Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

To me Jen K. is missing a sex appeal factor that most of the DCC have. She's very pretty, but just isn't what the typical guy would call "hot". I'm a straight female so I may be way off here, lol, but that's just my opinion of her look and how she comes across. Melissa is the same way - there were some swimsuit photos posted on one of the DCC twitters or instagrams recently and I thought she looked very non sexy in them - like something you'd see in an catalog trying to sell the swimsuit to women, not something in a calendar designed to appeal to men.

I had to laugh. In the middle of that crappy game tonight, there is Jennifer K tweeting away about watching The Voice.

http://twitter.com/DCC_Jennifer/status/674080385962086400

I wonder if the girls sometimes slip up flipping between personal, private accounts and DCC accounts. Or if it truly never crossed her mind that she shouldn't be tweeting proof that she isn't even watching the game.

I think Jennifer K is a great dancer for sure, but I agree I just do not get that glamour girl sex appeal thing from her at all. I'm sure she is just repeating Kelli and Judy's script when she talks about show group -- it just comes off really bad when one of the performers is saying it.

I guess I just don't get why people say it comes across badly for Jen to refer to the show group as an elite group of dancers when that's what it is. What show group does (or has the ability to do, since they don't do their show on the USO tour anymore) is super elite when you compare it to the normal DCC style. And I agree with others who have said it's probably Kelli and Judy phrasing it that way. Just food for thought, the company that I work for refers to anyone who sells over a certain amount annually as an elite salesperson. My co-workers don't side eye me when I'm referred to that way, and I doubt non-show group member DCCs side eye Jen K or anyone else who refers to show group as elite either. Just my opinion.

Edited by Oranaiche

It's just not how someone who is gracious -- one of their big buzz words -- word natural speak. It's obvious it is party line, and just comes off fake and weird. And the fact it happened two seasons in a row just makes it all the more obvious.

I mean, I sort of like her more now for not watching that dumpster fire of a football game!

I guess I just don't get why people say it comes across badly for Jen to refer to the show group as an elite group of dancers when that's what it is. What show group does (or has the ability to do, since they don't do their show on the USO tour anymore) is super elite when you compare it to the normal DCC style. And I agree with others who have said it's probably Kelli and Judy phrasing it that way. Just food for thought, the company that I work for refers to anyone who sells over a certain amount annually as an elite salesperson. My co-workers don't side eye me when I'm referred to that way, and I doubt non-show group member DCCs side eye Jen K or anyone else who refers to show group as elite either. Just my opinion.

100%

Sure, people might refer to others as "elite", but do people really go around your place of business saying "I am elite". That is my point -- it comes across differently when Kelli or Judy says it.

I doubt Jennifer K is some sort of raging elitist. Probably the opposite -- a good solider who tows the party line and says what they want her to say. It's just that the words they are putting in her mouth don't make her look that grey when she says them.

• Love 1

I kind of think when it's 16/17 girls out of 36 (or however many) that's hardly select enough to use the word "elite". It's like a little less than half of the girls are in show group - lol. Elite would be more like the top 10% or 3-4 girls. I'd use a phrase like "the ones who are the more technical and well-rounded dancers and performers", than I would elite - 45% of your squad can't be elite.

• Love 1

Well I guess the point I'm trying to make is that whether or not people on this board think "elite" is an appropriate word, I'm pretty sure it's a word Kelli and Judy have both used in relation to show group, and then it gets repeated. Seems silly to cite it as a reason to dislike one particular cheerleader, especially when they're the ones who probably put her in front of the camera to talk about the group. I think Jen K has demonstrated warmth and friendliness on the show on more than one occasion. But that's just my opinion and at this point I think we should all just agree to disagree.

Once again, please remember not everyone will like every girl. Please make your point and move on. If someone does not agree with you, please use the ignore button instead of trying to get the other person to agree with you. Thank you.

I really like Jen K. She is an excellent instructor and has maybe the best technique of anyone on the squad. She's very poised when speaking, and no doubt in my mind that that one interview where she was talking about the showgroup being the 'elite of the elite' (which is true), that she had been prepped and was prompted to say those exact words.

Probowl: I'm rooting for Danielle. Holly would be an excellent choice, too, but I just like Danielle's personality, plus she's gorgeous without being cookie cutter Barbie. As much as I like who I call the two Barbies - Holly and Jacie - I'd choose Danielle for pro bowl. It has to be so hard when you have so many girls who would be great for Pro Bowl. I think it will be Jacie next year.

• Love 2

When did Kinzie tear her ACL??? Wonder if she'll retire??

Kinzie Ryanne ‏@DCC_Kinzie 
Waking up this morning SO grateful for a smooth sailing ACL reconstruction surgery, and my super mom for taking the BEST care of me. ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 1

I don't care for Jen K as she seems like an annoying brown noser, however, I think she was just giving a description of what the group is all about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Agree..but I love her lol

Well I guess the point I'm trying to make is that whether or not people on this board think "elite" is an appropriate word, I'm pretty sure it's a word Kelli and Judy have both used in relation to show group, and then it gets repeated. Seems silly to cite it as a reason to dislike one particular cheerleader, especially when they're the ones who probably put her in front of the camera to talk about the group. I think Jen K has demonstrated warmth and friendliness on the show on more than one occasion. But that's just my opinion and at this point I think we should all just agree to disagree.

Agree..again.

When did Kinzie tear her ACL??? Wonder if she'll retire??

Not TOO long ago, but she hasn't been able to dance for a while. I don't think she will.

I'm no dancer, and I know this will be unpopular, but here goes: Holly doesn't really do it for me as point. At least, not compared to the most recent others. My faves were Nicole (girl had ATTITUDE with it), Mia (she was so energized to me) and Whitney (she looked like she was having so much fun). I feel Holly is a great DCC and she's enthusiastic, but she doesn't exude the overabundance of enthusiasm those three had (to me). Jacie doesn't seem as energized as well. 

I sure would have loved to see how Ashton would have been as the point.

I just got the tweet that Kinzie is recovering.  I'm thinking back to the videos Kelli posted of the kickline in training camp and remember all of us remarking that Kinzie was kicking low.  I wonder if she's been having problems that have gotten too hard too ignore.  My impressions of her (and this is aside from the fact that I want to be her in my next life!) is that she is very serious and committed to dance and would probably (like many dancers) continue to perform if her leg was on fire.  I hope this doesn't mean she will retire; she is one of my favorites.   I do imagine that the jump split must wreak havoc on those girls' legs & knees.

That is too bad about Kinzie...has she been able to perform in ANY games this season? I don't follow her on IG so I have no idea.  I've seen her in other girls' pics at appearances anyway.

I will be Team Holly Arielle forever :)  I think she is great as a point girl...my eyes always go to her because of her beauty and her energy.  She just seems to 'get it.' 

As noted by others though, lots of great girls who would be awesome as point and/or pro bowl.  Can't wait to see who gets PB!

I think Ashton could have been point if she'd stayed longer. 

That really suprised me, too. I thought Emma would be point for sure. I also thought Lauren Williams was a shoe in for point, but she kept hurting her knee. I thought Hannah was future point, too, but was cut after one season.

Jacie is arleady sort of the 'backup' 2nd point on long routines with multiple sections (Halloween, BCA, etc) or where there are two in center for sections (Thunderstruck), and some of the show group routines. Holly is vanilla alone, Jacie is lightly less vanilla - maybe French Vanilla LOL alone, Together, they're two Barbies and compliment each other well, and make just about everyone else look 'different' - not bad by any means, but just standing out as different.

• Love 1

Am I looking at the schedule right that there's only 2 more home games for the retiring cheerleaders?  Wonder when we'll get an idea of who's for sure leaving?

Yes. And "for sure?" Maybe not until the banquet.

• Love 1

The girls who go on the swimsuit calendar shoot and are chosen to be selected to be part of the next year Sideline Calendar usually are trying out again. Of course, they can change their minds aka Sydney and Angela.

The girls who go on the swimsuit calendar shoot and are chosen to be selected to be part of the next year Sideline Calendar usually are trying out again. Of course, they can change their minds aka Sydney and Angela.

They still may have their swimsuit shots taken and then get booted off :(

Like Ashley Pro. I saw the pics of her on instagram having her photo taken in Tulum, bought the swimsuit issue of Star as she and Brittney Schram were my favourites and couldn't figure out why she wasn't in it and then watched the last season and saw she didn't make it.

Kat has had her hair cut. https://www.instagram.com/p/_PMf7fEqpX/?taken-by=katkatrogers

I like it! I think it looks more professional. It did have a tendency to look a bit straggly, especially in her DCC portrait shot thingy.

Yeah, I like the shorter hair on Kat. She looks great. 

As for Holly Arielle, I like her and think that she's very pretty, but she has never stood out to me, like Mia or Ashton or Whitney. In the future, I could see Jennifer K, Erica, or Holly being point girls. 

I know a lot of people here don't like Holly P's figure but I think if she lasts several years she has the skills and presence to be an awesome point girl!  But I think if Holly Arielle retires this year Jacie is next with Jen K after.  And I LOVE Erica but I think they'd give point to Melissa before her.  And I do like Melissa too...she really is an incredible dancer with awesome presence. 

But yeah, Mia and Whitney were so awesome.  Whitney for as much as I was meh about her otherwise was one of THE most fun to watch.  As Kelli said once, Whitney just brings that extra pop.

• Love 1

Yeah, I like the shorter hair on Kat. She looks great. 

As for Holly Arielle, I like her and think that she's very pretty, but she has never stood out to me, like Mia or Ashton or Whitney. In the future, I could see Jennifer K, Erica, or Holly being point girls. 

Definitely can see Erica! Jenn, even though she's one of my favs, I couldn't see her as point.

Erica's tribute to her late father today on IG brought me to tears. She is absolutely one of my favorites...she is seriously an inspiration to me.  I hope she is with the squad for a long time!!

(sorry, not sure if her IG is still set on private)

Erica is one of my favorites.

Any news on Show Group leaving to visit the troops during the holiday season. The next home game is coming up Saturday. Are they waiting for football season to end before sending the girls out?

Erica is one of my favorites.

Any news on Show Group leaving to visit the troops during the holiday season. The next home game is coming up Saturday. Are they waiting for football season to end before sending the girls out?

Two groups of six each, one going to Japan and the other to Kuwait and Turkey. No dancing.

• Love 1