Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

It's possible Jinelle is natural. I'm super skinny with a 32D bust. I have no idea where they came from. I have been asked quite often if I paid for them. Nope.

I can tell you for a fact that Jinelle is natural. Her body is actually amazing. It's not fair. 

4 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wonder what happened to the boyfriend she left in Australia. They were dating for 5 years before she moved to Texas. Maybe she thought she'd only be a DCC for 1 season.

Not too sure about where she left things with the boyfriend but I think when she first went over to audition, I don't think she thought she would get to TC, let alone become a DCC. I can't imagine that they could maintain a long distance relationship for 4 years! 

I hope she stays until 5th year. Not sure if she plans on staying in the US or coming back to AUS straight away but I hope she utilises her visa and stays for another year. I would love to see her as group leader. She is actually one of the nicest & kindest people you will ever meet. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Thunderstruck ALWAYS gives me goosebumps!!!  Love the video!

Me too! I love it, and I think K&J would be mortified by my rendition  HA HA!  It isn't pretty AT ALL :-)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I get that for those that have the privilege of seeing it live, this has got to be old as hell. But I just watch this video and the following occurs:

1. I'm one giant goosebump

2. I'm pricing out ford trucks

3. I'm sending out for Bud Light for the superbowl party

4. I'm thinking the fourth attempt at Jenny Craig is gonna be the winner. I just didn't have the dedication before. Surely I can wear white shorts and a blue top (purchased from the official supplier of DCC merch-Wincraft-of course) this summer. That's SORT OF DCC, right?!

5. I THINK I've talked my husband in to staying at the Omni at The Star this summer when it opens to watch the boys practice.

This stuff is just unbelievable marketing power. Seriously. Like, what organization can I sit and berate when I disagree with them, but then create my fucking bathroom in the image of their damn locker room?! I know you lucky Texans are just like dying at Thunder, but the rest of us greenies still get nipple erections from it. Please. Let us HAVE THIS!!!

That's how I am with Disney. Yes, we are Disney people. I know. Anyway, I watched that stupid Christmas parade on tv with my daughter the other day. It's like one long advertisement for Disney world and the magic. By the end I was like "book me for a trip! Who cares how much it costs and if I can't pay my mortgage. Let's go to Disney World!"

• Love 2
10 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

That's how I am with Disney. Yes, we are Disney people. I know. Anyway, I watched that stupid Christmas parade on tv with my daughter the other day. It's like one long advertisement for Disney world and the magic. By the end I was like "book me for a trip! Who cares how much it costs and if I can't pay my mortgage. Let's go to Disney World!"

Hahah this is me with Disney, I feel sad anytime someone posts something bad about their experience. Totally off topic but I wanted so bad to do the college program but they pay like minimum wage and work 50-60 hour weeks so I'm like hell no nvm.

On 12/29/2016 at 2:44 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yeah I'd love to be called into anyone's freaking office with, "you're looking like you're a good 122, maybe 125. I hope you get that under control".

Yeah, I have Addison's disease. I weighed 118 when I was diagnosed in June 2015. I weigh 135 today. If I could just get off these darn steroids that keep me from dying! Dead or gaining weight? Going to choose the weight. Plus when I turned 40, it's like looking at food makes me gain weight. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

https://instagram.com/p/BOiB9A3B4gB/

So in addition to the DCC accolade jewelry of pinky ring, 5th year charm and pro bowl pinky (which comes from PB, not DCC), there's also a group leader pinky? I've never heard of this but it sounds like something they've been doing in recent years because Sydney loves hers and Misty wants to go buy one of her own.

Discussed in the media thread. 

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:22 PM, ByTor said:

Sorry to rain on the Danielle parade, but she's the one I don't get.  IMO she's so-so as a performer & for all I hear about Megan getting away with her weight issues, I don't recall Danielle ever not looking "soft."  The frog thing isn't helping matters, so I have to say her apparently nasty attitude makes me kinda glad she didn't get it.

I am totally with you! I really like Danielle and love her look but in no way would I ever hate on Jenn for getting it over her.  I think Jenn should get it!  She's so poised, a great speaker, seems to live / breathe DCC, and is a very talented dancer.  Yes, she's super controlled and not overly emotional (like most good leaders / ambassadors) but I don't think that makes her boring or anything negative.  If anything, I would love that trait in a leader ... someone poised, controlled and not emotional/ 

I love Danielle's look but honestly, she's never stood out as a performer for me so I'm not sure what makes her the must-be candidate.  Also not lovin the shade (if it was at the PBC decision) ... kind of petty and rude to be honest.  No need for anyone to be snarky and hurtful about it.  That's not a quality that represents DCC well ... nor does it show good leadership IMHO. Again this is assuming that it was aimed at the decision (which to be honest would really surprise me because it's so déclassé I can't imagine anyone doing that under K+J watchful eye!)

Edited by tobeyoungagain
editing
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 4:12 PM, LaurenBrook said:

YES.  When I look at a team pic and all the rookies from this year it is really hard to pick someone as a stand out...last year I felt like it was super obvious early on even that KaShara would get it.  Which rookies received the abbey bear this season? that is sometimes telling... maybe Yuko? 

I would love for it to be Maddie...did you guys see this clip from Michelle's class last week?! Maddie is in the Adidas jacket. She's so incredible!! 

wow!  I'm so curious ... what happened btw 2015 and 2016?  I feel like in 2015, she was so meh as a performer and this past year BAM!  It was the Maddie stage ... I'm so so impressed by the change .. what happened???

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:01 PM, HowdeeDo said:

I think Holly is 19 or 20, and there are so many options for SL but I don't see Megan as one of them with her weight issues this year. If she reauditions and it isn't brought up then I will be thoroughly confused since there are vets cut these days for less noticeable gains. 

ETA: This isn't to say I want her to be cut. She's a phenomenal dancer and I think she brings a lot to the squad, I just don't see her dance abilities making up for her gain. 

I am a firm believer that Megan should absolutely be cut for her weight gain (same treatment as all the women who have been chastised or cut for not abiding by the contract and gaining a couple pounds) ... have there been recent pictures of her?  We're pretty deep in the season so she should have lost some of that extra love by now. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Maddie met Holly, and it was all over after that. Wallflower Maddie is history.

I thought Madeline became friends with Holly during their 1st TC go-around.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Lol. Yes, please let Wallflower Maddie never return. I think the technique and skill were there in 2015. The difference I see now is confidence. I can't believe that crunkin', poopin, booty shaking, dance slayer, Show group Maddie version 2016 is the same goth, got cut at trading camp, Maddie 2015 version. What a difference a year makes. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

Lol. Yes, please let Wallflower Maddie never return. I think the technique and skill were there in 2015. The difference I see now is confidence. I can't believe that crunkin', poopin, booty shaking, dance slayer, Show group Maddie version 2016 is the same goth, got cut at trading camp, Maddie 2015 version. What a difference a year makes. 

Same. I don't think it was never there, I just think she was a little immature the first year she tried out and definitely should have built up confidence before auditioning and killing it like she has this year.

3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Local girl Mads has ALWAYS been an amazing dancer...always.  Holly's terrific but let's not take Maddie's shine by implying it was all Holly. That's kinda unfair & negates all the hard work Madeline did to adapt her dancing to the DCC style. Utah has a strong dance community.  There are plenty of resources here, which helped her grow/develop her craft. 

IMO- Mads hip hop dancing is the BEST of the DCC...including better than Holly.  She has always isolated her moves, is fluid & fast.  She studies back-up dancers (Justin T'Lakes whom she emulates...)doesn't do the weird facial mugging or pursed sexy lips which goes against the style.  She spent a year teaching (still does when in town) & growing from a shy, insecure hs graduate to DCC showgroup.  

Let me offer this lil nugget; we haven't seen anything yet from Madeline.  She's quite the complete package.  I know Mads thru her Mom...a former Jazz dancer.  She's teeny tiny yet powerful.  She's articulate from having to speak in church which is a common Mormon thing. (I'm not LDS, but quite familiar with this church from growing up behind the Zion curtain). She super sweet & LIKABLE.  

My only wish is that she stays with the DCC long enough to fully realize her potential.  Utah has sent several lovely ladies to the DCC (Hello Tobey, Courtney & Tasha) yet Madeline (imo) is truly the one who could take it the furthest!

• Love 8

I saw a picture in one of the calendars of Megan and felt sorry for her because it wasn't as flattering to her as it could be because it spotlighted her weight gain.  The picture was that the girls were in a line and all the girls were faded out to indistinguishability except for her.  She seems to be the type of the girl who, if they gain weight, it shows in their face and neck as well as in their midsection.  I'm like that.  If I gain weight, I show it in my face and neck almost before anywhere else and if I lose weight, it shows in my face and neck almost before anywhere else.

• Love 2

Speaking of Madeline and Holly, Michelle Keys posted an instagram video of those 2 and Jenna dancing a hip hop routine a few days ago (can't link to it right now) but all 3 looked good. 

I also think the hair change helped Madeline. That may sound shallow and silly, but sometimes a new (and much improved in her case) hairdo can do wonders for confidence. The brown curls/waves are SO much better than that awful goth look that she had last year.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I am a firm believer that Megan should absolutely be cut for her weight gain (same treatment as all the women who have been chastised or cut for not abiding by the contract and gaining a couple pounds) ... have there been recent pictures of her?  We're pretty deep in the season so she should have lost some of that extra love by now. 

I feel terrible for saying anything about Megan but all the girls called into the office / cut for weight gain and looking soft weren't as bad as what Megan looks like. I'm wondering what the deal is. However, I have read that K and J play favorites and look the other way at weight gain...

• Love 2

Meredith Oden, IIRC, got away with being heavier than many other DCCs for many years, so I don't think it's a first time that one of the favorites has gotten away with it. It's possible that Megan has received many weight warnings, and we just havent seen them. 

2 hours ago, Annette said:

IMO- Mads hip hop dancing is the BEST of the DCC...including better than Holly.  She has always isolated her moves, is fluid & fast.  She studies back-up dancers (Justin T'Lakes whom she emulates...)doesn't do the weird facial mugging or pursed sexy lips which goes against the style.  

Which is why Madeline (IMO) looks like dancing comes more naturally to her & the she doesn't need showboaty gimmicks to get her noticed.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I am totally with you! I really like Danielle and love her look but in no way would I ever hate on Jenn for getting it over her.  I think Jenn should get it!  She's so poised, a great speaker, seems to live / breathe DCC, and is a very talented dancer.  Yes, she's super controlled and not overly emotional (like most good leaders / ambassadors) but I don't think that makes her boring or anything negative.  If anything, I would love that trait in a leader ... someone poised, controlled and not emotional/ 

I love Danielle's look but honestly, she's never stood out as a performer for me so I'm not sure what makes her the must-be candidate.  Also not lovin the shade (if it was at the PBC decision) ... kind of petty and rude to be honest.  No need for anyone to be snarky and hurtful about it.  That's not a quality that represents DCC well ... nor does it show good leadership IMHO. Again this is assuming that it was aimed at the decision (which to be honest would really surprise me because it's so déclassé I can't imagine anyone doing that under K+J watchful eye!)

Where did Danielle make this comment about PBC? I couldn't find anything on Twitter.

5 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I HATE that I see Megan's weight when I see Megan. I have sworn an oath to refrain from ripping on her for it. But I will say, it's OUT OF CONTROL, by DCC standards. By everyday people standards, she's jaw dropping perfect. I don't understand K&J making this exception either.

I've even noticed in some photos Megan's they're covering her stomach and midriff area with Poms  and/or a prop of some sort. I really don't like to speak about weight. I hate judging girls for being a "normal" sized person, but when you even start "hiding" her behind things, that's scary. So, this is a strange question. Is she pregnant? That would explain her weight and them not saying things. Seems very unlikely with the workouts, but you never know.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Where did Danielle make this comment about PBC? I couldn't find anything on Twitter.

I think she's still referring to the frog and tea emoji on twitter, meaning "that's none of my business" posted after the PBC announcement. 

4 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

I've even noticed in some photos Megan's they're covering her stomach and midriff area with Poms  and/or a prop of some sort. I really don't like to speak about weight. I hate judging girls for being a "normal" sized person, but when you even start "hiding" her behind things, that's scary. So, this is a strange question. Is she pregnant? That would explain her weight and them not saying things. Seems very unlikely with the workouts, but you never know.

I noticed the dreaded double chin on a few selfie photo's of Megan. Her weight has unfortunately increased, noticeably so.  It's a peculiar predicament that K & J find themselves in.   Their hypocrisy is disappointing.

• Love 1

I don't think anyone's saying that Maddies ability is only there because of Holly? She's obviously a fantastastic dancer, otherwise she wouldn't have been picked for TC in the first place. 

I think Holly has managed to instill some confidence in Mads from TC 2015 to TC 2016, because they're close Hollys obviously told Mads exactly what to expect. That must have done wonders for her confidence. She was honestly like a different girl training camp the second time round. Was a bit meh about her before, LOVE her now 

• Love 7

In clothes, Megan looks perfect. I want her body. In the uniform, not so much. If it's to the point where fans in the stadium are calling her "the fat cheerleader" don't you think K&J should say something to her?

Edited by heatherrrrz
meant in the stadium not on here lol
24 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Preach. I've heard that Kitty has even said stuff. Not that that's like "Omigod! KITTY said something brutally honest?!" But you know, the organization knows. Fix it already.

Exactly ... I mean it's been a couple months now so she's had time to get her ish together and fix it!  I get genetics and whatnot but she really has gotten to the point where I can see people calling her the fat cheerleader.  She looks amazing in normal people clothes but in that skimpy outfit???  No one is trying to see the jiggle wiggle ... she basically looks "human" and like a "normal, average" woman (gasp!). .. that's the worst insult to a DCC lol.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Off topic, but the daughter of one of my sorority sisters was Jasmine at WDW a couple of years ago.  Said it was an amazing experience.

so jealous! I'm too tall to be friends with a princess

20 hours ago, Jess14 said:

“...IIRC,..."

???????

17 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She didn’t.  It was Jasmine.

3 hours ago, spazette said:

If Megan is now considered "normal average woman" for her all of 120 pounds, I must be a freaking elephant. 

Nyah you're perfect :)

I meant she has the characteristics of a normal average woman (e.g., the extra love)!  She's also in her early 20s and dances a gazillion calories consistently so her lifestyle and father time is all working in her favor.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 2:44 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yeah I'd love to be called into anyone's freaking office with, "you're looking like you're a good 122, maybe 125. I hope you get that under control".

well I HIGHLY doubt Megan is 120... I've been to games recently. The girl is NOT 120. If I had to guess I would say at least 150-155, she is very tall

LOL I'd still love to be whatever weight she is LOL

ooops, I didn't mean to quote you  @QuiteContraryMoni  :-)

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Thanks for "translating" that.  I never understand what some of those abbreviations mean.

You're welcome, there are still acronyms I don't know and I've been posting in forums for longer than I care to remember.

Anyone have any idea how tall Megan is? Just curious, and any links to recent pics would be appreciated too bc I can't always pick the girls out in pics and I suck at finding them on social media.

4 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

You're welcome, there are still acronyms I don't know and I've been posting in forums for longer than I care to remember.

Anyone have any idea how tall Megan is? Just curious, and any links to recent pics would be appreciated too bc I can't always pick the girls out in pics and I suck at finding them on social media.

I've been trying to search for her height before and can't find it.

Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Megan is in the middle of the kickline and usually on the 50 behind point (I know Erica is there on Thunderstruck). She's probably one of the 5'9 or 5'10 girls. 

wow that IS tall!  I would so love to be that tall lol ...

24 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

wow that IS tall!  I would so love to be that tall lol ...

It's not all it's cracked up to be. If Megan is my height, then her boyfriend must be really tall.

@tobeyoungagain Yes, I'm a pretty perfect version of what I am lol. :)

nah, all I meant was that outside the dance world, (to me anyway) 120 pounds is still small, especially for someone who is in my guess 5'8"-5'10". I know dancers live by totally different standards than us regular Janes, though!!  

12 minutes ago, spazette said:

@tobeyoungagain Yes, I'm a pretty perfect version of what I am lol. :)

nah, all I meant was that outside the dance world, (to me anyway) 120 pounds is still small, especially for someone who is in my guess 5'8"-5'10". I know dancers live by totally different standards than us regular Janes, though!!  

God I wish I was 120 pounds at my height. If what I weigh is considered Obese for my height by BMI, then 120 is probably anorexic.

9 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

If I weighed 120 pounds, I'd be a size 0 and I'd be so freaking hot. Omg. I'm just trying to get to 130. 

Poor Megan. I love her, but that uniform is just brutal. 

LMAO!! LOVE this!

I think it would take more that weight to make me " freaking hot" hahaha