like everyone else .  If he is serious that door may eventually open for him. 

Sheree is lacking so much knowledge that I'm fearful that she might have Kairo turning down paid work because it's not fashion week or a big enough designer. Male models get paid a fraction of what female get paid and there are a ton of female models at fashion week who are walking for nothing or clothes. Kairo is good looking, but too tall. He should focus on print, catalog, and commercial work.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Sheree is lacking so much knowledge that I'm fearful that she might have Kairo turning down paid work because it's not fashion week or a big enough designer. Male models get paid a fraction of what female get paid and there are a ton of female models at fashion week who are walking for nothing or clothes. Kairo is good looking, but too tall. He should focus on print, catalog, and commercial work.

Right, I did not know that you could be too tall to be a male model in some areas. .  I always thought being tall was a plus. That's what I mean , it's important to educate yourself.  I am sure that he could model for Big & Tall , my husband is very tall, I shop at Nordstrom for him, they have a wonderful designer line for tall men. Interested to see how this will play out with Sheree , but wishing her son all the best..

• Love 3

@byrd it was actually one of the complaints in cycle 21 of America's Next Top Model. They went on go-sees and all of the designers told the the too tall guys that they couldn't use them because they're too tall.

If Kairo really wanted to work, he'd do underwear modeling. We're in the middle of a designer underwear boom. Tons of brands. I'm sure any of them would love the free advertising of having the shoot on camera.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

@byrd it was actually one of the complaints in cycle 21 of America's Next Top Model. They went on go-sees and all of the designers told the the too tall guys that they couldn't use them because they're too tall.

If Kairo really wanted to work, he'd do underwear modeling. We're in the middle of a designer underwear boom. Tons of brands. I'm sure any of them would love the free advertising of having the shoot on camera.

The problem with Sheree is that she thinks that she knows more than everybody. She wants something for nothing. I don't think that we've ever seen her defer to someone...which is why she had a fashion show with no fashions, got dragged by NeNe, and lost her peach living in that 'potment with the air mattresses feeding her kids Kraft singles. We won't even mention the dismal failure of that 7 figure settlement she was so sure she was getting. Bob is living in a decent subdivision, but nothing extravagant. He had a career that earned him millions so either he burned through it all (which as a wife, she should have known), or he is wise enough to keep those coints counted to live thru retirement. But she steady for half a decade is working on this extravagant house on the bus line that will have zero resale value and has not capitalized on the one thing that everyone can see she excels at, fitness. She doesn't want to work, just shine. Hell, even NeNe had to put in work to learn lines for tv and Broadway and Kim put in work to push out them babies and keep her show renewed.

Kairo better listen to his cockeyed daddy when it comes to jobs and money. We aint heard no stories about Bob's bad finances. 

That being said, he is still sorry AF when it comes to not paying CS for his kids and obstinately declaring that he would never do so.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

The problem with Sheree is that she thinks that she knows more than everybody. I don't think that we've ever seen her defer to someone...which is why she had a fashion show with no fashions, get dragged by NeNe, and lose her peach. We won't even mention the dismal failure of that 7 figure settlement she was so sure she was getting. Bob is living in a decent subdivision, but nothing extravagant. He had a career that earned him millions so either he burned through it all (which as a wife, she should have known), or he is wise enough to keep those coints counted to live thru retirement. But she steady for half a decade is working on this extravagant house on the bus line that will have zero resale value and has not capitalized on the one thing that everyone can see she excels at, fitness. 

Kairo better listen to his cockeyed daddy when it comes to jobs and money. We aint heard no stories about Bob's bad finances. 

That being said, he is still sorry AF when it comes to not paying CS for his kids and obstinately declaring that he would never do so.

What you said about Sheree not listening is very true. I'm sure someone told her not to build this big house on the bus line. Sheree does think she knows better than everyone else, which is remarkable because she's has managed to be unsuccessful at everything she's attempted professionally. She ran her boutique, Bella Azul, into the ground. She had her pathetic attempt at a fashion line. She tried to be an actress. Then she decided to build a ginormous house as her household was getting smaller. And I'm sure that in each of these instances, one or more people in her life told her not to do the things she was about to do. 

Kairo needs to listen to Bob. Bob had an 11 year football career, ran a successful recording studio, and has a degree from Stanford in economics (ironic).

• Love 6
14 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

The problem with Sheree is that she thinks that she knows more than everybody. She wants something for nothing. I don't think that we've ever seen her defer to someone...which is why she had a fashion show with no fashions, got dragged by NeNe, and lost her peach living in that 'potment with the air mattresses feeding her kids Kraft singles. We won't even mention the dismal failure of that 7 figure settlement she was so sure she was getting. Bob is living in a decent subdivision, but nothing extravagant. He had a career that earned him millions so either he burned through it all (which as a wife, she should have known), or he is wise enough to keep those coints counted to live thru retirement. But she steady for half a decade is working on this extravagant house on the bus line that will have zero resale value and has not capitalized on the one thing that everyone can see she excels at, fitness. She doesn't want to work, just shine. Hell, even NeNe had to put in work to learn lines for tv and Broadway and Kim put in work to push out them babies and keep her show renewed.

Cockeyed ?  Lol  ! you wrong for that . Sheree is so full of herself , this is why she has a hard time , won't listen to anyone.  

17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Great idea ! I never thought of that . He certainly has the body for it.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I always thought she was exaggerating her "nursing" career. I would guess she was a nurses aide at most because LPN's know far more than she ever did, including what a circumcision is.

This was a woman who implied she had cancer just to cover up her pathetic Party City wig game.  I would not believe anything she says.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 6:04 AM, Aging Goth said:

Kandi was done with Phaedra a long time ago , before Apollo ever went to prison. The moment Phaedra and Nene began mending their very turbulent relationship,  Kandi had an issue with it. She did not like them forming a friendship from the beginning. Kandi doesn't seem to be able to move beyond drama, she clings to it because it hard for her to trust again once she's been hurt. I get this, Kandi and Nene have never been friends they have had their share of drama with each other.  I would not say that she was jealous of the friendship with Phaedra and Nene. I'll just say she did not trust it. Once Kandi and Todd married , sadly Phaerda's marriage began falling apart and Nene was there to catch her.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Kandi was done with Phaedra a long time ago , before Apollo ever went to prison. The moment Phaedra and Nene began mending their very turbulent relationship,  Kandi had an issue with it. She did not like them forming a friendship from the beginning. Kandi doesn't seem to be able to move beyond drama, she clings to it because it hard for her to trust again once she's been hurt. I get this, Kandi and Nene have never been friends they have had their share of drama with each other.  I would not say that she was jealous of the friendship with Phaedra and Nene. I'll just say she did not trust it. Once Kandi and Todd married , sadly Phaerda's marriage began was falling apart and Nene was there to catch her.

I thought the turning point of the friendship was the Reunion where Porsha went off the rails at Kenya.  Nene and Phaedra looked very guilty and complicit in that matter, to the point Nene was literally on top of Porsha with her hand over her mouth.  Kandi was no innocent in reunion hijinks as she and Phaedra filed a frivolous lawsuit a couple of days before a Reunion against Kim.

I don't blame anyone for not liking or trusting Nene, my all time favorite moment when Claudia reads Nene, Kandi's comments are priceless:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/videos/the-full-read-off-claudia-vs-nene and of course Phaedra getting handed hers http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/blogs/claudia-jordan/claudia-nenes-behavior-needed-to-bey  by Demetria. 

Lost on all of these discussions is Phaedra and Apollo came on the show as a couple.  I really don't see how Phaedra can be angry with anyone for showing some compassion before he left.  Same goes for Peter and Kordell, they came on with a RH and in spite of divorce, the other husbands still seemed to enjoy their company.

• Love 2

She doesn't want to work, just shine.

She doesn't want to work, just money. Sheree is one of the laziest, most entitled housewives. She's up there with Kim. I seem to recall in the first season most of her scenes were all about over-the-top spending. If I recall correctly, she squandered whatever it was she got from Bob and tried to hold out for more.

• Love 6
On 12/23/2016 at 0:29 PM, byrd said:

Kandi was done with Phaedra a long time ago , before Apollo ever went to prison. The moment Phaedra and Nene began mending their very turbulent relationship,  Kandi had an issue with it. She did not like them forming a friendship from the beginning. Kandi doesn't seem to be able to move beyond drama, she clings to it because it hard for her to trust again once she's been hurt. I get this, Kandi and Nene have never been friends they have had their share of drama with each other.  I would not say that she was jealous of the friendship with Phaedra and Nene. I'll just say she did not trust it. Once Kandi and Todd married , sadly Phaerda's marriage began was falling apart and Nene was there to catch her.

But I don't even get why. It like each can't handle another alpha female who hustles in her orbit. 

Edited by Petunia13
I'm talking about Kandi & NeNe can't hurt to spell s out lol
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

But I don't even get why. It like each can't handle another alpha female who hustles in her orbit. 

Good chance it is because Kandi isn't the alpha in her family, even though she has supported their lazy asses for decades, so she must be the alpha amongst her female friends. Just a guess! LOL

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

That's pretty insightful @WireWrap. She's always been in that situation w her mom and fam. So when she see the opportunity to do the same w friends employees and her man she seizes it and finds it tantalizing 

She has no control what's so ever in her own blood family, none. Kandi is also much like her mother in that they believe that someone is either for/with them or against them, there is no middle ground with any of them.

• Love 2

Kenya is ridiculous keeping those big broken windows in garage wide open for over a week to enhance the drama and effect when her dad comes to visit. At least tape that shit up especially living in such a wooded area she must want her house infested w spiders, mice, and squirrels chewing up her damn garage. 

What exactly is wrong w Kenyas father he can barely speak? And Bob is a total mess drippibg all over, melting like the bad guy in Indiana Jones. He's huge btw. When he actually stands next to Sheree she's like 1/10 his size. 

When Kandi and her Klique were sitting around her offices talking shit about Phaedra tmz show style of course she had to whip out food ... she opened a take out container turned up her nose and said "ugh this is someone's salad." ? 

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:23 PM, WireWrap said:

She has no control what's so ever in her own blood family, none. Kandi is also much like her mother in that they believe that someone is either for/with them or against them, there is no middle ground with any of them.

I think this franchise with the strong personalities of Phaedra and Kandi is slowing devolving into a more realistic world of not really forgiving when one crosses the line.  Phaedra felt as if she had good reason to be mad at Kandi and Todd, expressed it and the new reality is, the receivers aren't necessarily going to forgive and forget.  Phaedra doesn't seem to mind burying the hatchet when it comes to Nene and now Kenya, but she is not able to get the same outcome from Kandi and her family. 

I do think Phaedra bent over backwards on several occasions to be nice to Mama Joyce, as she does respect family ties.  I also think Phaedra, on such a short term friendship, realizes Kandi is not going to go after her friends, employees and family because they have offended Phaedra.  I don't think Kandi has ever really had one standard for the show and one standard for everyday life.   The biggest difference between the two of them is they are in two different places in life, although they are on the same show.  When Phaedra came aboard she was the married one with a newborn, and Kandi was the single mom who had just lost a fiancé, now things are reversed and Kandi is married with children and Phaedra is single.  The biggest difference is Phaedra seems at times bitter and self-pitying, whereas Kandi always stayed pretty much the same person.  Phaedra chose Apollo long before she was on the show and the others accepted him. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, zoeysmom said:

I thought the turning point of the friendship was the Reunion where Porsha went off the rails at Kenya.  Nene and Phaedra looked very guilty and complicit in that matter, to the point Nene was literally on top of Porsha with her hand over her mouth.  Kandi was no innocent in reunion hijinks as she and Phaedra filed a frivolous lawsuit a couple of days before a Reunion against Kim.

I don't blame anyone for not liking or trusting Nene, my all time favorite moment when Claudia reads Nene, Kandi's comments are priceless:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/videos/the-full-read-off-claudia-vs-nene and of course Phaedra getting handed hers http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-7/blogs/claudia-jordan/claudia-nenes-behavior-needed-to-bey  by Demetria. 

Lost on all of these discussions is Phaedra and Apollo came on the show as a couple.  I really don't see how Phaedra can be angry with anyone for showing some compassion before he left.  Same goes for Peter and Kordell, they came on with a RH and in spite of divorce, the other husbands still seemed to enjoy their company.

Yes I remember that , but I thought that Nene was just trying to silence Porsha because she was spewing out all kinds of stupid rants from her mouth . Also she was concerned about Porsha losing her job with Bravo. I never felt that she was trying to cover anything up.  We all know by now when Porsha get angry she can be uncontrollable.  But as I always say , these ladies will do whatever to secure their positions on the show. so you can never be sure of what you're looking at .  

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:01 PM, Petunia13 said:

It's all about jockeying for their position to stay in the limelight. Whomever has the most interesting storyline, or creates the most drama, is the main topic of discussion on twitter, or how many followers they have , it's War, they can never truly be happy for each other, they see others as a threat to their survival on the show. This is the problem Kenya has with Sheree , she's threatened by her. Kenya now believes she's the star of RHOA.    

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, byrd said:

It's all about jockeying for their position to stay in the limelight. Whomever has the most interesting storyline, or creates the most drama, is the main topic of discussion on twitter, or how many followers they have , it's War, they can never truly be happy for each other, they see others as a threat to their survival on the show. This is the problem Kenya has with Sheree , she's threatened by her. Kenya now believes she's the star of RHOA.    

Does Kenya really do anything besides this show?  it seems her other ventures into reality TV have met with a pretty lukewarm response?

You have got a point about Twitter.  Kenya decided she needed to weigh in on RHOBH and decided to tweet with Erika.  Eventually, Kenya called one of the husband's a bitch, and Erika shut her down.  They don't call each others' husbands bitch on RHOBH.  Different world and Kenya trying to insert herself met with an epic fail. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Does Kenya really do anything besides this show?  it seems her other ventures into reality TV have met with a pretty lukewarm response?

You have got a point about Twitter.  Kenya decided she needed to weigh in on RHOBH and decided to tweet with Erika.  Eventually, Kenya called one of the husband's a bitch, and Erika shut her down.  They don't call each others' husbands bitch on RHOBH.  Different world and Kenya trying to insert herself met with an epic fail. 

Exactly, Kenya can never fully be accepted into any circle because no one can trust her.  RHOBH is as you quoted.. totally different world.. and she does not fit.  One, she does not have the wealth these women have, you're talking serious money here.  Two, she has nothing in common with any of them.  They live a lifestyle she wants but does not have. Kenya needs to stay in her lane.  This is not to say that the wealth is not obtainable for her, because it maybe one day , but not TODAY.

• Love 4

in my travels even now an out of wedlock pregnancy is severely frowned upon especially if you have minister parents.  They may forgive but their congregation probably will not.

The congregation forgave Phaedra's parents for GETTING DIVORCED.  That's a LOT worse in congregations where sides have to be taken than a baby born "prematurely."

• Love 1
On December 19, 2016 at 3:27 PM, LilaFowler said:

The congregation forgave Phaedra's parents for GETTING DIVORCED.  That's a LOT worse in congregations where sides have to be taken than a baby born "prematurely."

However, in most black churches a baby born out of wedlock to a MINISTER'S daughter is far more taboo than divorce.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 4
On 12/22/2016 at 1:07 PM, Aging Goth said:

You have to understand what it is to be a Southern Belle.  It is ALL about appearances.  Most SBs are not that innocent but that is not the way a lady conducts herself to the public.  You keep your kinkyness under wraps and support your hubby and act like that Stepford wife for the public.  You perform all the genteel rituals and never never let anyone peek into your real private life.

I do.  I was thinking of all the women I call friends.  Shockingly most (I'd say 80%) are from points south of Maryland.  If Phaedra understood what it was to be a Southern Belle, she wouldn't keep it up.   Traditionally, it described the genteel, proper, well-mannered and innocent daughter of a white land/plantation (and therefore slave) owner.   Fun fact - on a related note, the term belle of the ball refers to this same woman being the star of her presentation cotillion.   Southern women, but especially southern black women, familiar with its meaning, understand the term not to be a compliment.  

On 12/22/2016 at 2:00 PM, balisticnikki said:

On 12/22/2016 at 2:09 PM, WireWrap said:

Sorry I'm late, bottom of my receipt stated I had 90 days.

kimzolciaklicense1.jpg

On 12/22/2016 at 2:26 PM, HunterHunted said:

Speak.  Everything we've seen of Apollo demonstrates that the man isn't capable of forethought let alone careful consideration.   8 years is a stretch, if there were something he had to offer that would/could help him shorten that sentence, she would've already been measured for her jumpsuit. 

14 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

It can all be one big ole cauldron of hypocrisy but, under certain circumstances, divorce is not frowned upon if what caused the covenant(s) to be broken was a (larger) sin.   A premature baby (I see your airquote shade lol) is non negotiable as fornication outside of marriage is always a sin.  

• Love 6