Type keyword(s) to search

Check Out A Few Moments Behind The Scenes In This Gilmore Girls Featurette

• Start Topic

It must be a bit weird for Milo and Alexis to be back. Isn't it there that they started dating? I sort of really want Jess and Rory back together but don't know how weird it would be for the actors so not holding out much hope. Nice to know they're still friends though. :)

Ok. Is it just me - and it may well be - but did Lauren Graham have some "work" done? Something funny around her upper lip - very Meg Ryan-ish....?

I hope not! Something just looks off to me.

That being said, still SUPER excited!!!

• Love 1

Ok. Is it just me - and it may well be - but did Lauren Graham have some "work" done? Something funny around her upper lip - very Meg Ryan-ish....?

She does look as though she has been "freshened" somewhat.  It's a little jarring to see how everyone looks in the Pilot versus now.  I do think Liza Weil looks great with that haircut.   

• Love 1

Definitely LG had work done post-GG, but she was also doing botox during GG. You can see that if you jump from S1 to S7. It's not just her aging.
It's not a horrible look, though. It could have been so much worse.

25 minutes ago, Eeksquire said:

Watching that, Scott Patterson jumped out at me - is he exhausted or ... I don't even know.  He had serious bags under his eyes.

He had them frequently also during the original series. Curious how female celebrities tend to do a little too much work and male a bit too little. 

58 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

He had them frequently also during the original series. Curious how female celebrities tend to do a little too much work and male a bit too little. 

Personally I'd rather female celebrities, as well as male, be allowed to age naturally if they so choose.  I think the difference between Scott and Lauren (other then the sexist HW standards) is that Lauren still has a pretty viable acting career  while Scott's best acting days are behind him.

3 hours ago, illini1959 said:

I hate that she felt she had to do that, and that (to me) it wasn't done very well.

One of the most beautiful things about her was her smile and now it's all weird looking. Sad :(

I said this on another thread too. She had a kind of unique perpetual pout that was gone by season 7. I though it was so cute.

• Love 1

Oh Lauren, why did you do that your face? And I miss the pout too. I see a lot of people online go on about Scott's lack of hair etc. but the guy is almost 60. Let him look his age.

Netflix just needs to crank out the actual promo already. This stuff is boring. Because it doesn't help me decide whether I want to actually watch or not. That teaser convo with Lorelai and Rory hasn't done anything for me.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, WInterfalls said:

I got so choked up during that, seriously. I can't wait for Nov 25th.

Also yeah what IS Matt Czuchry wearing?

Steampunk! Looks like the LDB has a steampunk event coming up. That is a classic look, all brass and leather and goggles and 19th century. I bet it will look awesome. Fingers crossed we get Rory in an outfit.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Smad said:

Oh Lauren, why did you do that your face? And I miss the pout too. I see a lot of people online go on about Scott's lack of hair etc. but the guy is almost 60. Let him look his age.

I actually prefer him to look his age. It's when he wears the god-awful hats and dew rags to cover his baldness to look younger that I don't like. It's just as unappealing as botox. Just buzz the fuzz and he'd look much nicer.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

I actually prefer him to look his age. It's when he wears the god-awful hats and dew rags to cover his baldness to look younger that I don't like. It's just as unappealing as botox. Just buzz the fuzz and he'd look much nicer.

That's why his late S3 haircut was my favorite of his. He looked so much better with the short hair, especially without the cap on. And IMO the baldness must be easier to cover up with the short hair. All the different wigs put on him always looked weird or aweful because they had to adjust it to his usual longer hair.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Smad said:

Because it doesn't help me decide whether I want to actually watch or not.

Really?  (Said incredulously....channeling Lorelai's response to Luke's offer to dance in Last Week Tights...). I'm honestly surprised that any of us here obsessing over this show regularly aren't sure we are going to watch.  This isn't inteneded as a criticism....just surprised.  Are you afraid that something that wasn't well done could ruin the show for you...or just that it wouldn't be worth your time?

I'm honestly surprised that any of us here obsessing over this show regularly aren't sure we are going to watch. 

I am in the same boat - watch or don't watch.  Will the movies dispel the magic of the original series?  I will be reading the comments before I decide.  

But now that I've seen the bad job on Lauren's mouth I do think I will be obsessing on that and not paying attention to the story!

1 hour ago, cantbeflapped said:

Really?  (Said incredulously....channeling Lorelai's response to Luke's offer to dance in Last Week Tights...). I'm honestly surprised that any of us here obsessing over this show regularly aren't sure we are going to watch.  This isn't inteneded as a criticism....just surprised.  Are you afraid that something that wasn't well done could ruin the show for you...or just that it wouldn't be worth your time?

Like I said in another thread. It's the same like the X-Files for me. What good feeling I have left I don't want destroyed with anything new. Chris Carter produced such a dud with the second X-Files movie that I simply had enough. I would have been all over the revival if Vince Gilligan was announced to be the one doing the storyline. But since it's Carter and listening to and reading some of his interviews just pissed me off. So I waited until the episodes had aired and then decided based on viewer feedback. Still haven't seen those episodes and probably never will.

I'm in a similiar situation with GG. ASP has so disappointed with the later Seasons that I haven't watched anything of hers that she did after GG. And I have heard nothing so far that has really excited me. From the set photos SH looks exactly the same, Lorelai and Luke drive the same cars still etc. yet almost 10 years have passed. That's totally unrealistic even for GG. Too many actors announced to be in 4x90 min episodes, many of whom don't need to be there (talking about those who were in the original run). I want some regular SH festivals instead the only one we know is the muscial, IMO just so ASP can give her Bunheads people (among others) something to do. All this talk about Rory and her ex-boyfriends just gets me down because I don't care about either. Except maybe Jess but only because I'm hoping for plenty Luke/Jess and not in relation to Rory. The LaDB crap which they will waste screentime with.

That teaser with Rory and Lorelai (which won't be in the revival from what I understand but still) just didn't grab me. All I could think was we have 4x90 min only and they could be wasting it on Lorelai wondering if Amy Schumer and John Oliver would like her? Urgh. Give me a freaking story.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 4

I can understand your thinking, Smad and Kohola.  I have a a real optimism about the whole thing and am pretty sure there will be things to enjoy about it.  Anyways....hope you guys end up watching so we can discuss it to death with you!  :). 

• Love 3

A couple of seasons in to Parenthood, I thought LG was starting to look...tired and bloaty in the face.  I never could decide if it was because she was aging or if it was because she was trying too hard not to.

I am ridiculously excited for this. And hey - aging in HW cannot be any fun at all. I do think the stylists should be canned for bringing back those gadawful extensions and highlights. LG is a beautiful woman but television messes with the natural coloring of so many actresses so everyone will look the same and I don't get it.

• Love 2

Season six, especially the second half, obliterated what little respect I had left for ASP.  I'm a hope even when all hope is gone kind of person, so I watched season seven and was only mildly appeased.

That said, I can't not watch the revival at least once. Whether I finish or watch it a second time lies solely in the hands of Netflix and the writers.

• Love 4

I'm really hoping ASP put so much of her bitterness behind her with the network on not getting an 8th season that she finds her voice and gives a a satisfactory ending, If nothing else, we get the final 4 words. I'll be watching.,

On 2016-10-05 at 7:25 PM, stillshimpy said:

Yikes. Matt Czuchry joins us from the set of Poldark, apparently.

Hallowe'en costume, maybe? Maybe it has something to do with steampunk. Rule number one of steampunk costuming is glue a shitload of cogs together and slap it somewhere on your person, and lo and behold! Logan's wearing some sort of lapel pin made up of a bunch of little cogs glued together.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 2
On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 8:22 AM, Smad said:

That's why his late S3 haircut was my favorite of his. He looked so much better with the short hair, especially without the cap on. And IMO the baldness must be easier to cover up with the short hair. All the different wigs put on him always looked weird or aweful because they had to adjust it to his usual longer hair.

I always thought the better groomed Luke of season 3 symbolized him changing for Nicole; something he didn't believe you should do. And when he was with Lorelai he was back to himself, she accepted him for who he was.

I thought the promo with Amy Schumer and John Oliver was smart, they are both relevant and they both responded via twitter and TV to the mentions.

I will have to take your word for it. I have never heard of either of them.

On 10/6/2016 at 5:31 PM, Smad said:

Give me a freaking story.

I don't need a big plotty story. I would rather have a good character-driven series than anything, like the good ol' days of GG. How do Emily, Lorelai and Rory respond to Richard's death, that kind of thing. Or low-key stories like Emily visiting Lorelai in Stars Hollow. I don't much care about Rory's boyfriends or Luke/Lorelai. As long as they're drama-free I'm fine with them, whatever. I liked the promo scene because it wasn't about anything, but it encapsulated Rory, Lorelai and their relationship in just a short clip.

7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I will have to take your word for it. I have never heard of either of them.

Amy Schumer has a show on Comedy Central (she just released a book that's on the New York Times bestseller list) and John Oliver is the host of Late Night Tonight on HBO. 

• Love 2