Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Amy L is really pretty, shame we don't see more of her. She's really one of those that does not stand out. I always forget there's two Amy's on the team and now maybe even three...

Agree on Amy L - I think she is adorable and has one of the best figures. But I'm surprised she didn't photograph more glamorous, just from the behind the scenes we saw. 

That will be crazy if there are 3 Amy's! 

I am getting nervous for the girls.  If Erica said they are still just taking 34 or 36...DANG.  That is SO many to cut!!! 

• Love 2

Bess, Stephanie, Jaclyn, and Erica's are all really pretty. Stephanie's one-piece looks painted on her body. In looking at the transition from under her boob to her torso, it looks absolutely glued to her. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It wouldn't be attractive to see the gap between her body on and the suit, but the whole thing almost looks like body paint.

10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am getting nervous for the girls.  If Erica said they are still just taking 34 or 36...DANG.  That is SO many to cut!!! 

I wonder if, with that many cuts needed, they might drop a few of the borderline vets. Especially those on the two-year list. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I love the teeny tiny bikini bottoms. I wish I could wear one myself! 

If I looked that good in tiny bikini bottoms, I'd wear them everywhere... Target, the grocery store, the mall... ?????

i think Jax is very cute... She really looks like the girl next door. That picture of K'Sahara is WOWZA. She looks incredible, but definitely straying from that wholesome nonsense Kelli likes to pretend the DCC is all about. I think Danielle is smoking hot. She has really come into her looks and her body is killer. I'm surprised Megan's photos aren't better- she's such a beautiful girl. I'm blown away by Jinelle~ best she's ever looked, IMO.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I just don't see it.

I'm with you... I don't get Stephanie's look at all. The hair, the eyes, her face. She almost looks like a Marvel comic book character~ that probably makes zero sense to any of you, but it's what pops up in my mind. Maybe I just see that she's overdone and the hair is just so fake and I doubt that's her natural eye color.

Wait... I do like that picture of Stephanie in the zebra print bikini. That one is more natural looking. 

I tend to like a smile in pictures... That sultry face is difficult to pull off. Not many of them can, although Jinelle does it very well in that one picture.

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 1

I think Stephanie is really flat chested and it kind of makes her body look awkward. She has almost no cleavage in any of those bikini shots. I feel for her, I used to be flat chested then I gained weight and it all went to my boobs and stomach lol

(edited)
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing at the pic with KaShara where they like, what, photoshopped a dragon in?! WTF!!! Who thought that was a cool, sexy idea??? just so random!!

The picture with the dragon was part of an article where the writer was talking about the shoot locations and how they made each girl into a "real-life Khaleesi." It's a "Game of Thrones" reference, and if you don't watch, the character he's referring to has three dragons. So yeah, weird regardless, but there's a context at least.

34rd15i.jpg

Edited by Oranaiche
45 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

The picture with the dragon was part of an article where the writer was talking about the shoot locations and how they made each girl into a "real-life Khaleesi." It's a "Game of Thrones" reference, and if you don't watch, the character he's referring to has three dragons. So yeah, weird regardless, but there's a context at least.

34rd15i.jpg

hahahaha!!! ahhhh!! now i get it...I hadn't read any of the articles. ok, that makes a bit more sense LOL

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

where do you guys buy the electronic copy of the magazine? I thought I found it on the cowboys site but it seems like it wants me to put my address to MAIL it.  

I downloaded the app on my ipad and bought it there.

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

where do you guys buy the electronic copy of the magazine? I thought I found it on the cowboys site but it seems like it wants me to put my address to MAIL it.  

Easiest way is to download the Dallas Stars Magazine app from the App Store (if you have an iPhone, but it's prob available from Google Play too) and buy the single issue. I did it that way to avoid giving my CC info on the Cowboys website.

• Love 1

I need to find it but if you search for the Eagles swimsuit calendar you will see REALLY GREAT LIGHTING (so great photos) of their cheer team.  Year after year the photography for the DCC calendar/swimsuit issue is just bad.  I think I say this every year.  

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I'm with you... I don't get Stephanie's look at all. The hair, the eyes, her face. She almost looks like a Marvel comic book character~ that probably makes zero sense to any of you, but it's what pops up in my mind. Maybe I just see that she's overdone and the hair is just so fake and I doubt that's her natural eye color.

Wait... I do like that picture of Stephanie in the zebra print bikini. That one is more natural looking. 

I tend to like a smile in pictures... That sultry face is difficult to pull off. Not many of them can, although Jinelle does it very well in that one picture.

Okay Marvel comic is a little harsh. I have said this once, and I will say it again, STEPHANIE IS GOREGOUS IN PERSON. Occasionally she does photograph a little awkwardly, but her eyes are striking, she can dance her butt off and has a great body. She's obviously on the team for a reason.

sorry but I gotta defend a friend ??

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Okay Marvel comic is a little harsh. I have said this once, and I will say it again, STEPHANIE IS GOREGOUS IN PERSON. Occasionally she does photograph a little awkwardly, but her eyes are striking, she can dance her butt off and has a great body. She's obviously on the team for a reason.

sorry but I gotta defend a friend ??

I agree that she's a pretty girl and I like her look most of the time, but people have a right to their opinion.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I agree that she's a pretty girl and I like her look most of the time, but people have a right to their opinion.

Especially when it comes to looks, "gorgeous" is so subjective.

• Love 2

Wow Kasharas pic!!! She looks absolutely stunning like it could be in sports illustrated but she is also almost naked! Very risqué for DCC.  She looks gorgeous in the dragon pic too. Future cover girl IMO. Just get her more swim suit lol!

I like that that pic of Melissa! 

4 hours ago, caligirl50 said:

I need to find it but if you search for the Eagles swimsuit calendar you will see REALLY GREAT LIGHTING (so great photos) of their cheer team.  Year after year the photography for the DCC calendar/swimsuit issue is just bad.  I think I say this every year.  

I'm not a fan of full makeup and wet hair. Like, "hi, I've been surfing or swimming in the ocean for hours, but I have all my makeup on," I know it has to be that way; it just looks so funny. 

• Love 1

I am hardly a prude, but the pics with the untied tops/bottoms just always strike my as trashy. Maybe because the DCC swimsuit pictures aren't particularly good as people have mentioned -- kind of like a poor man's SI swimsuit. But those particular shots always just look trashy.

I want to stress not that the girls are trashy -- they just always look forced, unnatural and uncomfortable. Like the girls are doing something they don't really want to be doing. It just looks cheap.

• Love 4

I looked for the eagles calendar and I personally prefer the DCC pictures. Those are even more trashy than these started to be.

(edited)
On June 17, 2016 at 6:11 AM, heatherrrrz said:

I looked for the eagles calendar and I personally prefer the DCC pictures. Those are even more trashy than these started to be.

Maybe it was just this one issue I saw but man, the girls looked elegant and the lighting was so pretty.

Edited by caligirl50
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:35 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Omg, I just spit out my drink.

I'm just not a fan of Stephanie's look. At all. 

I'm with you ... she's just so scary and weird looking to me and with unattractive bod... but clearly I'm not the average DCC audience as she's here for round 2

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:20 AM, LadyMsJay said:

I just don't see it.

I'm with MsJay .... I don't see it at all.  She looks uber manly and has weird eyes in pictures.  I scared - hold me

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:20 PM, LaurenBrook said:

hahahaha!!! ahhhh!! now i get it...I hadn't read any of the articles. ok, that makes a bit more sense LOL

that's hilarious but still weird as ____ to have a dragon crawling on her back lol.  She's got an amazing figure though ... ah to be young again! (although I never looked like that while I was young lol)

How is this at all manly? Stephanie may be a little more built and muscular than some of the other girls but she is definitely not manly.  Sometimes she does the raised eyebrow thing but hey...it's sassy!  Or maybe it's a habit?  All in all, I think she's super pretty!  Fills out the uniform well!

FB_IMG_1466603075614.jpgthumbnail_FB_IMG_1466603015655.jpg  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, KristyMc19 said:

How is this at all manly? Stephanie may be a little more built and muscular than some of the other girls but she is definitely not manly.  Sometimes she does the raised eyebrow thing but hey...it's sassy!  Or maybe it's a habit?  All in all, I think she's super pretty!  Fills out the uniform well!

FB_IMG_1466603075614.jpgthumbnail_FB_IMG_1466603015655.jpg  

100% agree. I think she is stunning!! We are so used to these girls having huge boobs and I think that's where she stands out in that she's natural and just not a huge cup size. 

• Love 1
On 6/16/2016 at 7:21 AM, RazzleberryPie said:
23 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Stephanie really just has harsh features. She's definitely not the cute, fresh-faced girl we are used to seeing with Jenna, Danielle, Amy T, Megan, etc. 

BINGO!

^^IDK how that happened, but that was really weird.

One of the photographers from the swimsuit shoot does the cameos & team photo. He's a fashion photographer, Jeremy Shelby. I like his work, very creative. The other photographer on the trip was new working with DCC. Wade L, who had been a long time swimsuit photographer for them, unexpectedly passed away this year. 

I haven't seen the magazine, but I think most* of the photos posted here look really good to great. The settings, the suits, & the girls are beautiful to my eye. And compared to past years, I think their makeup looks better, & also unlike years passed, they all look healthy rather than too twiggy. I remember one year where several of my favorite cheerleaders looked like they had the bobble head effect going on, meaning their heads looked too big because they were so thin. While everyone has their own opinion (of course!) I think some of the critiques up thread are a bit harsh, because these girls are not professional models & have limited to no experience doing shoots at all, let alone in itty bitty bikinis. While I would (could!) never wear one, I have no problem with skimpy bottoms, & I know such suits are pretty standard in some parts of the world. If my ass looked like Stephanie's, I'd be showing mine too, at least when on a beach in Mexico--probably not at the neighborhood pool. Also, most of the Star readership is male, so I think that's the main target audience. Sexy sells! 

• Love 4

I think it might be the raised eyebrow thing. Some photos I see of Stephanie I literally think WOW and others the total opposite. the other girls sometimes have inbetween-meh photos but not Steph. She's either one end of the scale or the other lol  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I think it might be the raised eyebrow thing. Some photos I see of Stephanie I literally think WOW and others the total opposite. the other girls sometimes have inbetween-meh photos but not Steph. She's either one end of the scale or the other lol  

I can see that.  I felt that way about Loren too - sometimes she looked beautiful and other times her eyebrows and hair color looked so harsh. 

I think Stephanie is one of the prettiest. She does look really sinewy in the arms and chest, but the sleeves cover that.

Her hair is perfection and I think she's one of the few without some sort of clip ins or extensions.

i love that she doesn't have fake looking implants, too. Just about anything would look fake on her lean frame.

• Love 2

One of my oldest friends has looks similar to Stephanie.  A sort of feline-looking face with naturally curly hair and a lean figure.  Maybe that's why her looks have never bothered me!

I recall K & J being very impressed with how photogenic Stephanie was during her rookie cameo shoot. Her look has grown on me, & I think she's much prettier without the intensely red hair. 

As for the way we (including myself here) discuss/think about the girls' looks, I sometimes think it's ironic that we simultaneously pick apart girls who may not have the "DCC look" but then also criticize the team & directors for uniformity of the cheerleaders' appearance & valuing looks over other things like dance or intelligence. (Not just talking about what we say about Stephanie here, she's just the latest example.) There definitely are some DCC over the years who I favor less because I don't care for their looks somehow, but as others have said, Kelli does well to select a variety of girls to appeal to different people's tastes. I really do appreciate, though, that a team that embraces beauty standards as a rule of thumb sometimes does have girls who aren't as pretty. It suggests to me that they are chosen because they are great performers, & are beautiful & admirable people in terms of who they are & how they treat others. I think Jinelle could be an example of this, as there continues to be mixed reactions to her looks while she's considered "the full package" by the team. Also, the longer girls are on the team, the more they learn about styling their look to best advantage. I think Jenn K looks much prettier & more glamorous than her rookie season, when I recall some ambivalence about her appearance. Even this year, folks were debating if she should be point girl because not everyone thought she's beautiful. (Certainly, Whitney & Holly are tough acts for anyone to follow, for their dancing & looks.) Frankly, there are multiple TCCs this year that I don't yet find that pretty, even after makeovers, & I'm assuming at least some of them have sparkling personalities & performance skills that got them into camp. I also assume I will find some of them more attractive when the show airs, when I can see more than a couple tiny photos of them, & can get to see their personalities & dancing. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I recall K & J being very impressed with how photogenic Stephanie was during her rookie cameo shoot. Her look has grown on me, & I think she's much prettier without the intensely red hair. 

As for the way we (including myself here) discuss/think about the girls' looks, I sometimes think it's ironic that we simultaneously pick apart girls who may not have the "DCC look" but then also criticize the team & directors for uniformity of the cheerleaders' appearance & valuing looks over other things like dance or intelligence. (Not just talking about what we say about Stephanie here, she's just the latest example.) There definitely are some DCC over the years who I favor less because I don't care for their looks somehow, but as others have said, Kelli does well to select a variety of girls to appeal to different people's tastes. I really do appreciate, though, that a team that embraces beauty standards as a rule of thumb sometimes does have girls who aren't as pretty. It suggests to me that they are chosen because they are great performers, & are beautiful & admirable people in terms of who they are & how they treat others. I think Jinelle could be an example of this, as there continues to be mixed reactions to her looks while she's considered "the full package" by the team. Also, the longer girls are on the team, the more they learn about styling their look to best advantage. I think Jenn K looks much prettier & more glamorous than her rookie season, when I recall some ambivalence about her appearance. Even this year, folks were debating if she should be point girl because not everyone thought she's beautiful. (Certainly, Whitney & Holly are tough acts for anyone to follow, for their dancing & looks.) Frankly, there are multiple TCCs this year that I don't yet find that pretty, even after makeovers, & I'm assuming at least some of them have sparkling personalities & performance skills that got them into camp. I also assume I will find some of them more attractive when the show airs, when I can see more than a couple tiny photos of them, & can get to see their personalities & dancing. 

I completely agree!  When it comes down to it...the "DCC Look" is all about being polished.  There is really no specific look.  They have sexy, the girl next door, cute, gorgeous, exotic, etc.  It's all about variety!  If everyone danced or looked the same, the team would be so boring and generic.  Each and every one of them is beautiful and different in their own way.  I love seeing how the girls improve and blossom each season as they move up the ranks.  Shows how dedicated and passionate they truly are about representing the Dallas Cowboys!       

• Love 6
(edited)

I think Jenn K looks much prettier & more glamorous than her rookie season

Jenn had dark brown/black hair when she auditioned! Anyone else remember that? Hard to imagine that, now.

Edited by sleepyjean

Stephanie's shoulders snd upper arms give a bodybuilder-ish impression, and her face isn't the most feminine of faces either - when you put the two things together she does look manly IMO.   She could soften up her makeup and lighten up on the upper body weight training to help these things though.