Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: The Other C Word

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Do you have siblings?  Sure doesn't seem like it.  Family sticks together.  It's best for all involved.  My sister and I have fought like dogs for years but we have each others backs in public.  Tre has no sisters and I think it took her years to "get" the sister thing.  

Exactly.

I remember seasons ago when they all went to the Guidice summer home and rode the boat while Rosie babysat.  Richie remarked how he missed this kind of thing since they did it all the time in the past.  To me that meant that the Guidices hosted everyone often and when things went south everyone left.

Why do I watch this crap?????????????????

Jac is insane.

The bolded is exactly right. My family has a few different camps and they all fight with everybody. But no one outside the family better say shit about it. I can talk whatever shit I want about my brother, but no one outside can and the whole family will back him up even though everybody thinks he's an idiot with no redeeming qualities. That's probably what the elder Gorgas  want their family to be like too. 

My Mexican grandmother used to say if you mess with one bean, you get the whole burrito. 

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:57 PM, breezy424 said:

Melissa doesn't owe anyone about the truth regarding her nose jobs but she chose to deny it instead of saying it's no one's business.  I could appreciate and respect that if that was her answer.  But it wasn't. 

I've always defended Mel over the years (see my posts.  No, LOL, I'm not expecting anyone to do that) but I do think that Mel and Tre's new found friendship is total BS.  They both hate one another.  Hate is a strong word but appropriate in the situation.  Mel is pleasing her husband and Tre needs the support because Joe is going to 'camp'. 

Sadly I agree with your second paragraph.  Mel tried to push her way on this show for several years with Theresa keeping her out.  There was bad blood there between the two.  Tre claimed Mel copied everything she did and it was irritating.  Caroline got aggravated at Tre for something and pushed to have Mel and Joe on the show causing friction between the two families.  Remember the big reception scene where JoeGo was calling his sister Tre a ho or something like that.  Just furious at her while Mel simpered beside him, loving every minute?  Very bad blood between the two women.  It was even discussed that Tre wouldn't put Mel on the visitation list last year to see her at 'camp'.  Suddenly this season all is forgiven and the two girls are best friends! 

I think Andy laid it out on the line: He likes Mel and esp Joe.  Tre is a lone wolf without her Joe.  She'd better choose sides and therefore she chose Mel and JoeGo.  If she'd chosen Jaqueline (who had already proved to be an enemy) then she knew Jaq would bring Rosie and especially Kathy into it and try to take Tre down and take over the show.  In her mind it was a no brainer--- choose Mel, let her be the star and ride her coattails until JoeGudice gets back out and she's not alone. 

Unlike you, I never could stand Mel.  I thought she was the fakest of the fake willing to do anything to be a star.  But this season I'm handling her just fine.  She's proven to be a pretty saavy player on the show, joining forces with Theresa and along with the entertaining JoeGo is running the thing.  I can't believe I'm saying it, but this season I like her.  :)

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Castina said:

Little nuggets come out with each episode.  I don't think Jac is jealous at all of Tre and Melissa's friendship.  I think she is pissed off at Melissa because she expected her to back her, Kathy and Rich against Teresa the way they all backed Melissa against Teresa when they first came onto the show.  In the car leaving the restaurant Jac says to Chris "it's terrible what they did to Kathy and Rosie " and Chris says "I don't want to talk about Kathy and Richie".   In the bedroom Sigga says to Dolores "she is so upset about Kathy and Rosie".  They had to have come up in the argument/fight that wasn't shown and I can only guess it was to argue about why Robyn and her partner get to film with them this weekend and not the cousins.  To me these are odd statements to make considering what the editing wants us to think was the issue but it does speak to the real issue Jac has and her agenda (to get Kathy and Rosie on the show and I think she pulled Sigga into it which might help a little more explain hy she is an "emotional wreck").  You don't spit out those words when you really love someone as Chris wants us to believe, those words come out when you are angry and out of control and reflect what you really think.

I agree with most of this. I think Jac's original plan was to team up with Kathy, Rosie and Richie against Tre. She had NO intention of reestablishing her "Luck and Ethel" friendship with Tre until she realized Kathy and Richie were not going to be asked back full time and she was now without her "soldiers" lol. Look at how they all spent a pathetic New Year's Eve standing around Jac's kitchen talking shit about Tre. Once she knew Kathy and Richie would not be on FT she had to change course and suck up up Tre for screen time. Then she once again surveyed the landscape and once again changed course and  figured if she brought the drama and started fights with Tre THAT would get more screen time. She was counting on Mel backing her because without  Mel on her side Tre could decline to film with Jac, which Andy would most likely go along with to kiss Tre's ass and keep her happy, but Andy most likely would NOT go along with no Melissa and Joey and insist Tre film with them. Mel was basically Jac's insurance policy. I do think, though, that Jac is jealous of not only Tre and Mel's new relationship because it ruined her plan but I think she's jealous of Mel in general because Mel has a lot of fans, she's beautiful, and she's young with a hot bod - all things Jac is desperate for. It was no coincidence that one of the insults hurled a t Mel was about Mel's nose job. I'm sure every time she looks at Mel she seethes with jealousy over her looks so the plastic surgery comment was at the forefront of her tiny brain. Many viewers would abandon the show if there were no Gorgas but I doubt anyone would tune out if the Lauritas weren't on the show - and Jac knows this.

What will be interesting will be to see if the Waliki's suddenly turn on Jac in an effort to suck up to Tre and Mel, get back on the show, and get a paycheck to pay for their McMansion. Too bad for them that, IMO, Tre has their number and won't fall for it - or at least I hope she doesn't!

• Love 8

I agree that factions are forming for screen time and what I hate is that all of this revolves around Teresa. I think despite coming out as Number 1 in a list I saw that rated every howive on every franchise (with the exception of Auckland and maybe also Cheshire and Vancouver), I really feel Teresa is well past her Use By date. I'll take Melissa's fakery over Tre's any day. Teresa gives NOTHING away. And not in a cool way. It's like listening to a politician get interviewed. We're going to hear NOTHING about her time in jail (beyond weirdass stories about a group of girls on a camp getting it on), how she really got there, what Joe did etc. In the special done on OC's infamous Season 8, one of the producers described the initial casting interview for Heather Dubrow. He said they loved her but they didn't think she was ready to let her guard down sufficiently for the audiences of the Howives franchises. In earlier seasons, when Teresa was a totally different and I think better, at least for reality tv, person she was interesting. She is teflon and lead insulated these days as well as dumb as a sack of hair. And this latest episode really highlighted all of this. The rest of the cast also can't function. None of them have even a vaguely interesting story line. Maybe the Gorgas, but I'm just not interested in repeats of Teresa and Melissa ride the Gondola and take selfies. Melissa is also fading if (and she will) she continues as Teresa's loyal sister in law with the zipped lip. Mel is safe atm and this was reflected in the calm with which she dealt with Mad Jac's manic potstirring. Her and Tre were all 'bitch. Don't even. More chicken wings, waiter'. So it's Tre and Melissa and a cast of irrelevants. I really wish that Bravo would replace Manzo'd with Morons' with a Giudice based show and select a whole new cast for New Jersey. You can tell they're desperate when they keep threatening us with such moral luminaries as Kim D? G? and the dreadful Danielle Staub (thanks for that Jacqueline, your friendship with Danielle is permanent proof of your slippery grip on reality and sanity). Delores, Siggy and Jac are dull. Melissa is becoming a Tre robot. Tre already IS a robot. And I CANNOT see how the Giudices can continue to support their lifestyle, I really can't. Maybe production knows more and they see it coming. I hope for their sake that the Gorgas have no business involvement with the Giudices. 

I have just watched Reza in the new shoe Yours, Mine and Ours which he costars in with Taylor Spellman. WHY do I think 'Siggy' every time I see Taylor? ! Anyone else? I was hoping for so much more from Siggy, but she is smothered by this crew. 

Recast this franchise. I'm hoping I'm wrong and I'll just stop watching only to have to catch reruns because something spectacular has happened. Like the news that I hope hits soon about Auckland where a white Ho called a black Ho a 'boat n****'. That said, I want the racist Ho sacked because that's a line that cannot be crossed. This would NOT fly in the USA, but 1 of the Melbourne Howives did it and now this. Calling Teresa a criminal is just a matter of record if not particularly friendly. 

• Love 2
On 10/4/2016 at 8:29 AM, Castina said:

I don't think Jac is jealous at all of Tre and Melissa's friendship.  I think she is pissed off at Melissa because she expected her to back her, Kathy and Rich against Teresa the way they all backed Melissa against Teresa when they first came onto the show.  

Yes, I agree with this.  Jac seems confused, she thought Melissa would take her side.

On 10/4/2016 at 9:13 AM, nexxie said:

And it seems that with all of these shows there is one HW who considers herself to be the queen that everyone else must hover around - partly the fault of Bravo and partly due to the kind of women Bravo hires. On this show it looks like Tre has a very hard time sharing the spotlight - she hated for Melissa to get attention

YES and I think it is not partly the fault of Bravo, but fully the fault of Bravo, specifically Andy Cohen!  He encourages this.  It has happened with Bethanny, Nene and Teresa.  I think it ruins the show, there should not be one main person and a bunch of nervous women who are afraid to upset the queen.  It absolutely takes away from the group dynamic.  

20 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

LOL.  Of course the show revolves around Teresa.  She's the only interesting one who has things going on.  If the other women want more screen time, or to not have to kiss Tre's ass, then perhaps they should not be dull as shit and talk only of Teresa when they get together with each other. 

I don't find her interesting at all.  I cannot think of one thing she has done all season, or for the last few years that is interesting.  She barely leaves her house.  She can't shop in excess like she used to.  She seems sedated.  Even her time in jail was dull as dishwater.

She was so emotional and would get upset at everything.  Now, she is like a robot.  

20 hours ago, jaync said:

The way Danielle could reduce Teresa to a methed out gorilla with just a word or look was a thing of beauty.

It really was amazing.  

19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Do you have siblings?  Sure doesn't seem like it.  Family sticks together.  It's best for all involved.  My sister and I have fought like dogs for years but we have each others backs in public.  Tre has no sisters and I think it took her years to "get" the sister thing.  

I don't know many families where everyone sticks together.  Most families I know are fractured, and there is a lot of "oh, we don't speak to that aunt" and "so and so won't be at christmas."  I have never encountered a family that has each other's backs like the Gorgas are claiming, and I am Italian! 

10 hours ago, stcroix said:

Sadly I agree with your second paragraph.  Mel tried to push her way on this show for several years with Theresa keeping her out.  There was bad blood there between the two.  Tre claimed Mel copied everything she did and it was irritating. 

I remember how hard Melissa wanted to be on the show.  She was trying to get the camera's attention at the housewarming party for Teresa's "redone" house.  She was reaching out to Danielle (!!!) of all people to try to get some attention.  Teresa hated her (I believe she still hates her) and tried very hard to keep her off the show.  She was blindsided when Melissa came on.  

I find it very telling that Teresa did NOT put her name on the visitor list.  If she considers her "like a sister," she would have put her on the list.  And this was just last year, but I think she is worried about having Joe gone, so she has buddied up with her brother and Melissa but her true feelings are written all over her face.  

• Love 6

IIRC, Dolores mentioned that she had been in a long term relationship recently that didn't work out. Are we supposed to believe that her ex was paying her personal bills during that time? Did she run to him for grocery money to feed her boyfriend?

• Love 1

Jacqueline was definitely mentally disturbed during the trip and I couldn't understand why Siggy and Dolores were making excuses for her unhinged behavior.  Teresa and Melissa did nothing wrong.  Real friends will tell you what's right instead of what you want to hear.  Jacqueline wants blind support from people even though clearly, she was the instigator in the situation between her and Robin.  Teresa was friends with both, so why would she just blindly support Jac?  Jac doesn't know how to control her emotions and ends up lashing out and saying hurtful things.  Melissa and Teresa do not need her and clearly she was jealous of them getting along.  Jac is wrong for constantly getting in Teresa's family business.  I've had friends who talk about their family members and I never say a negative word.  If anything, I try to aid in them working things out.  Jac is terrible.  I hope this is her last season.  

By the way, her dress is the opening credits is TERRIBLE and looks like some sort of religious robe.

• Love 12

I'm not sure what anyone's motives are but this is literally the first time I've EVER enjoyed Melissa and Joe and I'm really, really enjoying them. This is the first time I've enjoyed Teresa in a few years, so I'm pretty happy with all of it. Except Siggy, who I can not even remotely stand. 

• Love 12

My Mexican grandmother used to say if you mess with one bean, you get the whole burrito. 

I'm not necessarily in complete agreement with the rest* but I love this!

* I don't really subscribe to "family loyalty at all costs"--depending on the situation, of course! However, I'm saying that as someone who typically stays away from certain kinds of drama anyway; if I found myself actually and inextricably aware of and/or involved, my mind might change. 

• Love 1

Is it me or did Siggy and Delores actually lie when they said Robin started it? 

Is it me or did Jacq not lie when she failed to tell Tre that Robin got pissed when she called her Tre's soldier?  Tre asked Jacq what didshe do/say to set Robbin off and she had no answer. Meanwhile, Delores sits there, turns to Tre with bulging eyes and says that Robin started it all.

Seriously? Do they not know that the are on tape, I saw argument. I saw that crazy bitch Jacq have an opportunity to deescalate the situation but she chose to escalate it instead. She literally took her nasty ass and forced on Robin. She wanted to challenge a worded threat with an actual physical threat by putting her ass on Robin. And if I recall even then, Robin didn't lift a hand toward harming that nasty bitch. I believe she asked her to get off of her, incredulous that she actually sat in her lap.

Yeah, I've been over Jacq since the Manzos left the show, actually before because I always found her boring. Funny how she remembers Tre running after Danielle at the fashion show yet she doesn't recall her sorry ass daughter Ashley being the one who actually did the attacking on Danielle. For some reason she left out Ashley pulling out Danielle's hair and Danielle I think filing charges. Bye Jacq, just bye and you can take your soldiers Siggy and Delores with you.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Funny how she remembers Tre running after Danielle at the fashion show yet she doesn't recall her sorry ass daughter Ashley being the one who actually did the attacking on Danielle. For some reason she left out Ashley pulling out Danielle's hair and Danielle I think filing charges. Bye Jacq, just bye and you can take your soldiers Siggy and Delores with you.

I forgot about Teresa chasing after Danielle, like a crazed dog chasing a squirrel in her ugly garish fur coat.  I also forgot about crazy Ashlee pulling Danielle's hair!  What a mess!

• Love 5

Things I hope Teresa and Melissa bring up at the reunion:

1. Jacqueline resorting to physical violence more than once (punching Caroline, nailing that dude in the head with her heel). 

2. Jacqueline and Chris stealing from a cancer charity. 

3. The irony of Jacqueline talking about anybody else's plastic surgery. 

4. AssLee's continual insistence of calling out the editing on social media when this is the seventh season. Stay off the cameras then, nobody cares about you anyhow. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wanted to take a look at Jacqueline's Twitter. Went to google and in the drop down menu was "Jacqueline Laurita crazy", oh my. Any way this was there:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JacLaurita/status/783312575576600580?p=v

With a link to this (obvious promotion) 

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1114732401907843

On the FB photo she's promoting some cleansing tea to stop stomach bloating.  Someone replied telling her to cleanse her bloated mouth and then maybe she wouldn't be so bloated from all the regurgitated bullshit she spews. BWAHAHAHA!!!!!  Spot on!

• Love 4
On 10/3/2016 at 10:20 AM, Yours Truly said:

I do think it's funny in general that Tre not owning up to past sins is expected and acceptance by a lot on this board (not criticizing cause I'm all for leaving shit where it belongs) and that the idea of revisiting all of that and turning it into a current storyline seems pretty ridiculous considering that we all know Tre just ain't gonna.

COMPARED TO:

How "refreshing" it was for some that Lu got raked over the coals for past sins all season.

Not trying to go off topic I just thought it was an interesting comparison. Tre, a convicted felon, and the consensus is let it be already. Live and let live. Lu, a pretentious nuisance (her major offense), go for blood Beth! She corrected you on how you should introduce her to your driver a thousand years ago!!!

I do agree that I DO NOT want to revisit Tre's sins and all this accountable this that or the other. Firm believer of gathering yourself and making decisions about things only YOU can control and stop fishing for things outside of what's natural for the person your goading. Soooooo, my position this season is to just let the camera's roll and let us just capture the aftermath and preparation for Joe's departure along with the more solid relationship between Guidice/Gorga and there you have it for Tre's contribution. The past shit IS NOT something I'm interested in seeing the women squabble over. No really!

I think it's because Tre actually went to jail. There is no disputing that - it happened. The whole world knows it happens, there is nothing left to prove. Tre did something wrong. Tre went to jail for it. Enough already. 

Tre doesn't want to talk about old stuff, in order to get on with life - let it be, or move on. It's really not that difficult. If you can't, then you don't need to be her friend. However, flinging out "criminal, fraud" and every other thing you know is hurtful is just low. No matter who you side with - it's just low, get over it. Move on and find some new fresh insults if that's your thing. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 4

Right. The way Jaq keeps bringing it up as if this is some dirty secret Tre is hiding. Now, Tre may not have been entirely truthful about her part in it, but WE all know the score. Jaq doesn't need to keep reminding people. It's like she act a fool, but we all need to remember that at least she's no criminal.

• Love 3

I think I missed something. When did Kim D and Jacqueline get so tight? I thought Kim D and Teresa were besties. I know alliances on these shows constantly shift, but this seems like a particularly big leap to me. 

Siggy and Dolores are amazing and should have been added seasons ago.

I really like Dolores (but have not seen the last episode yet). The HW shows work best when not everyone has an outsized, "big" personality, and you have some even-tempered foils to balance out the crazy. I'm not sure about Siggy. I read her post on Bravo about her health issues and understand more about why she's so emotional, and I like that she's matter-of-fact about being menopausal. Still, I don't like how she's trying to jump in all the time and manage other people's relationships without having a respect for the history there. I get being an empath, as I too often absorb the energy of people around me and it affects me, but she takes it to a whole different level. Either there's some stuff we haven't seen, as posters have suggested, or Siggy has some issues with emotional fragility.

On another note...how does someone have four nose jobs (without eventually looking like Michael Jackson)? 

Did anyone else catch that comment by Jaq about her son being arrested?!?! He is like 13 years old, and seems quite the mild mannered Mama's boy- can't believe he was really arrested.

According to my closed captioning, it was "arrested," but I just listened to it again and she was definitely saying "regressing."  Phew!  CJ has always seemed like one of the few good apples on this show.

ETA: For some reason I cracked up at the montage of Teresa's prior bad behavior.  Also, I love that they know people with names like "Johnny the Greek."  ...Okay, that's all I've got. 

Okay, one more thing: I love that Joe Go says "This is better than any soap opera," like his hands are completely clean and he's never attempted to put his brother-in-law in a headlock and hurl him through a plate-glass door on a previous cast trip.

Edited by ladle
  • Love 2