Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Goodness, was this their only rehearsal for the show tomorrow? For the special halftimes how many practices does it usually take to get it down...With an early start tomorrow they're going to be exhausted. 

18 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

They had rehearsal earlier this week as well. Bless their hearts (not southern sarcasm)

I wasn't impressed with the choreo at all.  The girls weren't given very much screen time at all.  In fact, the shots of the girls were so bad I could barely tell who was who.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I wasn't impressed with the choreo at all.  The girls weren't given very much screen time at all.  In fact, the shots of the girls were so bad I could barely tell who was who.

Well, they're there for added "fluff" for whoevers performing. Even though the choreo is just copied from everything else they do, it still works and looks better than what other teams cheerleader do IMO. With that being said I hope they continue to go into the direction of incorporating new choreo. Thunderstruck has been around for what...8 years now? Even if a they do a new pregame and it's sloppy for the first season, I'm burnt out on thunderstruck. I could probably perform it (though not as good) myself. 

The only glimpse I got was of Holly in the front of the group that got to perform in the middle for a bit. Foreshadowing....?

• Love 2

UGH, she's so good. So good. If she's not in front next year color me surprised. I don't care about seeing someone "cute". Give me showstopper any day. She doesn't stand out in a bad way, she's just straight up fun to watch. 

• Love 6

Everything about hollys movements are just SO big yet graceful. I agree it is hard to take your eyes off her. 

While I would personally love to see holly as point next year, only time will tell. Plus point is circulated each performance. Hollys (H) last two years she was always thunderstruck point but not necessarily point for halftime formations. Holly (P) will always have her moments, don't you worry but let's not get our hopes up.

• Love 2

If Jenn K leaves and Holly P. stays, I truly do believe Holly P. will be point.   The rest of those girls look like pastel/vanilla/blending backup dancers compared to her in the clip above.   Holly P. just makes everyone else look bad.

• Love 3

I think so too. I think JennK will retire and Holly will surpass Jenna for the thunderstruck point, which is what we see more than anything.

BTW - halftime - I think they did fine. Same traditional moves, but they were just supposed to be complimenting the headliner, not starring in the show themselves. Eric Church is pretty, but sounded so monotone and also off key. At least he sang live I guess.

• Love 2

Like I said, I'd love to see Holly up there but we'll just have to wait and see. 

Yes they performed "typical" DCC moves. @RazzleberryPie hit the nail on the head, it was meant to high light Eric church not their skill. I personally preferred Luke Bryan. His more pop/country sound and stage presence compliments DCC and the cowboys overall much better.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think so too. I think JennK will retire and Holly will surpass Jenna for the thunderstruck point, which is what we see more than anything.

BTW - halftime - I think they did fine. Same traditional moves, but they were just supposed to be complimenting the headliner, not starring in the show themselves. Eric Church is pretty, but sounded so monotone and also off key. At least he sang live I guess.

Is Jenna a 5 or 4 year vet? If 5 do you think she'll retire or come back for a another season?

Just now, MrsEVH said:

Is Jenna a 5 or 4 year vet? If 5 do you think she'll retire or come back for a another season?

Jenna is five years. She pretty much Sydney's 'twin' in my opinion (I'm neutral on both, so that's not a dig). It wouldn't surprise me if she stayed another year or if she retired at five. I sort of get a gist that she is debating retiring - based on being there five, having been rotated at point, finishing school, and then the whole Dak rumors - she may be ready to move on. 

Luke Bryan has fun songs and the country/pop suits him. He's a great fit for DCC. Eric Church is cute, but his vocals last night were awful.

• Love 1

I sometimes wonder if someone in the DCC organization reads our comments on this forum.  If so, thank you.

Last week I posted the Cowboys photo gallery of the DCC's gameday (versus Ravens), as well as DCC photos from the Houston Chronicle, and suggested that the team seemed to lack its usual spirit and precision in those photos.  Well what a difference a week makes, because this week's DCC photo gallery of the Thanksgiving game is terrific, particularly look at those photos of the kickline and jumpsplit.  Yesterday the Dallas Cowboys and the DCC both put in world-class performances.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/11/24/dcc-redskins-vs-cowboys

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/11/24/dcc-redskins-vs-cowboys#399061

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/11/24/dcc-redskins-vs-cowboys#399056

Is DCC KaShara Garrett related to Cowboys coach Jason Garrett?

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2

That is a stunning picture of Simone that was posted earlier. 

I also could see Holly being point next year, either her Jenna, Erica, or Melissa.

Speaking of Jenna, she is such a fun performer to me. She is probably my favorite on the team. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:04 PM, heatherrrrz said:

Someone's kicks are really low

Also, Megan looks super bloated in the kick line pics and Amy does too.

I think you're being kind with the word "bloated" ... Megan is NOT uniform ready. She's gorgeous and a helluva performer but seriously??? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Kelsey is so good for having little dance experience, Steph just out dances her by far lol

This. The other who look like they're trying to keep with with Stephanie. She is blowing this out of the water. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Kelsey, and don't remember the blond girl, but Kelsey just isn't as powerful and doesn't finish moves like Stephanie does. Stephanie picks up all the intricacies, too. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Came up on my Instagram. I love watching Stephanie dance, she has SO much power.

kelsey lowrance and Sheridan are here too.

Steph is dynamite! Love watching her dance. The year she made it, they hardly focused on her in TC and I was trying to understand why she made it. Then I saw clips of her dancing. She's definitely a powerhouse.

Kelsey doesn't have as much dance experience, and it shows. But that's why you take classes, to keep improving. She's definitely a "take home" girl (as K&J like to say) :)

Edited by SopranoKris
  • Love 2

My thing is ive seen stephanie di biases choreo over and over again and she puts the same 8 counts together just in a different order (those points!). My things is yes Steph (Larson, dcc) had a year on ice angels and she's continued to take classes from stephanie (di biase) but Kelsey had two years on ice angels. You'd think she'd have a little bit of a better idea on how stephanie (DB) teaches and her style. Kelsey was clean and pretty. But Steph (Larson) was sharp, clean, powerful and above all attention grabbing. I feel like even Sheridan who is a pretty Jazz dancer out "grooved" or felt the dance better than Kelsey. 

Dont get me wrong, Kelsey has vastly improved but I didn't think that was all that great from her and I expected more :/

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

My thing is ive seen stephanie di biases choreo over and over again and she puts the same 8 counts together just in a different order (those points!). My things is yes Steph (Larson, dcc) had a year on ice angels and she's continued to take classes from stephanie (di biase) but Kelsey had two years on ice angels. You'd think she'd have a little bit of a better idea on how stephanie (DB) teaches and her style. Kelsey was clean and pretty. But Steph (Larson) was sharp, clean, powerful and above all attention grabbing. I feel like even Sheridan who is a pretty Jazz dancer out "grooved" or felt the dance better than Kelsey. 

Dont get me wrong, Kelsey has vastly improved but I didn't think that was all that great from her and I expected more :/

Stephanie  (DCC) was also Milwaukee Bucks Energee dancer for few seasons.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Came up on my Instagram. I love watching Stephanie dance, she has SO much power.

kelsey lowrance and Sheridan are here too.

wow she's really good!  I don't think I've seen her dance before so thanks for posting ... ok can I get half the dance skillz of these girls???  I'm very good at eating chips but other than that ...

• Love 6

I think most of us have slightly lower expectations for Kelsey cause she lacks experience so to see her doing pretty good excites us lol

1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

Exactly.  Plus, I don't care how much dance experience Kelsey had, being good "for someone who hasn't had much experience" shouldn't be good enough to be part of a world class team.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

Steph is dynamite! Love watching her dance. The year she made it, they hardly focused on her in TC and I was trying to understand why she made it. Then I saw clips of her dancing. She's definitely a powerhouse.

Kelsey doesn't have as much dance experience, and it shows. But that's why you take classes, to keep improving. She's definitely a "take home" girl (as K&J like to say) :)

Who is the blonde girl?  She's not DCC is she?  She's way too soft when she dances and doesn't finish the moves.  No Powah!

37 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I watched that video three times to try and watch Kelsey but my eyes were just continually drawn to Steph lol. She's bomb!! 

lol me too!!  I still haven't seen Kelsey dance yet cause I keep watching Stephanie!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Can we talk about who everyone thinks is going to retire this year and then maybe be asked to be an all star?

I think Jenn K and Jessica for sure. Jenna if she does retire. Danielle if she stays in Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if Megan retires, or Yuko.

I think if Kelsey stays she'll be cut. If Cerstyn gets into medical school she'll be gone, if she applied this year. 

Ok my cousin is somewhat an insider in Dallas Cowboys (players not cheerleaders) and told me that Dak is seen with a young lady every so often and it's definitely not Jenna. So maybe if there was anything going on there it's done and over with ? 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Jenn K and Jessica for sure. Jenna if she does retire. Danielle if she stays in Texas.

Wouldn't surprise me if Megan retires, or Yuko.

I think if Kelsey stays she'll be cut. If Cerstyn gets into medical school she'll be gone, if she applied this year. 

Jenn K unfortunately!  What a great ambassador!  Jessica and Danielle as well would be my guesses.  I would hope Megan would retire since she's clearly not able to maintain the uniform figure but my guess is if they let it go, she may just stay.  She's still young.

I agree Kelsey will likely be cut ...

Although I agree Kelsey isn't the most eye-catching dancer, I really hope she makes it back next year. She has a likeable personality and it's nice to see someone who wasn't in the studio since she was 4 or have robotic answers ("yes ma'am", "this is like, my dream") make the team. She has a hell of a lot of work to do, but I think she just needs time. No one expects her to be point or be an Erica/Holly, but I hope the judges aren't biased next year and cut her because she was one of the maybe girls this year. 

• Love 15

I think if the Cowboys do really well in the playoffs that would probably affect a lot of retirement decisions. They've been mediocre for a long time and playoff football is pretty exciting. It could even draw people out of retirement!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Ok my cousin is somewhat an insider in Dallas Cowboys (players not cheerleaders) and told me that Dak is seen with a young lady every so often and it's definitely not Jenna. So maybe if there was anything going on there it's done and over with ? 

Yeah, I don't think anything is going on there anymore.  I think she got caught up in it and it was a much bigger deal for her than him. I like Jenna so I am glad if she is out of that and can finish out the year strong.  I honestly am 50/50 on whether she retires or not. I think she still loves it and she is so young still...just depends on whether she's ready to do something new. 

3 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I think if the Cowboys do really well in the playoffs that would probably affect a lot of retirement decisions. They've been mediocre for a long time and playoff football is pretty exciting. It could even draw people out of retirement!

So agree with this!! What a fun season this has been for the girls to cheer for!! It would make me want to stay for sure. 

4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Although I agree Kelsey isn't the most eye-catching dancer, I really hope she makes it back next year. She has a likeable personality and it's nice to see someone who wasn't in the studio since she was 4 or have robotic answers ("yes ma'am", "this is like, my dream") make the team. She has a hell of a lot of work to do, but I think she just needs time. No one expects her to be point or be an Erica/Holly, but I hope the judges aren't biased next year and cut her because she was one of the maybe girls this year. 

I think Kelsey has a solid chance to make it back next year.  She reminds me in that way of Caila...Caila was such an underdog and everyone was so sure she'd be cut but she worked her tail off and came back strong for a second year.  I absolutely think Kelsey can pull it off, it may just end up being how fierce the incoming competition is.  I would love to think that Kelsey is taking classes to work on her technique since she has mentioned herself that is her weak point. 

• Love 6

See, I had higher expectations just because that's what she SHOULD be use to and I have seen her dance bigger. I know they had a "break" for thanksgiving so maybe she was just not feeling it. My friend was there that night (not filmed) and had mentioned she didn't seem like herself. 

I actually hope Kelsey makes it back.

• Love 5

Kelsey probably just ate too much turkey LOL

My thoughts for retirement: Danielle seems like a definite especially with her figure since she always looks bigger than the girls. Jenn K if she wants to have a baby and settle down. Jenna might be a 6 year girl, not sure on her yet. Jessica is probably retiring. Jinelle? Seems like she misses home so she might.

On 11/10/2016 at 0:46 PM, MaryWebGirl said:

I'm pretty sure expecting them to do this for free would be illegal. With the scrutiny NFL teams have been under regarding paying cheerleaders it would be pretty ballsy to try it. 

Mot also brings up something I've always wondered and maybe @ShellyB can answer. Are the cheerleaders paid to do the USO tours? Are the staff who accompanies them? And who pays their expenses on the trips? 

They are paid an entertainer per firm by the USO. 

On 11/22/2016 at 5:02 PM, mcmrdh said:

It think it is Kelsey too... @ShellyB why would DCC put her in shorts that are bigger? She has a rockin bod and I think those lower rise shorts would look much better on her, especially in the back. Its like they ride higher back there. That being said, I think she looks awesome in them regardless.

The shorts were made a little differently this season. Still custom to each girl but a slightly differently fit. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Harrythecat said:

Tess and her boyfriend (a producer of MTT) are still going strong.  She is giving public speeches on her stroke

I think she meant Tess as in Tess who's currently a DCC lol not former training camp candidate Tess

10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I know I am older than most of you but it sure seems rather silly to be dancing while wearing a sweatshirt tied to your booty backwards.

I used to wear my sweaters like that when I was younger and it was deemed cool lol now I try to avoid it even though it's so much easier than carrying it around

53 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It's cold outside but hot in the gym. Easier to tie it inside than to go find a locker or leave it on the dirty floor. Plus I think they like the look. Ballet class = never. Hip hop, ok.

To me it's easier to just wear a coat when you're outside.  I've never had to leave clothing on the floor, any gym I've been to has lockers & I bring my own lock. 

The only time I tie anything around my waist is if I go for a run outside in a tee shirt & I get too hot.

Edited by ByTor