Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Homecoming

• Start Topic

I hate this episode because of Brandon and Ray, but I do like the Valerie helps out the sorority subplot. They seriously needed her, they could not have thought of the brownie laxative plan on their own. This also sets up how awesome Valerie is at espionage! Of course, Kelly will just find a way to use it against her later, but in the meantime-- I like the gang actually having a little harmless fun in college. We don't see this very often.

• Love 3

This episode made no sense to me and it never will. Though on the plus side there is Muntz. That's the only plus side. This episode really sucked. 

Thank god the next episode isn't Brandon-centric.  I do remember next episode with Ray smashing pumpkins, David actually not being his moody Season 4 self and I admit it was kind of funny.

• Love 1

So... Were we supposed to learn a lesson about how a little torture is just the price of democracy? Oh, that's right, we weren't supposed to care about that, but we were supposed to conclude that Brandon was a hero. Again. I didn't remember any of that plotline, but I did remember both the mascot stealing and the pumpkins, so clearly my teenage self wasn't too invested in Brandon's pondering over democracy in the third world.

• Love 1

This is one of the worst episodes of 90210, just really bad. The bright spot was the bear caper, which says a lot. I hate to nitpick, but I hate Val saying "SUNY Buffalo." No one from Buffalo would call it that, no one from New York State would call it that. It's UB, and if the writers thought the school was too small to say that, have her say University of Buffalo, which people here also say.

• Love 4

I like gingers and was thinking I'd take Peter's fluffy locks over Jesse's balding pate. But careful inspection reveals that Peter might be wearing a pinky ring? So he's out.

I never liked Ray. The visual aids reaffirm that his hair looks like one of those boot-brush hedgehogs, only not nearly as cute. The opposite of cute, really. Kind of what I picture a twunt looking like. Love that word!

I had also completely forgotten the torture part of this. I just remembered the mascot and pumpkin patch. Weird. 

• Love 1

I would like someone to research back to when exactly Priestly started his cock attitude towards EVERYTHING (probably episode 2). I got so angry looking at the gifs of him showing his ID and the one where he is delivering the subpoena in his giant pants. Why is he always so put out about everything? Ugh, it's so irritating. I just wonder if that was something a director decided Brandon should be like or if those are personal characteristics of Jason's coming out and that's how HE actually is in real life.

• Love 3

when you realize that this was 90210's take on the RWANDAN GENOCIDE

I always thought it was a late in the day take on Indonesia, with a Sukarno/Suharto pastiche.

What always annoyed me about Brandon was, he didn't seem all that invested in pursuing the whole issue with the subpoena until Ben and Kaye basically more or else called him the Chancellor's bitch. Then, all of a sudden, this was a HUGE IMPORTANT THING HE MUST DO FOR HONOR AND JUSTICE LIKE THOSE KIDS IN CHINA DID or whatever.

Poor Andrea. Between Jesse and Peter, she certainly has an embarrassment of riches, no?

At least the caper with the bear was fun.

• Love 3

I used to think Donna with her baby clothes, mannerisms, bulbous eyes, and gangly frame looked like someone with progeria but now I think she looks like Pepe the frog in drag.  

At some pt maybe I'll do a side by side meme. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I like gingers and was thinking I'd take Peter's fluffy locks over Jesse's balding pate. But careful inspection reveals that Peter might be wearing a pinky ring? So he's out.

I never liked Ray. The visual aids reaffirm that his hair looks like one of those boot-brush hedgehogs, only not nearly as cute. The opposite of cute, really. Kind of what I picture a twunt looking like. Love that word!

I had also completely forgotten the torture part of this. I just remembered the mascot and pumpkin patch. Weird. 

We have one of those hedgehogs things on our front porch. I now will only see Brandon (last season) or Ray when I come home.
If I had to choose a fluffy haired guy, I would pick pre-racist Dan.

I used to think Donna with her baby clothes, mannerisms, bulbous eyes, and gangly frame looked like someone with progeria but now I think she looks like Pepe the frog in drag.  

*dying* I don't know who Pepe the Frog is, but this image just seems so spot on, I just cracked up. She really does look like some sort of bleached blonde frog in drag...

I like the gang actually having a little harmless fun in college. We don't see this very often.

Me too. Between the cults, friendly neighbourhood dictators and chasing the Dragon misadventures, we don't see a lot of them just being normal college kids having normal college fun. Now, I went to an anti-sport, totally apathetic school so I wouldn't know from experience, but I do know my friends and I got up to all kinds of pranks with our dorm mates and stuff that you can only do in college (usually fuelled by too much cheap beer, but that's another story :-)...

• Love 2

Ahhndrea, Brandon, & Dylan were old acting long before college which is part of the problem. After Kelly got w Dylan she become a tightass who was perpetually irritated and when she left him for Brandon his smug rubbed off on her. That's almost the entire gang. The only ones who are laid back and seem like they enjoy life & have youthful goofiness are Steve, Val, and Deshawn. 

• Love 1
On 9/23/2016 at 3:35 PM, kell710 said:

This is one of the worst episodes of 90210, just really bad. The bright spot was the bear caper, which says a lot. I hate to nitpick, but I hate Val saying "SUNY Buffalo." No one from Buffalo would call it that, no one from New York State would call it that. It's UB, and if the writers thought the school was too small to say that, have her say University of Buffalo, which people here also say.

I love nitpicks like this. It further proves that never in the history of this series did anyone do any tiny amount of research. Just about every Minnesota reference is wrong too, except for maybe the Twins did win the World Series that one time.

On 9/24/2016 at 11:22 AM, AndySmith said:

Poor Andrea. Between Jesse and Peter, she certainly has an embarrassment of riches, no?

lol.

5 hours ago, LizzyBee said:

Also, I believe Claire's dad played Jenny Wilder's dad (young Shannon Dougherty) on Little House, he was Almonzo's dying bro.

Oh yeah! Thank you, I always had a sense that I knew him from somewhere, and I think that was it!

On 9/24/2016 at 11:22 AM, AndySmith said:

I always thought it was a late in the day take on Indonesia, with a Sukarno/Suharto pastiche.

What always annoyed me about Brandon was, he didn't seem all that invested in pursuing the whole issue with the subpoena until Ben and Kaye basically more or else called him the Chancellor's bitch. Then, all of a sudden, this was a HUGE IMPORTANT THING HE MUST DO FOR HONOR AND JUSTICE LIKE THOSE KIDS IN CHINA DID or whatever.

At least the caper with the bear was fun.

The plot with Brandon & the Chancellor's friend was bizarre. Why is it Brandon's responsibility to issue the subpoena?

Wouldn't that be a diplomatic issue between the US Government & the Chancellor's friend?

On 11/20/2016 at 6:56 PM, StatMom said:

Oh yeah! Thank you, I always had a sense that I knew him from somewhere, and I think that was it!

The Chancellor  ended up marrying Samantha Sanders ( Steve's mom ) in real life.

• Love 2