Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

THAT I liked. Maybe it's just cause it was Erica. But the choreo made sense to me. CERSTEN. Jebus!! She can MOVE.

And Stephanie, IMO, stood out in a not so good way.

ETA: Or, as @Jess14 and @ClosetBachJunkie said :)  

Also...Holly...try staring at that camera a little more, I don't think you noticed it was there.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I guess I am the only person who would love to see Jenna get point if she does come back another season. 

For some reason I have decided Jenna is not one of my favorites anymore.  I liked her in her rookie and second year.  She just seems hard now.

• Love 3

I usually like Holly's dancing because she makes it look so effortless, but this is one of the times she overdoes it FAR to much.  It either look like she's out of control or has far too MUCH control and it's not fun to watch.  The hamming it up isn't helping either.  Maybe it's the actual dance I don't like and not the dancer.

• Love 2

I liked Maddies combo from her class yesterday and was glad there were so many DCC there to support her. I have seen a few videos. My favorite so far is the one with Allie and you can see Raylee in the back. Those two really did well with the choreo in my opinion. I love Holly but I don't think this choreo suites her style very well. That or she was going a bit over the top. I saw Cailas video and it was ok, sometimes she loses me with her facials. Still a fan. 

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Holly seems to have dropped a couple of pounds.

She has. I mean, she isn't doing anything else..so she's just dancing and working out all the time. Makes sense to drop pounds.

• Love 2

Stephanie looked like she was learning the choreography. She's a lot better than that video.

Holly. Bootylicious. ????

i did not recognize her. She looks about 10 shades too dark and 20 years older. She also slopped that choreography all over the place. Madeline executed it 1000x better. You could actually see she was isolating and being precise, while killing it hip hop style. Holly looked like she was slinking it for a pole, and the rent was due and the babies need fed. 

Simmer down Holly.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Holly dancing like no one is watching... lol just kidding 

haha to each their own - I love how she looks at the camera in this! Ugh, watching her dance is like an emotional experience for me.  Get it, girl!!! I would subscribe to a youtube channel of just her and maddie doing choreo lol

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I liked Maddies combo from her class yesterday and was glad there were so many DCC there to support her. I have seen a few videos. My favorite so far is the one with Allie and you can see Raylee in the back. Those two really did well with the choreo in my opinion. I love Holly but I don't think this choreo suites her style very well. That or she was going a bit over the top. I saw Cailas video and it was ok, sometimes she loses me with her facials. Still a fan. 

Allie did look great doing it! Raylee was boring, I couldn't get myself to watch her over Allie.  (and I like Raylee and think she is a cute dancer) 

• Love 5

Love Holly no matter what she does. Loved her from the first day of auditions. I feel she "performs" the choreo instead of just dancing it well. Now is this the right energy for a cheerleader on the sidelines.....maybe not (but apparently she reels it in for that). But that is the kind of performance that would get her noticed in an audition, especially for something like Broadway or backup dancer for B or Britney. She demands your attention and doesn't apologize for it. That may rub some people the wrong way and that I understand. But it rubs me the right way! 

#ShoutOutToJohnnyGill

#GirlCrush

#IUsedToDanceTheSameWay

• Love 13
1 minute ago, exitstageleft said:

Love Holly no matter what she does. Loved her from the first day of auditions. I feel she "performs" the choreo instead of just dancing it well. Now is this the right energy for a cheerleader on the sidelines.....maybe not (but apparently she reels it in for that). But that is the kind of performance that would get her noticed in an audition, especially for something like Broadway or backup dancer for B or Britney. She demands your attention and doesn't apologize for it. That may rub some people the wrong way and that I understand. But it rubs me the right way! 

#ShoutOutToJohnnyGill

#GirlCrush

#IUsedToDanceTheSameWay

YES! This.  I love her confidence!! 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

#ShoutOutToJohnnyGill

#GirlCrush

#IUsedToDanceTheSameWay

This is what I'm trying to say about this particular routine. You are spot on. 

Also, as soon as I read rub you the right way I said "Johnny Gill reference" before I read shoutout ?? I love it!

• Love 3

If i hadn't seen Maddie doing the choreography with such precision,  I would've thought Holly was writhing again, but doing it correctly. 

I seriously feel liked it's becoming a Holly vs Jenna thirsty showboat contest lately. They look desperate and are just going to wear themselves out and pave the way for somebody else with some self control to step forward.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If i hadn't seen Maddie doing the choreography with such precision,  I would've thought Holly was writhing again, but doing it correctly. 

I seriously feel liked it's becoming a Holly vs Jenna thirsty showboat contest lately. They look desperate and are just going to wear themselves out and pave the way for somebody else with some self control to step forward.

I agree too. I feel like there's a few of them who are a little too "showboaty". It's like a look at me! Look how pretty I look! Look how talented I am! Kind of thing that most of them do, even the beloved Erica is guilty of it but it is far worse from Holly P and Jenna and others . I've always liked those DCC's who fly under the radar and don't always feel the need to "showboat"...good word @RazzleberryPie

• Love 1

I like hollys dancing overall with this combo, but the "come hither" hip roll... we get it holly, you're hot lol.

I really enjoyed watching Caila, Allie, and surprisingly cristi fisher last night. I thought raylee was outdanced by little Heather h. All did well, but out of that group of potential reaudition-ers (aside from Caila) raylee was the least entertaining.

• Love 3

I first saw the video on allie's Instagram and thought Raylee looked good. Then I watched the same choreo on Raylee's Instagram where she is dancing next to heather and heather definitely out danced her in that performance. She's still stunning though. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha to each their own - I love how she looks at the camera in this! Ugh, watching her dance is like an emotional experience for me.  Get it, girl!!! I would subscribe to a youtube channel of just her and maddie doing choreo lol

Allie did look great doing it! Raylee was boring, I couldn't get myself to watch her over Allie.  (and I like Raylee and think she is a cute dancer) 

yeah I really like Holly but I'm a bit over her oversexualized slinky moves.  It's like she has to make every about sex.  It reaches a point where I'm like oh for fk sakes, just get on the floor and grind for coins.  I feel like she treats dance as a way for people to want her or to think she's sexy and not as a fun form of art

• Love 7

I remember Judy or Kelli saying there was something "raunchy" about Vivians dancing but have to wonder how they haven't came to the same conclusion with Hollys. I guess they turn a blind eye to teachers pets. 

Edited by DancingDina13
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, DancingDina13 said:

I remember Judy or Kelli saying there was something "raunchy" about Vivians dancing but have to wonder how they haven't came to the same conclusion with Hollys. I guess they turn a blind eye to teachers pets. 

I think that's coded language for she actually has boobs (that move) and a butt.

I don't think Holly oversexualizes DCC choreography. Nor is she dancing very raunchy. She's a showboater, and I love that about her. There's just something about her that I love. It's probably her confidence because damn I wish I was half as confident as her. She's a fan favorite, anytime there's photos of her even with other people on the DCC fb or instagram everyone is always talking about Holly. 

24 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't think Holly oversexualizes DCC choreography. Nor is she dancing very raunchy. She's a showboater, and I love that about her. There's just something about her that I love. It's probably her confidence because damn I wish I was half as confident as her. She's a fan favorite, anytime there's photos of her even with other people on the DCC fb or instagram everyone is always talking about Holly. 

And she is still so darn NICE.  She will still go and like my pictures every so often or respond but never make a big deal out of it.  

• Love 9
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

And she is still so darn NICE.  She will still go and like my pictures every so often or respond but never make a big deal out of it.  

Right? She dmed me on Twitter to thank me for wishing her a happy birthday. Like girl is super sweet. She went to the hospital yesterday to visit her two favorite patients and give them a toy. She's always posting about prayers for one of the patients, she's literally one of the sweetest girls ever.

15 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

I'm a fan of Holly's dancing! 

There are 8 girls retiring. I know Megan and Melissa are retiring. According to social media we have Jennifer, Jessica, and Danielle?

WHAT?? How do you know this?

44 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

There are 8 girls retiring. I know Megan and Melissa are retiring. According to social media we have Jennifer, Jessica, and Danielle?

Megan and Melissa retiring???  I really like Melissa too ... but that girl is on her way to doing big things so I totally get the retirement.

1 hour ago, iwtv123 said:

Receipts or I ain't buying it. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, iwtv123 said:

Thank you for the inside information @iwtv123.  You mention that eight current DCC will be retiring, but your list only includes five names, Melissa, Megan, Jennifer, Jessica, and Danielle.  Who are the other three?

I agree with the decisions of all of the women who decided to retire.  Megan was given a lot of grief this year, and she is from southern California and probably just wants to come home.  The Rams and/or Chargers could use you Megan!  

Melissa clearly has a professional focus in her science and research career, and is ready to make that her full-time priority.  And Jennifer, Jessica, and Danielle have already enjoyed the DCC experience as fully as anyone can, what more is left for them?

I wonder if the other three retirees will come from the first- or second- year class?

I have said this before but Holly isn't just a dancer, she is a full-on performer, character, and actress when she dances.  I like that she has fun with it, and makes it enjoyable for the audience.  Keep up the good work girl!

Finally, I mentioned this after my daughter attended the DCC Camp at Oxnard this summer, and I had the opportunity to see the women perform in person.  Those who spring up larger and better in person as performers include Jennifer, Jenna, Amy T., Melissa, Mandy, and Holly.  

The two who were, in person, just a little less exciting as performers were Jinelle (though she is one of my team favorites) and Erica (a team star).  I think that perhaps I just expected so much from these two, that they could not live up to the expectations I had set up for them.  Erica is definitely among the 3-4 most beautiful, photogenic, articulate, and telegenic representatives on the current team; but in person - for me - her dancing had just a little less oomph (!) than that of some of the other women in Show Group.

I need receipts too but...I can see both of them retiring. If they come back again at their current size, they do run the risk of getting cut. Especially if Mays auditions are full of skinny toned "rockstars"  For both of them being show group members it would be a travesty to end their DCCs years in that manner.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I wonder if Yuko will stay or not. She seems to be having SUCH a hard time in this country. To be fair, 95% of Americans are having a hard time in this country for one reason or another lol. But from that sweet video with her visiting the elementary school, she just seemed so sad and the school rep said she was having a tough time with the language barrier and adjusting. I just wonder if she'll stay or give in and go home. I don't really see her at prep classes or hanging with anyone, I wonder if she's just sort of isolated or if that's just how it looks from the outside.....

Is she living on her own or still staying with Natalie Woods?  Where can I find that video?

23 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

robin posted on instagram that she accepted a job as an anchor with the nightly news. That could mean retirement

Good for Robin! It doesn't look like a network affiliate, so maybe it's something she just wants to do in the offseason to build her experience and go on to bigger and better things once she really retires (wishful thinking on my part because I want her around as long as possible)!

• Love 5
On 2/7/2017 at 11:45 AM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I LOVED Court's hair. I just loved Court. Funny, I loathed her until she was gone. I mean, I liked her, then I loathed her for the new flotation devices, then I found out she was hurting and I loved her again.

Here's some good news about Courtney; she's doing GREAT!  Health & personal life in order.  It's wonderful to see young women with actual lives after DCC.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Good for Robin! It doesn't look like a network affiliate, so maybe it's something she just wants to do in the offseason to build her experience and go on to bigger and better things once she really retires (wishful thinking on my part because I want her around as long as possible)!

ntTV is North Texas Television at UNT. It's a university news station, so it could be workable with DCC off-season or temporary. Great job Robin!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

so much this.  Every time I have ever seen her, whether it's on MTT or even just in casual snaps, it seems like she is doing the best she can to cheer everyone on and support the girls around her.  I love her showboat and feel like it's an extension of her energy and a dynamic, happy, optimistic personality - and even beyond this, she has the skills to back it up and make it fun to watch.  Love, love, love!

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Annette said:

Here's some good news about Courtney; she's doing GREAT!  Health & personal life in order.  It's wonderful to see young women with actual lives after DCC.

So glad to hear this!  Curly Courtney always seems like such a good soul and sweet person.  

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Who is Cristi?

She's a current AAIA dancer and has a great possibility of trying out. 

Haha. Yes I know I only named 5. I can count. I don't know who the other three are. My friend took Michelle's class when Maddie was teaching. She overheard some girls talking. She couldn't hear everything. Megan got a job offer in Arizona? She overheard something about this but not 100% sure. But yes she did in fact hear that Megan and Melissa are retiring.

Edited by iwtv123
  • Love 6

I can see Megan retiring, besides a job offer is better than constantly being berated for your weight as a professional dancer.

1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

What's her new job? I can berate her for her weight as a marketing rep or something instead? I keed I keed.

lol idk probably something closer to what she went to school for than cheerleading, since that isn't a major. But you know, she also could have gone for her MRS degree...

23 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

Haha. Yes I know I only named 5. I can count. I don't know who the other three are. My friend took Michelle's class when Maddie was teaching. She overheard some girls talking. She couldn't hear everything. Megan got a job offer in Arizona? She overheard something about this but not 100% sure. But yes she did in fact hear that Megan and Melissa are retiring.

Thank you @iwtv123  (i watch t.v. 123).  I knew that you could count :), but I was just hoping that you might know who the other three are and be willing to divulge their names.  I wonder if the three are current DCC who think that they are in danger of being cut, and want to forego that possibility?  Or just three DCC who have big life changes on the horizon (like Megan with a job this year, or Mary with her wedding plans last year) and need to step off and onto a new path.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Two questions for one of you lovely ladies:

1.  Does anyone have a photo of the rookie ring?  I'm curious to see what it looks like and haven't had any luck looking online

2.  All of these dance classes the DCCs attend - do they have to pay for them?

Thanks!

Simple gold band with DCC etched in it, and all DCC receive them their rookie year, so I don't really concider it a "rookie ring". I wonder if there will ever be a cheerleader to have a group leader ring (since that's a thing now/Jenna's twitter), pro bowl ring, and super bowl ring? 

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

3 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

They have to successfully complete their first year though to get that ring. Like, I don't think the girl with hands like "Texas Mud" got one. Of course, I can't remember her name. Even though I was JUST discussing her the other day on here. Yall know me with names by now though.

That narrows it down to about 30 people.