Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Sing Me A Song

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, JackONeill said:

Okay, I will say this: JDM is playing this well.

I've said that from the beginning. I may not like Negan. I may not be 100 percent down with how the show is writing Negan.

I am, however, always down for JDM. And I always enjoy watching someone who is clearly having fun chewing all the scenery in sight.

• Love 15

Same.  I think the direction of this season has been really haphazard and weird and I don't always like how Negan is written, but I do like how JDM is playing him.  It's clear he's enjoying himself with it too.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Decoda said:

Remember when show killed off a main central character, who is still alive and badass in the comics, because everyone hated the character as written and portrayed on show? Can't same be done with Negan? He is boring and tedious.

I wouldn't mind that one bit. While I do believe that JDM is doing the best he can, the writing for Negan just sucks so much. So so much. Every time he starts speaking now I just start mentally screaming at him to shut up.

• Love 8
Just now, eejm said:

Same.  I think the direction of this season has been really haphazard and weird and I don't always like how Negan is written, but I do like how JDM is playing him.  It's clear he's enjoying himself with it too.

He reminds me of David Morrissey in that area. DM always looked like he was having a ball playing the Governor.

• Love 6
Just now, Maverick said:

At this point, I really think Kirkman needs some sort of psych evaluation.  He's just way too into writing this shit. 

I'm getting a Kurt Sutter vibe. And other than The Shield and the first 2 seasons of SoA that's never a good thing. 

1 minute ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Personally, I would love to know Negan's backstory. Was he a pathetic loser and used the ZA as a way to reinvent himself, or was he always a sadistic person? Was he a cop, or a lawyer? A criminal? A serial killer? What was he? 

I am assuming he worked for the IRS or some bureaucracy because he's taken to torture and "tax" collecting like a fish to water.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

It's not funny. It's not scary. Coral's been through enough shit not to be afraid of taking his rag off. Negan is tedious. AND WHY WON'T HE UNZIP HIS JACKET???

His biggest weakness is people laughing at his muffin top. It's like Trump with the tiny hands thing.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, riverheightsnancy said:

Personally, I would love to know Negan's backstory. Was he a pathetic loser and used the ZA as a way to reinvent himself, or was he always a sadistic person? Was he a cop, or a lawyer? A criminal? A serial killer? What was he? 

It's all about sociopathy. There is more of it out there than you would think. Some pretty law abiding types can even make it work for themselves.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

I was just thinking the same thing. That has the potential of being more interesting than this. 

• Love 5

There was some talk in his character thread that Negan was a high school gym teacher.  Bully/asshole, total creeper, used to torturing large groups of people, has a rapport with adolescent boys...

• Love 9