Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, MyFavShows said:

This would be the second time we've got word that Kelsey has been/is about to be pulled from a performance.   The first time people were saying she wasn't going to dance in the first preseason pre-game - but then I believe it was confirmed that she did.

This - rumors that were just rumored. I do hope she isn't injured though.

I really love Danielle. She is the perfect DCC. Cookie cutter image of a DCC in my opinion. I do think she looks big in the pics, but the camera loves her face. I also think Jen K looks very large for a DCC and I think Megan does as well. As others have said, I would LOVE to be that size, but as Kelly says, the uniform is unforgiving. I also think that angles and pictures capture different angles than in person, and Kelly wants and avoid these kinds of things. I don't like Holly's hair color at all. It looks too unnatural to me and I think it makes her face take on a ruddy appearance. I would like her with longer hair and a different color. This red is almost clownish in my opinion. 

I think DCC could do so, so much better with their costumes. I find them to be terribly dated. The pink flapper was so unflattering. If that were a final costume I know Kelly would have commented about it with a snide remark. They are, in my opinion, so caught up in tradition that they are unwilling to step into modernity. Not change drastically, but upgrade. Step out of the box a little bit. Hire a new costume person for special events like this BCA show. I know it won't happen, but come on. 

• Love 4

In one of the earlier seasons, I seem to remember that Kelli said these girls are anywhere from a size 4 to a size 6.  I don't know how tall Vivian was, but, in season 8, they told her that other girls her height averaged 114 and she was 122 at the time.  Also, in a very early season (either the two-hour special or seasons 1 or 2), Jay told someone that there's never been a girl who weighed 140 pounds on the squad.  I think he said this in the 2-hour special, but I could be wrong.

I just think Holly knows how to entertain. Let's not kid ourselves here.. they are cheeleaders in very small uniforms, dancing on the sidelines. I love that DCC has put more to the face than just the body but at the end of the day, they are still cheerleaders who are supposed to entertain. Sex appeal is a massive factor of that so I would not say that Holly is a skank, she just turns it on when she needs to. I don't know why so many people pick on Holly for being 'attention-seeking' when quite a few of the other girls are the same..

• Love 14
2 hours ago, JayDKay said:

I just think Holly knows how to entertain. Let's not kid ourselves here.. they are cheeleaders in very small uniforms, dancing on the sidelines. I love that DCC has put more to the face than just the body but at the end of the day, they are still cheerleaders who are supposed to entertain. Sex appeal is a massive factor of that so I would not say that Holly is a skank, she just turns it on when she needs to. I don't know why so many people pick on Holly for being 'attention-seeking' when quite a few of the other girls are the same..

Seriously! Like, somehow Jenna always gets a pass and NO ONE posts more selfies than that girl.  And I love Jenna! But seriously now...

• Love 10
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

In one of the earlier seasons, I seem to remember that Kelli said these girls are anywhere from a size 4 to a size 6.  I don't know how tall Vivian was, but, in season 8, they told her that other girls her height averaged 114 and she was 122 at the time.  Also, in a very early season (either the two-hour special or seasons 1 or 2), Jay told someone that there's never been a girl who weighed 140 pounds on the squad.  I think he said this in the 2-hour special, but I could be wrong.

I remember that, and I'd love to know if the girls are more like a 2-4 or less now. They definitely look smaller. 140 pounds is really not that much for someone muscular and tall.

At my lowest adult weight - I'm almost 5'9" - I hit 135 and a size 6, and was pulled aside to be counseled to see if I had an eating disorder. I was dancing 7 days a week (factoring practice and games), but not trying to diet or anything, just not eating grandma's cooking everyday (dorm food yuck). These girls are far more muscular, too, so I could see some of the taller ones especially weighing 140 and looking really trim.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Jay said it in season 1 (2006) about Dinesha. It was something like there's never been a cheerleader that heavy. She ended up leaving TC on her own along with Cerissa who had an injury.

9 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

I don't know why, but I get exactly what you're saying and I'm not sure if I like that edge she has or not. I'm a total fan of hers & love her tho.

i think she is cut from a different cloth than the typical DCC. She comes across tons more confident, more in control of her sexuality, demands attention in a more dominant way. Maybe it's that extra in-your-face that makes her seem a bit more scary.

Her calendar pics are a case in point. So different than the other girls who do the coy poses.

i still adore her and could watch her dance forever.

That's it! Very in charge of her sexuality. I said she's almost smouldering. I just get that old school femme fatale vibe from her. Whereas I find most of the other girls more 'wholesome' if you catch my drift?

I feel kinda bad now. I don't think she is a skank, just that she can look skanky. Dccfanatic mentioned her hair.. that could be it. It's a little harsh for  her. I wonder if it was longer and brunette if it'd make her appear 'softer'. Who knows. 

Edited by MrsSophieW
Additional comment
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I remember that, and I'd love to know if the girls are more like a 2-4 or less now. They definitely look smaller. 140 pounds is really not that much for someone muscular and tall.

At my lowest adult weight - I'm almost 5'9" - I hit 135 and a size 6, and was pulled aside to be counseled to see if I had an eating disorder. I was dancing 7 days a week (factoring practice and games), but not trying to diet or anything, just not eating grandma's cooking everyday (dorm food yuck). These girls are far more muscular, too, so I could see some of the taller ones especially weighing 140 and looking really trim.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Jay said it in season 1 (2006) about Dinesha. It was something like there's never been a cheerleader that heavy. She ended up leaving TC on her own along with Cerissa who had an injury.

Thank you.  I couldn't quite remember when it was said, but it's always stuck with me.  I get that these girls have to have a certain "look" and weight is part of that, but to put a girl's actual weight (or very close to it) out there on national television?  Not cool.  Mentioning weight in general is okay, ESPECIALLY if it takes into account a girl's SPECIFIC body type, height, and everything else that makes her unique, is a little better, but to JUST mention a girl's weight in relation to her height (and probably BMI) is totally not.  The BMI has been proven to be completely inaccurate, if I recall, because it doesn't take anything else into account other than height and weight.

I'm with you in terms of height and weight, RazzleberryPie.  I'm 5'8.5" myself and if I got anywhere close to the weight some of these girls are, I'd probably be in the hospital.  The closest I could come and still be healthy, would be, at most, a size 8.  Still, it would be kind of interesting to see what they thought of me on the Jumbotron if I was to a size 8.  I think I might have curves under what I've got now, but I'll have to wait and see until I get to a size 8.

In terms of current girls, I think most are in the 2-4 range with a few (Danielle comes to mind) who are closer to a size 6.  There are girls who are probably smaller than a 2 (Jinelle), but without seeing what their clothing sizes are, I hesitate to do more than gues.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don't know if this'll shed some light, but for what it's worth, I'm a petite woman, 5'3" 109 lbs. In women's I wear a ex small in a roomy top, small sweater. Jeans 2/4 depending on style. I'm naturally small busted (?) and don't have implants. My husband likes to tease me and say if I were younger, I could try out, ( except for the fact that I can't dance lol!). I would assume implants/ larger breasts add weight? 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Bunnygirl said:

I don't know if this'll shed some light, but for what it's worth, I'm a petite woman, 5'3" 109 lbs. In women's I wear a ex small in a roomy top, small sweater. Jeans 2/4 depending on style. I'm naturally small busted (?) and don't have implants. My husband likes to tease me and say if I were younger, I could try out, ( except for the fact that I can't dance lol!). I would assume implants/ larger breasts add weight? 

Absolutely. Muscle weighs more than fat, too, so two people the exact same size/shape can weight differently based on muscle mass vs fat mass. 

• Love 2

I think that Holly appears to own her sexuality not only because of her flirty performance facials, but also because that young lady is seriously stacked for someone her age.  She's only 19, I think, but she's got serious curves and a generous bust, and has toned up significantly since she entered camp as a rookie.  She definitely appears to be comfortable in her own skin, which likely is a product of growing up dancing, where there is little modesty backstage, because her figure is so rockin', and because she clearly loves dancing and performing so much.  That all reads as super sexy, along with her femme fatale red hair.  But I'm not sure that owning her sexiness is quite the same as owning her sexuality.  She's so young, and it's not really my business what her relationship to her sexuality is.  I love Holly, and I for one think that she is a big team player.  She's often been shown cheering her teammates and the TCCs on, helping and hugging rookies--Allie, Sheridan, Bethany, Heather H, Maggie.  I'm sure she has some maturing to do still--what 19-year old doesn't?  I do get why some people read her as overtly sexy or showboat-y, but I think she is so fabulously fierce, hard working, and incredible to watch. 

• Love 13

I love holly but agree she has something "sultry" about her!! Not a bad thing at all though- I think its the hair!

Also, I know there have been girls in DCC past who were in the 130 range... just a few pounds off from 140.

I have to disagree and say yes some are tiny but there are others who are actually BIGGER than what they seem on TV. Muscle and toned kicking legs adds some thickness. 

• Love 1
On 10/23/2016 at 0:14 AM, EricaShadows said:

In one of the earlier seasons, I seem to remember that Kelli said these girls are anywhere from a size 4 to a size 6.

16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I remember that, and I'd love to know if the girls are more like a 2-4 or less now. They definitely look smaller.

honestly these girls almost certainly all have to be size 00 - some of the girls who look "heavier" might be size 2, but even that would be pushing it I think.  I'm 5'4, 120 lbs, 20% body fat (hell-llo, TMI!), and I am a size 00, even in designer clothing that is cut much smaller - and there is absolutely no way I come anywhere near looking as slim as those girls are - pretty sure I'd need to lose 15 lbs at least.  I think it was Courtney in S9 they said was 5'4 and that girls that height were usually around 108 lbs.  It's my goal weight/look for sure, but then again, I also like chocolate cake, so I may be down for the count ?  As it is, I feel as though the girls on the squad now are (as many here have pointed out) some of the fittest and slimmest DCCs they have ever had, and I am quite sure it has to do with the monstrously huge HD screen.  The girls all do look so amazing but it is absolutely mind-blowing to me the kind of work they must have to do to keep it that way.

• Love 2

Actually, the majority of them are more size 2 range. Most wear the "Medium" size in the iconic white shorts, and a very few smalls-which I'm told is equivalent to a 25/ 0 

Edited by grapevine
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, M1977G said:

I think that Holly appears to own her sexuality not only because of her flirty performance facials, but also because that young lady is seriously stacked for someone her age.  She's only 19, I think, but she's got serious curves and a generous bust, and has toned up significantly since she entered camp as a rookie.  She definitely appears to be comfortable in her own skin, which likely is a product of growing up dancing, where there is little modesty backstage, because her figure is so rockin', and because she clearly loves dancing and performing so much.  That all reads as super sexy, along with her femme fatale red hair.  But I'm not sure that owning her sexiness is quite the same as owning her sexuality.  She's so young, and it's not really my business what her relationship to her sexuality is.  I love Holly, and I for one think that she is a big team player.  She's often been shown cheering her teammates and the TCCs on, helping and hugging rookies--Allie, Sheridan, Bethany, Heather H, Maggie.  I'm sure she has some maturing to do still--what 19-year old doesn't?  I do get why some people read her as overtly sexy or showboat-y, but I think she is so fabulously fierce, hard working, and incredible to watch. 

+1!!

• Love 4
On 10/22/2016 at 10:03 AM, LaurenBrook said:

Must have been the DCC Halloween party last night - girls are all posting pics in their costumes.  Not one of the more creative years (I loved the spice girls one last year and Jenna and Caila's hooked mermaid costumes) but still a few really great ones.  Not going going to post all the links here but if you search the #DCCHalloween hashtag on instagram a bunch come up. 

And @heatherrrrz - be sure to check out the comments on Khalyn's group pic of the girls...they are hilarious!! ;-D  I think he must be famous among the DCC now. 

Instagram or Twitter? I didn't see any on Instagram besides the millions of comments because they're famous now lol

22 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I was probably the same height for years, I don't think I've grown since high school but in middle school I was probably around 5'7" or maybe even 5'9" like I am today and got pulled into the office because everyone thought I was anorexic. I would eat just as much as everyone else and never gain weight. Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to those days.

11 hours ago, M1977G said:

I do get why some people read her as overtly sexy or showboat-y, but I think she is so fabulously fierce, hard working, and incredible to watch. 

I'm sorry, but I don't get why anybody would see sexy, let alone overtly sexy.  To me, she looks like a young woman (which she is) who is not remotely sexy but makes those annoying faces because she thinks that's what "sexy" looks like.  Big boobs (which I'm sure is the male appeal) do not make a woman sexy in & of themselves.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I was probably the same height for years, I don't think I've grown since high school but in middle school I was probably around 5'7" or maybe even 5'9" like I am today and got pulled into the office because everyone thought I was anorexic. I would eat just as much as everyone else and never gain weight. Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to those days.

Same. I am 5'7 and weighed 102 when I graduated from high school. Now it's 25 years later, and multiple health problems my metabolism is shot! On a good day I weigh 130. People still say I'm too skinny lol.

This is why Holly P. seems like such a nice teammate to me.  She adopts the stray "cats" and takes in her "deer" (dear) new friends (i.e., those DCC that may feel a bit out of place because they are more introverted, or newer, or adjusting), and "fawns" all over them to make them feel a part of the #squad.  

CvZskUlVIAErMCI.jpg

• Love 1

Hollys stomach looks huge there. Melissa, Megan or Jenn would be crucified for looking like that.

I get the vibe that when she's oohing and ahhhing over teammates, she's playing little ole humble me. It just seems fake and self serving. As for taking in 'strays', I call bs. Sometimes it's easier to be the Queen of the Misfits than the Prom Queen, but she'd knock anyone out of her way of it meant she could be Queen Bee. 

Holly is amazingly talented in dancing, but she still comes off as self serving to me. Not mean fake like Chelsea, but more like a Vivian with actual talent.

• Love 6

I don't think her stomach looks big! I actually think she looks really toned there. It's just the way the shirt is hitting her. I'm good with vibes and I don't get the self serving vibe from her. I think she just comes from the mean girl world of dance so she's had to fight her way to get ahead and that can sometimes come across with her, but not always.

Assuming that's Yuko on the right, my bet is that Holly is stepping up to take her under her wing socially in order to kiss up to the powers that be that clearly wanted Yuko on the squad at all costs.  For a person who is strategizing to get ahead, it is a brillant move.   I'm sure DCC/Cowboys leadership will take notice of how Holly went out of her way to make Yuko feel accepted.  What's the phrase - enlightened self interest.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Assuming that's Yuko on the right, my bet is that Holly is stepping up to take her under her wing socially in order to kiss up to the powers that be that clearly wanted Yuko on the squad at all costs.  For a person who is strategizing to get ahead, it is a brillant move.   I'm sure DCC/Cowboys leadership will take notice of how Holly went out of her way to make Yuko feel accepted.  What's the phrase - enlightened self interest.

THIS. Same as how she became Sam Finglass' bestie in about three seconds last year.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, California Girl said:

This is why Holly P. seems like such a nice teammate to me.  She adopts the stray "cats" and takes in her "deer" (dear) new friends (i.e., those DCC that may feel a bit out of place because they are more introverted, or newer, or adjusting), and "fawns" all over them to make them feel a part of the #squad.  

CvZskUlVIAErMCI.jpg

I stand by my original belief that Holly P. appears to be a genuinely nice teammate who enjoys welcoming some of the more shy DCC, like Selina (left) and Yuko (right), into the DCC squad. 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 12

I am alway so amazed at how people read so much into photos or the shortest video clips of someone. Holly seems nice to me but who knows?How can we really know one way or another based on a heavily edited show and an Instagram feed?

• Love 2

I've met former and current DCCs and there are some that are manipulative. And some that are sultry and some that strategize everything to make themselves look good. And I truly believe Holly does not show any of these characteristics!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, California Girl said:

@HowdeeDo recently posted on the DCC Media thread that they only counted 36 DCC on the field preparing for the Halloween halftime show.  There is a 30+ minute video on the DCC's preparation by NBC DFW reporter Meredith Land on the NBC5 DFW Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/NBCDFW/

If that is true, then which DCC has been pulled from the Halloween halftime show, and why?

At around -10:30 they are in 4 lines pointed to the center.  As they pan past Kelli and Judy to the left you can see someone on the sidelines in the same workout uniform who is standing there doing the routine.  Perhaps an injury?  I can hear Kelli discuss Milan's hair color going back to a multi toned blonde.  As they go over to start the entire show, you see a cheerleader run over to that side to join.

Edited by cherryblossom
More info
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

At around -10:30 they are in 4 lines pointed to the center.  As they pan past Kelli and Judy to the left you can see someone on the sidelines in the same workout uniform who is standing there doing the routine.  Perhaps an injury?  I can hear Kelli discuss Milan's hair color going back to a multi toned blonde.  As they go over to start the entire show, you see a cheerleader run over to that side to join.

Can't find it. What was the date?

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Can't find it. What was the date?

Check Meredith Land's facebook, it was from Tuesday I believe.

Aww they all look great. I kind of hate Jenn's dress, but they all look good. (It just doesn't look like something you'd wear to a wedding). Ashley is another who looks better post-DCC. She was sooooo thin. Still very thin, but looks less harsh now.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

Just gonna leave this here...

YIKES

They are in movement so it could appear worse than it really is, but Megan and Amy still look out of shape by DCC standards in recent pictures too. Le sigh. I wish their standards weren't as such so we wouldn't be programmed to think like this. They're beautiful ladies. 

• Love 5

Considering they are pushing backward, I don't think amy looks bad. Maybe she was breathing out and it just seemed unflattering.

you can see cellulite on Megan's midsection  though. It's pretty bad. That's not even DCC chunky that's overall cheerleader chunky. Any NFL,NBA, NHL or even semi pro director would pull her aside and say something.

• Love 4

Just to clarify, not here to fat shame. They still look amazing. But as everyone else has pointed out, there is such a clear double standard going on. Hannah (for example) did not look like that when she was cut. 

Edited by ilovetrashtv
  • Love 7