Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Intocats said:

And the the owner of the Australian shepherd...oh, my! People like her shouldn't have dogs.

Anybody figure out how many dogs she has? 3 or maybe 4 would be my guess. Anyway, with so many dogs I wonder who walks them... because it is NOT the defendant.

That said, I get what she was trying to say about the Australian shepherd's reaction. Natural reaction for a lot of herding dogs to someone running around screaming (I swear that lady was doing bird impressions) is to try to herd them by nipping at the heels. Doesn't excuse the lady losing control of her dog. Whether you call it a bite or a nip, the guy has photos and a doctor's report/bills. Dude must has a lawyer on retainer, he didn't even try to work things out, just sicced his lawyer on her. I notice JJ only gave him half what he asked for, but we didn't get a break down of his damages.

I remember as a kid we had a game when we went to a neighbor's house. They had a collie, and we would run around and let the collie "herd" us. She never bit anyone, but she would run up behind you and nip your leg if you weren't going in the right direction.  Really smart dog, as soon as a kid stopped running she knew they had had enough and would come up to be petted, then look around to see if anyone else wanted to play

Edited by SRTouch
Added word
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Shallow note! I am not loving the shade of lipstick JJ is wearing this season. It's not flattering.  

I noticed yesterday that her lipstick seemed to be really red.  It doesn't look good.

• Love 3

What I loved about the one lease case was the defendant/landlord's haughty response when JJ asked if she had a copy of the lease.  "No, I do not.  It was not MY place to bring it, as I'm being sued."

JJ:  "You're filing a countersuit based on that lease.  Yes, it WAS your place."

Hey landlady - Only ONE attitude is allowed on this show, and that's JJ's.  Judgment for the plaintiff.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

What I loved about the one lease case was the defendant/landlord's haughty response when JJ asked if she had a copy of the lease.  "No, I do not.  It was not MY place to bring it, as I'm being sued."

JJ:  "You're filing a countersuit based on that lease.  Yes, it WAS your place."

Hey landlady - Only ONE attitude is allowed on this show, and that's JJ's.  Judgment for the plaintiff.

ITA, I'm still getting the occasional chuckle over the idea she brought in someone else's signed lease and wanted Judge to somehow hold this guy to it. Plaintiff's case didn't need the lease, lots of folks show up in these cases without one. And, of course he provided the proof in the form of texts for JJ to rule against him. Don't really know what her counterclaim was, but evidently it was based on the lease everybody agrees he never signed, and besides JJ was done trying to explain things to these two.

• Love 3

I can't speak for present day America, but Franco said the three threats to Spain were Jews, Communists and Freemasons.  When I first learned that I was like "??????????????"

That Chick Tract guy didn't like Freemasons either....right up there with Catholics

https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1074/1074_01.asp

My dog wouldn't have bitten you if you hadn't asked me to open the door!  

That was pretty funny, actually. Dog lady was a bit wacky. Just a bit

• Love 1

I don't know why JJ was so skeptical about the (second) cost of the bathroom repair and renovation in the second episode. It's not hard to believe that some or all of the tiles had to be destroyed in an effort to put the rubber barrier in, and tiles can be very expensive -- I'm sure JJ has a house full of top-shelf tiles!  I couldn't stop staring at the defendant's son's Hapsburg chin and Dutch Boy haircut.  I found it interesting that he threw a mini tantrum with the fake receipts after JJ ruled and then went into the hallterview to talk about getting punched. Even though that case was a full episode, I would have liked five more minutes to hear the pushing/punching story.

• Love 5

I'm glad she ruled in the homeowner's favor because the defendant and his son were VERY shady.  But she screwed the pooch on the boarded horse that was injured.  This lazy-ass non-bill-paying plaintiff didn't even go SEE her horse!  And the poor defendant was doing her a FAVOR by flushing out this poor horse's wound four times a day, and medicine, and grain! And plaintiff tried to get out of paying AT ALL because she discovered the def. didn't have the proper permit (AFTER she abandoned her horse).  WRONG, Judy!

• Love 12

The bathroom reno case was a good example of why so many sons join the family business:  No one else will hire them.

Brattinella, I agree about the horse case.  Even if defendant didn't have a vet bill, her time was worth something.  And plaintiff's cockamamie story about moving as an excuse for not paying a year-old vet bill.  Pshaw.

But that thing JJ was doing with adding this and subtracting that, I was fuzzy about how it turned out.  Did plaintiff actually pay defendant and JJ returned some of the money to plaintiff?  All I got for sure was a $325 payment that was declined by defendant's bank.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I couldn't stop staring at the defendant's son's Hapsburg chin and Dutch Boy haircut.  I found it interesting that he threw a mini tantrum with the fake receipts after JJ ruled and then went into the hallterview to talk about getting punched.

Just watched this. Finally, a good case!  At first I thought goofy Sonny-boy was about 18, judging by his verbal skills and submission to daddy. But he's thirty-three! I guess he's just limited. I've always said that as long as mommy and daddy take care of you, you remain a child. Daddy is an obnoxious, blustering blowhard and I certainly wouldn't want him working in my house. Not him or junior, who can't seem to do anything without fucking it up. If I paid someone 8500$ and caught them making mistakes and their response was to say, "What? You never make mistakes?" they'd get the boot, pronto.

• Love 10

why so many sons join the family business:  No one else will hire them

In my area there is (or was) a company named "(family name) Ice, Inc". This business made a living by taking water and making it cold. The first and second generation children who made deliveries were known for being "odd", and local lore said that they lived under the porch of the family home.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DoctorK said:

In my area there is (or was) a company named "(family name) Ice, Inc". This business made a living by taking water and making it cold. The first and second generation children who made deliveries were known for being "odd", and local lore said that they lived under the porch of the family home.

I think I saw this on Little House on the Prairie...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Just watched this. Finally, a good case!  At first I thought goofy Sonny-boy was about 18, judging by his verbal skills and submission to daddy. But he's thirty-three! I guess he's just limited. I've always said that as long as mommy and daddy take care of you, you remain a child. Daddy is an obnoxious, blustering blowhard and I certainly wouldn't want him working in my house. Not him or junior, who can't seem to do anything without fucking it up. If I paid someone 8500$ and caught them making mistakes and their response was to say, "What? You never make mistakes?" they'd get the boot, pronto.

I thought Dad looked half-drunk, standing there with his hair all crazy and inappropriately smiling when JJ was telling him to be quiet. No wonder Junior's a fuck up.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I couldn't stop staring at the defendant's son's Hapsburg chin and Dutch Boy haircut. 

OMG. He looked like a resident of Mortville (complete with the Baltimore accent!) from John Waters' Desperate Living

I don't doubt the father is a good worker but the son...well, going out on a limb to say that that business founded in 1959? Ain't gonna be in business by 2029. 

I had my bathroom redone a few years back and I remember having screaming fights with my contractor. But, I like him (and knew him beforehand) and we're both hotheads, so there's that. And he and the subs he hired did excellent work. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I thought Dad looked half-drunk, standing there with his hair all crazy and inappropriately smiling when JJ was telling him to be quiet. No wonder Junior's a fuck up.

I was thinking it was a Bad Hair Day for everyone in this case. Dad certainly could have been drunk!

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I was fascinated by the plaintiff, who wasn't the one chosen to speak. Did anyone else but me notice how he kept his hands bent at the wrist, fingers touching the table and that his hands were two feet long? 

Aww, damn. Now you made me go ransack my DVR to check that out. I think I was distracted by the co-plaintiff who bore a resemblance to 80s Elton John. Those hands actually look as though they're directly attached to the elbows.

That son didn't know his head from a hole in the ground.

Ha. My mother used to say that, except with "ass" instead of "head'.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

Just watching the rerun case of the god-bothering, homophobes Janet and Bruce  Stuesse (who, in 2011 already had 10 children, who knows how many they have now) vs the neighbor whose horse was on their property and the daughter who vandalized their cars because they called her gay brother some nasty shit. 

In the hallterview, Janet Steusse says (when presumably asked about her homophobic comments): 

"As far as telling her I hate gays, that's not true. I have some friends that are homosexual." (Ed. note: probably not true)

"I do not approve of their lifestyle but I will love them."

"To judge ME for MY faith? In America? THAT IS MY RIGHT."

Nice to know that only Janet Steusse's rights count. 

1 hour ago, califred said:

I also can't believe a truck that old is worth $8500.  But there it was.  

A recurring problem I have with Byrd and his book is that the price he comes up with often has nothing to do with the real world. What we saw here was JJ asking Byrd for a KBB price for an '83 Chevy Silverado and Byrd coming up with a estimated value of $8500. But, good grief there were all kinds of factors not considered that could add or subtract thousands. Is this a short bed or long, 2 door or 4 door, 1500 or 3500, 2 or 4 wheel drive, what size engine, etc etc etc 

• Love 4

I don't know why JJ was so skeptical about the (second) cost of the bathroom repair and renovation in the second episode. It's not hard to believe that some or all of the tiles had to be destroyed in an effort to put the rubber barrier in, and tiles can be very expensive -- I'm sure JJ has a house full of top-shelf tiles!  I couldn't stop staring at the defendant's son's Hapsburg chin and Dutch Boy haircut.  I found it interesting that he threw a mini tantrum with the fake receipts after JJ ruled and then went into the hallterview to talk about getting punched. Even though that case was a full episode, I would have liked five more minutes to hear the pushing/punching story.

I wanted so much to see a picture of the finished bathroom, but the only photo shown depicted the pipe that came out of the wall and went immediately back behind the wall. Didn't the plaintiff say the bathroom was 6' x 9'?  I was trying to figure out what kind of cabinet the defendant was going to install to hide the pipe. Dutch Boy is/was a hothead--he will destroy that business.  Maybe Dad should come up with checklists so that son doesn't forget vital things. 

• Love 6

Oh yeah? Well my husband's Uncle Bud has a scar from his Granny throwing a Pepsi bottle at him from the front porch! Back when bottles were glass! And she told the officer that yes she threw it and if he came back she was going to throw some more at him. haha I heard that story so many times.

My mother used to work at a military base exchange. One retired Marine came in with his heavily accented Asian wife who told my mom her husband was a "gimp". Between the lady's accent and my mother's lack of knowledge of English slang, she couldn't figure out what she was saying. The man then removed his artificial leg and slammed it on the counter saying "Ah Got a Fake Leg!"  I only wished I could have been a fly on the wall for that one. 

• Love 4

"As far as telling her I hate gays, that's not true. I have some friends that are homosexual." (Ed. note: probably not true)

"I do not approve of their lifestyle but I will love them."

"To judge ME for MY faith? In America? THAT IS MY RIGHT."

She's allowed to hate gays (or anything else at all) as long as she doesn't go and vandalize the property of people who don't agree with her, as the defendant did. One of my oldest, dearest friends is gay, but I wouldn't mess up someone's car if they made a disparaging remark. Hell, I wouldn't even vandalize a car if the owner said he/she hated ME.

• Love 5

What I found amusing was that while the defendant was quick to leap onto the moral high ground when plaintiff made (and she probably did, especially since she couldn't bring herself to say "gay") hateful and bigoted remarks about "homosexuals," she was perfectly happy to let plaintiff keep on sheltering and caring for and bearing the financial load for her horse.  She apparently wasn't planning on doing anything to change that situation till she got sued.  And even then . . .  Outrage is cheap.  Horses are expensive.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

She's allowed to hate gays (or anything else at all) as long as she doesn't go and vandalize the property of people who don't agree with her, as the defendant did.

Of course she is -- and I hope you didn't read my post to mean she wasn't allowed to or as an inference that her vehickle deserved to be vandalized. I did not intend to imply either. But, my point was, she had some brass ones to elevate her right to condemn gays over a gay person's right to live their life as they see fit without interference from her. 

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

What I found amusing was that while the defendant was quick to leap onto the moral high ground when plaintiff made (and she probably did, especially since she couldn't bring herself to say "gay") hateful and bigoted remarks about "homosexuals," she was perfectly happy to let plaintiff keep on sheltering and caring for and bearing the financial load for her horse.  She apparently wasn't planning on doing anything to change that situation till she got sued.  And even then . . .  Outrage is cheap.  Horses are expensive.

How much do you want to bet def. never went and got the horse? "Yeah, you're horrible because you said words I dislike, but my moral outrage doesn't preclude letting you pay for my responsibilities."

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Gawd, the defendant in this case, the one with the sleeve of tats on his left arm, looks like Crispin Glover. He smiled into the camera while the plaintiff was talking, and he looked exactly like George McFly for a second.

Was he the tenant who got drunk, fell down and went boom?  Yeah, he did look like Glover -- same goofy grin.  Landlord was a trapeze artist?  Or some kind of acrobat?  There's a living in that?

I wanted more details on the visitation case.  Did that couple have any kind of relationship?  They never lived together but managed to make a baby, and the father wasn't dodging child support.  He seemed like an okay guy but mom (who could have won a smirking contest) didn't want anything to do with him -- did she just want a baby?  Is that why he referred to himself as a sperm donor? 

In the 135% interest loan case, I was surprised that defendant's lease confirmed that she did have to pay $2400 plus first month's rent.  I think JJ was surprised too.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I wanted more details on the visitation case.  Did that couple have any kind of relationship?  They never lived together but managed to make a baby, and the father wasn't dodging child support.  He seemed like an okay guy but mom (who could have won a smirking contest) didn't want anything to do with him -- did she just want a baby?  Is that why he referred to himself as a sperm donor? 

My question is why even bring the case to small claims? Seems to me something for the family court, and they already had a court date the next day. I figure custody/child support cases are just too important to the children's future to try to settle in on court TV - even when JJ takes a half hour. 

In the 135% interest loan case, I was surprised that defendant's lease confirmed that she did have to pay $2400 plus first month's rent.  I think JJ was surprised too.

Did JJ just give up on the case, or did I miss something. Seemed to me plaintiff, admittedly crazy stupid for taking out the loan, is still on the hook for this outrageous loan. JJ catches the woman repeatedly lieing, calls her a hustler, then tells her to continue to pay collection agency... WTF did she have any proof of any payments? Huh, after all those lies, all of a sudden the hustler can be believed when she promises to pay the collection agency? What did I miss?

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

Did JJ just give up on the case, or did I miss something. Seemed to me plaintiff, admittedly crazy stupid for taking out the loan, is still on the hook for this outrageous loan. JJ catches the woman repeatedly lieing, calls her a hustler, then tells her continue to to pay collection agency. Huh, after all those lies, all of a sudden the hustler can be believed when she promises to pay the collection agency? What did I miss?

I thought the exact same thing!!! He's still stuck! My son is studying usury laws currently so got a particular kick out of this one. Guy was a fool, but man, he really got screwed on this one, I thought.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Did JJ just give up on the case, or did I miss something. Seemed to me plaintiff, admittedly crazy stupid for taking out the loan, is still on the hook for this outrageous loan. JJ catches the woman repeatedly lieing, calls her a hustler, then tells her to continue to pay collection agency... WTF did she have any proof of any payments? Huh, after all those lies, all of a sudden the hustler can be believed when she promises to pay the collection agency? What did I miss?

What I got is that there are still 3 or so payments scheduled to be made. He can't sue for payments that  aren't due yet.  He came to  court too soon to get those payments. I mean, she won't pay, but you can't sue for anticipatory damages. Is that right?

Of course she is -- and I hope you didn't read my post to mean she wasn't allowed to or as an inference that her vehickle deserved to be vandalized. I did not intend to imply either.

No! I didn't take it that you meant the vandalism was deserved. Sorry if it seemed I was implying that!

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, AngelaHunter said:

What I got is that there are still 3 or so payments scheduled to be made. He can't sue for payments that  aren't due yet.  He came to  court too soon to get those payments. I mean, she won't pay, but you can't sue for anticipatory damages. Is that right?

Could be right. That interest rate boggled my mind, so maybe I missed the details of the payment plan.

• Love 2

Wasn't the man tryIng to explain its that much now bc it went to collections???  He said something about if it had been paid on time that the interest would have been under $200, still insane on that sum of money but far better than 125%

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

No! I didn't take it that you meant the vandalism was deserved. Sorry if it seemed I was implying that!

Oh, good! Thanks for clearing up! :) 

I tried to watch yesterday's cases but wound up getting easily distracted since they seemed so boring and deleted them without a rewatch. Isn't it Sweeps Week? When is a "Patricia Bean 2: Another Whore Next Door!" case going to air?

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

I hope that usury dude had some fantastic sex with the hustlah; he sure could have gotten it cheaper on any street corner!

With the way his gf/witness was looking at him he sure didn't want to admit to any "intimacy." Poor guy, I don't think it took very long before he decided coming to JJ was a BIG mistake.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, califred said:

Wasn't the man tryIng to explain its that much now bc it went to collections???  He said something about if it had been paid on time that the interest would have been under $200, still insane on that sum of money but far better than 125%

Yeah, I think it one of those loans, like some credit cards, where if you make payments on time it's not too awful, but every time you're late or miss a payment they really sock it to you. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

I have no clue who these people are but any post that manages to include the names Crispin and McFly deserves to be liked and quoted. 

*insert shocked face here*

You must be a young'un if you've never heard of the Back to the Future movies. And I must have misplaced my walker again.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I go back and forth between reading here first for insight or watching and then coming here to see what I missed when I watched. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.  I always miss something that's discussed here and I have usually deleted the episode.  When I don't delete, nothing of interest was missed.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SRTouch said:

With the way his gf/witness was looking at him he sure didn't want to admit to any "intimacy."

Okay, I know this is the way of the world now, but what plaintiff said "basically" (and pardon my language) "No we weren't in an intimate intimate relationship. We were just fucking." Call me old fashioned, but I've never been in a realationship like that. If I had been, NO WAY IN HELL would I have taken out a super-high interest loan because someone who is living in a car (in spite of working 40 hrs/week) thinks she's going to buy a house. Myesha was a nasty, amoral hustlah and really, not a particularly good looking one, so I guess there are desperate, pathetic men out there too.

Excuse errors. I've been tippling.

Hey, wait a minute! We also go the camel racing rerun, in which we were presented with yet another dumb-as-a-box of rocks 42 year old lawyer, who decides riding camels might be fun. I guess it could be, until some dorky a-hole gets his clavicle broken ( he seemed to feel he could get some sort of guarantee on the behavior of large and willful animals who have minds of their own) and wants more insurance than he paid for. NEVER BREAK THE LAW, folks. You do NOT want to have to use the services of any of the clueless, moronic lawyers we see here. Piss off, dopey lawyer man.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 5

I'm so behind in JJ episodes and reading comments since they've been airing two new episodes a day for a surprisingly long time. 

Friday was a good day: we had a hustlah and a drunken skerfuffler. The half hour child custody mess that ended in no damages for plaintiff was interesting. Did they decide to try to have a child to test his purportedly inadequate sperm donating abilities?  JJ did not like that he had moved to another jurisdiction and misused court with an ex parte order.

I also just caught the October 27 episode with the special snowflake squattahs. Stage whispering mom had some wonderful chest tattoos.  I think they were trying to say that their unit was illegal so "Housing" tells them they don't have to pay. JJ does not follow that rule.  They ate the steak!

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2