Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

It'll be interesting to see how Tasha's commercial modeling affects her calendar poses. I'm sure it'll help, but I'm also wondering if she'll come across as too rehearsed or if the commercial modeling will translate well to swimsuits. 

• Love 2

I hope the make up artist on the shoot decides to go against the pink lipstick she loves and gives her something great so that Kelli and Judy can say "NO MORE PINK LIPSTICK"

I'm with y'all on some of the gals being a little too lean. I know a lot of it is build, like how Kelli has a six pack that genetically many other women couldn't replicate, but part of me thinks a solid third of this crew would look amazing with an extra five pounds. 

Kelli says it best...five pounds on the waist takes five years off the face! 

I appreciate lean (Mandy) but some girls are looking just a bit stringy. There doesn't seem to be any curvier girls like Danielle, either. 

Edited by kalibean
Damn you, autocorrect.
  • Love 4
On 3/20/2017 at 8:28 PM, sleepyjean said:

khalynswim.jpg

I'm sorry but this is mess! Tess, Mandy, and Kelli Q are all way over tanned!  Tess's face looks orange, IMO.  I also wish she wouldn't have straightened her hair! When they told her to keep her curls I loved her, it separated her from Bess and Simone.  Now they all look alike! I think she needs her natural curl in this calendar! 

Khalyn's suit is ugly! And I'm dead at "potato head pink"

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 3

Still not changing my opinion of Tasha...I think she is adorable. Her IG story yesterday about her husband giving their daughter a waterbottle to take to school that said "put on some lipstick and hustle" made me laugh out loud.  

1 minute ago, Josreason said:

I'm sorry but this is mess! Tess, Mandy, and Kelli Q are all way over tanned!  Tess's face looks orange, IMO.  I also wish she wouldn't have straightened her hair! When they told her to keep her curls I loved her, it separated her from Bess and Simone.  Now they all look alike! I think she needs her natural curl in this calendar! 

Yeah, I loved Tess's curls for that reason...she looks way too much like Bess with straight hair.  

Hopefully they have more natural tans for the actual shoot because the orange is strong with these ones. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

I don't feel qualified to judge the appearance of any of these gals because I haven't worn a bikini since I saw six. And if I did, it would be like Godzilla invading Tokyo. People running and screaming in all directions.

Not DCC related but can I paraphrase your sentence above?  Something like "I don't wear a bikini because it would be like Godzilla invading Tokyo- people would be running and screaming in all directions."  I need it on a tshirt, it's my new summer motto!  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Originalroux said:

Not DCC related but can I paraphrase your sentence above?  Something like "I don't wear a bikini because it would be like Godzilla invading Tokyo- people would be running and screaming in all directions."  I need it on a tshirt, it's my new summer motto!  

Only if you make a second one for me! ?

• Love 1

A bit more optimistic about swimsuits from this video. Everyone looks great (though one suit Milan is wearing does look weird). 

Simone, Kashara, and Mandy are flirting with being "heavy". 

• Love 4

Aw that video was cute. Dang Kelsey can just rock any bikini. I loved the video ending with Holly dancing, she's adorbs.

I ❤️❤️❤️ Kashara! She reminds me of Schram with her down to earth personality but still playful and funny. If I had a chance to meet any of these ladies, it would be K. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I've seen her with a nude/pink glossy lip and it's SO much prettier. It takes years off her complexion.

She's by no means old but she's older than lots of DCCs, and as we age, generally, the less dramatic the look, the better. Of course, there are exceptions.

So when it's old-ass her at 28 (i'm being facetious here) or whatever and a bunch of fetuses, she can tend toward an older look if she's not careful with her hair and makeup. I think her hair color is great, and her makeup is always flawless, it's just that LIP!

She's 26ish, which honestly there have been a lot of DCCs over 25, and a lot of them have looked younger than her. It's just so strange how much styling can age someone, and it makes me chuckle a little that she's probably going for the opposite effect.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

I ❤️❤️❤️ Kashara! She reminds me of Schram with her down to earth personality but still playful and funny. If I had a chance to meet any of these ladies, it would be K. 

It is the Kentucky girl in her.  You can take the girl out of Kentucky, but you can't take the Kentucky out of the girl.  

My hubby and I lived in Louisville the year our oldest child (now a sophomore in college!) was born.  Kentuckians are hands down the nicest people anywhere we've ever lived.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

God are you serious?! 26? I know we've been over this a million times but child ain't gettin any younger. I will say that I don't necessarily mind that someone has an older look, it's just sort of shocking to me, that's all.

Yeah, she graduated high school in 2009 so assuming she was 18, that would make her 25 or 26 now depending on when her birthday is. It's kind of surprising because she does kind of look like she's 30ish to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

It is the Kentucky girl in her.  You can take the girl out of Kentucky, but you can't take the Kentucky out of the girl.  

My hubby and I lived in Louisville the year our oldest child (now a sophomore in college!) was born.  Kentuckians are hands down the nicest people anywhere we've ever lived.

Almost all of my mother's side of the family are from northern Kentucky (many moved to Dayton in the 1950s), so it's little wonder I like her so much. ?

• Love 1

Anyone know where they get these swimsuits? I actually love Holly's bright yellow one.... and Maggie's light blue. Not that I would look like that in them.. *smiles through the pain of always wanting french fries* 

• Love 3

I know Allie got the purple one from Becca Swim.

Also, yes Tasha is my age and looks about 5 years older.

11 minutes ago, autumdusk said:

Yeah no way she's 1-2 years older than me. I don't believe it. She's a *hard* 25/26.

It's partially because she's a mom, but my friend who's a mom that's a year older than me looks her age. 

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

It's partially because she's a mom, but my friend who's a mom that's a year older than me looks her age. 

Oh yeah...True, okay, I can understand that. I doubt kids really let you get much sleep haha.

Raylee has grown on me SO much...she is coming across a lot more poised and mature and DANG she is beautiful! 

I thought all the girls look great I just really hate KaShara's hair right now and some of the suits they picked for certain girls were horrid.  That one piece Tasha had on did NOTHING for her and Chantel's was gross.  

Can I have Kelli's abs please, thank you.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Totally. I looked at Yuko and sorta changed my previously cemented mind lol. She looked great. All of them did. I guess it goes to show how powerful good (and bad)  photos are! 

Yeah Yuko looked adorbs in the blue suit!  Made me want to shift my belly rolls out of the way so I could get up and order that bikini.  I must be the only one who doesn't seem the appeal of Raylee... I don't know but that weird color hair just seems stripperish to me (that plus the name).

Not sure about Allie - she should count her lucky stars that she made the team given her square figure.  She must be a great performer. She's adorable in real life I'm sure but by DCC standards, I get what Kelli was saying about her looking square

I chuckle when Kelli says small town beauty salons do not do a good job with hair color and hair cuts while makeovers during TC are going on. No offense Kelli, but after seeing the makeovers the girls get I would not be boasting about larger city salons doing a better job. I think the makeup and hair on the girls make them look older in a bad way and not have the All American Girl Next Door look. I would love to take the girls to where I get my hair cuts/hair color/highlights done at because the stylists there would do a much better job than the fancy place the DCCs and Training Camp Candidates go to. Sorry Kelli, but the wrong hair do along with too much makeup and tanning does not make for a good look.

Pretty sure all we have are small town salons around here unless you go to a supercuts and aint no one want to get their hair colored there.

No one had a wow makeover to me this past year, but I always enjoyed Rainier's (sp?) makeovers in the past. Even if I didn't necessarily care for the new style, he always made me laugh in how he wasn't afraid to go toe to toe with Kelli.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I also would like to know what Texas blonde means. Does this mean each state has their own version of blonde hair color? Ha!

Texas Blond(e)

1. An unnaturally blonde-haired female who does not have the other natural features typical in lighter-haired individuals such as light-colored eyes (blue, green, or gray).

2. A darker-haired lady with brown eyes who has dyed her hair blonde.

That blond(e) has brown eyes. She must be a Texas blond(e)!

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah Yuko looked adorbs in the blue suit!  Made me want to shift my belly rolls out of the way so I could get up and order that bikini.  I must be the only one who doesn't seem the appeal of Raylee... I don't know but that weird color hair just seems stripperish to me (that plus the name).

Not sure about Allie - she should count her lucky stars that she made the team given her square figure.  She must be a great performer. She's adorable in real life I'm sure but by DCC standards, I get what Kelli was saying about her looking square

Allie's best friend from college is Charlotte Jones' daughter Hayley so she's never getting cut. 

• Love 3

Interesting that Allie looked 'square' during auditions, but doesn't look square in the swimsuits. Milan is the one who looks oddly square. Maybe its the suits they picked for her. Tasha is a professional fit model and looked horrendous in that white one piece, so who knows.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Interesting that Allie looked 'square' during auditions, but doesn't look square in the swimsuits. Milan is the one who looks oddly square. Maybe its the suits they picked for her. Tasha is a professional fit model and looked horrendous in that white one piece, so who knows.

I was thinking the same thing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Yeah I don't know why they just picked on Allie for looking 'square'. Milan & Jessika are also quite straight  up and down. Which ain't a bad thing.. Everyone has different body shapes! 

7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Raylee has grown on me SO much...she is coming across a lot more poised and mature and DANG she is beautiful! 

I thought all the girls look great I just really hate KaShara's hair right now and some of the suits they picked for certain girls were horrid.  That one piece Tasha had on did NOTHING for her and Chantel's was gross.  

Can I have Kelli's abs please, thank you.  

I LOVE Raylee! I've always thought she was absolutely stunning but she is really coming into her own now. And yeah why did they give Kashara a mullet? Maggie is absolutely gorgeous! Like whoa! And LOVE Jinelle is that red suit! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Tess looks like she just has on a bra and panties in the first pic (red top, cream bottom), IMao.  I kinda like the first swimsuit that Jenna has on in black, but I don't like the nude colored one at all. Jinelle looks too thin IMO. I agree with those who said that Yuko is adorable. I don't care for Raylee's hair in these pics, but she is very photogenic. 

17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Tess looks like she just has on a bra and panties in the first pic (red top, cream bottom), IMao.  I kinda like the first swimsuit that Jenna has on in black, but I don't like the nude colored one at all. Jinelle looks too thin IMO. I agree with those who said that Yuko is adorable. I don't care for Raylee's hair in these pics, but she is very photogenic. 

That nude one on Jenna looks like it better be pasted on on bottom or one wrong move and she'll be flashing the world. Yuko looks adorable in the floral bikini and I heart Jinelle. And I'm starting to think next year may just be the Jenna show and not sure I'm happy with that

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Allie's best friend from college is Charlotte Jones' daughter Hayley so she's never getting cut. 

wha?  get out ... is that true?  yeah she aint getting cut if that's the case. Although for some reason I thought her special pull was that she was Holly's bff?

3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

wha?  get out ... is that true?  yeah she aint getting cut if that's the case. Although for some reason I thought her special pull was that she was Holly's bff?

10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I also would like to know what Texas blonde means. Does this mean each state has their own version of blonde hair color? Ha!

They just might!

I can't speak to Texas blonde, but Dallas blonde tends to be icier, more towards the platinum scale, versus the yellow blondes that come through. Think Loren pre makeover. Those blondes tend to get a bit brassy and the color and hair both look heavy. 

I've lived here way too long. (Also, I'm a redhead ??) 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Does this mean each state has their own version of blonde hair color? Ha!

11 minutes ago, kalibean said:

They just might!

Michigan blonde is the unfortunately skunky kind - as in, white blonde on top, with dark brown or black underneath that shows up in the middle as stripes.  Kind of like this girl, only not as cute:

main-qimg-2b5b35d21ebd153ca145d95a3ba257

Bonus points if you have Upper Peninsula radded bangs to go with it. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Holly has some strategic Bffs. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Tess has an odd suit, but she might have the best body on the team. They need to give her a bigger top. She looks even better than Kelsi and Stephanie to me.

Agreed, Tess looks fantastic! !  tan was a little orange for the shoot but i think it'll be fine by the time they get shooting. 

15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Could be why she made the team.

In all fairness, Allie is an INCREDIBLE dancer.  She had some clips on her IG stories last night for TBT and one was from her solo last year. So high energy and she just has a great performance quality.  I guess i could be giving too much benefit of the doubt but I think allie earned her spot and their only real concern was her build. 

I don't even see her and Holly hanging out much? I think they get a long like sisters but not BFF...Holly seems to hang out more with the girls closer to her age (Sam, etc.) 

• Love 3

Dangg I want Jinelle's body.

23 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agreed, Tess looks fantastic! !  tan was a little orange for the shoot but i think it'll be fine by the time they get shooting. 

In all fairness, Allie is an INCREDIBLE dancer.  She had some clips on her IG stories last night for TBT and one was from her solo last year. So high energy and she just has a great performance quality.  I guess i could be giving too much benefit of the doubt but I think allie earned her spot and their only real concern was her build. 

I don't even see her and Holly hanging out much? I think they get a long like sisters but not BFF...Holly seems to hang out more with the girls closer to her age (Sam, etc.) 

Yeah, I'm not even sure that they're friends anymore? I always see Allie hanging out with the Heathers.

Dangg I want Jinelle's body.

Edited by heatherrrrz