Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yet again . . . "I DO have insurance, but it was lapsed."

JJ:  "Then you don't have insurance."

We are doomed.

Worse, she actually said lapped not lapsed.  JJ just assumed she said lapsed and didn't realize she needed to correct her like I did.  "No, it is lapSed with an 's' not lapped.  Your insurance didn't lap."

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 6

I couldn't watch yesterday's repeats when they started with a brick being thrown through a car window in a little domestic dispute.

Maybe I'll be able to watch later today, after I start drinking.

Merry Christmas to all snarkers here!

I'll leave you with my annual Christmas advice, courtesy of a particularly astute litigant:

"Don't get drunk at Christmas parties at family members' house that you don't belong to."

And please - do NOT let your insurance lap.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Merry Christmas to all snarkers here!

I'll leave you with my annual Christmas advice, courtesy of a particularly astute litigant:

"Don't get drunk at Christmas parties at family members' house that you don't belong to."

Merry Christmas to you too and thanks for the laugh!

• Love 7

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannakuah to all!

i also didn't think the video was horrible, it wasn't fabulous but $250 is what she deserved just for her time at the wedding.  In 1996 I paid my photographer more than $250 to show up.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, vibeology said:

Considering the time both the day of the wedding and to do all that editing, that video was a steal at $250. I didn't think it was that great but it wasn't a disaster. 

ITA, maybe not great, but for the price very reasonable. Also, all those white clothes in a large hall with questionable lighting, actually pretty good. By plaintiff's own testimony, she was there from 2-3pm til 1 am next morning. And, like you say, spent some time editing. Then he questions why she didn't bring a second videographer and complains about the product. I think his real complaint was she wouldn't turn over the raw footage, as she says in hallterview.

Another problem I had, not with the case, but with the episode title from Direct TV talking about "same sex wedding woes". WTH did "same sex" have to do with anything? Why not go whole hog and say two gay black men, one a fat guy, with some fat black guests? I'm not big on political correctness, but that just struck me as out there.

Edited by SRTouch
Autocorrect
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Another problem I had, not with the case, but with the episode title from Direct TV talking about "same sex wedding woes". WTH did "same sex" have to do with anything?

I wish we could get to the point of not calling it a "same-sex wedding" at all. Two people got married. It's a wedding. Period. 

I would have loved to have gone to that wedding, too! It looked like a lot of fun -- and I was totally digging the larger fellow's drum major jacket. But I cannot believe how long that video played! Complete with crappy soundtrack! I honestly thought she was gonna keep playing it through to the commercial break. 

As for the videography, I thought it was fine. When you're paying $250, you're gonna get what you get. And what you get ain't gonna be a Baz Lurhmann production. 

Sorry you're having an irritating time of it, Stewedsquash! I'm just taking a break while my cake is in the oven for the ravening hordes tomorrow. It's very lucky I'm such a messy cook (who HATES baking) and splashed the batter all over myself. I licked it off my sweater and there was no sugar in it. This was after I spilled half a cup of oil all over the place, which was a lot of fun to clean up. The F-bombs flying around my kitchens weren't very seasonally cheerful at all.

I find the Dropkick Murphys help keep me in the right frame of mind:

• Love 6

Happy holidays to all.  We are just just dining with the three of us (husband, son and myself). It's kind of nice, it's the first Christmas we've been able to have in the home we moved into two years ago, since we usually travel.

Now for the big news! I've been to a Tea Dance! I can't believe they are still being held on this world, even Judge Judy doesn't ask people anymore if they thought they were going to a tea dance!  It was aboard the Queen Mary 2, and they have different  teas everyday at 3:30. For some they have an string quartet, sometimes a harpist, and one day a swing band with dancing! They also had gentelemen hosts, and one lady hostess for singles who wanted to dance. ( I am now a travel agent and was offered the chance to go as an incredible deal in order to experience the ship.)

• Love 9
12 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Now for the big news! I've been to a Tea Dance!

Did anyone interrupt the dance to ask, "Where do you think you are? An episode of the Judge Judy show?!" 

Hope everyone's Christmases were swell! 

4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:
  • One of the episodes had a lady buying a car and she had a checking account but no checks .I have a checking account no checks but a debit card. Jj stop living in the 1950s.

Didn't watch, yet, but know exactly what you mean. I seldom write a check, maybe 1 or twice a year. Same thing with her total disbelief that many people are paid in cash and have no bank account. Not because they're trying to hide money (although many ARE) but because their place of employment deals in cash. Sure, it's best if they had a bank account, or at least paid with money orders rather than cash, but many don't. NOTE: I always thought it best for my to have a bank account and not carry a wad cash on me simply because I find it too easy to impulse buy and not even remember where money was spent. Also, many many moons ago I was robbed of a month's pay when I was an Army private - lesson learned, don't carry around all your money... and of course earn you're a private living in an open bay, you don't leave money in a locker, you put it in the bank. 

Edited by SRTouch
Delete extra word
  • Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:27 AM, AngelaHunter said:

And, my personal fave, "Be careful who you breed with."  It's holiday party time, y'all.  I know you be "talkin' " to lots of folks.

I came into the wedding episode during the video and had no idea what I'd stumbled into! Kept changing channels, thinking it was wrong, or that the station was running something else that day. Once the penny dropped, I wish I'd paid more attention to it.

Wishing all my JJ besties a safe and happy holiday season!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

That is exactly what my kitchen experiences are like so I love you forever for posting it! (your cake making, not the video haha)

@NYCFree  I want to go to a damn tea dance! With someone who can dance, not my husband! And who won't mind dancing with someone who can't dance, me!

I  am going to a tea dance it is a fundraiser for my youngest school.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

This whole tea dance got started because someone mentioned JJ bringing up tea dances in one of her little asides.  I don't think I have ever seen that happen and I feel like I have missed out on one of her great quips. 

Really? She used to often say to clueless, dimwitted litigants who appear with zero proof of anything, "Did you think you were coming to a tea dance?"

Let's have our own tea dance! We can "trip the light fantastic", something my mother used to say but I really don't know the meaning of it.

• Love 2

I'm late to the party as usual but I would have brought homemade chocolate cake!!! Merry Xmas and Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays and all that mushy stuff, posters!  I spent Xmas morning at church, Xmas afternoon at my daughter's house with all our family eating a late Xmas lunch (and watching two toddlers open presents - my grandson's favorite present was a $5 toy from Walgreens that played The Hot Diggity Dog Song from the Mickey Mouse Club on a loop prompting his auntow for the big news! I've been to a Tea Dance! I can't believe they are still being held on this world, even Judge Judy doesn't ask people anymore if they thought they were going to a tea dance! e station where he was on duty. (thanks to the fine men and women who had to work on Xmas day). I ate so much that my ankles were Xmas CANKLES by the end of the evening (ham overload).

Now for the big news! I've been to a Tea Dance! I can't believe they are still being held on this world, even Judge Judy doesn't ask people anymore if they thought they were going to a tea dance! 

When my daughter married into a fine old school Southern family, she was invited to her sister in law's COTILLION!! 

I find I am sorely missing the snark on here with my snarkalicious friends - nobody understands my weird obsession with all things JJ and my urge to talk ugly about them. JJ needs to fire up some fresh episodes pronto. 

• Love 2

Oh wow, crazy chihuahua lady - and who does that hatchet faced nut remind me of? Anyway, story is the renter next door had one of his dogs get out under the shared fence and attack one of her little yappers. Her dog was unleashed in her unfenced yard. Ok, strict liability case, both dogs unleashed and out of control of owners, but neighbor's dog came into her yard and bit her dog, so he's liable. But, wait, the neighbor and his landlord have already paid the $80 vet bill, so why is chihuahua lady suing? Apparently, since the neighbor's dog has proven he can get out of his yard, she now wants the neighbor and his landlord to foot the $1300 bill to fence her yard. Uh, no, ain't happening. And, as long as she's suing, she wants money for her own bite - but has no evidence she was bitten and waited a week before sending email asking if dog was current on rabies vaccinations. Her case is tossed, and now we get to the defamation and slander countersuit. That's really a two parter. Part one, the landlord, wants money because nutty plaintiff works at Home Depot, where she's telling all the local contractors that that the landlord is a sleeze. Landlord says she has to deal with these contractors, and nutty's storytelling is hurting her reputation. JJ says, nope, that doesn't rise to the level of slander. In my mind, the next part is worth a little monetary wrist slap. Seems plaintiff tried to retaliate by reporting the neighbors to CPS for child neglect. To me, child neglect should be reported if suspected, but everything I heard indicated her report was attempted revenge/intimidation, not based on any attempt to protect children. In fact, sounds like she and the neighborhood children have an ongoing feud. I really felt JJ should have come down on hatchet face - but instead, since the children in question were already in the system, JJ said no harm done because CPS had already vetted the neighbors when they placed the kids. Nope, to me she should be punished for making that call, whether or not the kids already had a case worker assigned. Guess JJ disagreed, or maybe time ran out, but she never really looked into proving or disproving theven alleged report.

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

Oh wow, crazy chihuahua lady - and who does that hatchet faced nut remind me of?

Funny you mention that as I was wracking my brain trying to figure out that very thing, and I think I've got it: She reminds me of Carol Burnett, playing "Eunice."

carol.jpg

• Love 6
9 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Nope, to me she should be punished for making that call, whether or not the kids already had a case worker assigned. Guess JJ disagreed, or maybe time ran out, but she never really looked into proving or disproving theven alleged report.

Yes, thank you! The landlord was at least owed $1 in a judgement because Snooty Home Depot Store #9827q74 Spinster was a retaliatory bitch for making that call. I hope she got fired. 

Just now, LAgator77 said:

Judge Judy: So what happened Mr. Westerfield?

Larry Westerfield the Second (the First probably died of shame) slimy, obsequious Gollum is 43 and looks 60 and sucks the blood of everyone around him, but he has excuses! He cares for his mother (who I'm sure isn't supporting his worthless ass) and couldn't pay his sister who footed the bill for his mouthful of black, rotted stumps because, well  - he couldn't work because of his pain and then there was a hurricane and the financial world collapsed and he and Mom needed water and food at Ground Zero and well, he's a useless deadbeat. All the hand-wringing, scraping and bowing doesn't change that.

5 minutes ago, LAgator77 said:

Meth. Meth is what happened.

Yup.

• Love 13

What about Tiffani-Amber Thiessen of 90210, and her dog walking business? Can a dog walker/sitter make enough dough to support herself and a child? I suspect her father was paying the majority of the bills.  The "broker" who had known Tiffani-Amber since she was born cracked me up. "How long have you known the defendant?" Broker to Tiffani-Amber: "How old are you?" JJ: "SIT DOWN!!"

The plaintiff landlord was certainly well prepared. He had the lease, he had the pre-lease photos...very well-spoken and organized. But sorry, he won't get paid for his travel time and inconvenience in JJ's court.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, LAgator77 said:

Judge Judy: So what happened Mr. Westerfield?

Meth. Meth is what happened.

That is exactly why the dentist won't let him make payments. If the Larry Westerfields of the world will stiff their own family, they certainly won't pay the dentist.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Larry Westerfield the Second (the First probably died of shame) slimy, obsequious Gollum is 43 and looks 60 and sucks the blood of everyone around him, but he has excuses!

AND! He's an electrician. To which I immediately yelled at the TV, "Please don't be!" I wouldn't trust that guy to plug in a toaster without causing a four-alarm fire. 

10 hours ago, Intocats said:

Can a dog walker/sitter make enough dough to support herself and a child? I suspect her father was paying the majority of the bills.

Who, with a functioning brain, would bring all kinds of unknown dogs into the home with a baby there? Maybe her father is taking care of the child too.  Considering the blank, wide-eyed duh-ness of  "Tiffani-Amber Thiessen" (heh!) Dad will be taking care of her til he croaks, unless he can get her palmed off on another man who can keep her out of trouble.

I believe there are dog walkers who make a reasonable living, but they're out walking 10 dogs at a time and they do this all day. Tiffani doesn't strike me as that type. Duh.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Intocats said:

That is exactly why the dentist won't let him make payments. If the Larry Westerfields of the world will stiff their own family, they certainly won't pay the dentist.

Years ago my BIL's dentist finally told him she wouldn't see his family anymore unless they paid their bills. He was in high dungeon, how dare the dentist demand payment.  Needless to say we have given money to the BIL's family over the past 18 years or so. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Larry Westerfield the Second (the First probably died of shame) slimy, obsequious Gollum is 43 and looks 60 and sucks the blood of everyone around him, but he has excuses!

Whenever some Jr, or the III gets arrested for some horrible crime, I always think how proud Sr. must be to have passed down the name.  I just never got the whole naming your kid after yourself. I have a distant relative that hated being a Jr. because he was "little bobby" his whole life. So what does he do, he names his kid bobby but from day one they always called him by his initials so he wouldn't be "little bobby".  Why not just give him his own name.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, khyber said:

Whenever some Jr, or the III gets arrested for some horrible crime, I always think how proud Sr. must be to have passed down the name.

We've seen even IVs on this show, and they are invariably the trashy sort. I love how the announcer makes sure to emphasize the numeral after the name. I can only think that The Firsts must have been so proud of producing a male heir (heir to what? A 1964 car in pieces, a 30 year old trailer infested with rats... ?) in that noble tradition, they had to make sure the name suvived through the generations. As an aside, funny how only men seem to do this - advertise the fruit of their loins. I seldom see women naming their daughters after themselves.

1 hour ago, khyber said:

I have a distant relative that hated being a Jr. because he was "little bobby" his whole life.

Reminds me of a stupid commercial where this foolish woman is waiting hand and foot on her son and husband, who each want something different for dinner: "This is for Big Bob and this is for Little Bob," x10.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, khyber said:

Whenever some Jr, or the III gets arrested for some horrible crime, I always think how proud Sr. must be to have passed down the name.  I just never got the whole naming your kid after yourself. I have a distant relative that hated being a Jr. because he was "little bobby" his whole life. So what does he do, he names his kid bobby but from day one they always called him by his initials so he wouldn't be "little bobby".  Why not just give him his own name.

Yep, I have a cousin who is a Junior. His dad, my Uncle, died young, but 60 years after Uncle's death the family  still call him Junior.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, khyber said:

My brother-in-law and his brother have the exact same name as their father.  They use different nicknames.

• Love 3

I remember hearing some wit years back saying something like, "The only people with numbers after their names are royalty and Americans."  It does seem true--I'm not aware of other countries having anything exactly like the Roman-numerals thing we do here.  Maybe we were a teeny bit ambivalent about our Revolution.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

My brother-in-law and his brother have the exact same name as their father.  They use different nicknames.

And let's not forget George Foreman. Quoted from wikipedia "Foreman has 12 children: five sons and seven daughters. His five sons are George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey"). In a 2016 interview, Foreman explained, "I named all my sons George Edward Foreman so they would always have something in common. I say to them, 'If one of us goes up, then we all go up together, and if one goes down, we all go down together.""

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

And let's not forget George Foreman. Quoted from wikipedia "Foreman has 12 children: five sons and seven daughters. His five sons are George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey"). In a 2016 interview, Foreman explained, "I named all my sons George Edward Foreman so they would always have something in common. I say to them, 'If one of us goes up, then we all go up together, and if one goes down, we all go down together.""

Wow, I did not know this!

• Love 1

I've always thought all the little George Foremans were hilarious.  Like, "This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl," times five.  I just looked up the daughters' names, assuming they'd all be Georgina (or George!), but there's one Georgetta and the rest have non-George-related names.  Somehow I doubt they feel offended.

• Love 6

Mom was trying to do some research on a friend's family - they'd been pretty prominent in local history. Trouble was, the first settler was Steve, he had three sons and named one Steve, they all had 2 or 3 sons each and reused the names from their generation... Mom would find some undated story about a Steve or one of the other two names and have no clue where to put it in the overall history.

I couldn't watch today's reruns. The litigants were so skeevy I was starting to itch. KrisTIN, smirky, smart-mouthed, tatted up def, who silly muppet plaintiff (who is so dumb he leaves checkbook and 2K in cash lying around while KrisTIN is staying there) hired to stay in his home and care for his dogs: I wouldn't let her in my house if she came with an armed escort.

Then we had foolish girl wearing a really bad wig-hat who let plaintiff take "explicited" photos of her... nope. Next. I was sorry I didn't stop there, when Amanda, skankiest of skanks with her troweled-on makeup and large, nasty boobs on prominent display, popped up on my screen. She seemed so proud of herself for hooking up some guy on FB to have a sex marathon with him, and draggin her 4 year old daughter over to his place. Of course she got drunk and crashed his 16 year old Buick. All that was really cute of you, Amanda. You're a doll!

• Love 4

@AngelaHunter, I also remembered these scuzzy cases from the past, but since I was bored while taking down Christmas decorations, I sadly did re-watch. Then I wanted to disinfect my entire body. I felt so dirty. Especially after skanky Amanda who took her 4 yr old to the plaintiff's house. I truly weep for this world. Since I don't have enough tears, I decided a good amount of Chardonnay would have to do. Good luck to you, Amanda's daughter. May the force be with you.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Spunkygal said:

I decided a good amount of Chardonnay would have to do.

I had already had two glasses of cabernet sauvignon when I started to watch. Didn't help. Maybe from now on, I should have three.  I've never had such an overwhelming desire to "beat the crap outta" someone(to quote a charming former litigant/bar fighter, Michelle) as I did Amanda. She literally made me queasy. Yes, JJ - fish have babies, cats and dogs and rats and mice do too, and all of them are better mothers than that grimy, greasy slag. Ugh.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I saw the explicated photo case and lasted about 10 seconds.  Not one to repeat. And Spunkygal, you are correct.  Wine has pretty much become de rigueur for watching JJ. Cheers!

Does sangria count?

• Love 3