Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: "Kody Takes Responsibility"

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

Kody Takes ResponsibilityNEWTLC57, TLCHD557

Kody preaches forgiveness to Mariah in the aftermath of her mother's catfishing catastrophe; Madison and Mykelti anticipate their upcoming nuptials; Janelle and Meri's therapist outlines a bold plan for saving their relationship.

He kinda needs to own up to part of it. I still remember the episode at Red Rock Canyon where Kody made it clear he was done trying for kids with Meri and just watching her seem so..........dejected and hurt. If that one were a "Friends" episode, it could have been called "The One that pushed Meri out the door."

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

He kinda needs to own up to part of it. I still remember the episode at Red Rock Canyon where Kody made it clear he was done trying for kids with Meri and just watching her seem so..........dejected and hurt. If that one were a "Friends" episode, it could have been called "The One that pushed Meri out the door."

I remember that episode so well.  I think she was planning to surprise him with the good news that she was, in fact, willing to go through all the fertility treatments to give him another child.  He was so smitten with Robyn and her potential "easy-to-operate" uterus that he said to Meri, "Why don't we go with an answer of 'no' at this point."  She looked like an old balloon as she deflated and her affect became totally flat.  She didn't want him to know that he had broken her heart.

It's one of the few times I've ever felt sorry for any of them.

• Love 21

What's wrong with these people? They are all overgrown 10 year olds. Seriously, Christine? You were so offended by the naughty gift that you returned it? Bridal showers are for kitchen stuff? The sweet and innocent act is getting annoying. I think Christine irritates me more than the others by far. 

And Janelle saying she wants the invites to say, "Keep your gifts classy" and she doesn't want to know about her daughter's lingerie. Then don't go to the shower, bitch! Don't plan it and don't be involved if it has to be "chaste" as Christine says. Good god! Does she not know what happens when people get married?? Grow the hell up! She's probably a damn virgin and inseminated herself with a turkey baster. Christine too. Dumbasses.

• Love 19

I've yet to see what Kody is actively taking responsibility for and it's 40 minutes I to this shit show. 

Also, nothing is more annoying than people thinking that others need to deal ("dill") with their feelings on the timetable of the transgressor. Meri wants to have an intervention and tell her to suck it up, buttercup. Meri has no regard for how Mariah actually feels about being embarrassed on a national scale, about her mother going against the morals she was taught for Mariah's whole life. Meri cares about Meri... and her wet bar.

• Love 17

One hour in.  I have to say, I'm not hating Kody.  He seems to understand his part in Meri's loneliness.  He has had a few dumb statements (like how swell it is to be chaste before marriage, but still build intimacy beforehand and what a great gift that is to give your spouse when you finally marry.  I wonder how he can give the same gift to each wife...but I digress).  I hope he doesn't say something in the next hour that makes me regret this post.  But Kody's wrong.  I believe Meri WOULD have left if the "man" had been real.   Mariah still pissing me off.  

27 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

John Denver wasn't country he was bohemian? Once again Kody is talking out of his @ss

Yeah, I have NO idea what he means by this.

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 16

Mariah is lucky that she seems to have gotten more one on one time with Kody than the other kids (yes he is our Kodouche but he is her father). Although I usually think Mariah is an entitled little snot she does seem to clearly see what went on between Meri and the Catfish.

• Love 13

No, dumbass.  You did "sign up for this."  Keep cashing those paychecks.  

And maybe you should stop discussing one of your wives' fidelity with her own young adult daughter.  Because this is gross to watch.  Yes, Mariah has involved herself in this whole catfish bullshit to an inappropriate extent ("It's all about meeee"), but her parents continuing to actively involve her sure isn't helping.  You don't need Nancy for this crap.  You need a damn brain and some common sense. 

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 14

“Last summer was miserable for me.” It’s all about Mariah, of course.  I can’t believe how she is throwing her mother under the bus on national television. Kody turned beet red when she told him that had the catfish been real, Meri would have left him. The reason Kody can’t pull out “the stinky finger of blame” is because it would point directly back at him. I agree with him. He is culpable and was the catalyst for Meri’s behavior, because had he not thrown her over for Robyn, chances are, this wouldn’t have happened. And yeah, Kody you signed up for this the day you agreed to have TLC’s cameras in your homes. 

• Love 23

I think it was interesting that Kody worried about Mariah...not about poisoning her against her mother, but her convincing HIM to her side. It makes me think Kody, in his heart, doesn't believe Meri was a vixtim. But he can't admit his doubts. 

But I was impressed with how his conversation with Mariah went. 

And her beef was reasonable. I ask Mom for time and space, and she won't give it to me. She wants me to forgive her on HER timeline, not mine...

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Could Mariah be gay? Somebody on another board said Mariah has a tumblr full of gay rights memes and pictures of hot chicks kissing. 

Not sure how Mariah identifies in terms of gender or sexual preference... but she definitely isn't what he father wants her to be.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

No, dumbass.  You did "sign up for this."  Keep cashing those paychecks.  

And maybe you should stop discussing one of your wives' fidelity with her own young adult daughter.  Because this is gross to watch.  Yes, Mariah has involved herself in this whole catfish bullshit to an inappropriate extent ("It's all about meeee"), but her parents continuing to actively involve her sure isn't helping.  You don't need Nancy for this crap.  You need a damn brain and some common sense. 

I think Mariah was as involved as she was, because Meri used her as a confidant. Meri doesn't have friends, and she has a college age daughter she started treating like a BFF. Inappropriate. Also, the Disneyland trip with Mariah was supposed to be a cover for meeting up with mystery boyfriend. 

Mariah was the only one with her mom consistently while the mystery relationship developed.

If Mariah star Kody down and told him everything she knows about her mother's behavior, he'd have to make a tough decision.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, answerphone said:

I keep wondering how much they'd have to pay me to publicly air my family's drama, disputes, blow ups, quirks, and so on.

My family is way too "WASPish". We don't discuss our problems with each other let alone the public. ;)

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

My family is way too "WASPish". We don't discuss our problems with each other let alone the public. ;)

Thank you.  I even see things on some of my family member's "private" Facebook pages that make me clutch my pearls, but to air my scandalous catfishing escapades and marital problems to the entire world?  No freaking way.  That's why I call bullshit on Kody's "I didn't sign up for this."  Uh, not quite, there, sport. 

• Love 15

I hate to say it but once the sexual attraction wears off for Mykelti (and I know what I'm talking about because I was raised in an uber religious family and at that age the forbidden fruit is pretty sweet) she is going to regret her marriage. I hope it's before she is morbidly obese, and on welfare with her own passel of kids.

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Am I the only one that noticed Tony NOT look out for or assist Mykelti in ANY way during the hike??  Chivalry is dead 

Judging by that snug t-shirt Tony was wearing, I suspect that he had his hands more than full with getting his own body through that trail (no judgment here; I'm also the proud owner of extra poundage).  Agreed, though.  Tony is going to get bored with her very quickly.  Stevie Wonder can see that this is a terrible mistake.  

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 18
15 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I even see things on some of my family member's "private" Facebook pages that make me clutch my pearls

Not to go too far off topic but I see things my nieces put on Facebook and I laugh to myself knowing that my mother is also reading it since she is on their Facebooks too. Thankfully my mother is naive and her grandchildren are her angels so she wouldn't think they would act that way.

• Love 1
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Not to go too far off topic but I see things my nieces put on Facebook and I laugh to myself knowing that my mother is also reading it since she is on their Facebooks too. Thankfully my mother is naive and her grandchildren are her angels so she wouldn't think they would act that way.

We have very similar families.  ;-)

• Love 1

Man, this is going to be a LONG season. This episode alone is dragging.

You have numerous clips (at one point - or maybe two reminiscing was involved).

You have Christine (once again!)  trying to convince us about the perks of polygamy. As a child of the "unfortunate (according to Christine)" monogamous marriage, I had aunts to turn to, cousins, and other women that have been like mothers to me that I could turn to. My father did not have marry multiple women for me to have that.

Kody being arrogant - "I should write a book" after talking to Tony. Ugh.

Nothing new here.

Tony and Mykelti's engagement segment is dragging! If they cut out a good chunk of that, we probably could have had an hour long show. And why weren't they holding hands during part of that hike? I understand that there were moments they couldn't, but there were times they could. That's just me, though.

A lot of contradictions here with the sister wives. Last week Mykelti was flaky, immature and a follower. Now Mykelti's is...Mykelti. One of a kind. "They only made one of her." At one point, Christine says that Mykelti was quiet and withdrawn with Tony. Now she says that she's herself around him. Did I hear something wrong?

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 7

LMAO.with the chaste conversation.  Kody telling ft to keep chaste for your spouse because intimacy is a wedding gift you give?  Seriously?  That's rich.  A man that had four wedding nights telling someone else about wedding night intimacy and I guess virginity is a gift you to your spouse.

For all the new bride knew, he banged another wife the same day.  Tacky and gross?  Yes.  But polygamy  just lends itself to tacky and gross thoughts.

Your children's sex lives are none of business, kody.  At all.  This isn't duggar level stupidity, but it's pretty close.

• Love 21

Janelle’s tagline is, “I think what we have is awesome, I wouldn’t want anything else.” And yet, there was so much hostility between her and Meri that they wouldn’t even acknowledge each other when they met at the garbage bins. That situation seems more sad than awesome.

Mykelti, sweetie, I believe you can do so much better!

• Love 21
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Janelle could barely settle into that couch with Meri, that was awkward to watch

They honestly can't stand each other and are only doing "therapy" to continue with the series.  Not only is it awkward --- it is disingenuous.  Does anyone buy that they want to honestly repair a relationship broken for two decades?  No!  Nothing will take away Meri's heartache of not being able to give her narcissist husband a male child.  No amount of psychotherapy will take away the pain of Jenelle and her children struggling financially while the same amount of funds when to Meri and her one child.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 20

Mariah says she wants some space, but is she willing to accept what that would mean?  She seemingly wants space from Meri, but not from the tuition dollars and other perks that Meri provides.  She reminds me of a childhood friend who thought her absentee father walked on water.  If she had to rely on Kody alone, she certainly would not be living the life she is now.  I get why she's mad at Mary, but you can't spit in someone's face and then hold out your hand for cash.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, lma said:

Janelle and Meri hating each other for 20+ years. How could they even sign up for this show to start with? How could they make their show opening statements with a straight face? They are pitiful.

When they signed for the series, they were isolated, powerless women.  Kody had all the control.  He wanted to do the series, so they did it.  They were broke and scared.  They didn't have 100k Twitter followers telling them how great they are each time they posted a shower thought.  They didn't live in $500,000 houses. They didn't go on vacations.  Kody was King and they believed that they had to do as he said in hopes to get invited to his planet in the afterlife.  Imagine not keeping sweet and having this dread that you'll be separated from all your children and loved ones in the afterlife?

• Love 10