Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

I thought David said in the interview that Heather and the other woman had mutual friends. I'm guessing that the other woman told her friends and one of them told Heather. It doesn't seem like either David or the other woman were being all that covert about the affair. They were going out in public together in what Shannon describes as their "small community" to places David would also take Shannon. I'm surprised they were able to keep the affair a secret from their spouses for so long. 

Shannon and David's behavior is so unnatural and really off putting. I don't believe them when they say everything is wonderful. They may truly believe that but I don't think either of them knows what a good relationship looks or feels like. I feel sorry for their kids. 

ETA: For the record I do think there are times that couples can come back together after one of them has an affair and even become stronger than they were before. It's not the norm, but it does happen. I just don't believe Shannon and David's relationship in its current state is healthy and at this point I doubt they ever had a healthy relationship.

Although David and Shannon came from very different circumstances growing up, they have both come from broken homes. David is more of a self-made man having begun a construction company with his father in 1996. David basically earned his millions operating a construction business while Shannon was born into wealth. She lived in Newport Beach her entire life. Her maternal grandfather was the president of the boutique department store I Magnun. As Shannon said, David was not really accustomed to working with and near women most of his life. The 'small community' isn't really small, it's the 3rd most populous county in California and the 6th most populous in the country. The 'small' that Shannon refers to is the affluent people. The populous of the most affluent in Orange County are perhaps in the top 5th in the entire USA. So they hang out at the same clubs, restaurants, sports events, society functions, etc.

I can't really even imagine what attracted David and Shannon to each other in the first place. David is from Freeland, Michigan originally. He grew up on beef ribs and beer. His work suit every day was a pair of work jeans and Doc Martens work boots. Shannon is an over-the-top 'green' housewife and follower of natural medicine. She embraces an organic lifestyle by visiting a holistic doctor up to three times a week and by healthy eating. She has crystals hung all over the house for feng-shui and harmony of her decor. Her children aren't allowed to have cellphones because of the 'radiation' concerns. She even took her girls to a natural cosmetic store to introduce them to some cosmetics. (aren't all cosmetics safe for humans?)  All this would make me absolutely nuts being married to someone like Shannon. Heck If I want to chow down on a greasy hamburger twice a year, I don't want someone behind me telling me how much it's going to kill my arteries.

Maybe David saw a beautiful woman that didn't nag him or put him down. Maybe that was the real attraction.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6

Shannon grew up in Rancho Santa Fe and went to school in LaJolla.  So Shannon life before USC and OC was very privileged. The riding her horse to buy make-up was classic and very funny and charging it to the Storms account.

David was pretty clear he wanted a start over, I think most people are on their best behavior while in the throes of an affair.  David was sure into losing weight and getting pretty while in the affair so maybe some of Shannon's alternative food ideas worked.  If the affair is to be believed she saw David as nothing but a stalker.  Why would an affair nag or put him down? Easy to be sexy and breezy when you send him home at night. David has his own issues with being passive aggressive-the Beadors are at their best when they are laughing with their children.  Socially David always seems to aware of the cameras.

• Love 3

Why has Shannon had "a few" PET/CT scans? It's not like getting a mammogram. They don't just give everybody one at some point. Did Shannon go through some illness or does she have a touch of the munchhousen?

• Love 1

I dont blame women like Shannon for clinging onto their spouse for dear life in fear of ending up like the Vickster.  The truth is that David, no matter how terrible he may or may not be, could be married again next week if he wanted.  There are so many desperate women out there. my dad is one of the nastiest SOBs I know, and he always has had a girlfriend since his divorce.  my mother, a kind and caring woman, never dated again.  Everyone is different but Shannons plan, if it is what she is doing, to shame him out of  a new girlfriend is not going to work.

• Love 4

Why has Shannon had "a few" PET/CT scans? It's not like getting a mammogram. They don't just give everybody one at some point. Did Shannon go through some illness or does she have a touch of the munchhousen?

So far she claims to have had Epstein Barr and gut issues and lung issues and heart issues so I am thinking maybe a once over isn't out of the realm.  I don't think anyone wants to hear about Shannon's health issues.  Oh I forgot she also has angry eye syndrome.

• Love 5

if you are a total hypochondriac like shannon is, with money to go outside of insurance for concierge medicine, you can find some quack to do any test you want.

Edited by Htm222
  • Love 2

So far she claims to have had Epstein Barr and gut issues and lung issues and heart issues so I am thinking maybe a once over isn't out of the realm. I don't think anyone wants to hear about Shannon's health issues. Oh I forgot she also has angry eye syndrome.

The thing is I feel like we hear about Shannon's health issues all the damn time, just without any specifics that would make any sense of what she's saying. I felt the same way last season when she would stress how much she didn't want to talk about her unhappy marriage....and then proceed to talk about it all the time without ever saying what was actually wrong. I think Shannon is not a great communicator. She talks around stuff and really has to be pushed to get to the point.

• Love 1

There was a lot of baiting going on with Andy, especially toward David.  I'm not saying David was an innocent.  Too bad Andy isn't more like he was with David when he's interviewing the housewives at the reunion. 

I liked the way Andy talked to David.  I think Andy really likes Shannon.  I do too.  And I think we both dislike David. 

I'm about Shannon's age and I've had a few CT scans too - it doesn't make me a hypochondriac or someone with Munchhausen.  A car crash,  blown knee, mysterious headaches, etc.   If you live long enough and have insurance - I don't think it's uncommon to have a few scans. Stuff happens. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

I liked the way Andy talked to David. I think Andy really likes Shannon. I do too. And I think we both dislike David.

I'm about Shannon's age and I've had a few CT scans too - it doesn't make me a hypochondriac or someone with Munchhausen. A car crash, blown knee, mysterious headaches, etc. If you live long enough and have insurance - I don't think it's uncommon to have a few scans. Stuff happens.

I wasn't trying to imply it was unheard of or anything. I've had 2 myself, but I could tell you exactly what they were for (car accident and bowl obstruction). I just meant that it's not a standard procedure and Shannon tossed off having a few like it was getting a cavity filled with no other information. Maybe I should get Meghan on the case! Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

I can't really even imagine what attracted David and Shannon to each other in the first place. David is from Freeland, Michigan originally. He grew up on beef ribs and beer. His work suit every day was a pair of work jeans and Doc Martin work boots. Shannon is an over-the-top 'green' housewife and follower of natural medicine. She embraces an organic lifestyle by visiting a holistic doctor up to three times a week and by healthy eating. She has crystals hung all over the house for feng-shui and harmony of her decor. Her children aren't allowed to have cellphones because of the 'radiation' concerns. She even took her girls to a natural cosmetic store to introduce them to some cosmetics. (aren't all cosmetics safe for humans?)  All this would make me absolutely nuts being married to someone like Shannon. Heck If I want to chow down on a greasy hamburger twice a year, I don't want someone behind me telling me how much it's going to kill my arteries.

I bet David saw Shannon as someone who lived the kind of life he aspired to have, and Shannon saw David as someone who was self-made and "real" compared to the people she grew up with.  They were both young and thought the differences in their backgrounds was no big deal.  Fast forward a few years and voila.  They are both unhappy.

• Love 4

I bet David saw Shannon as someone who lived the kind of life he aspired to have, and Shannon saw David as someone who was self-made and "real" compared to the people she grew up with.  They were both young and thought the differences in their backgrounds was no big deal.  Fast forward a few years and voila.  They are both unhappy.

They were both in their mid-thirties. Not exactly what I would call young.

• Love 3

This entire enterprise, of a 'where we are in our marriage' special, is so distasteful, low-brow and pathetic that I have almost no words. Except for 'this marriage will never be healthy' after the airing and confirmation by both of these ridiculous people that David handed his ring to his eldest. Shannon is also some kind of delusional if she doesn't read something significant into David's disagreement about McKibbin's exposure based on her public stature or lack thereof, relative to active reality show castmembers. There was nothing universal or therapeutic about any of it. It blows my mind that they chose to do this.

I hope it was all worth it. The affair, the excruciating public details spilled by these two narcissists. Let's reflect on the fact that not even Chelsea Clinton has had her parents open veins on national broadcasts about the post-Lewinsky fallout.

If people have dignity, there was nothing triumphant in this whole endeavor. Teresa's call-in from prison makes much more sense to me than this. In fact, the Giudices are the only cross-franchise members who have done the coupled, serious sit-downs (not lighthearted dumbassery on WWHL, a la the Gorgas serving as Andy's dancing monkeys.) If Shannon and David did not have serious money and fusty taste and an I guess paid-for mansion, I feel pretty certain everyone would look at all of this stuff very, very differently. Put them in leopard print and give one a threehead and make them say 'youze' and does it seem like all the sought-for attention is just to save the family? Uh huh.

Did you notice when David said he didn't want to film his infidelity that Shannon said she didn't want to either and it appeared Andy shushed her up fast. Remember the contract stipulation about drama. I think Shannon crossed the 4th wall. If she wanted to keep her orange, the adultry/marriage reconciliation had to be part of their storyline. Greed and fame whore much at the expense of their children's privacy. Really Shannon, did we need to know he fell in love and wanted to leave you for his side piece or that he used his daughter to give you back his wedding ring! He wanted OUT of his marriage except the side piece decided to stay with her husband and keep her family together. No doubt David wanted to leave Shannon for his lover.

Shannon called the side piece's husband to recommend a book! A little hinkey in my view.

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Did you notice when David said he didn't want to film his infidelity that Shannon said she didn't want to either and it appeared Andy shushed her up fast. Remember the contract stipulation about drama. I think Shannon crossed the 4th wall. If she wanted to keep her orange, the adultry/marriage reconciliation had to be part of their storyline. Greed and fame whore much at the expense of their children's privacy. Really Shannon, did we need to know he fell in love and wanted to leave you for his side piece or that he used his daughter to give you back his wedding ring! He wanted OUT of his marriage except the side piece decided to stay with her husband and keep her family together. No doubt David wanted to leave Shannon for his lover.

Shannon called the side piece's husband to recommend a book! A little hinkey in my view.

I took it to mean Shannon did not want there to be infidelity to be filmed to begin with not that she was forced in to filming about his infidelity.  I don't think it had as much to do with keeping her orange as it does with Shannon not being much of a spin doctor.  Had they said, "David had an affair, we are in counseling all is good," it would have not only been a lie, but not good TV. No one can accuse Shannon of hiding her husband's infidelity.  It also seemed like it was a one time affair that he wasn't a serial cheater like others had speculated. I think Shannon pretty well covered that had she left the show his affair would have still been outed.  So she stayed and hoped for the best.

I think they also covered their children in last night's special.  As a family they agreed to go on.  It was like when Andy asked Teresa how Gia felt when she saw the Christening on TV-Teresa said, "she lived it."  (I don't think I have ever quoted Teresa in a positive way.)  These kids lived it and David doesn't get to hide behind the kids and say -boundaries.  What was the dumbass thinking when he did it?  The ring thing was immature and cowardly.

There wasn't much left to the imagination.  We learned it happened while they were out of town on a trip, David obviously thought this was exactly what he wanted in the moment.  We did not hear the woman talked him back home or refused to leave her husband.  No one would have been satisfied-oh David had a midlife crisis and smartened up and came back home.  I thought it was a good example of what not to do if you find yourself caught up in an affair.

I am wondering how the Nicole's husband feels about this circus. Maybe he won't stay.   I thought David sounded pretty sincere about wanting to pull his family together.  I think he was embarrassed that he fell for Nicole.  What I think it showed him was the known he had in Shannon was far better than what he would get from the unknown.  Ultimately, I don't think David would have been able to live with the guilt. 

At first I thought this a bad format and it should have been done with the ladies sitting around and asking Shannon about what happened.  I think Andy can be a light weight but he pulled through this time.  Shannon may not be a Bethenny with unbridled wit but she came off very honest and having grown over the past year.

• Love 6

I don't even care at this point if Shannon& David end up divorced or happily ever after.

I just want them to stop bringing their daughters into their personal fucked up shit & away from the cameras.

• Love 10

On WWHL sometimes Shannon had such an inappropriately near-gleeful smile. I mean, when they were discussing some of the worst things David had done to her, she got this weird expression and I said to myself, "She is enjoying that he has to reveal what a jerk he was." Then there was the part where she said she wanted him to see Nicole in the restaurant so he would have to do a "comparison". She seemed to be sure that he would see SHE was the better, prettier, whatever woman...

Now I think about the whole anal probe story, did Shannon get some secret joy from knowing that Nicole would see David doing even THAT for his beloved wife? 

• Love 5

What a miserable viewing experience! Shannon and David, for all their talk, never seem less than absolutely tortured by each other. David's performative penance is unconvincing and Shannon will eventually have to deal with the fact that she's in a loveless marriage. Good thing they have all that money to cry into. I say, bring on the inevitable vow renewal/divorce and let's bury this thing for good. :(

I don't even care at this point if Shannon& David end up divorced or happily ever after.

I just want them to stop bringing their daughters into their personal fucked up shit & away from the cameras.

Perfect assessments.

One thing I got from the WWHL interview is that this marriage has been in trouble for awhile.  Shannon said David started his affair the same day Shannon started filming RHOC (or could be the day before or day after..I forget but it was within a day of when filming began).  David stated he never wanted to do a reality show.  I may have missed it but I don't think Shannon ever explained why she wanted to do the show, but...its seems to me many wives go on the show when they sense trouble at home.  And, when asked why David decided to stay, he talked about the committment he made when they walked down the aisle.  Andy has to press him for why he wanted to stay with Shannon - not just why he wanted to stay in the marriage.

• Love 5

Bottom line, many of the things that have been reported about the affair are not quite factual after watching them on WWHL. It doesn't sound like the woman David was sleeping with had her kid join the basketball team, but their girls already played on the same team. Shannon already knew this gal. She said that they talked, and the topic of the show came up (Shannon said they were talking about the other ladies) and the topic of Shannon and David's relationship came up as well. All kinds of fucked up to be sure, but it's not as if Shannon's relationship issues with David were some huge private matter - she brought them all to our TV's. David said he told the gal to stop talking to Shannon. Not clear if that happened.

The most interesting part is that David confirmed that Heather knew about the affair. He said she already knew about it the night that Shannon came over to Heather and Terry's house. He said he thought she knew because she is friendly with the other woman and that he thought the game was up at that point. Shannon feels extremely grateful to Heather because she kept it to herself. She said that she didn't even tell Terry, and that in their group of friends, it is rare for someone to keep such information quiet. She now looks at that particular night in a completely different light.

I'm looking at the night in a totally different light too!! Holy crap.  The room just flipped over.... 

• Love 1

On WWHL sometimes Shannon had such an inappropriately near-gleeful smile. I mean, when they were discussing some of the worst things David had done to her, she got this weird expression and I said to myself, "She is enjoying that he has to reveal what a jerk he was." Then there was the part where she said she wanted him to see Nicole in the restaurant so he would have to do a "comparison". She seemed to be sure that he would see SHE was the better, prettier, whatever woman...

Now I think about the whole anal probe story, did Shannon get some secret joy from knowing that Nicole would see David doing even THAT for his beloved wife? 

I agree with this so much. She seemed to be enjoying this whole reveal. It's like she believes she is some type of a warrior; someone who has survived something that no one else has ever experienced before and that this in some way makes her stronger than anyone else has ever been. She looks at him as if she "won" something, even while recounting the horrible experience of him handing his wedding ring to his daughter with the words "I don't want this". She said something similar in one of her early blogs; that she won because he picked her instead of The Affair. She just comes off as all kinds of pathetic to me.  

I wonder what the marriage bootcamp chick thought of their interview? Of Shannon telling the story of the wedding ring, while David was clearly uncomfortable in having it told to the world? It's interesting to me that David said he never wanted to be on a reality show, and even more interesting that he began the affair within days of filming. I know there are lots of the husbands that have said they weren't crazy about their wives joining the show, but his role was so different as he was a huge part in Shannon's storyline. It's not like some of the other husbands who come on as a guy who shows up at the dinner parties and over time takes on a larger role in the drama. Since Shannon has said that she knew her marriage was in a very bad place when she joined the show and hoped that shining a bright light on their issues would be helpful, I cannot help but think that would be something that would be hard for a guy who didn't want to be on the show to begin with. I wonder if she told him that was one of the reasons she wanted to be on the show? I think that his continued role on the show is basically his punishment for The Affair. He had to come on here and publicly take all that she threw at him to make up for what he did. I wonder if he will think it was worth it? 

• Love 6

I took it to mean Shannon did not want there to be infidelity to be filmed to begin with not that she was forced in to filming about his infidelity.  I don't think it had as much to do with keeping her orange as it does with Shannon not being much of a spin doctor.  Had they said, "David had an affair, we are in counseling all is good," it would have not only been a lie, but not good TV. No one can accuse Shannon of hiding her husband's infidelity.  It also seemed like it was a one time affair that he wasn't a serial cheater like others had speculated. I think Shannon pretty well covered that had she left the show his affair would have still been outed.  So she stayed and hoped for the best.

I think they also covered their children in last night's special.  As a family they agreed to go on.  It was like when Andy asked Teresa how Gia felt when she saw the Christening on TV-Teresa said, "she lived it."  (I don't think I have ever quoted Teresa in a positive way.)  These kids lived it and David doesn't get to hide behind the kids and say -boundaries.  What was the dumbass thinking when he did it?  The ring thing was immature and cowardly.

There wasn't much left to the imagination.  We learned it happened while they were out of town on a trip, David obviously thought this was exactly what he wanted in the moment.  We did not hear the woman talked him back home or refused to leave her husband.  No one would have been satisfied-oh David had a midlife crisis and smartened up and came back home.  I thought it was a good example of what not to do if you find yourself caught up in an affair.

But the thing is the kids shouldn't have been involved in a decision to talk about mommy and daddy's crappy marriage on TV. These are the same kids that thought it was a good idea to sneak out and TP someone's house. That is not meant to be a slam on the kids; that is what kids do. It is meant to point out that kids of this age don't make good decisions lots of times. That is why they have parents to protect them and help them make good decisions. I remember when the horrible Teresa G let Bravo film her taking Gia to get her first bra. There were a lot of comments by folks that this should have been a private moment between mother and daughter. Teresa's defense was that Gia wanted the cameras to follow her around the store and watch her pick out her first bra. Does that make it OK, because Gia wanted it? Not IMO. Teresa should have been the adult and said "just no". This is actually one of the most disturbing parts of the David/Shannon story to me. The fact that they did talk to the kids about what they were going to do; it didn't happen organically. It was planned and discussed. When David apologized to the kids on camera, Shannon took a lot of heat for that. Her defense was that we were only seeing the one apology but that he had done this several times before. They were doing it to illustrate the healing process, but the kids had already had to live through it before, and were now being asked to do it again on camera. How in the world is that OK at all? Shannon has said that she told her kids that it would be helpful to others to see how they were able to move past this thing. That would be a powerful motive to kids who were hurting and just wanted the hurt to stop. They don't have the insight to realize that the entire premise is beyond nuts. Unfortunately their mother doesn't have this insight either. 

I feel strongly that if Shannon wanted to discuss The Affair and her heroic attempts to move past it, she should have done so. It was her reality and clearly just ignoring it would have made her entire story a lie. She didn't need to include the girls or recount every single example of the ways in which she had suffered. We get it. Being cheated on sucks. Moving past it is hard. I cannot get past the huge amount of backlash Kyle would have taken had she sat her daughters down in S4 and talked to them on camera about the tabloid stories with Mauricio. If she would have cried about how hard it all was. If we would have seen them trying to help her cope.  If we would have seen what I'm sure were tense moments and conversations between Kyle and Mauricio. We didn't need to see any of that to get the point that the whole deal was stressful and hard. More than anything I need to believe that the ho'wives I like are doing their best to protect their kids in the crazy world of reality they have chosen. They are all subjecting their kids to something I wouldn't consider, but some do it better than others. 

• Love 8

But the thing is the kids shouldn't have been involved in a decision to talk about mommy and daddy's crappy marriage on TV. These are the same kids that thought it was a good idea to sneak out and TP someone's house. That is not meant to be a slam on the kids; that is what kids do. It is meant to point out that kids of this age don't make good decisions lots of times. That is why they have parents to protect them and help them make good decisions. I remember when the horrible Teresa G let Bravo film her taking Gia to get her first bra. There were a lot of comments by folks that this should have been a private moment between mother and daughter. Teresa's defense was that Gia wanted the cameras to follow her around the store and watch her pick out her first bra. Does that make it OK, because Gia wanted it? Not IMO. Teresa should have been the adult and said "just no". This is actually one of the most disturbing parts of the David/Shannon story to me. The fact that they did talk to the kids about what they were going to do; it didn't happen organically. It was planned and discussed. When David apologized to the kids on camera, Shannon took a lot of heat for that. Her defense was that we were only seeing the one apology but that he had done this several times before. They were doing it to illustrate the healing process, but the kids had already had to live through it before, and were now being asked to do it again on camera. How in the world is that OK at all? Shannon has said that she told her kids that it would be helpful to others to see how they were able to move past this thing. That would be a powerful motive to kids who were hurting and just wanted the hurt to stop. They don't have the insight to realize that the entire premise is beyond nuts. Unfortunately their mother doesn't have this insight either. 

I feel strongly that if Shannon wanted to discuss The Affair and her heroic attempts to move past it, she should have done so. It was her reality and clearly just ignoring it would have made her entire story a lie. She didn't need to include the girls or recount every single example of the ways in which she had suffered. We get it. Being cheated on sucks. Moving past it is hard. I cannot get past the huge amount of backlash Kyle would have taken had she sat her daughters down in S4 and talked to them on camera about the tabloid stories with Mauricio. If she would have cried about how hard it all was. If we would have seen them trying to help her cope.  If we would have seen what I'm sure were tense moments and conversations between Kyle and Mauricio. We didn't need to see any of that to get the point that the whole deal was stressful and hard. More than anything I need to believe that the ho'wives I like are doing their best to protect their kids in the crazy world of reality they have chosen. They are all subjecting their kids to something I wouldn't consider, but some do it better than others. 

Kyle (undeservedly) got a ton of backlash for talking about the tabloid stories.  A storyline she didn't bring up but Brandi did, at the luncheon-how is your family dealing with the tabloid stories? I didn't think she spoke all that much about it.   The difference is the Umanskys treated the stories as lies and Beadors had a real life situation.  So sitting down and discussing the tabloid stories with their kids only would give the stories legs. 

I think many a kid when faced with their parents divorcing has expressed a desire to want to fix it.  This separation in the world of separations was way up on the tough scale because the other woman was someone they knew in fact, a team mate's mom.  These kids were in on this from the get go.  The kids have had a scene being apologized to by David and saying they made dinner to make the relationship better.  The kids experienced Dad plan a crappy birthday dinner for mom.  It is not as if they are sitting in on the marriage counseling session and  listening to their parents work on things.  In the world of mentioning specifics about the affair Shannon has said she knew the woman and the woman asked questions about her marriage (the kids knew the woman), on Shannon's birthday he then met up with the woman (David has denied having sex with her that night) and finally the return of the wedding ring thing (Stella lived it) so I guess I am just not seeing the exposure and detail some might. 

I thought the enema thing was weird and David's attempt at potty humor with the nail cleaning was a bit gross and I think anyone with a room temperature IQ could figure out he was joking.  David is not a natural in front of the camera and it shows.

If I were Andy I would have asked David way more questions about the affair.  Did they have daily contact, how often did they meet, was there a mutual plan for he and Nicole to leave their respective spouses.  Did David ever speak to the husband?  Fortunately, Andy spared David and Shannon the humiliation.

• Love 2

If I were Andy I would have asked David way more questions about the affair.  Did they have daily contact, how often did they meet, was there a mutual plan for he and Nicole to leave their respective spouses.  Did David ever speak to the husband?  Fortunately, Andy spared David and Shannon the humiliation.

Oh, I think it would have been both wonderful and respectful to ask David about positions and where he came and how far their conversations went about Shannon's flaws.  Although I love the idea of looking at old Andrew and thinking he showed a lot of restraint and how the people who have decided to expose their kids to their bullshit with a stage and cameras were lucky that he was so subtle.  I'm making a Bill the Cat face right now, by the way.

I'm so glad we're at this place.  All the kids involved totally deserve it. 

• Love 3

Oh, I think it would have been both wonderful and respectful to ask David about positions and where he came and how far their conversations went about Shannon's flaws.  Although I love the idea of looking at old Andrew and thinking he showed a lot of restraint and how the people who have decided to expose their kids to their bullshit with a stage and cameras were lucky that he was so subtle.  I'm making a Bill the Cat face right now, by the way.

I'm so glad we're at this place.  All the kids involved totally deserve it. 

I am not quite sure what "All the kids totally deserve it," means.  What has happened to the kids?

I am not a fan of the puff ball interview I am more of a "60  Minutes" kind of viewer.  Don't invite someone on for a one on one (say Bethenny) let them hide behind legal restrictions and then play coy with -I would never discuss the reasons for my divorce.  Read her trial testimony she was a regular fountain of information.  The purpose for the interview in the Beadors eyes was to address people on social media who contended Shannon deserved to be cheated on because she nagged, they weren't in love, David is checked out and various other attacks on their behavior and relationship.  Shannon dropped another bombshell. David straightened out a misconception but mostly it was about them being back on track in their marriage and asking people to back off of unprovoked attacks and speculation.  It really wasn't an overview of the affair more about the healing.

• Love 2

Shannon has Bronchiectasis, which is a legitimate chronic lung disease. She briefly discussed it before Tamra cut her off. But yes, let's call it Munchausen.

• Love 3

I was being sarcastic. I don't think Bronchiectasis is something Shannon would come up with on her own.

I was too.  By the time of 50 many, many people have had PET Scans, CAT scans and the like.  I think Heather likes to throw her little digs at Shannon.

• Love 4

So, David handing Stella the ring to give to her mother. 

She should've divorced that fucker right then and there.  But for some reason, they seem to love to put their children smack dab in the middle of their dysfunciton.  Strange.

• Love 10

They remind me of Lindsay Lohan's parents.

Wow, that's harsh. Lindsay's dad is an addict who sold out his daughter for cash, and her mom not only enabled and encouraged her addictions, she whored out her daughters a la Kris Karsashian. I don't see the similarities.
  • Love 4

Wow, that's harsh. Lindsay's dad is an addict who sold out his daughter for cash, and her mom not only enabled and encouraged her addictions, she whored out her daughters a la Kris Karsashian. I don't see the similarities.

I'm not the person behind the comment, but I think the commenter was talking about the dysfunction of this relationship.  

But Shannon apparently drinks enough that her daughter made a snide comment about it.  And while they might not seem like attention whores, they would rather be on TV and air out their marital issues for the entire world to see than handle it quietly without subjecting the kids to a national embarrassment.  They chose to make their children be a part of their marital woes to the point that they actually made a meal for them in hopes they would keep their marriage together (remember the restaurant game).

Seems like the only thing missing at this point is doing coke.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5

I don't know if the comparison is valid, but I do think these people are crazy Famewhores who don't make decisions that are in the best interests of their children.

I've been saying for a while that I think Shannon in particular is nuts - batshit crazy actually. There are many reasons, but none more concrete than the deal with David's arrest for domestic abuse. This in particular is concerning to me:

"In February 2003, David was arrested by Newport Beach police and charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and “battery against a cohabitant.” He pled guilty to both charges, and completed three years of informal probation, 10 days in a work program, a voluntary batterer’s treatment program. Still, Shannon insists to Star, “There was no abuse, no physical anything. We had an argument that was resolved very quickly afterward. I just thought that if I called the police, the fight would end. We’ve moved on; it’s over and done."

I simply cannot imagine this situation. Either David really did do something to Shannon that required the intervention of the police, and then did what many women do when the police arrive - which is to dismiss the seriousness of the situation - or she actually did think it OK to call the cops on her husband to stop an argument. In either situation I am just stunned. If he was abusive than she should have run. She has resources that others in the same situation don't have. On the other hand, if she subjected him to the criminal justice system simply to make an argument disappear, she is to crazy, selfish, and narcissistic to believe possible.

This is the thing about this affair. It is horrible and I am sure moving forward a challenge, but how do you move forward from something like this incident? It makes the affair seem small in comparison on this list of betrayals. If your wife accuses you of something you didn't do because she is spoiled and always needs to get her way to the point she will throw you to the police to shut you up, how could you ever forgive her? Trust her? Want to be with her or live with her, let along go on a fishing expedition up her ass? It just seems like there is such an underbelly of ugliness between these two people, uglier because they are so willing to talk about it like they deserve a Profile in Courage award, and I do feel so sorry for their poor kids.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

Yikes, so if you disagree with what someone does on a reality show, then don't watch?

Why even have this board to discuss the show?  It amazes me the sensitivity of people when their favorite reality stars are being criticized.  

• Love 3

I don't know if the comparison is valid, but I do think these people are crazy Famewhores who don't make decisions that are in the best interests of their children.

I've been saying for a while that I think Shannon in particular is nuts - batshit crazy actually. There are many reasons, but none more concrete than the deal with David's arrest for domestic abuse. This in particular is concerning to me:

"In February 2003, David was arrested by Newport Beach police and charged with misdemeanor counts of assault and “battery against a cohabitant.” He pled guilty to both charges, and completed three years of informal probation, 10 days in a work program, a voluntary batterer’s treatment program. Still, Shannon insists to Star, “There was no abuse, no physical anything. We had an argument that was resolved very quickly afterward. I just thought that if I called the police, the fight would end. We’ve moved on; it’s over and done."

I simply cannot imagine this situation. Either David really did do something to Shannon that required the intervention of the police, and then did what many women do when the police arrive - which is to dismiss the seriousness of the situation - or she actually did think it OK to call the cops on her husband to stop an argument. In either situation I am just stunned. If he was abusive than she should have run. She has resources that others in the same situation don't have. On the other hand, if she subjected him to the criminal justice system simply to make an argument disappear, she is to crazy, selfish, and narcissistic to believe possible.

This is the thing about this affair. It is horrible and I am sure moving forward a challenge, but how do you move forward from something like this incident? It makes the affair seem small in comparison on this list of betrayals. If your wife accuses you of something you didn't do because she is spoiled and always needs to get her way to the point she will throw you to the police to shut you up, how could you ever forgive her? Trust her? Want to be with her or live with her, let along go on a fishing expedition up her ass? It just seems like there is such an underbelly of ugliness between these two people, uglier because they are so willing to talk about it like they deserve a Profile in Courage award, and I do feel so sorry for their poor kids.

I've seen a number of people do things in relationships that I don't understand and I've seen them forgive each other for things I can't fathom.  I don't know what the heck happened in the situation with Shannon and David.  Whatever happened, it doesn't surprise me that 'all was forgiven'.  Was it a first time?  Was it an overreaction?  All I know is that the world isn't black and white.  It's very gray.  Sometimes I get that and other times, I'm just sad...

• Love 9

Somehow I am getting the feeling that Shannon isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer when it comes to medical stuff. Just look at her unforced enema.

She probably thinks a pet scan is when Dr Moon holds the cat next to her vagina.

• Love 7

No wonder some people are so in love with Heather.  Gas lighting the bat-shit crazy woman is ok because, well, she's bat-shit crazy.  Implying someone is certifiably insane on a message board is a bit libelous. 

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 3

I've seen a number of people do things in relationships that I don't understand and I've seen them forgive each other for things I can't fathom.  I don't know what the heck happened in the situation with Shannon and David.  Whatever happened, it doesn't surprise me that 'all was forgiven'.  Was it a first time?  Was it an overreaction?  All I know is that the world isn't black and white.  It's very gray.  Sometimes I get that and other times, I'm just sad...

I agree.  In real life, things are not so black and white.  Shannon is bat-shit crazy because she recanted her story after the police arrived (not so unusual with DV victims), or maybe she is in denial, or maybe the treatment program did work and Shannon and David have moved past the incident, or maybe she he didn't do anything to her and she did call the police (although why would he plea guilty, enter a treatment program and be on probation if something didn't happen?).  And it's easy to tell someone who is a victim of DV to run, but maybe it isn't so easy-peasy for the victim to do this.

• Love 3

No wonder some people are so in love with Heather.  Gas lighting the bat-shit crazy woman is ok because, well, she's bat-shit crazy.  Implying someone is certifiably insane on a message board is a bit libelous.

I've never noticed a lot of people having love for Heather. I do, but in general it is pretty lonely. Libelous to comment on behavior Shannon willingly shows us? Um, OK. For the most part, the person showing Heather the most love is Shannon. I'm glad she has jumped on board, but it gives me little comfort because she also liked Vicki before she didn't.

• Love 3

Making comments that someone is basically ceritfiably crazy is more than just commenting on someone's behavior that they willingly show people.  Are you a mental health professional?

Heather is not showing Shannon love.  Sure I'd like someone to love me by asking their plastic surgeon husband if I need medical assistance for a mental breakdown in front of millions of people.  Yeah no.

• Love 5

I see that everyone is using the affair's name. Is it confirmed now?  Was it said during the WWHL interview?  Just wondering what the source is.

The Beadors didn't use her name but Andy and the Beadors confirmed the Daily Mail had published her name.  So I think it has been published and confirmed.  So I would say one could use her name.

• Love 2

Making comments that someone is basically ceritfiably crazy is more than just commenting on someone's behavior that they willingly show people.  Are you a mental health professional?

Heather is not showing Shannon love.  Sure I'd like someone to love me by asking their plastic surgeon husband if I need medical assistance for a mental breakdown in front of millions of people.  Yeah no.

Not sure if this was pointed at me, but for the record I am not a mental health professional. I just play one on TV based on the obvious behavior I witness on TV.

• Love 10

Are we really requiring someone to be a mental health professional to discuss characters of a reality show?  We're all just commenting on people who trade anonymity because they want fame on a reality show, not writing anti-depressent prescriptions without a license.  

• Love 10

No we are not required to be mental health professionals, but I think to basically bring into question someone's mental stability, to the point for basically calling them institutionally insane, is irresponsible, particularly when we are only seeing a very minuscule part of their life and have no real intimate knowledge of them except for what is being shown on an hour-long tv show.

• Love 3

No we are not required to be mental health professionals, but I think to basically bring into question someone's mental stability, to the point for basically calling them institutionally insane, is irresponsible, particularly when we are only seeing a very minuscule part of their life and have no real intimate knowledge of them except for what is being shown on an hour-long tv show.

Was the discussion originally about Heather proclaiming Shannon was mentally unstable at a party Lizzy was holding? During the episode possibly calling an ambulance to take Shannon away was discussed. I believe Shannon was under pressure and said we would all see something or other in the end. Worse thing was her good friend Vicki sat there knowing Tamrat did say that Heather and Terry we're going to take the Beador's down, she just kept her mouth shut. It seems Vicki and Tamrat are always playing Shannon and the viewers about something, lol.

The cast sees each other much more than us and they seem to like to play arm chair psychologist from time to time. I don't agree with it at all.

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

But this whole board is dedicated to talking about people who we have no real intimate knowledge of and only see a very miniscule part of their lives and yet we comment on everything they show us.  We're not prescribing them sedatives or anti-depressants; we're merely commenting on what they show us.   It's like seeing someone drink a lot on the show.  Do I know if they're alcoholics?  No.  But can I comment on them possibly being one?  Why not? 

Anyway, I don't mean to sound disrespectful.  You're nicer than I am, clearly!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5