Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Swear – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

halgia
  • Start Topic

A familiar face stumbles upon a brand new society. Their rules, location and setup are unlike anything that has been seen before.

This thread is for speculation before the episode and live chat during it. After the episode airs, the episode thread is here.

Yo..when I read this episodes description I actually got upset. Is this new society the Kingdom? I mean, would they describe it to us this way if it was since we already know about them, or is it being described as new because this character has never seen it before? Please, make it stop. I might have to take my ass to the spoiler thread.

Edited by jvr
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, jvr said:

Yo..when I read this episodes description I actually got upset. Is this new society the Kingdom? I mean, would they describe it to us this way if it was since we already know about them, or is it being described as new because this character has never seen it before?

Negan's group was described as a brand new society two episodes ago, so hopefully they mean new as in the remaining Alexandria people have never seen it before.

• Love 1

@ByTor You give me hope..but I'm not convinced yet. With Negan's group we had never actually seen their community, just some of the Saviors running around causing mayhem. In the ep we saw Daryl at the camp, it was the first time we saw how things were done there. This description wouldn't make sense for the Kingdom using that logic though because we have seen their people AND seen their community. BUT the episodes were shown out of order I think, maybe they didn't update the descriptions? So maybe this ep would have been before the Carol and Ezekiel episode, and we would have been seeing the Kingdom for the first time this ep.

Anyway, a familiar face? hmmm, probably not one of the main characters since I don't think they would describe Rick that way, I don't think Michonne was traveling that far away from ASZ (she took one granola bar and one bottle of water). Daryl is still captive, Maggie & Sasha about to take over the Hilltop. And Morgan and Carol are already at the Kingdom, if this is really the Kingdom being shown :( And Carl is probably already dead! jk, they wouldn't describe him as stumbling upon the Saviors, he knows where he is going and we already saw the Saviors camp. This is going to be some more foolish slightly above extras Alexandrian's wandering away from home, soon there will be no one there except Judith.

I looked, couldn't resist a spoiler tag right in my face. :(

Hopefully it will be an interesting episode that spurs the action forward, immediately!

I don't know about how previews are treated in here...I don't necessary think they are spoilers but I don't tend to watch them. Not intentionally, I just miss them and then don't go out of my way to see it. Sneak peaks are pretty damn spoilery though.

Edited by jvr
On 11/25/2016 at 2:40 PM, ByTor said:

Negan's group was described as a brand new society two episodes ago, so hopefully they mean new as in the remaining Alexandria people have never seen it before.

Swear to God, if this is just the synopsis writing monkey trying to pull one over on us again, they're getting a stern reminder that we don't take kindly to that kind of misleading shit.......
v9sBFqa.gif

• Love 4

All hail the Peanut.

I was thinking . . . maybe that one couple that split off from CDB about a hundred years ago is living underground in some steam tunnels?  A system of caves?

Still no tigers, though.  sigh

After seeing who the familiar face is on last week's trailer, I'm ridiculously excited about tonight's episode. 

Spoiler

I'm not sure when Tara started growing on me, but she's a great secondary character, and the Governor-centric episodes resulted in something worthwhile.   I wonder if AM is worried about her job security.   They've killed off her love interest and the character she first made a connection with.  At least she still has Eugene.  ASZ can't lose her to Hilltop so she's separated from the other close relationship - Maggie.  Why do they split up the pairings that work best?

24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

After seeing who the familiar face is on last week's trailer, I'm ridiculously excited about tonight's episode. 

Hide contents

I'm not sure when Tara started growing on me, but she's a great secondary character, and the Governor-centric episodes resulted in something worthwhile.   I wonder if AM is worried about her job security.   They've killed off her love interest and the character she first made a connection with.  At least she still has Eugene.  ASZ can't lose her to Hilltop so she's separated from the other close relationship - Maggie.  Why do they split up the pairings that work best?

I haven't watched a single episode this season because I. CANNOT. STAND. NEGAN. But I will watch tonight's episode.

Spoiler

Tara has grown on me. I always thought she was cute, but I thought she was totally a redshirt who wouldn't make it past season 4. Now that she's lasted this long I really don't want her to die. I'm looking forward to seeing her have some focus in an episode.

And please, TWD, don't kill Tara, ok? Pretty please?

I hope they find something new for her to do now that Denise and Glen are dead, and Maggie is elsewhere.

• Love 2

I don't hate Tara as much as I used to but, for the life of me I don't understand why Gimple thinks she needs a bottle episode.  Has Michonne EVER had a bottle episode?  Bloody hell! 

I don't blame Corey Hawkins for taking the first thing smoking out of this show.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

so what are the chances we're going to be hearing a lot of 'shit's, 'dick's, 'damn's, 'ass's, and lots of other "acceptable" cuss words in this new episode?

Don't forget "prick." It seems the only word that makes the sponsors' butt clench tight is "fuck" for some unfathomable reason.

And maybe I'm hopelessly lost in ennui, but isn't this Episode 6, not 5? In any case, I'm on pins and needles waiting to watch Heath and Tara bicker!

• Love 1

I just want to know how they manage such gorgeous shiny ringlets in the ZA.  I can't manage it with a keratin treatment an a curling iron now and I have curly hair.  Yes that was my over riding thought so far.  Doesn't bode well. 

• Love 4
Just now, nodorothyparker said:

Apparently we're joining the cast of Waterworld already in progress.

You're spending the night with your snark buddies while your man watches for realz again, aren't you?

1 minute ago, Lillith said:

I just want to know how they manage such gorgeous shiny ringlets in the ZA.  I can't manage it with a keratin treatment an a curling iron now and I have curly hair.  Yes that was my over riding thought so far.  Doesn't bode well. 

Maggie's skin was positively luminous last week. I'm in bad shape if I'm wondering what product ZA survivors use.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lillith said:

Not to mention the salt air. If it makes my lank lifeless hair go frizzy, I can't imagine what it does to natural curls.

• Love 1