Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Kaitlyn L?  She wasn't "quietly suspended".  She was bluntly cut.

I think she may have been referring to Kaitlyn LaRae (season 8), not Kaitlyn LeGrand (season 6). I remember some people saying that Kaitlyn LaRae was in a car accident and subsequently gained a bit weight, and was benched. Kaitlyn LeGrand was cut for being (most likely) under the influence of something. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I probably shouldn't post this, because I have no idea, and it's purely speculation, but she just looks like a bitch. Maybe I'm biased because I've heard she's not nice from insiders.

Really? What was said about her? I wasn't aware that she had been discussed.  I was just shocked seeing her audition and then they go on to say attitude goes a long way with the team . I kept thinking back to the Cersten who would make fun of the girls for their hairstyle, clothes, phones etc... I knew her for years and just don't believe that she has changed all that much. If she has, then good for her and I wish her well but if she hasn't and is pulling the wools over their eyes ( she's good at that ) then I hope she is exposed for what she is. 

• Love 6

I would like to think that K and J wouldn't give her spot back next year IF she really is a bitch all season, but sadly I don't think that's the case!

She was apparently rude to a member of staff at the Belk fashion show. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Really? What was said about her? I wasn't aware that she had been discussed.  I was just shocked seeing her audition and then they go on to say attitude goes a long way with the team . I kept thinking back to the Cersten who would make fun of the girls for their hairstyle, clothes, phones etc... I knew her for years and just don't believe that she has changed all that much. If she has, then good for her and I wish her well but if she hasn't and is pulling the wools over their eyes ( she's good at that ) then I hope she is exposed for what she is. 

I don't remember exactly what was said besides the incident where she was rude to someone during the Belk fashion show. If you read the spoilers and speculation thread, that's where she is discussed. 

Mean girls CAN change. I've known a few since high school who have- they truly regret their past behavior. But they've apologized and made amends. I hope Cersten has- it would be a shame to have someone like that on the team.

• Love 1

Cersten was on a college team at LSU right, and isn't the LSU dance coach involved with DCC in some way (I thought I read that at least). If she was that awful, it seems like that information would've been passed along. Now, perhaps she's just totally toxic (I certainly don't know her), but it seems unlikely that having a mean girl on the team is some super rare thing for the DCCs. With 40-some people, you're bound to have a few less than nice ones. 

• Love 2

I tend to think that as professional as they appear, with that many competitive girls and that much pressure, there are a whole lot more 'mean girls' at heart than just sweeties. The really good mean girls just know when to play their cards and when to look sweet.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I tend to think that as professional as they appear, with that many competitive girls and that much pressure, there are a whole lot more 'mean girls' at heart than just sweeties. The really good mean girls just know when to play their cards and when to look sweet.

Like Chelsea?  LOL.

I said this many times but IMHO Megan looks like a bitchy, mean girl to me.  Some of her facial expressions just look it. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

So I was at the game today and when they put Megan on the Jumbotron a man behind me said "that's a big ol' cheerleader." So rude! 

Regardless of whether she looked "big" or not, I'm willing to bet the man behind you had a beer gut and was chowing down on a big plate of nachos with extra cheese. I find that the more obese the male, the more critical and vocal they are about their views of a woman's appearance. Just my two cents.

Here's a picture from today's game off the Dallas NBC affiliate. I can't remember the name of this cheerleader, is it Allie?

14324379_10154108140352690_5491302061380305542_o.jpg

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Regardless of whether she looked "big" or not, I'm willing to bet the man behind you had a beer gut and was chowing down on a big plate of nachos with extra cheese. I find that the more obese the male, the more critical and vocal they are about their views of a woman's appearance. Just my two cents.

Here's a picture from today's game off the Dallas NBC affiliate. I can't remember the name of this cheerleader, is it Allie?

Yep. Cuz fat ugly men like that know they'll never get a girl half that beautiful. Insecure. 

On a side note, the 9/11 tribute before the Dallas game was wonderful. Very, very moving. 

17 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Well she definitely doesn't look the same as she did last year, but not necessarily "big." 

I feel for Megan. She has lousy genetics. It has to be a struggle everyday to stay thin for that uniform.

• Love 4

Gosh - that pic of Allie really isn't flattering at the waistline.  Think it's just a bad angle, but who knows - looks like there's some muffin topping going on on her right side.

Hmm....wonder if the man's comment about Megan was just about her being tall?  Probably not, huh? ;/...  If she is heavy enough that the fans are noticing it, it's really K&J's (and the other judges') fault for letting her slide.

• Love 3

Allie is teeeeeeeny tiny that's probably bones sticking out. 

Oh stuff like that guy makes me SO mad. Normally the ones most critical about pretty/talented/successful women are the ones with wives and daughters that looked like they just got dragged out the barn!!!! I couldn't be a cheerleader, with men like that making derogatory comments all the time. I wonder how bad it was when they danced on the decks and if they're secretly relieved they don't have to anymore...?

• Love 2

I once had a high school dance/drill dad tell me and two of the other taller girls we'd never make a captain because we weren't petite. (Captains also received a free senior portrait from a local photographer and a photo on the wall - big deal when you're 17). First, he was built like a shorter Tony Soprano. He wishes his face was as handsome. Yeah. Second, his Special Snowflake daughter looked just like him - she was short. Not petite. The three he made fun of were all more like Megan, Meredith, Britney Schram, Nicole B. Like a size 6-8 and 5'8-10. His daughter was also a 6 but about 5' tall. 

I didn't see Megan last night, but usually does seem like the dowdiest men - usually or of shape due to their own behaviors - want to pick at women the most. These girls put themselves out there knowing this, but is it really needed? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

i think that's Allie!! 

ETA: oops, see others responded.  I think she looks great there! Allie worked hard to trim up this summer and it shows. 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1

I just wanted to say that I meant to post Allie's picture during the pledge as a separate post but it somehow snuck into one I had just posted.

I wasn't implying Allie was "big" like Mr. Critical Fan Man commented about Megan. I was just happy to see one of the new DCC in a game photo. She looks great to me.

I did giggle to see she was right next to a football player when the rules are so stringent about cheerleaders staying away from players. I guess for the pledge it was okay, eh? ;-)

• Love 4

Allie is superrr fit now, she's been in and out of the gym with Holly all summer. They're roommates this year as well, omg they just got the cutest dog too. That's a terrible angle. The photo is a touching one though. Love Dak.

In my humble opinion Megan is thicker. Weight gain can be okay (for instance if kat gained a little weight) but on certain body types you need to be carful. I'm one of them and I'm so aware.

yes that's allie. I don't like that angle from the bottom. If I remember correctly she actually has a super toned and cut stomach. That picture she looks bloated and I don't think she was. Ugh angles.

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Gosh - that pic of Allie really isn't flattering at the waistline.  Think it's just a bad angle, but who knows - looks like there's some muffin topping going on on her right side.

Hmm....wonder if the man's comment about Megan was just about her being tall?  Probably not, huh? ;/...  If she is heavy enough that the fans are noticing it, it's really K&J's (and the other judges') fault for letting her slide.

I was thinking maybe that comment was made because she was on the Jumbotron ... so technically she's a big cheerleader!  Cause it's the jumbotron lol

• Love 3

I've found that men expect to date "up" in the world (the prettier/prettiest girls) when they are not exactly the cream of the crop themselves while many girls tend to date "down" as in the less attractive men.  This is just from my view, so I don't always get the thing.  There are usually other factors, but there are far too many couples that I look at and wonder "Why?"  For a many to say that about a girl who is attractive, in shape, well-spoken and articulate makes me think that he's not exactly the cream of the crop himself and knows that he wouldn't have a chance with her himself and thus is putting HER down because he can never aspire to someone like that.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I've found that men expect to date "up" in the world (the prettier/prettiest girls) when they are not exactly the cream of the crop themselves while many girls tend to date "down" as in the less attractive men.  This is just from my view, so I don't always get the thing.  There are usually other factors, but there are far too many couples that I look at and wonder "Why?"  For a many to say that about a girl who is attractive, in shape, well-spoken and articulate makes me think that he's not exactly the cream of the crop himself and knows that he wouldn't have a chance with her himself and thus is putting HER down because he can never aspire to someone like that.

Omg. This post exactly.

• Love 1

I went to a game at the stadium in 2011 when Kelsey Reich and Meredith Oden were still on the team.  Both looked really big (tummies) on the jumbotron. My date said how out of shape they looked.  That jumbotron is a killer. Any kind of weight is magnified on that thing.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2016 at 2:56 PM, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Me too!  I have others that I really, really like but there is just something about Holly.  You can't help but look at her when she dances; right past the Barbiebots (Holly is a very pretty girl, she's just not a cookie cutter blonde-blue-boobed you so often see on DCC).  I loved when she finished her solo and just kind of swaggered off the dance floor like, "Yeah, top that!"  Girl can walk the walk.

This!  Holly is a throwback to an old mold of late 1970s/early 1980s Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, the ones who knew how to use their "sexy".  In those days, the DCC had your all-American good girls (think Judy) and your sex goddesses (think Kelli).  The former were your classic long-haired, doe-eyed, sweet-smiling all American beauties - for the most part, and the latter were the young women who knew how to work their sex appeal.  Regardless of whether they were "perfect"looking or not, the sexy type worked and danced that field like they were God's gift to man.  

Holly almost plays a character, the kind of young lady who might down a fifth of bourbon, stay up partying all night at the "disco", and bed one of the players -- though of course she would do none of those things.  I think in the past few years the DCC organization has emphasized the girl-next-door look to the point that some of the squad came across as a little sterile.  Holly P is anything but that, she's a firecracker!

tumblr_o10hlxlZuv1u4fzf6o1_1280.jpg

Dallas-Cowboys-cheerleaders-AP_322748353

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 13

Over the years some DCC have cosmetically "adjusted" their natural look, either before or during their time on the squad.  I can think of several current or former DCCs whom I suspect underwent a rhinoplasty (nose job), or a breast augmentation, some botox, facial laser treatments (bad idea, it will leave your facial contours hollowed out), or facial fillers (also a terrible idea).  

Generally speaking I do not think the young ladies should do any cosmetic procedure to change themselves.  However, I recognize that in a few cases it has slightly improved an already beautiful natural look.  

Looking at Erica's instagram photo of the DCCs lined up - hands on heart - during the playing of our National Anthem, I think that Selina (standing right next to her, but blurred) has the perfect DCC figure and hair!  I also think that she is just one subtle nose tweak away from being a DCC cover girl.  I know that is a terrible thing to say, and I really do apologize.  

So I will qualify it.  Selina looks amazing just the way she is, and she does not need to change anything about herself to live a happy, fulfilling, or successful life (she made the squad, after all).  It is just the difference - in my opinion only - between her being an already beautiful DCC versus one of their gorgeous glamour girls.   

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, California Girl said:

This!  Holly is a throwback to an old mold of late 1970s/early 1980s Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, the ones who knew how to use their "sexy".  In those days, the DCC had your all-American good girls (think Judy) and your sex goddesses (think Kelli).  The former were your classic long-haired, doe-eyed, sweet-smiling all American beauties - for the most part, and the latter were the young women who knew how to work their sex appeal.  Regardless of whether they were "perfect"looking or not, the sexy type worked and danced that field like they were God's gift to man.  

Holly almost plays a character, the kind of young lady who might down a fifth of bourbon, stay up partying all night at the "disco", and bed one of the players -- though of course she would do none of those things.  I think in the past few years the DCC organization has emphasized the girl-next-door look to the point that some of the squad came across as a little sterile.  Holly P is anything but that, she's a firecracker!

tumblr_o10hlxlZuv1u4fzf6o1_1280.jpg

Dallas-Cowboys-cheerleaders-AP_322748353

This is an amazing post, and I totally agree. She also reminds me of the 90s squads as well. 

• Love 8

The only thing Holly and I have in common physically is red hair (she has talent and weighs a LOT LESS than me!) but something about her has resonated with me from the start. Her beauty/sassiness has an organic quality to it that's unforced. She always looks like she truly loves to perform.

I've been watching the show since the start and there are a few of the DCC I'd like to meet. Brittany Schram and Natalie Woods are my top former DCC choices because their sense of humor/personality are awesome. I'd now have to add Holly to my list of current DCC for the same thing and her spunk.

Cowboy boots give the illusion of flexed feet. You almost have to hyper extend your foot to give the same effect as a pointed toe in a jazz shoe.

i think how pretty Kelli Q's feet look compared to some of the vets in this picture shows how great of a technical dancer she is :) gosh I just love that girl! Out of the entire rookie class I just might be most happy for her.

• Love 13

It's hard to keep a perfect split in your grand jete when you know you're about to smack your joints into hard turf. It's harder when you're in a line linked to 35 other girls. I don't know if it's possibly photograph the whole line in perfect splits. 

I've never done it in cowboy boots, but in the go go style, and even some character shoes, you really can't land with a pointed foot unless you're willing to risk having that heel come up and shove against your ankle and Achilles. That HURTS. Pointed feet are easier in jazz or ballet shoes, but boots with heels - ouch. On turf and not a spring dance floor. Ouch. 

That said, Kelli does have a really pretty split in that pic. Jess is on the end so that can be harder to balance, but she's fine. I can't tell who else is in the line.

• Love 4

Um OMG, so I assigned a journal to my students, 20 I Am statements. I made a list about me as a sample, one of them was I am a DCC:MTT fan. So one of my kiddos tells me Amy T is a cousin, I guess it shouldn't be a huge shock since I'm in Missouri, but so cool.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Um OMG, so I assigned a journal to my students, 20 I Am statements. I made a list about me as a sample, one of them was I am a DCC:MTT fan. So one of my kiddos tells me Amy T is a cousin, I guess it shouldn't be a huge shock since I'm in Missouri, but so cool.

This makes you an official INSIDER now ;-) Very cool BTW that her cousin is in your class.

• Love 2

Holly is just my favorite, she's humble as evidenced by her reaction to getting a barbie but can play up the cockiness when she needs to like on the field. She knows she's a great dancer, but doesn't come off as someone who rubs that in everyone's face. She's the second person I've felt a personal connection to, besides Brittney Schramm because I'm obsessed with Schrammy she's hilarious.

13 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Holly is just my favorite, she's humble as evidenced by her reaction to getting a barbie but can play up the cockiness when she needs to like on the field. She knows she's a great dancer, but doesn't come off as someone who rubs that in everyone's face. She's the second person I've felt a personal connection to, besides Brittney Schramm because I'm obsessed with Schrammy she's hilarious.

Brittney seems like such a fun and cool girl.  You wanna hate her cause she's so freakin' gorgeous - looks like Britney Spears and Barbie all rolled in one - but she also seems hilarious and whacky.  Sigh - can I be her friend?  fangirling!

• Love 6