Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

JJ asked if the plaintiff had photos of these items, and when she did, JJ looked at her skeptically and asked, "WHY do you have pictures of your kitchen??"  The woman convincingly said that her daughter had taken those photos years ago. 

Answer: "After all these years watching your show, Judge, we took photos  of the kitchen in the event something happened and we had to sue the contractor. I also have the receipts if you'd like to see them."

RE: scumbag father stealing money from child

IIRC, there was a case several years ago where a father used his son's social security number to either open a bank account or get a credit card and ruined the son's credit.

• Love 3

And foolishly, it was turned over to him in a lump sum when he turned 18.

Sorry, no. I deal with this at my place of work - less since certain credit laws changed.

Like it or not, 18 is the arbitrary age of enlightenment in the US. When you are eighteen, you are legally an adult, and you are supposed to be ready to handle your money as an adult. It wasn't "foolishly turned over" - no one had any right to it except him. And as douchy as his dad sounds, helping out a parent is hardly the worst squandering of a settlement I have ever seen on this show.  

Sorry if I sound harsh - I used to have this conversation twice a day with helicopter parents determined to let me know how their 19-20 year wasn't responsible enough for the credit card they were using, and it was my job to explain the reality that once the kid turns 18, mom and dad can't manage his finances for him. Its just a pet peeve - the money wasn't "foolishly" turned over to him, he was a legal adult and the money couldn't be kept from him. Trust me, there's a LOT of stupid 30+, 40+, 50+ people out there who deserve to hear how stupid they are with money and how they aren't adult enough to handle it... and the vast majority of them won't like hearing it. I can't put it all on the dumbass kid when dumbass adults do the same damn thing.

• Love 6

I think it was more the lump sump nature of the payment, perhaps remittance should have been staggered to avoid being squandered.

Out of curiosity, are settlements like this regarded as "taxable income" by IRS and state government?

I think it was more the lump sump nature of the payment, perhaps remittance should have been staggered to avoid being squandered.

As I understand it, you can request that, and some places may insist on it, which has led to a sub industry of companies "buying" settlements from people who want their money now. I'm pretty sure JJ has chided a few people for being so stupid as to accept less sooner rather than more paid out over time.

Oh the injustice of terrorists interrupting my television.  Cruel world indeed.

Really?  Mine was interupted by Obama giving a speech at a car plant. When I viewed it and he was making jokes I was taken aback. Probably this was huger news because my JJ comes from Detroit.

And if it is cruel to be interupted by terrorists, what do you call it when you are interupted for Motor City chit chat? Luckily I was able to watch the new ep later on another channel.

And as douchy as his dad sounds, helping out a parent is hardly the worst squandering of a settlement I have ever seen on this show.

I agree. Helping out in many cases would be a wonderful thing to do. However, having a kid pay his drunken deadbeat father's child support and DUI fines is nothing short of disgusting.

• Love 4

And it would be great if someone would start a fashion thread (with screen shots or videos of course). I am still enthralled with the woman a few months back with the matching clown red hair and foundation garments. So informative! And trendy, too!

I totally flove this idea, however, I am a technology dinosaur and wouldn't have the ability to contribute--however, I'd be a regular reader!

Mine was interupted by Obama giving a speech at a car plant. When I viewed it and he was making jokes I was taken aback. Probably this was huger news because my JJ comes from Detroit.

I feel your pain, since I'm actually IN the Detroit area, so no JJ for us either

But I did like his speech. The man can deliver. 

• Love 1

I just watched a quickie.

A loan vs. barter case featuring a hair dresser defendant with an early Kate Gosselin (pre-extensions) hairdo. JJ shut her down so fast, it was a thing of beauty. To paraphrase JJ: you were on a flight for 6 hours, yet you can't answer the most basic question about your own defense.

Her defense seemed implausible anyway. How could the plantiff possibly have racked up $1500 in hair salon services in 2 months? A basic haircut with highlights at a no-name salon in Maryland?! Please.

• Love 1

The settlement was achieved when the boy was a minor, meaning it should have been approved by a judge.  The boy's lawyer would have been retained by a parent, but would have been acting in the boy's best interests, and should have recommended to the parent that the funds be invested until he turned 18, and provision made for a structured settlement as described above.   No income tax consequences, and the teenager isn't handed a big fact cheque he can't handle.  I have never seen a judge approve a settlement that would simply have funds turned over at the age of majority, it's not in the child's best interests, unless it is a relatively small amount.

Structured settlement companies are highly regulated in Canada, where I have been practising law for over 20 years.  Not sure what jurisdiction QuelleC is in to take issue with their business ethics.

The Mold Was Real But The Pot Wasn't - That was a nice turnabout.  At first I was looking forward to the defendant getting busted for having a grow op the house he was renting.  It wasn't too long before JJ & I (we're a team now) were on to the grow up being a figment of the landlady's feverish imagination, and that the defendants were living inside a literal mushroom.  Like Smurfs, but with more rot.

The Lure Of Speed - Guys I couldn't wait to tell you about this case.  These days, people smoke weed, oxy & stuff... shoot heroin... (I'm an expert, I watched every episode of Intervention since its premiere), but this blonde plaintiff, who totally looked like she had her shit together before she started to talk, must have consumed prodigious quantities of speed before her appearance.  Fast talking, twitches, bizarre affect, insane lawsuit, it was all there.  My joy was compounded when, in the hallterview, the defendant said: "she's on speed, that's why she's wired."  Told you all that watching Intervention made me an expert!  That dream used Mercedes was soooo not a gift.

• Love 8

So, I got to  see the entire story of the ex-husband who not only stole the elite-brand appliances, but he SOLD them.

I missed the hallterview but my eyes were popping out of my head during the entire case. Apparently his now dead Ex Mother In Law had a totally renovated kitchen with the top of the line appliances coveted by the House Hunters Crowd (aka "stainless steel"). My daughter who absolutely loathes JJ happened to watch a few minutes and was incredulous that Mr. Not-so-Perfect had sold the appliance to catch up on bills, including the RENT for the place he stole the appliances from! Perhaps he was replacing them with some used items spruced up with aluminum paint that he found on Craigslist in hope that his Ex-wife wouldn't notice. (see - everything evil in Judge Judy Land always ends up tied to Craigslist!!!! : D )

• Love 4

The Mold Was Real But The Pot Wasn't - That was a nice turnabout.  At first I was looking forward to the defendant getting busted for having a grow op the house he was renting.  It wasn't too long before JJ & I (we're a team now) were on to the grow up being a figment of the landlady's feverish imagination, and that the defendants were living inside a literal mushroom.  Like Smurfs, but with more rot.

The Lure Of Speed - Guys I couldn't wait to tell you about this case.  These days, people smoke weed, oxy & stuff... shoot heroin... (I'm an expert, I watched every episode of Intervention since its premiere), but this blonde plaintiff, who totally looked like she had her shit together before she started to talk, must have consumed prodigious quantities of speed before her appearance.  Fast talking, twitches, bizarre affect, insane lawsuit, it was all there.  My joy was compounded when, in the hallterview, the defendant said: "she's on speed, that's why she's wired."  Told you all that watching Intervention made me an expert!  That dream used Mercedes was soooo not a gift.

Oooo, I can't wait to see this. I've got 2 hours until air time.

It will not disappoint.

It did not. Druggy, freaked out and twitching crazy blonde, making all sorts of creepy faces,  was everything I'd hoped for. Yeah, my dream car has always been a 2K Mercedes that's been sitting for ten years. Mr. Valenzuela? You wanted her. You got her. Don't bitch about it now.

Biggest lie told in this case?

JJ: "Is there something wrong with you?"

Twitchy: "No."

It wasn't too long before JJ & I (we're a team now) were on to the grow up being a figment of the landlady's feverish imagination

I love it when things do a 180 degree turn. Messy-bunned landlady, who needed to drag her aged daddy into court with her, turned out to be a total freak, whose only evidence was, "The contractor told me he smelled pot."  Yeah, that's going to fly in JJ's court. Maybe her bobby pins were digging too deeply into her skull, but she just did not get that the def. (who left quite a mess of a different kind) was NOT going to fund the remodel of her moldy house.

Loved the rerun of the 60 year old cabbie with the enormous belly who took in a weird-looking 23 year old girl to live with him and expected us to believe he wasn't creeping on her. Case dismissed!

• Love 3

I actually said to the TV, "bitch you are crazy as fuuuuuuUUuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuuuck!" in my best Tarzan impression. She was stammering like Ally McBeal on a Sybian cranked up to 10.

The case with the chick with red hair was interesting. I don't see how the mother can hold the car over the babymama's head and then when she says fuck it, take the car back, she should've tried to get the car signed over to her. JJ said the girl didn't take any strides to get the car put in her name. The guy's mom should've just signed the car over to her instead of trying to have something to hold over head.

• Love 2

The guy's mom should've just signed the car over to her instead of trying to have something to hold over head.

If baby mama could have gotten financing for the car at that time, she would have done it, so obviously Momma couldn't sign it over to her.  When she WAS able to finance a car, she got herself a new one and dumped the old one on Momma, still owing 7K on it.

The burgundy hair and black chiffon was too perfect for someone named "Desieree".  She shouldn't be bitching, since she's the one who chose to create offspring with Tweedledum, who still needs his bulldog-ish mom to run his life.

If you can't buy your own car, and must have Mom take care of you and deal with your custody battles, maybe you're not mentally or financially ready to breed. Of course, that never gives the "Idiocracy" segment a moment's pause.

• Love 2

Yes on everything said already about high-strung and strung-out Susan Freas.  Holy crap, she nearly gesticulated herself right out of her oversized blazer.  I wasn't even looking in the direction of the TV until I heard her say, "we were more than friends" about Mr. Valenzuela.  That statement grossed me out, so I turned around to see the camera go from her being berserk to Mr. Valenzuela who couldn't have been more low-strung.  Ms. Freas' two witnesses looked like shady characters from some old-timey bar.  And did anyone notice how suspicious Byrd was of her?  He stared at her, and then gave an expression that clearly said, "hmph, crazy white lady."  I'm with Mr. Valenzuela, who said in his hallterview, "I'm not dating for a long time. I don't even like the love songs, okay?!"  Mr. V, I don't know what the hell you were thinking being more than friends with Ms. Freas, but you somewhat redeemed yourself with that hallterview comment.  

Oh, and the sloppy grandma and red/black-haired girl case....I was so distracted by grandma Juanita Butler's dental situation.  Was she toothless?  Only bottom teeth?  Ill-fitting dentures and a vicious underbite?  That's all I took from that case.

Mr. Smith, 60, and his 23-year-old roommate....as JJ said, "NOT NAWMEL."  I noticed that once the case was dismissed, Ms. Carmine ran over and passionately hugged her witness, who was a Mr. Smith look-alike.  Not nawmel.

• Love 4
If baby mama could have gotten financing for the car at that time, she would have done it, so obviously Momma couldn't sign it over to her.  When she WAS able to finance a car, she got herself a new one and dumped the old one on Momma, still owing 7K on it.

I understand that she probably couldn't have bought the car on her own at first (and I'm thinking she couldn't afford it partially because baby daddy wasn't exactly carrying his weight financially when it came to paying for their child), but I mean if she was the one driving and paying on it, Juanita could've signed the title over to her and then the payments and everything would've been totally her responsibility right? Or maybe I'm mistaken and if you have a car loan, you can't sign it over to someone else? And if she had done like JJ said and just paid off the car loan from the mom, wouldn't the mom still have had the title to the car?

but I mean if she was the one driving and paying on it, Juanita could've signed the title over to her and then the payments and everything would've been totally her responsibility right?

That's the whole point. There was still a lot of money owed on the car, Desieree could not get a loan in her own name, therefore Juanita would have to be absolutely crazy to sign the title over to her without the car being paid off. That would have totally freed Desieree from paying another dime. The car would be hers, free and clear, and the loan in someone's name. I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing. 

Ms. Carmine ran over and passionately hugged her witness, who was a Mr. Smith look-alike.

Maybe he was her father? Yeah, I know. I'm being naive.

I understand that she probably couldn't have bought the car on her own at first (and I'm thinking she couldn't afford it partially because baby daddy wasn't exactly carrying his weight financially when it came to paying for their child), but I mean if she was the one driving and paying on it, Juanita could've signed the title over to her and then the payments and everything would've been totally her responsibility right? Or maybe I'm mistaken and if you have a car loan, you can't sign it over to someone else? And if she had done like JJ said and just paid off the car loan from the mom, wouldn't the mom still have had the title to the car?

You can't sign your loan over to someone else. You can have them make the payments on your behalf, but the other person would have to refinance it in order for you to be free of the deal and responsibility. That's why JJ criticized the agreement the plaintiff swore she created based on the police's suggestion. You can't sign away liability for something you own.

Loans are made based on the applicant's credit history, length of employment, etc. So no bank is going to just let you sign over your loan to another person, since the bank made the deal based on your history, not someone else's.

• Love 1

That was so sad. Susan looked so normal (sans the Murphy Brown hairdo), then the more she opened her mouth the more bat shit crazy she appeared to be. Did I hear correctly that she moved in with BF 10 months after his wife died?

• Love 3

I actually said to the TV, "bitch you are crazy as fuuuuuuUUuuuuuUUUUUuuuuuuuuck!" in my best Tarzan impression. She was stammering like Ally McBeal on a Sybian cranked up to 10.

<< knows about the Sybian, don't think Ally McBeal would get on one. 

With the shaky father who had to sit down and the extremely twitchy motor mouth speed lady, is there any limit to the level of impairment that would keep someone off of JJ?

We know extreme levels of intellectual impairment are not a bar.

• Love 1

Structured settlement companies are highly regulated in Canada, where I have been practising law for over 20 years.  Not sure what jurisdiction QuelleC is in to take issue with their business ethics.

Quof - I believe QuelleC was not saying the people who set up the structured settlements are shady but the companies who offer half of the value to put cash in the persons hand now are low life pay day loan types. 

He was a sweet kid. I will say this, he gave his dad a bit of the money but he probably treated friends or blew way more than that on video games and dvds.

I don't think it was out of line to consider this a gift to his dad.

I had a friend who inherited a small amount of money from her grandfather. Old school grandfather said her brother could have his cash right away but she being a stupid girl had to wait until 25. She got that struck down pretty fast.

• Love 1

Oh, and the sloppy grandma and red/black-haired girl case....I was so distracted by grandma Juanita Butler's dental situation.  Was she toothless?  Only bottom teeth?  Ill-fitting dentures and a vicious underbite?  That's all I took from that case.

Mr. Smith, 60, and his 23-year-old roommate....as JJ said, "NOT NAWMEL."  I noticed that once the case was dismissed, Ms. Carmine ran over and passionately hugged her witness, who was a Mr. Smith look-alike.  Not nawmel.

I was really trying to catch that dental situation and wondering if that was meth or it even could have been something like dilantin or tetracylcline at an early age.

Exactly on about Ms Carmine -I exhaled loudly (woof!!) at that hug. She certainly had a type - bald and tubby and have we ever seen such an exultant hug?  I was thinking it was all for show and to rub it in to the 60 year old bald tubby guys face.  

• Love 1

With the shaky father who had to sit down and the extremely twitchy motor mouth speed lady, is there any limit to the level of impairment that would keep someone off of JJ?

She once had a defendant who was so deep into his addiction (I don't recall his poison of choice) that he literally couldn't form answers to the questions. JJ actually offered to get him professional help. It was quite sad and painful to watch. Given that, I'm thinking the answer to your question is "no".

• Love 3

She once had a defendant who was so deep into his addiction (I don't recall his poison of choice) that he literally couldn't form answers to the questions

IIRC, it was heroin. Yes, he seemed to be in withdrawal and it was terribly painful to see. I doubt he accepted JJ's offer to help him.

• Love 1

Did I hear correctly that she moved in with BF 10 months after his wife died?

Yes.  And did anyone notice her fast exit from the courtroom?  It fitted in well with her general demeanor.  Even Byrd noticed it.

Edited by Sarcastico
  • Love 5

Loans are made based on the applicant's credit history, length of employment, etc. So no bank is going to just let you sign over your loan to another person, since the bank made the deal based on your history, not someone else's.

Thank you, Teebax, for explaining it much more coherently than I was able.

Yes.  And did anyone notice her fast exit from the courtroom?

She flew out of there like her ass was on fire, didn't she? Maybe she was overdue for a dose of...something or other.

• Love 2

Yes.  And did anyone notice her fast exit from the courtroom?  It fitted in well with her general demeanor.  Even Byrd noticed it.

In the halterview, the defendant observed she was on speed. His comment that he doesn't like love songs anymore......I've been watching too many old sitcoms because this Partridge Family song popped into my head

• Love 1
That's the whole point. There was still a lot of money owed on the car, Desieree could not get a loan in her own name, therefore Juanita would have to be absolutely crazy to sign the title over to her without the car being paid off. That would have totally freed Desieree from paying another dime. The car would be hers, free and clear, and the loan in someone's name. I can't imagine anyone doing such a thing.
You can't sign your loan over to someone else. You can have them make the payments on your behalf, but the other person would have to refinance it in order for you to be free of the deal and responsibility. That's why JJ criticized the agreement the plaintiff swore she created based on the police's suggestion. You can't sign away liability for something you own.

I gotcha. It's still a little strange though if you're taking out a loan for someone and thus relying on them to make timely payments.

It's still a little strange though if you're taking out a loan for someone and thus relying on them to make timely payments.

It's really, really stupid. I wouldn't do it for anyone - not even a family member or my closest friend -  let alone some girlfriend or boyfriend of my kid who has absolutely no reason to care if I get stuck with it or not, especially after one dumps the other. But if people only made reasonable, considered decisions, there would be no JJ for us and that is a sad thought indeed.

Those bastards. AGAIN, with the France terrorist news pre-empting JJ. They just could not do it during the second half hour of reruns, or butt into any other daytime garbage programs. It's always JJ. When I want news, I watch the news.

• Love 1

I think the first episode was a rerun.  Or maybe I'm just remembering another case that involved a limo with busted air conditioning.  Either way, that lady's hair needed a better salon.

In the second episode, I decided not to trust the witness once she stood up and used the word "kids's" /kidziz/  That theory (people who say kids's shouldn't be trusted) was proven correct when she stupidly busted herself and the litigant.  

The second case left me guessing at the end.  During the case, I was agreeing with Judge Judy - Tiffany Spalding was a dog-stealing dirtbag.  She broke into that girl's house and stole the dog.  She admitted to it, and I wonder what kind of charms she used during police questioning, because she said they let her go without any problems.  But then, at the very end, I wondered if the dog really was stolen the second time.  I thought it was really weird that the orange-haired girl was extremely overjoyed in the hallterview and said, "I am 100% delighted!!"  Huh?  If your beloved dog is gone, you miss it, and you don't even know if it's in the land of the living, that level of exuberance seemed odd.  She didn't say anything about missing her dog.  Then, Ms. Spalding came into the hall and said, "She's a liar and a drama queen.  I think she has the dog right now."  Hmm...maybe she does.

But maybe those two cases were put into one episode because today's theme was: Both Sides Are Lying.

• Love 1

Those bastards. AGAIN, with the France terrorist news pre-empting JJ. They just could not do it during the second half hour of reruns, or butt into any other daytime garbage programs. It's always JJ. When I want news, I watch the news.

I feel ya' Angela, in Texas spring there are storms 3x week.  No one gives a shit until JJ, then the local channel decides it's the freaking apocalypse.  HELLO full of yourself weather dude!  It's spring,  It's Texas.  Even us non-weather people know there are storms. There are 4000 places on the web and TV where I can look at a damn radar.

• Love 6

No one gives a shit until JJ, then the local channel decides it's the freaking apocalypse.

I know! How infuriating is that? The last weather-related butt-in we had, the weather team in Vermont wanted to talk about the tornado in Vermont. Nothing happened of course, so then they had to start talking about what COULD have happened had the tornado appeared and it deteriorated down to them reminiscing about their golf game that morning, and how they saw dark clouds, and gee, sometimes you see clouds like that before a tornado. Golly! Even THEY seemed embarassed, but could not, or would not, shut up. For one whole hour. I was hoping hail the size of softballs would strike them all.

I thought it was really weird that the orange-haired girl was extremely overjoyed in the hallterview and said, "I am 100% delighted!!"

Very true. I might feel vindicated and grimly satisfied that the defendant got nothing but humiliation, but "delighted", with my poor dog ending up who knows where? Nope. I'd be heart broken. That doesn't negate the fact that the def. seemed very scuzzy and I just bet she got her lover-boy, with the shit-eating grin, to break in.

• Love 2
It's really, really stupid. I wouldn't do it for anyone - not even a family member or my closest friend -  let alone some girlfriend or boyfriend of my kid who has absolutely no reason to care if I get stuck with it or not, especially after one dumps the other. But if people only made reasonable, considered decisions, there would be no JJ for us and that is a sad thought indeed.

True that. But like I said, I think some of that had to do with the fact that she was her grandchild's mother, and probably the reason why she wasn't able to afford a loan at that time had something to do with her son not carrying the weight regarding the child. She seemed a little too "involved" in that whole thing. I believe the defendant when she said she heard nothing about the car until the whole custody dispute between her and the father.

The second case left me guessing at the end.  During the case, I was agreeing with Judge Judy - Tiffany Spalding was a dog-stealing dirtbag.  She broke into that girl's house and stole the dog.  She admitted to it, and I wonder what kind of charms she used during police questioning, because she said they let her go without any problems.  But then, at the very end, I wondered if the dog really was stolen the second time.  I thought it was really weird that the orange-haired girl was extremely overjoyed in the hallterview and said, "I am 100% delighted!!"  Huh?  If your beloved dog is gone, you miss it, and you don't even know if it's in the land of the living, that level of exuberance seemed odd.  She didn't say anything about missing her dog.  Then, Ms. Spalding came into the hall and said, "She's a liar and a drama queen.  I think she has the dog right now."  Hmm...maybe she does.

Yeeeah, that was a little questionable. JJ's aggressive style usually doesn't leave room for context, but she fixated early on the fact that the defendant admitted to going in her house before and taking the dog, which was "burglary". But the girl said she did because she wouldn't return her book for her class, which is a dumb reason, but is still, you know, a reason. It's not like she was stealing for drug money or for the lulz. She wanted her stuff back so she held the dog and the plaintiff gave her her book back. Bad decision or not, it...worked. What reason did she have to go in and steal the dog again? And I know the plaintiff had a story about why she didn't have access to the police report, but JJ overlooked that. Uh, how are you going to verify whether her dog was even stolen? And JJ's patronizing smile towards her boyfriend was gross. Bitch, you don't know if they have the dog or not. But the tubby plaintiff seemed a little too satisfied with the money and her missing dog still not being found.

• Love 3

The stolen dog case got fishier as it went along. The first time she stole the dog, OK; it was a shitty thing to do to achieve a resolution. It did work though. I don't believe she took the dog a second time. No mention of the dog was made in the hallterview, no; I miss little Rover every day. Over the years JJ has been bamboozled(sister who painted the bedroom black-they've been on other shows), it would be interesting to know if these two were recruited by the show, or if they applied. Got a grifter vibe. 

• Love 1

This gave me a vision of France during 9/11....Le Bastards.

9/11? Definitely pre-empt everything for that. A world leader being assassinated? Sure. Rain? Snow? An imaginary tornado? Hell, no!

But there are atrocities and acts of unspeakable violence being committed all over the world, 24/7. That's what the news hour is for.

I think they always butt in to JJ because if they interrupted a soap opera, they fear violence in the streets.

it would be interesting to know if these two were recruited by the show, or if they applied.

We know there are people who agree to appear here so that they can actually get paid for whatever damages they have, and I'm sure sometimes it's with the "agreeance" of both parties, but can people apply to be on this show? I didn't think so, and thought the staff trawled court cases and made their selections.

• Love 1

What happened with the limo case? I somehow missed the last segment and deleted it from the DVR

Well, stewedsquash has it pretty well covered but, you did miss some real emotion in the case. When the female plantiff said the driver returned to pick them up in his father's car there was an audible "Aww...!" from the studio audience. Poor thing! It was supposed to be her special day. Fortunately she & her husband seemed very happy & lovely & in sync with one another---all the "fancy" limo rides in the world can't make up for that.

What I didn't understand---it seemed as though the limo driver showed up late to begin with, so the 3 hour clock should have started later. Or, why didn't the limo company contact the plaintiffs directly about adding on to the allotted time/fee before just calling time on the driver? There was already a valid complaint about the a/c as confirmed by the driver. And there was a personal connection that lead to the couple requesting that particular driver in the first place. Unless the limo was scheduled to report to another engagement directly (which seems unlikely) a small allowance should have been made.

I think they always butt in to JJ because if they interrupted a soap opera, they fear violence in the streets.

When Dr. Oz initially moved to the station, nothing could interrupt it. Interrupt JJ, sure, but Oz was untouchable.

What I didn't understand---it seemed as though the limo driver showed up late to begin with, so the 3 hour clock should have started later. Or, why didn't the limo company contact the plaintiffs directly about adding on to the allotted time/fee before just calling time on the driver? There was already a valid complaint about the a/c as confirmed by the driver. And there was a personal connection that lead to the couple requesting that particular driver in the first place. Unless the limo was scheduled to report to another engagement directly (which seems unlikely) a small allowance should have been made.

I didn't understand that either. But the way the bride was giving JJ the stink-eye leads me to believe there was something in their sworn statement that JJ didn't like.

• Love 2