Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

I did not like JJ's total dismissal of the plaintiff's sexual harassment claims.  Not saying it happened for certain, but she totally dismissed it in her usual I don't care manner and zinged him by saying he was not even the best looking of the males, so why would the defendant even be interested in him?  Like to see her say that to a woman who claims sexual harassment: who would harass you, you aren't even good looking?  Hate the way JJ pre-decides who she believes-I can tell she is telling the truth and plaintiff had no chance of dissuading her.  Honestly, I DID believe that ugly crow was into him (if JJ can bring up a litigant's looks, I guess I can too).

• Love 5
I did not like JJ's total dismissal of the plaintiff's sexual harassment claims.

He'd already proved he had no problem lying - re: His abusive phone call.

We've seen JJ dismiss female claims of sexual harassment as well. I'm thinking of the woman who moved into the defendant's "Sober Living Facility" and claimed he pleasured himself under the sheets while she stood in his doorway and talked to him, and the recent bimbo who milked the dirty old man for thousands, even though she claimed he sexually harassed her for 12 years.  Everything must be taken into account to decide if those claims have any merit.

Today's brother/sister act: Wow. At first I had sympathy for the plaintiff, in her mother-of-the-bride outfit, complete with fake roses in her hair, until it came out that she was just as amoral as her POS brother. He stole 400$ from her to "pay bills" and then SHE stole the same amount from a friend to pay HER bills. Anyway, how does a woman that age, who has been in rehab and lives on SSI, buy a 2K fridge?

The flag idiots were boring and I didn't even care that it was interrupted by the same ol' fugitive crap. I guess that's the most exciting thing that's happened in Vermont in the last century.

Ariana, who does car flip deals at 1:00 a.m.(her three kids, probably from three different sperm donors, scattered to the winds) - I bet JJ would have liked to have told Byrd to go over there and smack the ultra-irritating smirk off her face. Her boyfriend - who has been incarcerated so many times she can't even recall them all - found a stray car and took it home, of course. An act of kindess, I'm sure. When, oh when are people going to learn that nothing good comes from using Craigslist?

• Love 5

I did not like JJ's total dismissal of the plaintiff's sexual harassment claims.  Not saying it happened for certain, but she totally dismissed it in her usual I don't care manner and zinged him by saying he was not even the best looking of the males, so why would the defendant even be interested in him?  Like to see her say that to a woman who claims sexual harassment: who would harass you, you aren't even good looking?  

I remembered this episode from when it first aired so promptly deleted it without watching  this time when I realized which case it was. I remember being really pissed off about JJ's attitude toward the young man. Sexual harassment doesn't have jack shit to do with attractiveness.

• Love 6
(edited)

We've seen JJ dismiss female claims of sexual harassment as well.

Usually JJ dismisses sexual harassment when it seems untruthful, in context.  I stopped paying rent for six months because the landlord had sexually harassed me a year ago and no, I didn't move or report it.  Or, plaintiff sues on a loan and the defense is, it was a gift and oh, yeah, he is only suing because I refused his sexual advances that I never did anything about previously, so I am countersuing.  Here she just felt the details and circumstances of the defendant's story made sense.  JJ likes her details.  I don't like when she just decides this must be the truth in her authoritative way and cuts off any response, but here she went so far as to say that the plaintiff is not good looking for the defendant to be interested.  As mentioned above by teebax, sexual harassment has nothing to do with looks and, here, the plaintiff was not close to being ugly and, IMO, he was certainly out of the defendant's league.  I think JJ has a lot of nerve saying to someone you aren't even the best looking one of a group.  How is he supposed to respond to that?  He was certainly presentable and his looks were average to above average.  Not sure what he did to deserve a put-down based on his looks.  I find it objectionable for a judge to dismiss a claim of sexual harassment based on someone's looks and don't think it would happen to a woman.   

Based on her hallterview, she seems like she is a little freaky and the whole story had elements of her insinuating herself into his life, possibly to get him interested in her.  Sexual harassment was not outside the realm of possibility as JJ made it seem.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 3

OMG, I must have missed the Protest Flag case on the first airing but DANG!  Did my eyes deceive me or did Mr. "I Love America More Than Anyone Because I Served in the Military for Three LOOOOOONG Years" Ray Szczepanoweski (god help me on that spelling) wear a tie with the BURNING TWIN TOWERS on it?! One more time -- a TIE. With an image of the TWIN TOWERS. ON FIRE.

Dude, the tie don't lie -- you totally tore down that guy's flag pole. For America, naturally.

That this case came from Florida was only the bloated fly on top of the shit pile.

(edited)

OMG, I must have missed the Protest Flag case on the first airing but DANG!  Did my eyes deceive me or did Mr. "I Love America More Than Anyone Because I Served in the Military for Three LOOOOOONG Years" Ray Szczepanoweski (god help me on that spelling) wear a tie with the BURNING TWIN TOWERS on it?! One more time -- a TIE. With an image of the TWIN TOWERS. ON FIRE.

Dude, the tie don't lie -- you totally tore down that guy's flag pole. For America, naturally.

That this case came from Florida was only the bloated fly on top of the shit pile.

I found this episode (a clip anyway) and it looks like the Twin Towers, but NOT on fire.  Go to JJ's website, this week's episodes.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 2

I thought for sure the big reveal in the hallterview with the flagpole-cutting case would be that plaintiff's witness Cherish was really this Charles that kept being mentioned. (Cherish had that sort of "I used to be a man" look.)

• Love 7

I found this episode (a clip anyway) and it looks like the Twin Towers, but NOT on fire. Go to JJ's website, this week's episodes.

I'll trust you on that...but in my memory, that tie is always gonna be on fire. Never forget.

Cherish had that sort of "I used to be a man" look.

I think her name was "Caress." (UGHHHHHHH) Or was it? Maybe she was on fire, too! Anyway, yes, she was definitely a trans woman.

Which leads me to believe that the lives of the Plaintiff's friends and families must have been a misery at the Patriot Town Trailer Park.

I'll trust you on that...but in my memory, that tie is always gonna be on fire. Never forget. Never will,  dear.

I think her name was "Caress." (UGHHHHHHH) Or was it? YES IT WAS! Maybe she was on fire, too! Anyway, yes, she was definitely a trans woman.

Which leads me to believe that the lives of the Plaintiff's friends and families must have been a misery at the Patriot Town Trailer Park. Absolutely!

• Love 1

In the great flagpole case, I was expecting there to be some portentous political statement was being made, instead just somebody mad at his HOA. Using the flag for this is like calling in the National Guard because I have fire ants in my back yard.

• Love 5

****wave Florida state flag****  We always got it goin' on here! The only thing that would have been the cherry on the top of the shit pile would have been if the defendant was out walking his alligator on a leash and saw aliens yank the flag pole out of the ground with their magic laser lasso. 

The plaintiff should be lucky the pole only got torn down and not stuffed somewhere dark and smelly. 'Merica y'all!! (daughter of ex Marine, woo RAH!)

• Love 4

Oh GOD, three years in the military! Practically George Patton. It's an odd number of years though--if he was drafted (he looked like he could have been in during VIetnam) he'd have been in a year; if he enlisted it's either 2 or 4 years depending on which service IIRC. 

My dad was an Air Force lifer--28 years. He doesn't make nearly that big of a deal of his service, although he is a bit OCD about the flag (he always takes it down at night). 

The other guy was an ass though. Flying the flag upside down because of the 2000 presidential election? I'm OK with that. Because your HOA objected to your gnome display (or whatever his beef was)? That is just being needlessly douchy

• Love 2
(edited)

Does anyone know just what his beef was? That's the part I missed due to The Fugitive Saga.

Someone--Charlie? someone else?--had been run over by a golf cart piloted by yet another resident of Patriot Town Trailer Acres, not the defendant. And was injured and thus in distress...? Or so I gathered...I felt like there were some gaps in the saga, and mine wasn't even interrupted by fugitive mayhem. Nonetheless, trailer park/WTC tie/flag disrespectin'/golf carts/Caress made this FIVE STARS in my book. Whoa nelly!

Also, nothing says RESPECT like purchasing a tie with the twin towers on it. Who wants to bet that General 'Murrica there wouldn't set foot in NYC, that den of iniquity, if you paid him? 

Edited by pagooey
  • Love 8

Someone--Charlie? someone else?--had been run over by a golf cart piloted by yet another resident of Patriot Town Trailer Acres, not the defendant. And was injured and thus in distress...? Or so I gathered...I felt like there were some gaps in the saga, and mine wasn't even interrupted by fugitive mayhem. Nonetheless, trailer park/WTC tie/flag disrespectin'/golf carts/Caress made this FIVE STARS in my book. Whoa nelly!

Also, nothing says RESPECT like purchasing a tie with the twin towers on it. Who wants to bet that General 'Murrica there wouldn't set foot in NYC, that den of iniquity, if you paid him?

The plantiff said his partner had been hit with a golf cart. My mind went to homophobia/hate crime territory even though the plantiff never said that. I think he was dissatisfied the police ruled it an accident & the flag thing was a protest.

• Love 6

Back in the 60s, people who went voluntarily into the service enlisted for 3 years (hubby was one of them).

JJ is filmed in L.A., but the stock scenes are from her old stomping grounds of NY.  People's Court is filmed in NY/Connecticut area, but Harvey and the street people are in Santa Monica.  Ain't technology amazing?

• Love 2

My husband had been a Marine for 16 yrs now and he would likely not bring it up, but the haircut sort of gives it away.

While he wouldn't be thrilled about an upside down flag he wouldn't go insane on a flag pole.

I also got the impression the running over was a hate crime.

• Love 4

Got interrupted again, of course, with "Tales of the Well-Endowed Fugitive". After two weeks (?) of this, the conclusion is, "We don't know where the hell they are!"  Mini-series, anyone?

Chanell and her beastly mother really annoyed me. I will never understand why children are given a license to operate a piece of machinery that can easily kill. I mean, they aren't allowed to watch movies with graphic S-E-X, but can drive on freeways? Chanell is a prime example of the lunacy of that. If you aren't old enough to be able to tolerate being yelled out, you're not old enough to have control of a car. Oh, and Chanell? Your blubbering in the hall? No one felt sorry for you, you big fat liar.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'll trust you on that...but in my memory, that tie is always gonna be on fire. Never forget.

I think her name was "Caress." (UGHHHHHHH) Or was it? Maybe she was on fire, too! Anyway, yes, she was definitely a trans woman.

Which leads me to believe that the lives of the Plaintiff's friends and families must have been a misery at the Patriot Town Trailer Park.

I am gayer than a three-dollar bill, and I can't imagine living in a mobile home park in Florida surrounded by America Fark Yeah types. He has every right to hang his flag however he wants to (it doesn't bother this Army vet at all), but he's lucky he got out of there alive.

Edited by teebax
  • Love 9

I'm still mad about that tie. Whoever thought the Twin Towers should be used in that manner should be smacked repeatedly with the flagpole. I kept thinking that 3000+ people DIED there. It's not something whimsical like Cinderella's castle.

All that guy had to do was call the local VFW. A lot of them would have something to say about disrespecting the flag.

• Love 6

Caress, Cherish....I knew it was some type of cozy made-up name.  :)  I forget exactly what the Plaintiff's beef was, but JJ mentioned something along the way about him being upset with a ruling by the Homeowner's Association, and that that might not be a reason to fly a distress flag. Even in freeze-framing the Plaintiff's complaint, a large portion of the left margin was cut off, but it did mention something about his dissatisfaction with the HOA. (Which is part of what led me to believe that it had to do with his partner Charles....perhaps Caress.....)

• Love 1

Back in the 60s, people who went voluntarily into the service enlisted for 3 years (hubby was one of them).

JJ is filmed in L.A., but the stock scenes are from her old stomping grounds of NY.  People's Court is filmed in NY/Connecticut area, but Harvey and the street people are in Santa Monica.  Ain't technology amazing?

Actually I was part of the crowd of street viewers a few years ago.  Harvey is staged on the sidewalk with a TV.  Everyone watches the pre-recorded cases on the TV and then asked us to respond and then they edit in things to look as if it was all occurring at the same time.  MM does her all her cases on certain days and Harvey does the street opinions part another day and just rolls through them all.  I was actually on two days worth of episodes when I was walking by during a visit to NY one day. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Ariana, who does car flip deals at 1:00 a.m.

I just couldn't believe how how happy she was to be on national TV, letting everyone know she's a thief. (Even more so than the usual JJ litigant.) I mean, can she be charged with anything? She clearly thinks she did nothing wrong here.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 8

Ariana, who does car flip deals at 1:00 a.m.(her three kids, probably from three different sperm donors, scattered to the winds) - I bet JJ would have liked to have told Byrd to go over there and smack the ultra-irritating smirk off her face. Her boyfriend - who has been incarcerated so many times she can't even recall them all - found a stray car and took it home, of course. An act of kindess, I'm sure. When, oh when are people going to learn that nothing good comes from using Craigslist?

One good thing came from Craigslist! I got a slammin' deal on a used spinning wheel (I spin fiber into yarn as a hobby/art form) and it is a beauty!

But I wouldn't look for a roommate, a relationship or a vee-hickle on there.

Ariana's smirking and giggling irritated the heck out of me, too. I'll bet the plaintiff was embarrassed to stand there and look like a sucker on national TV. However, it is probably the only way in hell that he would get any of his money back.

• Love 5

I thought stray cars follow you home and stay only if you change their oil, fill their tanks up with gas and wash and wax them?

• Love 6

One good thing came from Craigslist!

I sold something there, but it all went smoothly because I'm not a thief, a con artist or a scammer. And I "put it in writing!"

I just bet Ariana's loverboy "finds" lots of stray things lying around and pawns/sells them to suckers.

• Love 2

Got interrupted again, of course, with "Tales of the Well-Endowed Fugitive". After two weeks (?) of this, the conclusion is, "We don't know where the hell they are!"  Mini-series, anyone?

Those two rascals seem to have disappeared.  I wonder what kind of shenanigans they're getting up to.  Rotten apples, they are!

• Love 5

Those two rascals seem to have disappeared.  I wonder what kind of shenanigans they're getting up to.  Rotten apples, they are!

wouldn't it be something if they're spotted sitting next to Googly Eyes and Beach Tan in the gallery?

• Love 5

One good thing came from Craigslist! I got a slammin' deal on a used spinning wheel (I spin fiber into yarn as a hobby/art form) and it is a beauty!

But I wouldn't look for a roommate, a relationship or a vee-hickle on there.

Ariana's smirking and giggling irritated the heck out of me, too. I'll bet the plaintiff was embarrassed to stand there and look like a sucker on national TV. However, it is probably the only way in hell that he would get any of his money back.

I think Craigslist gets an undeserved bad rep. It's just like anything else in life; there are good people just trying to meet people, sell something, buy something, hire someone, etc., and there are scammers.

I bought my beater car from an ad I saw on Craigslist and had no issues whatsoever. I used my credit union's car-buying service to make sure the title was clear and I paid through them so I'd have proof of the transaction.

I also joined a book club that I first saw advertised there and made a lot of great friends through it and even had a romantic relationship with one of its members. We never liked telling people we met through Craigslist, but we kinda did.

I've bought tickets to concerts, ballgames, an autographed jersey, a TV, a pressure washer, and a bunch of other things I can't remember now through Craigslist ads. My AC went out Tuesday (which was the hottest day of the year at about 108 degrees), and I hired an HVAC guy from Craigslist who fixed it at a tenth the cost I was expecting. The constant in all those transactions was that I brought my common sense with me. I checked out the guy I hired online to make sure he wasn't some nutjob with an arrest record.

The problem, I think, isn't Craigslist at all. It's combining Craigslist with people devoid of any kind of common sense. You don't buy a car without test driving it and having it looked at by a mechanic, regardless of how you first found the listing. If at all possible, when selling or buying something you do it at a neutral location. Some people like to do it at their place of employment. For me, I don't want strangers knowing where I live or where I work, so I prefer a parking lot at a busy shopping center or something like that. When I bought the TV, I needed to see that it worked. But I didn't go to the guy's house by myself; I took my 6' 6" brother with me. When the HVAC guy came to my house, I had my parents hanging out there with me so I wouldn't be there alone when he arrived. 

Who am I kidding though? We're talking about JJ litigants, so common sense isn't going to happen.

• Love 8
(edited)

The constant in all those transactions was that I brought my common sense with me. I checked out the guy I hired online to make sure he wasn't some nutjob with an arrest record.

See, you didn't rush out to buy a car that's reached its age of majority at 1:00a.m in the middle of a snowstorm, or invite some convicted felon to move in with you and set up a joint bank account five days after hooking up.

If everyone had just a modicum of common sense, our JJ snarking days would be over.

Re: The Fugitives who are Ruining our Lives: What's with women falling in love with/helping vicious murderers escape from prison? Did this woman really believe they would have some "Bonnie and Clyde" type romance? And we think the foolish women we see on JJ are desperate. I'd love to see that woman on this show, suing her well-endowed but amoral boo for breach of promise.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 6

My dad was an Air Force lifer--28 years. He doesn't make nearly that big of a deal of his service, although he is a bit OCD about the flag (he always takes it down at night).

My dad (RIP) did 11 years in the Marines and then 20 in the Army. He woulda gone over and chopped the flagpole down with his ever-present pocket knife (that he used to whittle things with including cutting open a joint on his finger and popping out a thorn that got stuck in there - dude was a tough old bird)

As for Craigslist - I will go on there randomly (and feel skerred doing it thanks to JJ). I don't often seen anything interesting for sale (nobody here sells things cheap for some reason). I did see a documentary on Netflix recently about a guy called Craiglist Joe who spent 30 days existing on the kindness of strangers he found on Craigslist (we are talking shelter, food, work etc). 

Ariana frustrated and scared me at the same time. I imagine we are going to see her at some time suing to get her bail money back from her lovely (and literal) partner in crime. 

• Love 3

Re: The Fugitives who are Ruining our Lives: What's with women falling in love with/helping vicious murderers escape from prison? Did this woman really believe they would have some "Bonnie and Clyde" type romance? And we think the foolish women we see on JJ are desperate.

I read somewhere that Scott Peterson gets roughly one marriage proposal per month.  Lyle Menendez married a gorgeous (but disturbed) young model while in jail. She divorced him when she found out he was writing to another female groupie, and then he married again.  And Erik also married while in jail.  Then there's Richard "Night Stalker" Ramirez, who married the freelance writer who was writing an article on him.  By contrast, female contestants on JJ are quite normal.

• Love 2

See, you didn't rush out to buy a car that's reached its age of majority at 1:00a.m in the middle of a snowstorm, or invite some convicted felon to move in with you and set up a joint bank account five days after hooking up.

If everyone had just a modicum of common sense, our JJ snarking days would be over.

Re: The Fugitives who are Ruining our Lives: What's with women falling in love with/helping vicious murderers escape from prison? Did this woman really believe they would have some "Bonnie and Clyde" type romance? And we think the foolish women we see on JJ are desperate. I'd love to see that woman on this show, suing her well-endowed but amoral boo for breach of promise.

The latest word on the tabloid circuit is that she "did it" with both of them. :(

• Love 2

The problem, I think, isn't Craigslist at all. It's combining Craigslist with people devoid of any kind of common sense.

Yes! I've twice found rooms to rent through craigslist and both experiences ended up working out really well. However, both times when I was searching for rooms, I had to go through lots of ads and visited many places. If I got a bad vibe or something seemed off, I didn't rent the room! I've bought pieces of furniture off craigslist. But despite these good experiences, I would Never buy a car off it. Just too much paperwork that could go wrong.

Anyway, with the flag case, I think the judge confused things by mentioning the home owners associations. It seemed like the plaintiff felt like his partner had been targeted and they were feeling under attack. I get it. But there was a lot that was being left unsaid and implied about the whole atmosphere of the trailer park and Judy either wasn't picking up on it or didn't want to get into because it didn't Directly apply to the case.

Oh I loved watching Judy tell that bad uncle that he was scam artist (from the case with the uncle selling his nephew a car and then taking it back). What a jerk.

• Love 5
(edited)
QuoteQuote

Oh I loved watching Judy tell that bad uncle that he was scam artist

Wasn't he a slimy creep, looking like he just stepped off the set of "Dallas"?

QuoteI read somewhere that Scott Peterson gets roughly one marriage proposal per month. 

Ted Bundy, one of most vicious, sadistic and prolific serial killers ever, got more than that, I think. There was a program about women who want to marry men who will never get out of prison. They were a pretty pathetic bunch, actually. They want attention so badly, it's a "Look at me!" thing. They also want to be married, but don't want to deal with a real-life husband, especially one who would have no qualms about murdering them.

The latest word on the tabloid circuit is that she "did it" with both of them. :(

...and wanted them to kill her husband.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
(edited)

To the poster who said someone wanted to make payments, not finance. I completely understand their thinking. I think it goes back to days of yesteryear, when businesses would let you make a purchase and then pay a divided amount for a short period, without interest. I also think that they relate financing to homes, not dental or doctor bills. They want to deal directly with the business so to speak, not a bank. Does that make sense in explaining why they would say payments no financing?

Stewedsquash, I'm the original poster. Back in the days of yesteryear, people didn't fix their teeth -- they extracted decayed teeth and got a set of dentures. Nowadays, with implants and custom prostheses, etc., a full mouth rehab can cost upwards of $50K, about the same as a Mercedes. But unlike a Mercedes, it can't be repo'd if the buyer doesn't pay. 

There are finance companies, such as CareCredit, which offer zero interest programs if the payments are made in a short amount of time -- usually 12 months or less. If you exceed the 12 months, some wickedly horrific interest rates kick in.

I have offered a kind of "layaway plan" to patients when they don't have funds and it's not an emergency. They can pay $100 (or whatever) a month toward their account, and when they are close to the amount they need, we will schedule the appointment and do the work. Surprisingly, very few take me up on it. Most want the treatment now, and pay later.

It's sad, but for some folks their only alternative is to go to a denture clinic and get a set of false teeth. Not everyone can afford a Mercedes -- some have to settle for a '98 Ford Fiesta from Craigslist (and hope it's not a stolen Ford Fiesta!)

It's not a just world sometimes, but like so many JJ litigants say in their hallterviews, "It is what it is."

Edited by Intocats
  • Love 3

I'm not thinking I'll go the green/blue route.

And we thank you for that....  ;-)

(It was kind of awesome, though.)

Caught Renee Soich on the morning repeat. Holey moley. JJ to her mom:  "She has no moral compass!"  She's the sweet young thing who shacked up with an "accomplice." JJ kept referring to the boyfriend as that. hee. It was a fairly recent case, so maybe they are both still out of jail at this point. I'm betting that anyone who says of the love of her life, "Not his first time in jail, probably won't be the last" won't be far behind.

• Love 1

I've been trying to decide what I can do to spice up my hair.  After today's episode of JJ, I'm not thinking I'll go the green/blue route.

Coupled with the defendant's 5 o'clock shadow, those were some scary looking "women."

• Love 1

Most want the treatment now, and pay later.

Don't you mean they want the treatment (or the Mercedes, or the 60" TV etc.) now, because they have no intention of paying later or EVER?

Anyone remember the German (I think) lady who had truly awesome blue hair? Today's plaintiff, not so much. Looked like someone dumped a glass of blue Kool-Aid on her head. I didn't notice the def.'s 5 o'clock shadow. Must watch again.

• Love 3