Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Orange is the New Yuck!

roeflem
  • Start Topic

Last week, Vicky Nguyen was advising how to book cheaper flights for a family. One of her recommendations was to book each seat separately. Then she said if you couldn’t get seats together advise the airline that you would need to be moved so that everyone can sit together. This method of booking seats is disrespectful to people who booked in advance and possibly paid extra for their preferred seats. Asking, or telling, someone to move to accommodate you getting cheaper seats is irresponsible when you have small children and rude to the rest of the world. 

• Like 7

Did anyone catch yesterday’s show when they were interviewing those cruise ship passengers that got stranded?  Awful story, but can we talk about the art in the background….like they couldn’t find ANY OTHER PLACE to sit?!  The camera guy was trolling too….its like they placed the camera a certain way so we wouldn’t miss it. When they came back to the live shot they went to Craig for a different story and he couldn’t help but giggle. Steph Gosk was chuckling as well.

IMG_5760.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2

Did anyone else notice this morning that when Hoda was introducing a story, she stuttered, Ba-Ba-Biden? If this was not intended to be an imitation of Trump’s moronic mockery, the gaff should have been removed in post-production before rebroadcasting for the west coast. 

6 hours ago, Glitches said:

Did anyone else notice this morning that when Hoda was introducing a story, she stuttered, Ba-Ba-Biden? If this was not intended to be an imitation of Trump’s moronic mockery, the gaff should have been removed in post-production before rebroadcasting for the west coast. 

Fire her IMMEDIATELY!!!

• Like 2

I don’t watch the show regularly as it’s become so inane.  But yesterday I was stuck in a doctor’s waiting room, and they had some very long segments with Jennifer Garner and her mother.  Why?  Why were these people given this platform?  The adoration of the hosts. Apparently Jen has a fake cooking show in Instagram. It went on and on!  

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

And I'm sorry, but Jen's mother looks too frail to be on tv trying to cook.  

My friend and I were speculating that Jen Garner was trying to divert attention away from her ex-husband and his other deteriorating marriage LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

This is in regard to a story Hoda told last week,  I thought it was very inappropriate:  She had gone to a friend's house with her girls, the friend had a pool, so Hoda & her girls went skinny dipping, while the friend & her husband covered their eyes.  Maybe I'm a Prude, but I did not think this is something Hoda should be telling nationwide...

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

This is in regard to a story Hoda told last week,  I thought it was very inappropriate:  She had gone to a friend's house with her girls, the friend had a pool, so Hoda & her girls went skinny dipping, while the friend & her husband covered their eyes.  Maybe I'm a Prude, but I did not think this is something Hoda should be telling nationwide...

Not to mention "Who the hell does she think she is?" Friends had to cover their eyes at their own home?  At who's request?  Entitled much?  She's got some weird social behaviors!!!

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

I was away from the television this morning at 9:50 AM when, after a commercial break, I heard a female voice ask someone to please be quiet while they were introducing the exercise segment. Can anyone tell me who said this to whom? I’m really curious.

I was rushing around and may have this wrong but Craig was bouncing a basketball and (I think) Shenielle shushed him. 

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

I was rushing around and may have this wrong but Craig was bouncing a basketball and (I think) Shenielle shushed him. 

Thank you. 

On 6/28/2024 at 2:26 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

That is hella weird!  I saw that story somewhere and only read the headline so I thought it was cute, like skinny dipping with your kids at night in your OWN, PRIVATE, pool.  I know my daughter would think that was hysterical.  I had no idea they were at a friends house, and even worse said friends were right there?!  Strange.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

I’ve seen a BMW commercial with Al Roker playing a weatherman. I thought that sort of thing was forbidden for network “news personalities”. I guess not anymore.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
40 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I’ve seen a BMW commercial with Al Roker playing a weatherman. I thought that sort of thing was forbidden for network “news personalities”. I guess not anymore.

I was confused by the whole commercial, it took me a few times to figure out they were selling a car.

• Like 1

Today NBC interrupted The Today Show because Kamala Harris was speaking at the White House. The substitute anchor woman spoke through just about the entire segment. I was channel surfing to see if I could catch any of Kamala words, but ABC had nothing and CBS was doing mostly the same thing. Why cover a conference or a speech or a current event and not let the event speak for itself?

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, Glitches said:

Today NBC interrupted The Today Show because Kamala Harris was speaking at the White House. The substitute anchor woman spoke through just about the entire segment. I was channel surfing to see if I could catch any of Kamala words, but ABC had nothing and CBS was doing mostly the same thing. Why cover a conference or a speech or a current event and not let the event speak for itself?

It was the same on whatever channel I was one too, whatever Kamala said was not not earth shattering news, it was a few kind words about Biden during a school sports thing during which one of the kids decided to stand directly behind Kamala like he was her shadow, that made me giggle.

• Like 2

Dylan posted on IG that she was on vacation with her family. It seems like they ALL are off a lot.  Today both Hoda and Savannah are off.  Truthfully I am losing interest in Today.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Truthfully I am losing interest in Today.

I started watching GMA during the Olympics because The Today Show was one long promotion for same. I previously watched CBS in the morning. Wish I had access to other morning news shows. News being the operative word, which is the thing all the networks seem to lack. 

• Like 4

The Today Show in turning into ESPN with their constant talk about football in their A block. You would think they are hosting the Super Bowl. Nope! That would be CBS. It’s not to say that I'm not a football fan (Philadelphia Eagles) but last year and this past week it’s so OTT. I know NBC airs the Sunday game but I like news in my first half hour. 

I was watching the US Open over the weekend and saw (I believe) Savannah and Jenna siting together. I also saw Al and his wife sitting in the Presidents box. Rich people problems. LOL!!!! I’m sure Hoda will be doing the passive aggressive no one asked me to go shtick.   

• Like 1
On 9/8/2024 at 7:08 PM, ByaNose said:

The Today Show in turning into ESPN with their constant talk about football in their A block. You would think they are hosting the Super Bowl. Nope! That would be CBS. It’s not to say that I'm not a football fan (Philadelphia Eagles) but last year and this past week it’s so OTT. I know NBC airs the Sunday game but I like news in my first half hour. 

I was watching the US Open over the weekend and saw (I believe) Savannah and Jenna siting together. I also saw Al and his wife sitting in the Presidents box. Rich people problems. LOL!!!! I’m sure Hoda will be doing the passive aggressive no one asked me to go shtick.   

They always seem to have some 'trend" they go on & on about.  Meanwhile, Hoda did attend the US Open with Jenna & Savannah...they showed a photo of the 3 of them during the "Hoda/Jenna" hour

• Like 1
10 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

They always seem to have some 'trend" they go on & on about.  Meanwhile, Hoda did attend the US Open with Jenna & Savannah...they showed a photo of the 3 of them during the "Hoda/Jenna" hour

Which is funny since Hoda referred to Jannik Sinner taking two sets to beat Taylor Fritz when they interviewed him on the plaza yesterday. He corrected her, but I would think anyone interested enough to go to the Open would know the men play a minimum of three sets.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1